Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? 16:30 - May 9 with 5049 viewsDanFord

Found this thread all about us and Hurst here.

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/97068/more-interest-hurst

Things like 'we'd stuff them', 'toxic crowd', 'club going nowhere', 'he'd be better off at Norwich' etc. A few of the comments have merits but one 'another reason to dislike Ipswich' is weird. Did we upset them in their penalty shoot out win over us a few years back or does this stem from the rare late 80's encounters!

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 16:35 - May 9 with 4976 viewsSpruceMoose

*Edit* Excessively harsh on them comment removed. Put it down to hangry emotions.

Just panicking that the bigger boys are going to take away their toys, that's all.

Also shows the how devoid of knowledge the average fan is when it comes to teams who aren't their own. Norwich more suited than ITFC? Why? Their looming financial woes? Their reliance on one player who is about to be sold? Their lower than Ipswich league position? Guffaw.

Most folk's footballing views are little more than regurgitated nonsense.

Including my own.
[Post edited 9 May 2018 17:14]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 16:41 - May 9 with 4912 viewsfactual_blue

Or the early '80s cup encounters?

Or just their news commenters.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 16:49 - May 9 with 4831 viewsSuperfrans

To be fair, if a club in the division above us was connected with our hero manager just as we were heading into the play-offs, plenty on here would be apoplectic too.

Truth be known, I feel a bit sorry for them.
[Post edited 9 May 2018 16:50]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 16:52 - May 9 with 4791 viewsfabian_illness

I think they're perfectly entitled to their opinions.
No team really likes losing a manager that brings them success.
What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 16:53 - May 9 with 4781 viewsJ2BLUE

Only two of them took a shot at us. That's more respect than we get on most forums these days.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 16:54 - May 9 with 4779 viewsDanFord

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 16:49 - May 9 by Superfrans

To be fair, if a club in the division above us was connected with our hero manager just as we were heading into the play-offs, plenty on here would be apoplectic too.

Truth be known, I feel a bit sorry for them.
[Post edited 9 May 2018 16:50]

I always feel sorry for smaller clubs on the rise in this situation when they have a manager or a star striker that leaves and you know they'll slide back down towards what has been their familiar position. You get teams like Swindon that look like they can do wonders with Charlie Austin or managers like Hurst that propel Shrewsbury to levels a generation hasn't seen and the well deserved move is earned and it sets them back massively. You have to feel sympathy. Except when it's us taking Burley and Colchester suffer.

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 17:03 - May 9 with 4704 viewsLord_Lucan

Well Ipswich ran amok a little bit in the early 80's but I would imagine that is completely forgotten about up there, and in any case they broke George Burleys leg which arguably cost us a few points over a season in which we should have won the title.

Aside from that I can't imagine what they are on about.

For what it's worth I think Shrewsbury is a delightful little place.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 17:12 - May 9 with 4622 viewsJoeSoap

Here's a thought, perhaps it's because we want to steal their manager.
I think they are very restrained considering the circumstances and see very little that is disrespectful to us in those posts.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

Login to get fewer ads

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 17:26 - May 9 with 4516 viewsDanFord

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 17:12 - May 9 by JoeSoap

Here's a thought, perhaps it's because we want to steal their manager.
I think they are very restrained considering the circumstances and see very little that is disrespectful to us in those posts.

Which is why I have asked what have we ever done to them. They can decide to not like us because we are trying to steal their manager. But one has stated this reason as 'another' reason not to like us. I was just wondering what the other reason(s) might possibly be!

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 17:37 - May 9 with 4470 viewsplaythewayyourfacing

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 17:26 - May 9 by DanFord

Which is why I have asked what have we ever done to them. They can decide to not like us because we are trying to steal their manager. But one has stated this reason as 'another' reason not to like us. I was just wondering what the other reason(s) might possibly be!

As of now, Oddschecker showing betting suspended .
What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 17:45 - May 9 with 4447 viewsplaythewayyourfacing

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 17:37 - May 9 by playthewayyourfacing

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/ipswich/next-permanent-ma
What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 17:48 - May 9 with 4416 viewsLord_Lucan

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 17:37 - May 9 by playthewayyourfacing

It was suspended on Gerrard though.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 17:57 - May 9 with 4363 viewsJ2BLUE

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 17:45 - May 9 by playthewayyourfacing

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/ipswich/next-permanent-ma

Oddschecker isn't a good indicator here because many bookies have called the market 'Ipswich Manager First League Game 18/19 Season' so it looks like they aren't offering odds but they are.

Paddy Power have Hurst @1/2 which is mildly interesting

https://www.paddypower.com/football?tab=specials Fifth market from the bottom

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 18:42 - May 9 with 4222 viewsjaykay

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 17:03 - May 9 by Lord_Lucan

Well Ipswich ran amok a little bit in the early 80's but I would imagine that is completely forgotten about up there, and in any case they broke George Burleys leg which arguably cost us a few points over a season in which we should have won the title.

that would be at gay meadow.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 18:51 - May 9 with 4169 viewsm14_blue

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 18:42 - May 9 by jaykay

that would be at gay meadow.

Fabulous old ground by the river. Full of character, cracking away end and a short stumble down the hill from town.

Unfortunately now replaced by a soulless out of town identikit all-seater.

Anti modern football.
What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 18:54 - May 9 with 4152 viewsallezlesbleus

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 17:03 - May 9 by Lord_Lucan

I must admit that I think Shrewsbury were the friendliest fans I have ever met when there watching the Towen in the late 80's or early 90's.
What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 19:09 - May 9 with 4078 viewsLord_Lucan

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 18:54 - May 9 by allezlesbleus

I must admit that I think Shrewsbury were the friendliest fans I have ever met when there watching the Towen in the late 80's or early 90's.

It's a really nice place.

For some strange reason someone on here listed it as one of Britain's worse towns recently.

Not sure what was happening there.

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 19:20 - May 9 with 4024 viewsgosblue

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 18:51 - May 9 by m14_blue

Fabulous old ground by the river. Full of character, cracking away end and a short stumble down the hill from town.

Unfortunately now replaced by a soulless out of town identikit all-seater.

Anti modern football.

Do you remember the chap in a coracle fishing the ball out of the river whenever Butcher smashed one over the stand.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/shrewsbury-town-fc/2016/11/15/cora
What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 19:33 - May 9 with 3960 viewsm14_blue

What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 19:20 - May 9 by gosblue

Do you remember the chap in a coracle fishing the ball out of the river whenever Butcher smashed one over the stand.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/shrewsbury-town-fc/2016/11/15/cora

TWTD
What have we ever done to Shrewsbury? on 19:55 - May 9 with 3890 viewsVic

The most negative comments from the likes of Stowmarketshrew were made over a month ago. Things have changed a fair bit since then. Bigger crowds, non toxic atmosphere, Freddie scoring, etc, etc.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024