Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal 12:24 - May 19 with 36090 viewsBrixtonBlue

nonsense. Why on earth would you hold such reverence to people more privileged than you simply by a fluke of birth and their ancestors stealing people's land?

It's more odd than religion for me.

I genuinely didn't even know the wedding was on today when I woke up.

Is it like Stockholm Syndrome or something? I just don't get it.

p.s. I'm honestly not trying to be clever/cool/an arsehole here. I really don't understand the compulsion.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:27 - May 19 with 9081 viewsbrazil1982

People like different things, lots of people like / respect the Royals. nothing wrong with that.
I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:27 - May 19 with 9082 viewsJ2BLUE

That preacher just said something like when love is the way poverty will become history and no one will go to bed hungry again.

Religion, you've got to love it. Not to mention the amount of people who could have been fed with the expense of this wedding.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:28 - May 19 with 9070 viewsitfcjoe

It's a great spectacle, the whole world is watching and we do it brilliantly.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:32 - May 19 with 9055 viewsRyorry

Today is just an excuse for a bit of escapism from austerity on a lovely sunny spring Saturday - a knees-up spectacle, an event, with lots of pomp, circumstance, music, glitz & spot the celebs.

Nothing to do with "reverence" whatsoever.

And if you "genuinely didn't even know the wedding was on today when I woke up", you're not as aware of the outside world as perhaps you should be!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:33 - May 19 with 9048 viewsWD19

See also grown men following football teams.

Each to their own.
I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:34 - May 19 with 9033 viewsBlueNomad

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:27 - May 19 by J2BLUE

That preacher just said something like when love is the way poverty will become history and no one will go to bed hungry again.

Religion, you've got to love it. Not to mention the amount of people who could have been fed with the expense of this wedding.

It will generate far more for our economy
I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:35 - May 19 with 9022 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:34 - May 19 by BlueNomad

It will generate far more for our economy

Not for people going to bed hungry it won't.

Truly impaired.

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:35 - May 19 with 9021 viewsimsureazzure

I don't understand this fawning to the septics bullsh1t that is going on today.
Login to get fewer ads

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:37 - May 19 with 8995 viewsWD19

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:35 - May 19 by J2BLUE

Not for people going to bed hungry it won't.

So that additional tax revenue goes where exactly? Is it ring-fenced for non-deserving causes?
I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:41 - May 19 with 8970 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:37 - May 19 by WD19

So that additional tax revenue goes where exactly? Is it ring-fenced for non-deserving causes?

If people are going to bed hungry it would seem the system has failed them somehow and they are unlikely to see the benefit.

Anyway, my point was about a preacher banging on about god and then mentioning people going to bed hungry. Can god not solve that?

Truly impaired.

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:41 - May 19 with 8969 viewstomo

I bloody love it. No idea why, but I do.

There are probably loads of things wrong with the notion of a royal family, but I can’t be bothered worrying about it and am just enjoying the show. Shoot me.
I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:43 - May 19 with 8954 viewsitfcjoe

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:41 - May 19 by tomo

I bloody love it. No idea why, but I do.

There are probably loads of things wrong with the notion of a royal family, but I can’t be bothered worrying about it and am just enjoying the show. Shoot me.

If you can watch this and not enjoy it then you are just a bitter person for me - like any wedding in reality - I love all the pomp and ceremony and think the British do it brilliantly.

Sit back and enjoy the show!

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:44 - May 19 with 8927 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:37 - May 19 by WD19

How much has to be spent to recoup 30 million in tax just to break even?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:45 - May 19 with 8932 viewsLord_Lucan

Oh shut up you tart.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:46 - May 19 with 8915 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:45 - May 19 by Lord_Lucan

Oh shut up you tart.

No one has posted anything in the official thread or on your thread. You lot have come on to two threads clearly based on the opposite viewpoint.

Truly impaired.

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:48 - May 19 with 8884 viewsFtnfwest

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:41 - May 19 by J2BLUE

If people are going to bed hungry it would seem the system has failed them somehow and they are unlikely to see the benefit.

Anyway, my point was about a preacher banging on about god and then mentioning people going to bed hungry. Can god not solve that?

Well it’s harrys wedding so blame him
I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:50 - May 19 with 8866 viewsWD19

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:44 - May 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

How much has to be spent to recoup 30 million in tax just to break even?

You can relax. Low ball estimates have it generating over £120m for the economy, so we should be well covered.
I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:54 - May 19 with 8847 viewsLankHenners

The most baffling thing is the people insisting others should stop moaning about it and enjoy it coming onto a football forum to moan at said people for not watching it, instead of just enjoying it like they claim everyone should.

They're like Trump supporters - having it isn't enough for them, they have to shout about how good it is and get angry at people who don't like it. Really weird cult of celebrity stuff.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:57 - May 19 with 8822 viewsPendejo

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:41 - May 19 by J2BLUE

Yes. Yes he can but you have to chose the correct god / brand of religion; those that are hungry have clearly chosen the wrong one or not submitted themselves to "him" correctly or fawned enough for "him".

Some of my close acquaintances are deeply religious and insist on saying grace before eating. Don't have a problem with that, except the fact that the food can arrive at the table nuclear hot, yet by the time they've finished saying grace it has rotted away to nothing... not only is the length of grace an issue but they use the phrase "Dear Lord" more times than there are minutes in a day. FKNG annoying for a religiously anti-religious person such as myself.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:57 - May 19 with 8817 viewstomo

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:54 - May 19 by LankHenners

The most baffling thing is the people insisting others should stop moaning about it and enjoy it coming onto a football forum to moan at said people for not watching it, instead of just enjoying it like they claim everyone should.

They're like Trump supporters - having it isn't enough for them, they have to shout about how good it is and get angry at people who don't like it. Really weird cult of celebrity stuff.

I don’t think this has happened. Matey boy posted a thread saying he was baffled at why people enjoy it, a few explained why. No dramas.
I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 13:02 - May 19 with 8771 viewsRyorry

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:57 - May 19 by Pendejo

Yes. Yes he can but you have to chose the correct god / brand of religion; those that are hungry have clearly chosen the wrong one or not submitted themselves to "him" correctly or fawned enough for "him".

Some of my close acquaintances are deeply religious and insist on saying grace before eating. Don't have a problem with that, except the fact that the food can arrive at the table nuclear hot, yet by the time they've finished saying grace it has rotted away to nothing... not only is the length of grace an issue but they use the phrase "Dear Lord" more times than there are minutes in a day. FKNG annoying for a religiously anti-religious person such as myself.

The state you manage to get your food in, can't see what difference it'd make whether it arrives piping or frozen tbh!

Edit - sorry, mistook author of post, thought J2 had written it!!
[Post edited 20 May 2018 0:03]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 13:03 - May 19 with 8768 viewsHarry_Palmer

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 12:28 - May 19 by itfcjoe

It's a great spectacle, the whole world is watching and we do it brilliantly.

That's all it is though, a great big spectacle, all for show.

How about showing the World the homeless people who were conveniently moved out of the way so as not to 'spoil appearances' or the homeless charity bus that has been impounded for reasons best known to the idiots who made the decision.

If that is 'British values' then I want no part in it, thanks.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 13:06]
I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 13:05 - May 19 with 8752 viewsitfcjoe

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 13:03 - May 19 by Harry_Palmer

That's all it is though, a great big spectacle, all for show.

How about showing the World the homeless people who were conveniently moved out of the way so as not to 'spoil appearances' or the homeless charity bus that has been impounded for reasons best known to the idiots who made the decision.

If that is 'British values' then I want no part in it, thanks.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 13:06]

There's enough depressing news on a daily basis - nice to celebrate something for once.

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 13:09 - May 19 with 8734 viewsHarry_Palmer

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 13:05 - May 19 by itfcjoe

There's enough depressing news on a daily basis - nice to celebrate something for once.

Not really my point, but hey each to their own, personally there are about a million other things I'd rather celebrate than a Royal Wedding.
I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 13:14 - May 19 with 8713 viewsBrixtonBlue

I'm genuinely baffled as to why so many people are fawning over this royal on 13:05 - May 19 by itfcjoe

Celebrating someone being more privileged than you?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024