Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... 21:30 - May 23 with 20274 viewsElderGrizzly

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:26 - May 24 with 1911 viewsuefacup81

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:24 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

Like what?

The ones I referred to earlier - hurling abuse at Darren Huckerby, and being somewhat homophobic about Grant Holt. There were a few as well where he decides having an opinion different to his is worthy of abuse.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:26 - May 24 with 1909 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:23 - May 24 by itfcjoe

I'm not normally one for public shaming, because I think it does too much damage - mainly because a lot of the time it is something taken out of context, or something that is jumped upon by a certain community (e.g. cyclists) and blown totally out of proportion.

But taking the p155 out of a dead child, and not that it makes it any worse but one who seemed such a kind hearted beautiful boy who loved his football and brought fans together, is a red line for me.

I'm not saying he should have his head kicked in, but if he worked for me he would be being handed his P45 this morning.

You'd be up for an unfair dismissal charge then.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:30 - May 24 with 1896 viewsitfcjoe

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:26 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

Have you read the social media policy in my guys contracts then?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:30 - May 24 with 1896 viewsSwailsey

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:26 - May 24 by uefacup81

The ones I referred to earlier - hurling abuse at Darren Huckerby, and being somewhat homophobic about Grant Holt. There were a few as well where he decides having an opinion different to his is worthy of abuse.

I thought that.

Not that it suggests he has done this (his friend may have stolen his phone, but I strongly doubt it), but he certainly seems a bit of Twitter keyboard warrior regardless.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:31 - May 24 with 1891 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:26 - May 24 by uefacup81

Yeah the Holt one was certainly close to the knuckle but more dumb than abusive I thought. He also retweets a gay mate (or at least someone supporting a gay issue) further down as well.

There is a chance, clearly, that he is telling the truth and someone did pinch his phone. If you are the sort of person who would post that vile message about Bradley Lowrey, it's unlikely you'd previously be retweeting tributes to him.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:33 - May 24 with 1880 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:30 - May 24 by itfcjoe

Have you read the social media policy in my guys contracts then?

No clearly not. So you'd just fire people regardless of if their phone was stolen and someone was posting from their account?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:34 - May 24 with 1872 viewsitfcjoe

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:33 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

No clearly not. So you'd just fire people regardless of if their phone was stolen and someone was posting from their account?

Firsty, I don't believe that story for a second.

Secondly, he is still a representative of my company and if his phone his stolen it is still his responsibilty

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:39 - May 24 with 1856 viewsStokieBlue

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:34 - May 24 by itfcjoe

Secondly, he is still a representative of my company and if his phone his stolen it is still his responsibilty

Regardless of the clear wrongs of what he's done if you're basing your case on that one tweet then I think you'd have a very hard time making a constructive dismissal charge stick. You'd end up having to pay out.

His defence would be it was a question, regardless of the clear secondary meaning that would be hard to disprove wouldn't it?

The second point on the stolen phone wouldn't get anywhere. What if someone is mugged and their phone if used?

Obviously the guy is a complete bell-end but that's not enough to sack someone nowadays. I think the public trial is now damaging anyway.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:45 - May 24 with 1840 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

In a few days you won't even be able to wrap your chips in his tweets !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:48 - May 24 with 1833 viewsuefacup81

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:39 - May 24 by StokieBlue

Regardless of the clear wrongs of what he's done if you're basing your case on that one tweet then I think you'd have a very hard time making a constructive dismissal charge stick. You'd end up having to pay out.

His defence would be it was a question, regardless of the clear secondary meaning that would be hard to disprove wouldn't it?

The second point on the stolen phone wouldn't get anywhere. What if someone is mugged and their phone if used?

Obviously the guy is a complete bell-end but that's not enough to sack someone nowadays. I think the public trial is now damaging anyway.

SB

Your comment raises an interesting point about secondary meanings.

Wasn't Sally Bercow found liable for an equally innocent question?

I don't know the ins and outs of it all, but doesn't this now suggest that courts are able to take account of secondary meanings, and the whole 'innocent question' defence (particularly given the 'crying laughing' emojis) isn't as strong as it used to be?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:50 - May 24 with 1828 viewsBrixtonBlue

Why don't you believe the story? As I said, he previously retweeted a tribute to Bradley Lowrey.

Also, let's hope your phone isn't stolen and someone posts a message as you. You'd have to sack yourself then.

I've not even done a proper investigation, I just scrolled down his twitter feed for a bit. It's a bit worrying how many people want to see physical harm come to a bloke who has possibly just been the victim of phone theft!

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:54 - May 24 with 1811 viewsslideaway

Disgusting what was said but moving away from the post I think you need to wind your neck in a little. 'If his phone is stolen it is still his responsibility'. I take it you dont bother insuring anything for theft etc as its just 'your responsibility' if its taken and your fault? I also imagine if your phone was taken and abusive messages sent you wouldn't bother defending yourself either as its just 'your responsibilty' when some else who you cannot control takes your phone/belongings?
Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:59 - May 24 with 1790 viewsSwansea_Blue

And this is why I don't do Tvvatter.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:00 - May 24 with 1785 viewswkj

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:31 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah the Holt one was certainly close to the knuckle but more dumb than abusive I thought. He also retweets a gay mate (or at least someone supporting a gay issue) further down as well.

There is a chance, clearly, that he is telling the truth and someone did pinch his phone. If you are the sort of person who would post that vile message about Bradley Lowrey, it's unlikely you'd previously be retweeting tributes to him.

Even if his story is 100% true, his phone was left unattended without any form of lock feature enabled- he still has a degree of culpability, Much like if you or I worked over night in a petrol station, left the door unlocked, went for a slash and got done over in the process.

His actions after the tweet seem very much like someone who was behind the tweet.

1. He hides his account to hide from the situation
2. Realises someone took a screenshot and many people are on to him, so blurts out an excuse with a lot of holes- without even apologising on his friend's behalf at all.
3. Locks his account down again when he realise #2 isn't working

Even in the unlikely event the friend story is true, if he ends up in court over cyber-bullying charges or what have you, his story wouldn't hold up unless there was overwhelming proof.

So, whether it was him, or his negligence leaving his phone unlocked and unattended, I hoe he reaps what he's sewn

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:03 - May 24 with 1776 viewsBlueStreak

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:50 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

Why don't you believe the story? As I said, he previously retweeted a tribute to Bradley Lowrey.

Also, let's hope your phone isn't stolen and someone posts a message as you. You'd have to sack yourself then.

I've not even done a proper investigation, I just scrolled down his twitter feed for a bit. It's a bit worrying how many people want to see physical harm come to a bloke who has possibly just been the victim of phone theft!

So someone stole his phone, logged onto twitter, posted a highly offense response to a tweet and then hid the phone? You really think that happened? Sure.

It is absolute BS and you would be naïve to think otherwise.
Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:03 - May 24 with 1776 viewslocalboy78

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:50 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

His "mate" "stole" his phone as a "joke" and sent a tweet mocking people that he doesn't know about a dead child?

Is this the famous banter I've heard so much about? Jesus.

I'd sack him for hanging around with @rseholes.
Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:03 - May 24 with 1774 viewscolchesterchris

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:23 - May 24 by itfcjoe

I'm not normally one for public shaming, because I think it does too much damage - mainly because a lot of the time it is something taken out of context, or something that is jumped upon by a certain community (e.g. cyclists) and blown totally out of proportion.

But taking the p155 out of a dead child, and not that it makes it any worse but one who seemed such a kind hearted beautiful boy who loved his football and brought fans together, is a red line for me.

I'm not saying he should have his head kicked in, but if he worked for me he would be being handed his P45 this morning.

I completely agree with the sentiment of this, and it's a red line for me too.

I do have a small bit of sympathy here though. The guy is obviously a bit of a kn0b and it's a disgusting comment to make. But, isn't it also an example of where social media is so instant and permanent that some people trying to be the 'big I am' just aren't aware of the consequences. He's said something crass, deeply insensitive, but the vigilante nature of social media means he'll be tarred by this for a long time. Not on the same scale, but think of some of the chants we've heard, german bombers, paedo, fashanu and more, are also appalling, but on social media it takes one click and a screenshot and you've got people contacting your employer, sharing your address and more.

I'm just not comfortable with it. I completely agree with you from an employer point of view, it clearly brings them into disrepute so enough people will probably message them that they do something, and if I was his boss I'd probably do the same as you.

Poll: Hypothetically, we have £1M for January. What would you rather?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:07 - May 24 with 1763 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:00 - May 24 by wkj

Even if his story is 100% true, his phone was left unattended without any form of lock feature enabled- he still has a degree of culpability, Much like if you or I worked over night in a petrol station, left the door unlocked, went for a slash and got done over in the process.

His actions after the tweet seem very much like someone who was behind the tweet.

1. He hides his account to hide from the situation
2. Realises someone took a screenshot and many people are on to him, so blurts out an excuse with a lot of holes- without even apologising on his friend's behalf at all.
3. Locks his account down again when he realise #2 isn't working

Even in the unlikely event the friend story is true, if he ends up in court over cyber-bullying charges or what have you, his story wouldn't hold up unless there was overwhelming proof.

So, whether it was him, or his negligence leaving his phone unlocked and unattended, I hoe he reaps what he's sewn

If your phone had been stolen, that's not necessarily negligent (although not having it locked is a bit daft). Also, you probably would delete your account if you saw that offensive tweet from yourself.

I don't see a lot of holes in the excuse. I see it as perfectly possible. He also DID apologise for the tweet and said he would make a donation to the BL foundation.

I'm not saying he definitely is innocent but you have to admit there's a chance he's telling the truth.

How do you explain him previously retweeting a tribute to Bradley Lowrey? Doesn't seem the actions, to me, of someone who would tweet abusively about him a few days later.

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:08 - May 24 with 1758 viewscolchesterchris

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:26 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

1) Most organisations will have a policy that outlines acceptable use of social media, and I'd agree with Joe that this clearly would breach that.

2) In fairness to the company you of all people must appreciate the brand damage that this does by association?

3) You might be right technically, but being up for an unfair dismissal charge doesn't mean it's an unfair dismissal.

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:09 - May 24 with 1753 viewscolchesterchris

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:08 - May 24 by colchesterchris

1) Most organisations will have a policy that outlines acceptable use of social media, and I'd agree with Joe that this clearly would breach that.

2) In fairness to the company you of all people must appreciate the brand damage that this does by association?

3) You might be right technically, but being up for an unfair dismissal charge doesn't mean it's an unfair dismissal.

Assuming some level of due process of course, but I think that's implied.

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:09 - May 24 with 1752 viewsconnorscontract

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 23:00 - May 23 by LimitlessBlue

the way some of you are talking, you would gladly see physical harm come to him? He wrote a mind numbing pathetic comment that really should never have even been thought of being written, let alone written... totally out of order but the way some itfc fans are getting hard-ons egging all this on, on twitter worries me...

Vigilante justice for typing a sick remark. there are already folk online getting his address, I mean come on...

I agree with this.

If it comes to the attention of the club and they ban him from the ground then that is fair enough and appropriate, but the lynch-mob mentality is a societal disease.
Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:10 - May 24 with 1751 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:03 - May 24 by BlueStreak

So someone stole his phone, logged onto twitter, posted a highly offense response to a tweet and then hid the phone? You really think that happened? Sure.

It is absolute BS and you would be naïve to think otherwise.

The phone could've already been logged into twitter.

It *could* be BS.

Equally, imagine if people were caving his head in and it was found that his excuse, however unlikely, was true?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:12 - May 24 with 1737 viewsBrixtonBlue

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:03 - May 24 by localboy78

His "mate" "stole" his phone as a "joke" and sent a tweet mocking people that he doesn't know about a dead child?

Is this the famous banter I've heard so much about? Jesus.

I'd sack him for hanging around with @rseholes.

Can't disagree with that. Someone is clearly an @rsehole in all this.

Can we just make sure who before the tarring and feathering?

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:13 - May 24 with 1729 viewsBlueStreak

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:07 - May 24 by BrixtonBlue

If your phone had been stolen, that's not necessarily negligent (although not having it locked is a bit daft). Also, you probably would delete your account if you saw that offensive tweet from yourself.

I don't see a lot of holes in the excuse. I see it as perfectly possible. He also DID apologise for the tweet and said he would make a donation to the BL foundation.

I'm not saying he definitely is innocent but you have to admit there's a chance he's telling the truth.

How do you explain him previously retweeting a tribute to Bradley Lowrey? Doesn't seem the actions, to me, of someone who would tweet abusively about him a few days later.

Not having a lock on your phone is clearly negligent.
Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 09:13 - May 24 with 1727 viewsJ2BLUE

Ah, some of our fans are proper morons.... on 08:09 - May 24 by Swailsey

I thought that!

He’s also tweeeted our very own J2 looking for a character reference!

What did he say?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024