Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the point? 13:07 - Jun 14 with 18979 viewsStokieBlue

Totally idiotic behaviour:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/13/bunch-idiots-destroy-320000000-years-history-stup

I used to go rock climbing there years and years ago when I was in the scouts.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What's the point? on 09:00 - Jun 15 with 3627 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 08:53 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

I edited it because I thought I was being too harsh and didn't want to be.

I do think you've gone back to arguing just for the sake of it and posting one sentence out of posts whilst ignoring the rest in order to try and score points. A number of other posters have said the same in this thread as well.

I honestly also don't understand your views on this subject, guess we just differ there. That's fine.

SB

"posting one sentence out of posts whilst ignoring the rest in order to try and score points."

Ironic considering you jumped on the word "series" and ignored the word "litter" (which you've again sidestepped here). Do you not agree with me that if something "litters the area" it sounds like there's lots of them?

You are often exactly what you say I am.

Yes, we just differ here. So no need to get so worked up and thinking I'm trolling or point scoring. To clarify, I think what these youths did is wrong. I do not endorse it at all. I just think jail is OTT. I've tried to be quite clear on that but people now seem to be inferring I endorse this behaviour.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What's the point? on 09:04 - Jun 15 with 3621 viewswkj

I've gotta say when you say people must be smoking something it becomes a bit trollish. A gentleman's disagreement is one thing, but sprinkle in comments like that and it tends to become combative and tarnishes legitimacy from a point of view, no matter how valid or abstract it is.

This post is not having a go at dolly, just providing a bit of context as to why some discussions on TWTD tend to unravel into something obscure and sometimes personal for people.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What's the point? on 09:29 - Jun 15 with 3594 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 08:57 - Jun 15 by Swailsey

Dolly, do you not ever stop and wonder why so many of your threads and opinions are so one sided?

It can’t ALWAYS be everyone else. You really do get people’s backs up with the way you reply to them. If you can’t see that, you will always find yourself in these situations unfortunately.

If that’s what you want, then fine - but you can’t have it both ways.

I'm not always in an opposing view. Just sometimes. The reason I get people's backs up is that a lot of people on here can't handle someone having a different opinion. They can't understand my reasoning and get annoyed because it isn't the same as their own.

Can you point out specifically in this thread anything I've said that's out of order? As far as i can see, my points are valid and have been put in a way that are as respectful, if not more so, than what I'm replying to.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What's the point? on 09:32 - Jun 15 with 3592 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 09:04 - Jun 15 by wkj

I've gotta say when you say people must be smoking something it becomes a bit trollish. A gentleman's disagreement is one thing, but sprinkle in comments like that and it tends to become combative and tarnishes legitimacy from a point of view, no matter how valid or abstract it is.

This post is not having a go at dolly, just providing a bit of context as to why some discussions on TWTD tend to unravel into something obscure and sometimes personal for people.

My what have you been smoking jibe was not about the discussion at hand but the way people have gone so mental at me for having an alternative view. And was a joke in reference to the stabbing thread which has turned into a drugs thread.

What's the point? on 12:29 - Jun 15 with 3565 viewsSwailsey

What's the point? on 09:29 - Jun 15 by BrixtonBlue

I'm not always in an opposing view. Just sometimes. The reason I get people's backs up is that a lot of people on here can't handle someone having a different opinion. They can't understand my reasoning and get annoyed because it isn't the same as their own.

Can you point out specifically in this thread anything I've said that's out of order? As far as i can see, my points are valid and have been put in a way that are as respectful, if not more so, than what I'm replying to.

I give up.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

What's the point? on 12:48 - Jun 15 with 3557 viewsJ2BLUE

I will not change my new avatar until Dolly admits he's wrong.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 12:49]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What's the point? on 12:54 - Jun 15 with 3543 viewswkj

What's the point? on 12:48 - Jun 15 by J2BLUE

Bit childish don't you think? I would never change my avatar to wind anyone up.

Crybaby

What's the point? on 13:09 - Jun 15 with 3525 viewsJ2BLUE

What's the point? on 12:54 - Jun 15 by wkj

Bit childish don't you think? I would never change my avatar to wind anyone up.

Newcy still has his up. I loved that avatar but can't be associated with a couple of waste men like you two.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

What's the point? on 13:10 - Jun 15 with 3523 viewswkj

What's the point? on 13:09 - Jun 15 by J2BLUE

Newcy still has his up. I loved that avatar but can't be associated with a couple of waste men like you two.

Talk about gratitude... You get a couple of loyal fans, and shun them... what is life.

Crybaby

What's the point? on 13:18 - Jun 15 with 3516 viewschicoazul

An analogue for modern society; precious things that take ages to create, destroyed in no time at all by thoughtless idiots.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What's the point? on 13:18 - Jun 15 with 3509 viewsSpruceMoose

What's the point? on 08:57 - Jun 15 by Swailsey

Dolly, do you not ever stop and wonder why so many of your threads and opinions are so one sided?

It can’t ALWAYS be everyone else. You really do get people’s backs up with the way you reply to them. If you can’t see that, you will always find yourself in these situations unfortunately.

If that’s what you want, then fine - but you can’t have it both ways.

Evolutionary Biologists call this the "Balotelli Complex'.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What's the point? on 13:22 - Jun 15 with 3504 viewsJ2BLUE

What's the point? on 13:18 - Jun 15 by chicoazul

An analogue for modern society; precious things that take ages to create, destroyed in no time at all by thoughtless idiots.

At the minimum, we should cut off three of their fingers with a rusty saw.

Truly impaired.

What's the point? on 13:24 - Jun 15 with 3494 viewsSpruceMoose

What's the point? on 13:22 - Jun 15 by J2BLUE

A rusty saw? J2. Soft on crime, soft on the causes of crime. We should be hacking away with a butter knife.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

What's the point? on 13:24 - Jun 15 with 3499 viewswkj

What's the point? on 13:22 - Jun 15 by J2BLUE

Or worse, make them stand in line for people coming up to half time at PR

Crybaby

What's the point? on 15:51 - Jun 15 with 3443 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 12:29 - Jun 15 by Swailsey

I give up.

No answer.

Think I proved my point there.

What's the point? on 16:05 - Jun 15 with 3436 viewsSwailsey

What's the point? on 15:51 - Jun 15 by BrixtonBlue

No answer.

Think I proved my point there.

You’re insane. I’m not gonna engage anymore, and you’re my first div list. Congrats.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

What's the point? on 16:08 - Jun 15 with 3429 viewsJ2BLUE

What's the point? on 16:05 - Jun 15 by Swailsey

You’re insane. I’m not gonna engage anymore, and you’re my first div list. Congrats.

Div listed by chrisswailes. That's like having Mother Theresa rip your head off and sh1t down your neck.

Truly impaired.

What's the point? on 16:09 - Jun 15 with 3422 viewsSpruceMoose

What's the point? on 16:08 - Jun 15 by J2BLUE

Div listed by chrisswailes. That's like having Mother Theresa rip your head off and sh1t down your neck.

Well, she probably would have done if you were gay...

What's the point? on 16:10 - Jun 15 with 3420 viewsJ2BLUE

Come on Dolly, be a good sport.

Truly impaired.

What's the point? on 16:16 - Jun 15 with 3413 viewsNewcyBlue

What's the point? on 09:29 - Jun 15 by BrixtonBlue

Whilst I wouldn’t say you have been out of order, you’re just not easy to discuss things with.

“Jesus Christ, I didn't say you did. I was replying to the poster who said there were probably signs.”

“Am I posting in Swahili or something?!”

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

What's the point? on 18:50 - Jun 15 with 3358 viewsm14_blue

What's the point? on 16:16 - Jun 15 by NewcyBlue

Whilst I wouldn’t say you have been out of order, you’re just not easy to discuss things with.

“Jesus Christ, I didn't say you did. I was replying to the poster who said there were probably signs.”

“Am I posting in Swahili or something?!”

I dunno, I don't agree with Dolly on this at all but quite admire the way he stands his ground despite being so outnumbered.

Can't really see what he's done to upset people in this thread tbh (other than being wrong).
What's the point? on 10:17 - Jun 17 with 3291 viewsLeaky

What's the point? on 20:12 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

How can you call a rock breaking up into smaller rocks vandalism?

You'll be telling me kicking over sandcastles is a criminal offence next!

Stonehenge is just a load of rocks balance on top of each other. Are you suggesting if kids pushed that over it would just be high jinx
What's the point? on 10:27 - Jun 17 with 3285 viewsJ2BLUE

It has dawned on me that I will have this avatar for the rest of my life now.

I'm not concerned. I can handle commitment. I bought two bags for life earlier like it was nothing. #player

Truly impaired.

What's the point? on 10:32 - Jun 17 with 3281 viewsBrixtonBlue

What's the point? on 10:17 - Jun 17 by Leaky

Stonehenge is just a load of rocks balance on top of each other. Are you suggesting if kids pushed that over it would just be high jinx

Read the thread before you join the 'Give Dolly a kicking' queue.

What's the point? on 10:39 - Jun 17 with 3271 viewstcblue

What's the point? on 10:27 - Jun 17 by J2BLUE

It has dawned on me that I will have this avatar for the rest of my life now.

I'm not concerned. I can handle commitment. I bought two bags for life earlier like it was nothing. #player

Two bags for life? Think of the environment man. What's next in your rampage of selfish profligacy, pushing a stupid rock off a cliff?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024