Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something new? 10:30 - Jun 30 with 6166 viewscrazyblue68

Didnt Evans say we were trying something new in that PR stunt of an interview? Well whats new then? Yes, a new face at the helm, other than that its the same old story. Selling our better players for what seem like peanuts compared to the ridiculous prices some are going for at other clubs. Does he just bend over and take the first offer? Doesnt seem to hold out for anything better.
Its just the same with incoming players. So far we have an 18 year old kid on loan and a lower league winger on a free. If rumours are right, we are also looking at other older freebie journeymen. Having said that, we need to sign a quite a few as we have let an awful lot go.
I can only see us struggling this season, unless there is a minor miracle. The bookies have us down for relegation. They dont tend to get things far out.
Something new Evans? Bollox!
Something new? on 10:32 - Jun 30 with 4417 viewsSitfcB

Blub.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Something new? on 10:32 - Jun 30 with 4413 viewsgmanrom

We was around the same price last year, did they get it wrong?

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Something new? on 10:33 - Jun 30 with 4408 viewscrazyblue68

Something new? on 10:32 - Jun 30 by SitfcB

Blub.

Well, where is the change then?
Something new? on 10:34 - Jun 30 with 4395 viewsgmanrom

Something new? on 10:33 - Jun 30 by crazyblue68

Give em a chance for christ sake, you have lost it mate.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Something new? on 10:35 - Jun 30 with 4389 viewscrazyblue68

Something new? on 10:32 - Jun 30 by gmanrom

We was around the same price last year, did they get it wrong?

You cant keep dodging bullets. Blackpool did the same as we are doing. It didnt even great.
Something new? on 10:36 - Jun 30 with 4383 viewsBilly_Blue_boy

We haven't even played a game under the new regime, Hurst has been in charge a matter of days and the players have only returned to training this week.

What were you expecting?
Something new? on 10:37 - Jun 30 with 4377 viewscrazyblue68

Something new? on 10:34 - Jun 30 by gmanrom

Give em a chance for christ sake, you have lost it mate.

No l havent. Its just the same pattern. You obviously are easily swayed with Evans old PR stunt. Thats what he wanted.
Something new? on 10:39 - Jun 30 with 4367 viewscrazyblue68

Something new? on 10:36 - Jun 30 by Billy_Blue_boy

We haven't even played a game under the new regime, Hurst has been in charge a matter of days and the players have only returned to training this week.

What were you expecting?

Keeping our better players for a start. We are only looking at lower league freebies. You tell me what has changed then?
Login to get fewer ads

Something new? on 10:41 - Jun 30 with 4355 viewsKeno

Something new? on 10:36 - Jun 30 by Billy_Blue_boy

What were you expecting?

We should be top of league, FA Cup semi-finalists and in the Champions League knock out stage

Hell no!!

We should be in the last 16 of the World Cup!!!

Evans OUT
Hurst OUT
Doggie OUT
Clegg OUT

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Something new? on 10:41 - Jun 30 with 4349 viewsartsbossbeard

Something new? on 10:39 - Jun 30 by crazyblue68

Keeping our better players for a start. We are only looking at lower league freebies. You tell me what has changed then?

Oooh, someone's tired.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Something new? on 10:42 - Jun 30 with 4346 viewsBilly_Blue_boy

Something new? on 10:39 - Jun 30 by crazyblue68

New back room set up
Selling players to raise funds to implement changes to the playing squad that Hurst thinks is needed
At no point was I expecting us to start spunking millions on new players

Let's just give the new guys a chance before criticising, If not it's gonna be a long season.
Something new? on 10:44 - Jun 30 with 4340 viewsitfcjoe

Surely you need to allow the manager the whole first window to shape the squad before judging?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Something new? on 10:44 - Jun 30 with 4349 viewsGuthrum

Did Evans say anything about changing the transfer policy in his interview? No. On the contrary, he made it perfectly clear that would broadly remain unchanged. There would not suddenly be lots of money available.

Webster's sale price is only 'peanuts' if you take an overinflated view of his talents as actually demonstrated on the pitch and ignore his relative inexperience at this level, plus the glaring injury record. He has nothing like Flint's achievements.

Bookies give short prices to things which the punters are putting money on, to minimise their losses against the larger stakes wagered. It has nothing to do with what may actually happen. Otherwise the favourite would win every race.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Something new? on 10:45 - Jun 30 with 4327 viewscrazyblue68

Something new? on 10:41 - Jun 30 by artsbossbeard

Oooh, someone's tired.

No one seems to be able to tell me what has changed. Only make childish remarks. Says it all really
Something new? on 10:45 - Jun 30 with 4315 viewsartsbossbeard

Something new? on 10:44 - Jun 30 by itfcjoe

Surely you need to allow the manager the whole first window to shape the squad before judging?

This really isn't the place for sensible comments like this.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Something new? on 10:47 - Jun 30 with 4301 viewsSitfcB

Something new? on 10:33 - Jun 30 by crazyblue68

A new young and up and coming manager instead of the same old has been name. A new manager with new ideas and new systems.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Something new? on 10:48 - Jun 30 with 4296 viewscrazyblue68

Something new? on 10:44 - Jun 30 by Guthrum

Did Evans say anything about changing the transfer policy in his interview? No. On the contrary, he made it perfectly clear that would broadly remain unchanged. There would not suddenly be lots of money available.

Webster's sale price is only 'peanuts' if you take an overinflated view of his talents as actually demonstrated on the pitch and ignore his relative inexperience at this level, plus the glaring injury record. He has nothing like Flint's achievements.

Bookies give short prices to things which the punters are putting money on, to minimise their losses against the larger stakes wagered. It has nothing to do with what may actually happen. Otherwise the favourite would win every race.

I take your points on board. The first guy on here who has actually made some constructive points, as apposed to making stupid comments, to what l thought was a valid question.
Something new? on 10:48 - Jun 30 with 4290 viewsDubtractor

Something new? on 10:45 - Jun 30 by crazyblue68

No one seems to be able to tell me what has changed. Only make childish remarks. Says it all really

No, you're the one struggling here.

We have had a manager in post for about a week and you are already drawing conclusions about our transfer policy. We've probably only signed a freebie so far as it is much easier to get that sorted.

If, and its a big if, we get to the end of the window having sold a few better players and have only replaced them with freebie lower league journeymen, then you can come back and have a justified moan.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2018 10:51]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Something new? on 10:50 - Jun 30 with 4278 viewsEly_Blue

You're 100% right, the bookies dont get much wrong do they, remind me of who were favourites to get relegated from L1 last season and where they eventually finished?

Remind me of where those favourites for the Town job Jack Ross,the Cowleys and Gerard are now?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Something new? on 10:51 - Jun 30 with 4266 viewsGuthrum

Something new? on 10:45 - Jun 30 by crazyblue68

I have pointed out that Evans did not mention change in transfer policy. He referred to new approaches in fitness and injury avoidance, plus integration between youth teams and the Championship squad. He may also have been alluding to the choice of an up-coming young manager from the lower divisions rather than an experienced pair of hands (or a famous face such as Keane).

All those things have or are happening.

The thing he didn't promise - blarting huge sums of money on transfers - hasn't.

Something new? on 10:53 - Jun 30 with 4245 viewsconnorscontract

Last year were you moaning about us signing a couple of journeymen strikers for not very much money from the rubbish Scottish League?

Your post seems to be saying that it's rubbish to buy young players, rubbish to buy mid-20's players, and really rubbish to buy over-30's players. And new things should be happening but it's rubbish that quite a few squad fillers have moved on to make room for new players coming in.

The "something new" is a new manager with a more attacking ethos who has said that he will evaluate players on what he sees rather than on reputation, and who is bringing in his own players to bring about a shift in how we play. And he's been in post how long?

Write off the manager after just over a fortnight of pre-pre-season, and all his signings before they have kicked a ball in an Ipswich shirt?

Now that truly is "Bollox!"
Something new? on 10:53 - Jun 30 with 4245 viewsTrumptonBlue

The something different promised was just in the type of manager, as I understood it - someone up and coming rather than an experienced old hand. Evans has delivered that.

I don't know why you would have expected us to keep our best players. The change of manager won't have changed the fact that we have no money and need to sell to survive.
Something new? on 11:20 - Jun 30 with 4137 viewsGuthrum

Something new? on 10:48 - Jun 30 by Dubtractor

No, you're the one struggling here.

We have had a manager in post for about a week and you are already drawing conclusions about our transfer policy. We've probably only signed a freebie so far as it is much easier to get that sorted.

If, and its a big if, we get to the end of the window having sold a few better players and have only replaced them with freebie lower league journeymen, then you can come back and have a justified moan.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2018 10:51]

I'm not sure it's entirely justified even then. It depends on how those formerly lower division men actually perform, whether they turn out to be as good as, or even better than, what we had before.

Something new? on 12:20 - Jun 30 with 4019 viewsZacak

Like the bookies had Shrewesbury as relegation favourites....
Something new? on 12:28 - Jun 30 with 4007 viewsDanFord

The same bookies that had Cardiff down for possible relegation and Sunderland down for playoffs at least?

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024