Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Braintree thoughts.. 17:01 - Jul 14 with 5671 viewsTheBlueBarca

We offered nothing. Literally nothing. That's as drab a Town pre-season display as I have seen in many years, considering a number of our players were seniors against a semi-pro side who were smashed Colchester at home recently it was a bit of a shock. We lacked ideas, were slow and frankly a bit off our game overall. Demoralised even, heads down, why we're clearing out some players and keeping onto others like Spence, who was fkn awful today I do not know.

Defensively still as poor as last season, and we're still messing about with Sears as a winger despite Mick being moved on. What's the long term plan here?

Yes, pre-season is worth nothing other than to gain fitness but Evans has got to back Hurst and not just loanees, we need to sort that backline out. It's been over a year since Berra left and we've sold Smith and Webster since. We need to be bringing in our own players and thinking long term, and this will cost money, not the earth, but if Evans sits on his wallet for the rest of the summer relying on small fee,s freebies and loans we could be playing with serious fire indeed.

If we are selling Bart, Waghorn and Garner then there needs to be some decent replacements brought in for a long term plan and vision and not this make-do attitude which continues to be the continuing theme of the Evans led Ipswich.

We were guff basically. Especially a few of the hyped youngsters, the Braintree players looked yards ahead and it could have been 4-5 nil.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Braintree thoughts.. on 17:03 - Jul 14 with 5620 viewsBluefish

Impressive effort that. Not many would put that much into a pre season flounce

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Braintree thoughts.. on 17:05 - Jul 14 with 5582 viewsTheBlueBarca

Braintree thoughts.. on 17:03 - Jul 14 by Bluefish

I doubt you have ever been to a Town game given your posts mate. I suspect your a Nodge ST holder. Most of us do, gives everyone a laugh though. Top trolling, your sister/wife must be proud.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Braintree thoughts.. on 17:19 - Jul 14 with 5475 viewsBluefish

Braintree thoughts.. on 17:05 - Jul 14 by TheBlueBarca

I doubt you have ever been to a Town game given your posts mate. I suspect your a Nodge ST holder. Most of us do, gives everyone a laugh though. Top trolling, your sister/wife must be proud.

Getting even better. Keep it up

Braintree thoughts.. on 17:35 - Jul 14 with 5309 viewsGarv

If today was August 4th and it was Blackburn at home I would agree with you. But it's a local pre season fitness game.

Albeit, I didn't see it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Braintree thoughts.. on 17:44 - Jul 14 with 5230 viewsbluejacko

So someone who made an effort to actually go the game is blasted for telling us what he saw!
It’s going to be a long season!!
Braintree thoughts.. on 17:47 - Jul 14 with 5199 viewsRobTheMonk

Well written assessment. Don't know why it's getting so much flak to be honest. Life isn't all fuzzy rainbows and if we played sh1t, then I don't see why we can't say it was sh1t - regardless of it being a pre-season game. I've just seen an interview with Hurst and he basically said it wasn't good enough and that the tempo needs to be upped.
Braintree thoughts.. on 17:53 - Jul 14 with 5150 viewssoupytwist

We weren't very good. Roberts and Sears struggled to get in the game, Waghorn as 10 didn't seem to work either. Spence was caught out by the slightly dodgy pitch several times, it was rock hard and uneven. Kenlock looked OK, although he did have Chambers talking him through it most of the time. Skuse was Skuse, Downes looked to get the ball forward more and did some good things. Their 9 and 11 basically bullied Spence and Emmanuel for the first half.

All in all plenty of room for improvement
Braintree thoughts.. on 18:10 - Jul 14 with 5033 viewsjas0999

Good post. Spot on re the defence. We need two new CBs.
Login to get fewer ads

Braintree thoughts.. on 18:27 - Jul 14 with 4942 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Braintree thoughts.. on 18:32 - Jul 14 with 4915 viewsMrTown

2 weeks in charge, too many players absent, a lot of substitutes, horrible conditions.

Focus on the positives.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Braintree thoughts.. on 19:47 - Jul 14 with 4755 viewshaughleyblue74

True though, it was very poor
Braintree thoughts.. on 19:55 - Jul 14 with 4719 viewsblueconscience

Seems like Hurst agrees with TheBlueBarca

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Braintree thoughts.. on 20:22 - Jul 14 with 4640 viewsBluefish

Braintree thoughts.. on 19:55 - Jul 14 by blueconscience

Seems like Hurst agrees with TheBlueBarca

Have you been waiting for confirmation that Hurst also thinks we will need to improve on a 1st pre season match and a defeat to a non league side? I was expecting him to be delighted

Braintree thoughts.. on 20:35 - Jul 14 with 4577 viewsblueconscience

Braintree thoughts.. on 20:22 - Jul 14 by Bluefish

Have you been waiting for confirmation that Hurst also thinks we will need to improve on a 1st pre season match and a defeat to a non league side? I was expecting him to be delighted

Was going to post earlier, but you seemed in a very argumentative mood, so couldn’t be bothered to deal with you.

Was expecting you to moan about Hurst flouncing too

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Braintree thoughts.. on 20:40 - Jul 14 with 4536 viewsBluefish

Braintree thoughts.. on 20:35 - Jul 14 by blueconscience

Was going to post earlier, but you seemed in a very argumentative mood, so couldn’t be bothered to deal with you.

Was expecting you to moan about Hurst flouncing too

I never moan

Braintree thoughts.. on 20:53 - Jul 14 with 4483 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Thanks for your report. Glad to see it from someone who was at the game.

'We need to be bringing in our own players and thinking long term, and this will cost money, not the earth, but if Evans sits on his wallet for the rest of the summer relying on small fee,s freebies and loans we could be playing with serious fire indeed'.

That above is clear as a day but Evans has been defended by some for years. Moreover he is even more lauded by them because he gave an interview last May.

I'm sure Hurst has some targets particularly central defenders but his job his extremely difficult due to the Evans' policy. You mention defenders and take last August for example were CB's were injured and Evans did nothing. We just waited till the last day of the window and then Goldson move failed.

Mowbray preferred to stay with Venkys rather then work at Ipswich and that alone is quite telling.

Nothing is unfortunately going to change but hey he is OK for some because he gave an interview.
Braintree thoughts.. on 20:55 - Jul 14 with 4471 viewsChocorange

Agree with everything in the OP, just got back, very disappointing.

Thought Roberts looked out of his depth.

Emmanuel poor, no better than before he went out on loan.

Cotter looked good again.

Otherwise no surprises Skuse wss Skuse, kenlock was Kenlock, Spence was Spence, Sears well u know my thoughts on him.

Work to be done, lots of it
Braintree thoughts.. on 20:57 - Jul 14 with 4456 viewschristiand

Although not ideal, this result could be a catalyst for the force of good. It will certainly make PH think about certain players, the need for squad strengthening and if anything give a lot of them a kick up the ar*e too!! Better this type of thing happens now instead at the beginning of the league campaign.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 6:08]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Braintree thoughts.. on 21:29 - Jul 14 with 4361 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Braintree thoughts.. on 20:57 - Jul 14 by christiand

Although not ideal, this result could be a catalyst for the force of good. It will certainly make PH think about certain players, the need for squad strengthening and if anything give a lot of them a kick up the ar*e too!! Better this type of thing happens now instead at the beginning of the league campaign.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 6:08]

That's the hope indeed for that catalyst you mention. We have a new manager and he'll address it I'm sure though Evans' policy is a big hurdle.

6-1 defeat at Charlton last year was completely ignored. Nothing was addressed following that. Subsequently we had a freak August spell where we won four league games that was paper over cracks as the problems were never solved.
Braintree thoughts.. on 22:45 - Jul 14 with 4229 viewsTrequartista

Ok braintree are not charlton but wasnt a fully up to speed town battered by them last season and then won their first four games? As much as i approve of Hurst wanting higher standards this game meant nothing. Absolutely nothing..

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Braintree thoughts.. on 06:13 - Jul 15 with 3936 viewsBenters2

Sounds a bit like last years pre-season.
Braintree thoughts.. on 06:18 - Jul 15 with 3931 viewsBenters2

Braintree thoughts.. on 17:44 - Jul 14 by bluejacko

So someone who made an effort to actually go the game is blasted for telling us what he saw!
It’s going to be a long season!!

Dont worry you will get used to it.

Even when Mick Mac said 'it was the worst half of football he had ever seen' at a game last season,one of the 'Board Gods' on here blammed the drizzle ffs!
Braintree thoughts.. on 08:24 - Jul 15 with 3783 viewschicoazul

Thanks for this, glad I didnt go now but it's only a fitness game and trying to bed in Hurt's new ideas so inevitably its going to take time, and you can always expect players from such a low level to raise their game in these types of matches. Wonder why Adeyemi Huws and Bish didnt play? They have been fully involved in training so far I believe..?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Braintree thoughts.. on 10:21 - Jul 15 with 3540 viewsFrimleyBlue

Its interesting to note however the players were wearing monitors etc. And Hurst saying they havent done much work on shape etc.

It appears this game was nothing more than a fitness exercise. Certains aspects of the game he wanted more as per his post match comments but for example is waggers was played in a different role and one not worked on, it will take a few games to get comfortable.

Friendlies are great for clubs but supporters only really look for league level performances in them.

At Frimley. Weve lost our first 2. Easily. But have played 2 different 11s in both. Yesturday we took an 11 against a side or swapped the whole team on 60 minutes.. the score... 1-1 60 mins. End result 1-5 . Our managers delighted with effort.. not the first 60 mins but the final 30.. 11 tired legs against a fresh 11.

But lots of people in our area comment on the result and snipey remarks of another loss... as they dont know how the game was played.

Looking at the town lineup there were new personel. Different roles. And as i say i think it was more of a case of who could do simple things well and how are our fitness levels.

When we get to westham game and play our strongest 11.. thats the game to see how we play. Even against tougher opponents.

However... if the below is the theme of our style.... i am worried that myself and a few others who classes hurst as a mick 2.. could be right

But hopefully its just a trial of style

[Post edited 15 Jul 2018 10:28]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024