Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm still positive 15:46 - Jul 16 with 3796 viewsBluefish

I don't care what anyone says about our squad and our club. I see a bright future and i dont want a load of signings and changes. Build a platform and do it gradually but let's get a team that utilises and slowly builds around Dozzell and Nydam.

Bart is the best keeper in the league and waggy was the most effective player last season. I think I would like Tilt to come in and Gwion looks great. Bring on the season, we might take some time to develop but let's be patient and support #ANewEra

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I'm still positive on 15:54 - Jul 16 with 2897 viewsNazemariner

That's the spirit.

There's not much point being a football fan if your not going to be optimistic.

That said we are not in good shape when it comes to defenders. The signing of a couple of big hulking centre backs, along with a target man, and i'd be feeling a lot more confident of our chances this season.
I'm still positive on 15:58 - Jul 16 with 2877 viewsDanFord

I think Hurst might end going with a very youthful side on the basis that the likes of Downes, Nydam and Dozzell are better suited to what he is trying to do. I would be happy with Top 16 this year on the basis of building something long term, but am dreaming of the Top 6. I think we have a decent squad, but the big issue is how decent it is in Hurst's preferred system. We have a decent squad for Mick's outlook. This next 6 months is huge and if we could somehow be in the top half by Christmas we'd be doing well because I think we'll grow over the season. I'm fearing a slowish start. Just hope we don't get dragged into the mire early on. I think we'll be fine.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

I'm still positive on 16:00 - Jul 16 with 2869 viewschristiand

Got to say Truce, I actually agree with your sentiment. With this approach, we'd have to settle for a few seasons of struggle perhaps even hovering near the bottom three while the younger lads adjust to the physicality, demands of the league and playing Tuesday, Saturday and Tuesday. Nevertheless building the foundations for the club to move forwards, it makes sense but we'd all have to be patient to see the fruits of success. The main issue for me, will be the bigger clubs coming in and then snuffling up our young talent for a tidy fee once they begin to make a name for themselves.

I like the look of Tilt. A big lad, decent in the air and with the ball at his feet and is quick too, essential when covering. That type of central defender we have missed for a good few seasons now. Just hope we can get the deal done.

You appear like you've finally weaned yourself off MM and moved on, good for you Truce!
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 16:41]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

I'm still positive on 16:02 - Jul 16 with 2861 viewsBluefish

I'm still positive on 16:00 - Jul 16 by christiand

Got to say Truce, I actually agree with your sentiment. With this approach, we'd have to settle for a few seasons of struggle perhaps even hovering near the bottom three while the younger lads adjust to the physicality, demands of the league and playing Tuesday, Saturday and Tuesday. Nevertheless building the foundations for the club to move forwards, it makes sense but we'd all have to be patient to see the fruits of success. The main issue for me, will be the bigger clubs coming in and then snuffling up our young talent for a tidy fee once they begin to make a name for themselves.

I like the look of Tilt. A big lad, decent in the air and with the ball at his feet and is quick too, essential when covering. That type of central defender we have missed for a good few seasons now. Just hope we can get the deal done.

You appear like you've finally weaned yourself off MM and moved on, good for you Truce!
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 16:41]

Mick can just be remembered alongside sir Alf, sir Bob and king George now

I'm still positive on 16:04 - Jul 16 with 2846 viewschristiand

I'm still positive on 16:02 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

Mick can just be remembered alongside sir Alf, sir Bob and king George now

Oh, spoke too soon!!!
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 16:38]

I'm still positive on 16:08 - Jul 16 with 2840 viewsitfcjoe

I'm generally positive and looking forward to the season to start - probably why I will go to Crawley game tomorrow.......but the squad is currently short and we desperately need probably another 5 first teamers in.

Hopefully Edwards will sign today, and then a couple of others will follow this week and we kick on.

Realisitcally the only academy players who look capable of stepping up to become regulars this season are CMs. There is a chance Morris may be able to do something in a wider role, or Folami up top - but they will just be bonuses.

Evans needs to give Hurst a fighting chance, for all Mick's faults he was a wily old fox that could pick up results when required and set a team up to do so at this level. Hurst has never managed here, and it is a step up.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I'm still positive on 16:10 - Jul 16 with 2825 viewstextbackup

I’ve not actually any negativity if I’m totally honest, mostly people are completely understanding of the fact we don’t have a massively decent team and PH has his work cut out

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I'm still positive on 16:31 - Jul 16 with 2775 viewsBluefish

I'm still positive on 16:10 - Jul 16 by textbackup

I’ve not actually any negativity if I’m totally honest, mostly people are completely understanding of the fact we don’t have a massively decent team and PH has his work cut out

No negativity but you think we have a crap team and our work cut out?

I think we have a good squad with great potential

Login to get fewer ads

I'm still positive on 16:32 - Jul 16 with 2773 viewsMullet

"Signing" Bart is great news, assuming it's not just protecting the asset. But while Mick has left some great players, some with potential and some who can add bodies to a champ squad we're a little unbalanced because of the loans going back/released players.

There's time to do things, but it is ticking on and we like most clubs will start the season having just had a domino effect on our recruitment.

How many we need depends on how Hurst adapts with/without those who missed a lot of last season with injury or players like Ward and Sears who have been inconsistent but shown they can perform to good and sometimes excellent levels.

Far too many factors at play but to acknowledge there's a million unknowns and possibilities. I'd feel a lot easier if we got Edwards and a couple others in this week.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I'm still positive on 16:34 - Jul 16 with 2762 viewstextbackup

I'm still positive on 16:31 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

No negativity but you think we have a crap team and our work cut out?

I think we have a good squad with great potential

Think I said ‘not massively decent’ not crap

And PH has literally just said many players hide from the ball, so yeah he does have work cut out

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I'm still positive on 16:35 - Jul 16 with 2757 viewsBluefish

I'm still positive on 16:32 - Jul 16 by Mullet

"Signing" Bart is great news, assuming it's not just protecting the asset. But while Mick has left some great players, some with potential and some who can add bodies to a champ squad we're a little unbalanced because of the loans going back/released players.

There's time to do things, but it is ticking on and we like most clubs will start the season having just had a domino effect on our recruitment.

How many we need depends on how Hurst adapts with/without those who missed a lot of last season with injury or players like Ward and Sears who have been inconsistent but shown they can perform to good and sometimes excellent levels.

Far too many factors at play but to acknowledge there's a million unknowns and possibilities. I'd feel a lot easier if we got Edwards and a couple others in this week.

Bart wouldn't sign if he wasn't staying. Player is worse off with a long contract if they want to go

I'm still positive on 16:39 - Jul 16 with 2724 viewsMullet

I'm still positive on 16:35 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

Bart wouldn't sign if he wasn't staying. Player is worse off with a long contract if they want to go

I dunno if that applies if there's a release clause and a wage well below what Prem teams will pay does it? You'd think 6 months on £20k and top ups is a good inbetween regardless.

It'd be lovely to think he'll retire here and be a legend though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I'm still positive on 16:43 - Jul 16 with 2688 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm just enjoying something different and we need to let Hurst build his team any way he sees fit.

My one criticism of Hurst is talking about other teams' players. I really don't like it. I remember making a thread on Redknapp when he started talking about Flint at Bristol City then said he didn't know if they would be willing to sell etc. Hurst has done the same about Tilt. I'd like to see him cut that out.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I'm still positive on 16:44 - Jul 16 with 2679 viewsDarth_Koont

Well said.

It's also important to point out we even just about scraped into the top half last season. Probably better to see that as comfortable/cemented in midtable but that was a side hamstrung by unavailable players and yet we had enough about us still to get there.

Hurst has a great foundation to build from. What he needs now, even more than a couple of his own key signings and filling a gap or two, is patience.

Pronouns: He/Him

I'm still positive on 16:46 - Jul 16 with 2659 viewschristiand

I'm still positive on 16:39 - Jul 16 by Mullet

I dunno if that applies if there's a release clause and a wage well below what Prem teams will pay does it? You'd think 6 months on £20k and top ups is a good inbetween regardless.

It'd be lovely to think he'll retire here and be a legend though.

It also forces clubs to offer a proper fee if they are serious in recruiting Bart, especially after Brum's effort recently in trying to get him for peanuts. Knowing he only had a year left on his current deal and hesitating on signing a new contract they very much had the upper-hand. Thinking we'd accept something, instead of letting him go for nothing.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2018 17:02]

I'm still positive on 16:47 - Jul 16 with 2646 viewsBluefish

I'm still positive on 16:43 - Jul 16 by J2BLUE

I'm just enjoying something different and we need to let Hurst build his team any way he sees fit.

My one criticism of Hurst is talking about other teams' players. I really don't like it. I remember making a thread on Redknapp when he started talking about Flint at Bristol City then said he didn't know if they would be willing to sell etc. Hurst has done the same about Tilt. I'd like to see him cut that out.

I took that tilt was definitely leaving when Hurst talked about him. I think we have had advanced talks and he could be close to joining us.......or someone else

I'm still positive on 16:49 - Jul 16 with 2625 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I'm still positive on 16:35 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

Apart from it seemingly trebling or even quadrupling his income, of course

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I'm still positive on 16:51 - Jul 16 with 2618 viewsdirtyboy

I think the Braintree result was a bit of a kick in the teeth to all the optimism about the place, but Chabablaoabaloah(sp?) being off can't have helped.

Then you've got Dozzell not firing on all cylinders just yet and a few more coming back and it's clear we're not quite sorted yet.

I think we'll see a couple of new faces in, certainly like the sound of Gwion but who knows, Jordan could turn out to be decent too as he got him in pretty quick.

As long as we're not adrift come January and we're seeing some signs of a team being built, then Hurst will have my support.

I've no doubt he'll make changes in January if required!
I'm still positive on 16:52 - Jul 16 with 2598 viewsBluefish

I'm still positive on 16:49 - Jul 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Apart from it seemingly trebling or even quadrupling his income, of course

Why would that matter if he was leaving? He would earn much bigger wage elsewhere if no (or small) transfer fee involved

I'm still positive on 16:58 - Jul 16 with 2553 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I'm still positive on 16:52 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

Why would that matter if he was leaving? He would earn much bigger wage elsewhere if no (or small) transfer fee involved

Because he would have to actually be sold by the club. If we don’t sell him then he’d still be sat here for a year earning much less money than had he signed the contract

Much better to sign on the understanding he could still be sold if an appropriate offer comes in - which also benefits us as a club as that figure can now be a bit higher than when we were at risk of losing him on a free in a years time

I'm still positive on 17:02 - Jul 16 with 2529 viewsBluefish

I'm still positive on 16:58 - Jul 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Because he would have to actually be sold by the club. If we don’t sell him then he’d still be sat here for a year earning much less money than had he signed the contract

Much better to sign on the understanding he could still be sold if an appropriate offer comes in - which also benefits us as a club as that figure can now be a bit higher than when we were at risk of losing him on a free in a years time

For the club it is miles better. For the player it is worse if he wanted to leave. He has given the power back to the club unless there is a small release clause

I'm still positive on 17:07 - Jul 16 with 2488 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I'm still positive on 17:02 - Jul 16 by Bluefish

For the club it is miles better. For the player it is worse if he wanted to leave. He has given the power back to the club unless there is a small release clause

Think we’re talking cross purposes here - clearly he wouldn’t sign it if he was absolutely desperate to leave but by the same token agreeing it doesn’t mean he wouldn’t go in the event an offer was accepted

For him the benefit is he is now being paid far more money - and we’re not talking man inconsiderable amount there. For us we no longer have the dilemma of selling him for a comparatively low fee or losing him in a year. A sale could still happen - we’ve hardly been shy of accepting reasonable bids for our players in the last few years

I would suggest Bart has played his contract hand brilliantly, given the amount he is being paid for what is typically considered a less important position on the pitch

I'm still positive on 17:13 - Jul 16 with 2446 viewsIllinoisblue

if you're a football fan and NOT excited about a new season, then that's a problem.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I'm still positive on 17:20 - Jul 16 with 2416 viewshadleighboyblue

I'm still positive on 16:51 - Jul 16 by dirtyboy

I think the Braintree result was a bit of a kick in the teeth to all the optimism about the place, but Chabablaoabaloah(sp?) being off can't have helped.

Then you've got Dozzell not firing on all cylinders just yet and a few more coming back and it's clear we're not quite sorted yet.

I think we'll see a couple of new faces in, certainly like the sound of Gwion but who knows, Jordan could turn out to be decent too as he got him in pretty quick.

As long as we're not adrift come January and we're seeing some signs of a team being built, then Hurst will have my support.

I've no doubt he'll make changes in January if required!

It just feels like a new era for Town . Hurst comes across really well , but it will take time to change things .

The whole club feels a more positive place and as long as fans don't expect miracles , we definitely seem to moving forward .

The news on Bart is a real boost and hopefully a defender will be next in the door
I'm still positive on 17:23 - Jul 16 with 2399 viewsBluefish

I'm still positive on 17:13 - Jul 16 by Illinoisblue

if you're a football fan and NOT excited about a new season, then that's a problem.

We have some fooking weird fans

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024