Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse 08:52 - Jul 17 with 11452 viewsBiGDonnie

When he says some are nowhere near good enough. He's stole a living with us for far too long.

Either way, exciting to read what Hurst says. I don't think it'll happen over night but we'll definitely improve form the Dino era.

COYB

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 11:20 - Jul 17 with 2635 viewslukey130490

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 11:17 - Jul 17 by BiGDonnie

If we're aiming for mid table mediocrity I make you right.

I've got a feeling however that Hurst IS referring to Skuse and can see what half of the Town fans see.

Your feeling could well be very wrong then. Skuse is the kind of player every team needs, does the simple things that are often overlooked, and it has been the case that Skuse's best games have been when he hasnt played, because people realise how much we need a player like him in the team.
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 11:28 - Jul 17 with 2618 viewstextbackup

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 10:11 - Jul 17 by Skuse4ballondor

Skuse is such an essential part to our team. We have no one else in the side who can play the holding midfield role like him.

Downes is definitely not at that level yet and if you threw him in to that role in the first team, chances are we would probably get torn apart on several occasions.

The holding midfielder is key to how well a team defends as he protects the defence (especially important when you have a back four which it looks like we will). Skuse is superb at this and is backed up by the huge number of interceptions he made suggesting that he is one of the best in the division at his role.

He reads the game superbly and can pull off an excellent pass. We are lucky to have him and he doesn't get enough credit for the vital role he performs.

You mean he was important to how we played previously, that’s not to say he’ll be important going forward

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 11:32 - Jul 17 with 2598 viewschicoazul

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 08:59 - Jul 17 by artsbossbeard

Do you still go to games?

He goes to Spurs doesnt he?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 11:37 - Jul 17 with 2585 viewsartsbossbeard

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 11:28 - Jul 17 by textbackup

You mean he was important to how we played previously, that’s not to say he’ll be important going forward

I make you right.

I just don't see anyone else in the squad wanting to stick a foot in, win the ball back and let the more creative players work their magic.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 11:55 - Jul 17 with 2555 viewsOjc

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 11:28 - Jul 17 by textbackup

Basically what I was going to say. Let’s be honest when Skuse is ok he’s ok, when he’s bad which is more often than ok then we are in trouble.

For me he’s far too limited as a player, I’m not expecting him to be Kante but to me he always looks like he’s coasting for far too many seasons now.
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 11:56 - Jul 17 with 2552 viewsHennikerBlu

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 11:20 - Jul 17 by lukey130490

Your feeling could well be very wrong then. Skuse is the kind of player every team needs, does the simple things that are often overlooked, and it has been the case that Skuse's best games have been when he hasnt played, because people realise how much we need a player like him in the team.

You sum it up for me. The only thing I would add is he is so rarely injured and you need a core of your team available for a degree of consistency and someone to do the ugly stuff. Its hard to say what he would add with more attacking midfielders around him instead of the long injury list we have had in that department. If he had have been dropped we would have ended up with a bunch of strangers in the midfield depending who might be available and that would have be a nightmare.

Most of the ex-pros that commentate speak highly off him too.
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 12:05 - Jul 17 with 2538 viewsagentp

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 10:22 - Jul 17 by judespiveyg

Skuse is very good at what he does, he's not as good as you've described however. Which other Championship clubs would take him? Not many I'd wager.

Like I said he's very good at what he does but is frustratingly limited as a midfielder. Certainly not a player with an 'excellent pass' unless 5 yards to the side is excellent (although in fairness the only midfielder we have with an 'excellent pass' is Dozzell) He's slow and his goals and assists stats speak for themselves.

Others may disagree, but I think Downes is more than ready to take the midfield slot from Skuse.

Skuse probably attracts as much interest from outside clubs than ALMOST any other member of the team.

I think he will be gone, but he is (personal opinions apart) very highly regarded by fellow pro's.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 13:45 - Jul 17 with 2467 viewsitfcjoe

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 11:37 - Jul 17 by artsbossbeard

I make you right.

I just don't see anyone else in the squad wanting to stick a foot in, win the ball back and let the more creative players work their magic.

I think he could play in a role ahead of Chalobah this season. As thing Chalobah's athleticism could be handy if 4141.

But to claim he's stealing a living is pathetic - I've not always been Skuse's biggest fan as think he plays (under instruction?) within himself too often; but he frustrates because he looks as though he has more to his game.

Hopefully Hurst can get more out of him, but I'd be surprised if either Skuse or Chambers is who Hurst is talking about

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 14:30 - Jul 17 with 2439 viewsOsborneOneNil

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 11:55 - Jul 17 by Ojc

Basically what I was going to say. Let’s be honest when Skuse is ok he’s ok, when he’s bad which is more often than ok then we are in trouble.

For me he’s far too limited as a player, I’m not expecting him to be Kante but to me he always looks like he’s coasting for far too many seasons now.

Spot on. Does ok, sometimes. But for a player in that role, he does not show the energy, drive or determination to excel. His biggest issue is he hides too, very rarely does he show for the ball. This is a key requirement playing this role. Needs to often be on the half turn when receiving the ball too, which he doesn't.

Seems a lovely bloke though.
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 14:35 - Jul 17 with 2421 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:03 - Jul 17 by artsbossbeard

You know exactly what I mean.

He’s the spurs fan rememebee

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 14:36 - Jul 17 with 2415 viewsbraveblue

Our midfield has been outplayed for years. And yet you get stick for having the cheek to say the guy at the centre of it may be the issue. Our best performances have been when he was out. But he was a favourite and was straight back in. Maybe Hurst will point out the obvious to some.
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 14:38 - Jul 17 with 2407 viewsOsborneOneNil

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 14:36 - Jul 17 by braveblue

Our midfield has been outplayed for years. And yet you get stick for having the cheek to say the guy at the centre of it may be the issue. Our best performances have been when he was out. But he was a favourite and was straight back in. Maybe Hurst will point out the obvious to some.

Well said.
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 14:38 - Jul 17 with 2398 viewsBenters2

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 14:35 - Jul 17 by The_Romford_Blue

"Our best performances have been when he was out" on 14:41 - Jul 17 with 2392 viewsDyland

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 14:36 - Jul 17 by braveblue

Can you back this up with examples?

You don't have to be in love with Skuse or think he's the best thing since sliced bread to give him some credit, and see the bigger picture and other failings (for all sorts of reasons) in our midfield. If you don't see this or understand what Skuse offers then you simply don't know how to properly analyse a game of football.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 14:42 - Jul 17 with 2387 viewsPJH

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 14:38 - Jul 17 by OsborneOneNil

Well said.

Yes, well said-totally wrong but well said.
on 14:43 - Jul 17 with 2383 views_

"Our best performances have been when he was out" on 14:46 - Jul 17 with 2369 viewsartsbossbeard

"Our best performances have been when he was out" on 14:41 - Jul 17 by Dyland

Can you back this up with examples?

You don't have to be in love with Skuse or think he's the best thing since sliced bread to give him some credit, and see the bigger picture and other failings (for all sorts of reasons) in our midfield. If you don't see this or understand what Skuse offers then you simply don't know how to properly analyse a game of football.

* grabs popcorn*

*expects police emoji*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

badabing (n/t) on 14:53 - Jul 17 with 2359 viewsDyland

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:26 - Jul 17 by textbackup

Skuse does a job but has limitations, that’s not criticism, that’s a fact. Skuse with hues Doz etc around him would be absolutely fine.
Skuse next to Douglas or Hyam then we’re all in trouble

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 15:18 - Jul 17 with 2332 viewsTheBlueBarca

From Saturday he could be talking about more than half the squad as we were schooled by a non-league side. People cry that it's just a fitness game but we're almost at the start of the season and none of them looked up to it.

Hurst is right to make the point - get them out the door pronto and Evans needs to back his man, or do the same. Enough is enough.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 15:25 - Jul 17 with 2317 viewsmrshallisfit

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 08:58 - Jul 17 by BiGDonnie

Leave the thread then treacle!

Steak and chips alert!
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 15:26 - Jul 17 with 2315 viewsMrTown

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:23 - Jul 17 by Herbivore

Being a lot bigger does not go hand in hand with improving stamina. There's a reason why sprinters are built like bodybuilders and distance runners look like 11 year olds. I hope Downes comes good but only someone who doesn't really follow Town all that closely would conclude that he is ready to step in and replace Skuse as the lynchpin of our midfield. I wouldn't be surprised to see him out on another loan to see if he can play consistently for more than 3 or 4 games at a time, certainly I see him as being behind Nydam and Dozzell in the midfield pecking order.

I must say I follow Town home and away, pre season and all. I’m not saying Downes is the lynchpin for this season ahead, but I don’t think he is as far off as people think. When I watched him at Braintree he has physically developed so much since last season and people will see that when they see him live.

I’m not saying he will be ahead of Skuse week in week out but he looks physically ready now I have to say. Just don’t think he can play 90 minutes week in week out.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 15:45 - Jul 17 with 2294 viewsBiGDonnie

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 14:35 - Jul 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Quality bantz rommo, keep up the good work.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 18:55 - Jul 17 with 2239 viewsHerbivore

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 15:18 - Jul 17 by TheBlueBarca

From Saturday he could be talking about more than half the squad as we were schooled by a non-league side. People cry that it's just a fitness game but we're almost at the start of the season and none of them looked up to it.

Hurst is right to make the point - get them out the door pronto and Evans needs to back his man, or do the same. Enough is enough.

My flounceometer just broke. Enough is enough? Roflcopter.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024