Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huws 07:37 - Jul 18 with 3996 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Hurst mentioned Garner and Adeyemi in his comments, but what about Huws? How far off involvement is he?

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Huws on 07:44 - Jul 18 with 3945 viewscobbler

I can’t help think we were mugged getting Tom Adeyemi and Huws I know you can’t help injuries but last season they hardly played just sitting back on there contracts I have a bad feeling about them two in this coming season will they play?
Huws on 07:46 - Jul 18 with 3928 viewsWestcountryblue

I think the plan is for Huws and Bishop to be involved in the West Ham game. Both of them have been involved in training, but have been sitting out of the more rigorous stuff and working on their rehab. Don’t think the new step up are particularly impressed with how returning players were managed last season, so they are being very cautious.

Getting Huws back will be massive.
Huws on 07:47 - Jul 18 with 3923 viewsWestcountryblue

Huws on 07:44 - Jul 18 by cobbler

I can’t help think we were mugged getting Tom Adeyemi and Huws I know you can’t help injuries but last season they hardly played just sitting back on there contracts I have a bad feeling about them two in this coming season will they play?

The fact that Adeyemi is missing game time at the moment having been involved in the Kilmarnock game isn’t great.
Huws on 07:58 - Jul 18 with 3842 viewsTIB

I seem to remember a lot of talk when Huws signed of him having long term, serious underlying fitness issues...and so far that seems correct.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Huws on 07:59 - Jul 18 with 3832 viewsIpswichKnight

Huws on 07:47 - Jul 18 by Westcountryblue

The fact that Adeyemi is missing game time at the moment having been involved in the Kilmarnock game isn’t great.

Hurst confirmed he got a knock on his Achilles tendon in the Kilmarnock game.
Huws on 08:07 - Jul 18 with 3772 viewsWestcountryblue

Huws on 07:58 - Jul 18 by TIB

I seem to remember a lot of talk when Huws signed of him having long term, serious underlying fitness issues...and so far that seems correct.

He’s still young and players who start their careers relatively young tend to experience more injury problems than those who breakthrough at 21/22. Don’t underestimate the demands of first team football on a body that is still developing. Hopefully the likes of Huws and Bishop can get through this period and experience some stability. The new set up seems a lot more serious about rehab, sports science, data analysis of players workloads etc...
Huws on 08:36 - Jul 18 with 3630 viewsTIB

Huws on 08:07 - Jul 18 by Westcountryblue

He’s still young and players who start their careers relatively young tend to experience more injury problems than those who breakthrough at 21/22. Don’t underestimate the demands of first team football on a body that is still developing. Hopefully the likes of Huws and Bishop can get through this period and experience some stability. The new set up seems a lot more serious about rehab, sports science, data analysis of players workloads etc...

Fingers crossed as both Huws and Bishop on their day show great natural ability...I do think that the central midfield area needs an addition though, someone forward thinking who is fit and can be relied on to play 30+ games a season.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Huws on 08:41 - Jul 18 with 3590 viewsBluebell

Huws on 07:46 - Jul 18 by Westcountryblue

I think the plan is for Huws and Bishop to be involved in the West Ham game. Both of them have been involved in training, but have been sitting out of the more rigorous stuff and working on their rehab. Don’t think the new step up are particularly impressed with how returning players were managed last season, so they are being very cautious.

"I think the plan is for Huws and Bishop to be involved in the West Ham game."

Really? I would have thought it would be better to introduce them to a lesser side. Starting them against a Prem team would be suicide surely?
Login to get fewer ads

Huws on 08:43 - Jul 18 with 3571 viewshype313

Huws on 08:07 - Jul 18 by Westcountryblue

Indeed, people forget the issues Steven Gerrard had early in his carrier, he was plagued with injuries in his late teens early twenties, but it shows its just people's bodies adapting to the rigours of professional football at a young age.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Huws on 08:45 - Jul 18 with 3562 viewsPhilTWTD

Huws on 07:59 - Jul 18 by IpswichKnight

Hurst confirmed he got a knock on his Achilles tendon in the Kilmarnock game.

Not really a knock, just sore I think. Half the people I play football with were complaining of the same due to the hard ground the other day as well.
Huws on 08:47 - Jul 18 with 3546 viewshype313

Huws on 08:45 - Jul 18 by PhilTWTD

Not really a knock, just sore I think. Half the people I play football with were complaining of the same due to the hard ground the other day as well.

No, that's just old men complaining about running in this heat.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Huws on 09:05 - Jul 18 with 3435 viewsPhilTWTD

Huws on 08:47 - Jul 18 by hype313

No, that's just old men complaining about running in this heat.

I'll admit one of them was me, but the rest of them were young men!
Huws on 09:08 - Jul 18 with 3420 viewsPhilTWTD

Think that's harsh, I don't think either of them were content just to sit back on their contracts. Both seemed extremely frustrated that they couldn't play a part whenever we spoke to them last season.

Huws has had more than a few injury problems in his short career, that's true but I don't think Adeyemi has spent much time out prior to last season.
Huws on 09:15 - Jul 18 with 3364 viewsfactual_blue

Huws on 08:41 - Jul 18 by Bluebell

"I think the plan is for Huws and Bishop to be involved in the West Ham game."

Really? I would have thought it would be better to introduce them to a lesser side. Starting them against a Prem team would be suicide surely?

It's only a friendly. Nobody gets hurt.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Huws on 09:21 - Jul 18 with 3324 viewsSwansea_Blue

Huws on 09:05 - Jul 18 by PhilTWTD

I'll admit one of them was me, but the rest of them were young men!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Huws on 09:28 - Jul 18 with 3293 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Huws on 07:46 - Jul 18 by Westcountryblue

Not sure on Huws but that isn't the current plan for Bish. He's only expected to get into full training in the week leading up to that game at the very earliest, possibly even the week after it.

Not sure if Huws is ahead of him or not but rushing either of them into that game could be a big mistake, unless it's only 10 or 15 minutes at the end.
Huws on 09:29 - Jul 18 with 3286 viewsNazemariner

I think you have to consider the fact that the pitches are like concrete given the current climate. We are not likely to see our more delicate players until we start playing on softer pitches.
Huws on 09:32 - Jul 18 with 3263 viewsPhilTWTD

Huws on 09:21 - Jul 18 by Swansea_Blue

Indeed, there was no need to feel down, just something to be managed given current conditions.
Huws on 10:34 - Jul 18 with 3116 viewsWickets

Huws on 09:08 - Jul 18 by PhilTWTD

Think that's harsh, I don't think either of them were content just to sit back on their contracts. Both seemed extremely frustrated that they couldn't play a part whenever we spoke to them last season.

Huws has had more than a few injury problems in his short career, that's true but I don't think Adeyemi has spent much time out prior to last season.

I'm sure that is true Phil but it is also a worry regarding our midfield for the coming season, i tend to remember our owner was very upbeat in his statement regarding the return of our missing midfielders in his statement but apart from Dozzell ,who seems to have done remarkably well, I worry that we will not see too much of the others while carrying their wages on our limited budget. Sad but that's seems to be it in a nutshell.
Huws on 10:41 - Jul 18 with 3060 viewsHerbivore

Huws on 10:34 - Jul 18 by Wickets

I'm sure that is true Phil but it is also a worry regarding our midfield for the coming season, i tend to remember our owner was very upbeat in his statement regarding the return of our missing midfielders in his statement but apart from Dozzell ,who seems to have done remarkably well, I worry that we will not see too much of the others while carrying their wages on our limited budget. Sad but that's seems to be it in a nutshell.

Or we're managing their rehab to ensure that we get the best out of them this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Huws on 10:45 - Jul 18 with 3029 viewsWickets

Huws on 10:41 - Jul 18 by Herbivore

Or we're managing their rehab to ensure that we get the best out of them this season.

Be great if your right Bud but!
Huws on 10:55 - Jul 18 with 2993 viewsPhilTWTD

Think that is what's happening. Bish is a couple of weeks away from full training, then probably a little after that. Huws, I would guess, is a bit ahead of him.

Bit about what's being done with them here:

Skitt: Progressive and Steady Building for Huws and Bishop 6th Jul 2018 16:54
New physio Chris Skitt says midfielders Emyr Huws and Teddy Bishop won’t be rushed back to action as they continue their comebacks from the injuries which ended their 2017/18 campaigns. 12

Huws on 11:05 - Jul 18 with 2943 viewsitfcjoe

That is clearly the case, but amazed that they still seem to be a fair way off as the start of pre season must have been the target

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Huws on 12:21 - Jul 18 with 2695 viewsunstableblue

Huws on 09:08 - Jul 18 by PhilTWTD

Don't quite agree Phil.... and see my other post on a need not to facot Adeyemi, Huws and Bishop into our plans this season, and a need for another central/creative mid to challenge skuse, downes, nydam and dozzell.

Adeyemi had had significant injury before joining, Huws injury prone.

So they were gamble signings.

ADMIT YOUR INACCURACIES

Do you think Chalobah will end up in midfield? if we sign the Blackpool centre half?

PS - thanks for updating the Crawley match report with the midfield set-up, these things make me happy.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024