Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waghorn fee 09:22 - Jul 19 with 4233 viewsBluefish

What is he worth?

What do you think we will get?

What would you sell for?

1 million - This one is the least valid and could be any number. The other 2 are more important

4 million

7 million
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 9:23]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Waghorn fee on 09:23 - Jul 19 with 2978 viewsKieran_Knows

Whilst I'd be gutted to see him go, I reckon the club would accept anything over £7m. I think we could hold out for more, given some of the fee's that have been paid for strikers before in this division, but for someone we brought for £250k, £7m is still big money in return.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Waghorn fee on 09:24 - Jul 19 with 2960 viewsportmanking

Surely we're in the realms of 7m+ (David McGoldrick circa 2014).
Waghorn fee on 09:25 - Jul 19 with 2956 viewsJakeITFC

Selling for less than £7m would be poor business.

I’m split really - cashing in now after a bit of a freak season seems sensible but we don’t reinvest fees, it will be really difficult to find a replacement at short notice and I think his all round game is valuable to the team even if he isn’t likely to produce similar numbers again.
Waghorn fee on 09:26 - Jul 19 with 2945 viewschristiand

In today's market, nothing less than £10m. His goals and assists will be a huge positive for any club that want to sign him. Hope we don't do our usual and under-price our assets. Boro' need to pay his market value if they really want him!!
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 9:28]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Waghorn fee on 09:28 - Jul 19 with 2922 viewsSquatterMadras

What is he worth? Whatever anyone is willing to pay.

What do you think we will get? No idea.

What would you sell for? £10m+

Poll: What has Evans lent ITFC in total over the 3 financial years 2015-2017?

Waghorn fee on 09:30 - Jul 19 with 2908 viewsCuffy81

Reading between the lines i'd be more surprised if stayed after what Hurst just said

7m + 2m top ups based on promotion etc would be hard to turn down.

Sounds like Hurst is already identifying replacements, we don't want a repeat of the Murphy situation
Waghorn fee on 09:31 - Jul 19 with 2878 viewsLeoMuff

Waghorn fee on 09:30 - Jul 19 by Cuffy81

Reading between the lines i'd be more surprised if stayed after what Hurst just said

Sounds like Hurst is already identifying replacements, we don't want a repeat of the Murphy situation

If Kodija is £11m rising to £15 after one good champ season then slightly below that. So £8m rising to £12 ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Waghorn fee on 09:31 - Jul 19 with 2880 viewsKieran_Knows

Waghorn fee on 09:30 - Jul 19 by Cuffy81

All well and good identifying replacements, it's up to Evans to secure them though.

Login to get fewer ads

Waghorn fee on 09:32 - Jul 19 with 2877 viewsITFC_Forever

He's invaluable to us.... we would be mad to sell for anything less than a ridiculous figure (£10m plus).

He would be very difficult for us to replace him with someone of similar quality for the budget we have.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Waghorn fee on 09:33 - Jul 19 with 2864 viewsCurrie10

I really don't understand if you are trying to get bites / have too much time on your hands / sense of humour or a mix of all 3.

Of the three options given...

£ 1 mill - clearly rejected £ 4 mill I think we could get more £ 7 mill MAYBE

I'd say between £6.5 - £11 mill - regarding the latter, probably a good chunk of these on top ups.

Remember, transfer fees have been massively pushed up due to the laughable tv deal in the premier league / ££££ filtering down the laughably rich chairman + ' parachute ' £££.

If he's going, good luck to the lad. Would he do the same level next season for us!? Massively doubt it. Take the ££££ / run / reinvest in 4 players or so ala Dyer 99.
Waghorn fee on 09:35 - Jul 19 with 2851 viewstextbackup

I think to us he’s worth £8/9m

I think we’ll get £5m plus add ons

I would sell for £8m

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Waghorn fee on 09:36 - Jul 19 with 2840 viewsStadiumofdark

Strange one isn't it. Doesn't matter what we get for him really... it's who we replace him with.

Exciting times though.... Waggy for £7m, Knudsen to Stoke for £3m, Garner up North for £500k....Webster already gone.

Two new pressure washers and some scaffold with the money.... happy days
Waghorn fee on 09:36 - Jul 19 with 2843 viewsSomethingBlue

Waghorn has proved me massively wrong, I am more than happy to keep on saying it, but anything north of that £7m figure would strike me as a fantastic deal. The big issue though is that we are very close to the season now and need at least one new senior striker already.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Waghorn fee on 09:37 - Jul 19 with 2826 viewsPhilTWTD

Waghorn fee on 09:36 - Jul 19 by SomethingBlue

Waghorn has proved me massively wrong, I am more than happy to keep on saying it, but anything north of that £7m figure would strike me as a fantastic deal. The big issue though is that we are very close to the season now and need at least one new senior striker already.

I gather that £7m is indeed what they're targeting.
Waghorn fee on 09:39 - Jul 19 with 2794 viewsKieran_Knows

Waghorn fee on 09:37 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

£1.5m of that to go on Mo Eisa from Cheltenham? Championship club now in for him with his future set to be resolved in next 48 hours......

Waghorn fee on 09:39 - Jul 19 with 2787 viewsBluefish

Waghorn fee on 09:32 - Jul 19 by ITFC_Forever

He's invaluable to us.... we would be mad to sell for anything less than a ridiculous figure (£10m plus).

He would be very difficult for us to replace him with someone of similar quality for the budget we have.

Buy his he though? That was my initial reaction too but nowbi am not so sure. I was extremely impressed by waggy since Barnsley away (how do i find my posts from the game?) And I do think he is a class act opposed to a freak season BUT....he stood out more last season by carrying us in a severely depleted team that had lost all creativity and lacked pace. He is still key to carrying the side but in hindsight so was mcgoldrick and i everyone would now look differently on that one. Waggy is 28 so still ok age wise but his value will only go downhill from here. As a 25 or 26 year old it may be different but a massive fee could bring in a few players that have potential to appreciate. We have a new focus to build around in Dozzell, nydam, huws etc and if can get the likes of bishop fit and firing we will be class. 7 million plus would Buy us a lot in the mould of tilt to really reshape long term

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Waghorn fee on 09:40 - Jul 19 with 2775 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Waghorn fee on 09:36 - Jul 19 by Stadiumofdark

Strange one isn't it. Doesn't matter what we get for him really... it's who we replace him with.

Exciting times though.... Waggy for £7m, Knudsen to Stoke for £3m, Garner up North for £500k....Webster already gone.

Def info? Can't see us selling all of those with 2 weeks to go. Hurst is already struggling to get his targets.

Poll: Final points total?

Waghorn fee on 09:43 - Jul 19 with 2742 viewsITFCBlues

Waghorn fee on 09:37 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

Problem is, we’re in the realms of panicking now. Less than three weeks to go until the season starts really doesn’t allow us much time to replace him as well as being in the other 2-3 players that we’re still short.

If we sell it could be a disaster

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Waghorn fee on 09:44 - Jul 19 with 2723 viewsSWGF

His value is what it'll cost us to replace/better his number of goals/assists/set-piece taking. Not sure anyone was expecting him to make quite the impact he did but now he has, it'll be a task to replace him and his experience in general. IMO, we do require some Champ nous in the squad; I'm all for up & coming players from the lower leagues with something to prove but players with a few 100 games in the Champ wouldn't go a miss.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Waghorn fee on 09:45 - Jul 19 with 2715 viewsBLUEBEAT

Waghorn fee on 09:40 - Jul 19 by TractorBoyOlly

Def info? Can't see us selling all of those with 2 weeks to go. Hurst is already struggling to get his targets.

[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 9:46]

Poll: W or W

Waghorn fee on 09:45 - Jul 19 with 2722 viewsPhilTWTD

Waghorn fee on 09:43 - Jul 19 by ITFCBlues

Problem is, we’re in the realms of panicking now. Less than three weeks to go until the season starts really doesn’t allow us much time to replace him as well as being in the other 2-3 players that we’re still short.

If we sell it could be a disaster

Won't be quite so much panic as we can sign loan players until the end of August with a view to them being turned into permanent deals in January. I'm sure there'll be a lot of that going on at the Championship.
Waghorn fee on 09:47 - Jul 19 with 2686 viewsITFC_Forever

Waghorn fee on 09:39 - Jul 19 by Bluefish

Buy his he though? That was my initial reaction too but nowbi am not so sure. I was extremely impressed by waggy since Barnsley away (how do i find my posts from the game?) And I do think he is a class act opposed to a freak season BUT....he stood out more last season by carrying us in a severely depleted team that had lost all creativity and lacked pace. He is still key to carrying the side but in hindsight so was mcgoldrick and i everyone would now look differently on that one. Waggy is 28 so still ok age wise but his value will only go downhill from here. As a 25 or 26 year old it may be different but a massive fee could bring in a few players that have potential to appreciate. We have a new focus to build around in Dozzell, nydam, huws etc and if can get the likes of bishop fit and firing we will be class. 7 million plus would Buy us a lot in the mould of tilt to really reshape long term

I thought he was great all season too.

But there were still numbskulls on here slating him when he had a barren patch, despite still playing well and hitting the woodwork a good few times during that spell.

Waghorn fee on 09:47 - Jul 19 with 2685 viewsKieran_Knows

Waghorn fee on 09:45 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

Won't be quite so much panic as we can sign loan players until the end of August with a view to them being turned into permanent deals in January. I'm sure there'll be a lot of that going on at the Championship.

That just defeats the whole object of the window shutting early. Such a stupid decision to do that.

Waghorn fee on 09:47 - Jul 19 with 2682 viewsITFC_Forever

Waghorn fee on 09:36 - Jul 19 by Stadiumofdark

Knudsen to Stoke for £3m? Since when?

Waghorn fee on 09:49 - Jul 19 with 2654 viewsStadiumofdark

Waghorn fee on 09:47 - Jul 19 by ITFC_Forever

Knudsen to Stoke for £3m? Since when?

;-)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024