Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waghorn - set pieces the big miss 22:20 - Jul 22 with 4102 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Think you can replace his goal. His assists and more specifically his dead balls would be much hard to replace. We havent had anyone with a delivery like his for years!

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 22:23 - Jul 22 with 4091 viewsMullet

I'm excited to see of Edwards, Roberts, Bishop and Dozzell can all contribute there. Also Ward and Knudsen were no slouches with theirs assists last season. Which makes me hope we might have a bit more diversity as much as I loved his drilled near post corners, when Smith and Berra were scoring for fun it was because we managed to deceive defences.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

on 23:21 - Jul 22 with 3953 views_

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 22:23 - Jul 22 by Mullet

I'm excited to see of Edwards, Roberts, Bishop and Dozzell can all contribute there. Also Ward and Knudsen were no slouches with theirs assists last season. Which makes me hope we might have a bit more diversity as much as I loved his drilled near post corners, when Smith and Berra were scoring for fun it was because we managed to deceive defences.

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 23:50 - Jul 22 with 3907 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 23:21 - Jul 22 by _

What did he do to you Libby?

You seem to have something against Bishop and I’m not too sure what it is.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

on 06:54 - Jul 23 with 3776 views_

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 23:50 - Jul 22 by The_Romford_Blue

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 07:02 - Jul 23 with 3763 viewsMrTown

I think the best thing about waggy is he is almost two player in one, he creates goals and scores them. I think the biggest problem will be finding the new person the score the goals, as I think Ward/Dozzell/Edwards in behind a no.9 is really exciting and enough there to replace his chance creation.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 09:27 - Jul 23 with 3682 viewsTerry_Nutkins

on 06:54 - Jul 23 by _

As i say we have Dozzell and Huws as well. Bishop doesn't NEED to come in and be a key part straight away. He can come off the bench in place of one of those very competently and ease his way back. The point is we have 3 players who suit that role McGoldrick might have played in Hursts system. Can Bishop do the above: Yes. Is it possible he can overcome his injuries. Yes i believe it is. He has a lot to do but it is not that uncommen for young players to struggle with a lot of muscle injuries early in their career. Steven Gerrard had quite a lot lf issues early on (maybe not to the same degree). His talent make him worth proceesing with.

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 09:42 - Jul 23 with 3666 viewsSwansea_Blue

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 09:27 - Jul 23 by Terry_Nutkins

As i say we have Dozzell and Huws as well. Bishop doesn't NEED to come in and be a key part straight away. He can come off the bench in place of one of those very competently and ease his way back. The point is we have 3 players who suit that role McGoldrick might have played in Hursts system. Can Bishop do the above: Yes. Is it possible he can overcome his injuries. Yes i believe it is. He has a lot to do but it is not that uncommen for young players to struggle with a lot of muscle injuries early in their career. Steven Gerrard had quite a lot lf issues early on (maybe not to the same degree). His talent make him worth proceesing with.

It's easy to see why people are cynical if we're pinning our hopes on 3 players who manage a combined total of 387 minutes (4 .3 games) between them last season. That's not to say they can't put their injury troubles behind them, but it's a risk. Huws especially has always been plagued by injuries. Teddy seems to be going that way too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

on 10:43 - Jul 23 with 3635 views_

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 09:27 - Jul 23 by Terry_Nutkins

Login to get fewer ads

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 16:23 - Jul 23 with 3598 viewsTerry_Nutkins

on 10:43 - Jul 23 by _

Dear oh dear. Stop playing the village simpleton. I was (very clearly) making the observation specific to injuries at a young age. Why be a muppet and suggest im comparing their ability.

on 14:49 - Jul 24 with 3423 views_

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 16:23 - Jul 23 by Terry_Nutkins

Dear oh dear. Stop playing the village simpleton. I was (very clearly) making the observation specific to injuries at a young age. Why be a muppet and suggest im comparing their ability.

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 20:25 - Jul 25 with 3306 viewsTerry_Nutkins

on 14:49 - Jul 24 by _

No. it was right at the beginning of his career. It was an example that a lot of people might know because of his profile. I didnt say it was exactly the same. I just wouldnt right someone so young off. The FFS is so silly and over the top. Get a grip.

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 20:27 - Jul 25 with 3293 viewsSpruceMoose

To be fair, if he goes on to have the kind of career Darren Anderton had, then he won't have done too badly.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 20:30]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 06:12 - Jul 26 with 3133 viewsBurwell_Blue

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 20:27 - Jul 25 by SpruceMoose

To be fair, if he goes on to have the kind of career Darren Anderton had, then he won't have done too badly.

Let’s not forget he was midiagnosed twice by club appointed ‘experts’ and sought a solution himself by shelling out a personal £25k
Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 06:18 - Jul 26 with 3125 viewsBenters2

Dont bring facts into the argument.
on 09:52 - Jul 26 with 2965 views_

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 20:25 - Jul 25 by Terry_Nutkins

No. it was right at the beginning of his career. It was an example that a lot of people might know because of his profile. I didnt say it was exactly the same. I just wouldnt right someone so young off. The FFS is so silly and over the top. Get a grip.

on 09:53 - Jul 26 with 2962 views_

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 09:57 - Jul 26 with 2956 viewshype313

He's an eye opening stat, Darren Anderton started more games than Keane, and over his career played two less games.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

on 10:01 - Jul 26 with 2945 views_

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 09:57 - Jul 26 by hype313

He's an eye opening stat, Darren Anderton started more games than Keane, and over his career played two less games.

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 10:05 - Jul 26 with 2937 viewshype313

on 10:01 - Jul 26 by _

Think Keane started in 89 and Anderton was 90 but Anderton played an additional 18 months after Keane retired, albeit bit part.

To be fair, the games came thick and fast for Keane as United were challenging in Europe as opposed to Spurs who just had domestic games to content with.

on 10:11 - Jul 26 with 2928 views_

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 10:05 - Jul 26 by hype313

Think Keane started in 89 and Anderton was 90 but Anderton played an additional 18 months after Keane retired, albeit bit part.

To be fair, the games came thick and fast for Keane as United were challenging in Europe as opposed to Spurs who just had domestic games to content with.

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 10:14 - Jul 26 with 2927 viewsITFC_Forever

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 23:50 - Jul 22 by The_Romford_Blue

He's a skillfull flair player. Libby doesn't like them.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 10:15 - Jul 26 with 2918 viewshype313

on 10:11 - Jul 26 by _

Indeed, he got himself a bit of a reputation which stuck, wasn't until I went to a quiz years ago and that stat came up, people were surprised to say the least!!

on 12:54 - Jul 26 with 2859 views_

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 10:14 - Jul 26 by ITFC_Forever

He's a skillfull flair player. Libby doesn't like them.

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 13:13 - Jul 26 with 2813 viewsYallop

I'm with you there. The pace and whip he puts on the corners I've not seen at our place for years.

It's a very brave technique because dinking or floating a corner in is fairly low risk, where as whipping it in is a brave technique because if you catch it wrong it'll hit the first man or go for a throw in !
on 13:15 - Jul 26 with 2806 views_

Waghorn - set pieces the big miss on 13:13 - Jul 26 by Yallop

I'm with you there. The pace and whip he puts on the corners I've not seen at our place for years.

It's a very brave technique because dinking or floating a corner in is fairly low risk, where as whipping it in is a brave technique because if you catch it wrong it'll hit the first man or go for a throw in !

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024