Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner 10:14 - Jul 25 with 4731 viewsNick_Blue11

Anyone know how Derby consistently fund their ridiculous annual spending with parachute payments?

Just had a look and their owner is £265 million poorer than Evans....
Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:17 - Jul 25 with 4188 viewshype313

You mean without parachute payments?

Sounds like he's doing the same as the Brighton owner.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:17 - Jul 25 with 4189 viewsitfcjoe

Candy Crush....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:18 - Jul 25 with 4174 viewsCaptainObvious

£281m poorer soon.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:21 - Jul 25 with 4114 viewsBluHuws

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:18 - Jul 25 by CaptainObvious

£281m poorer soon.

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:23 - Jul 25 with 4087 viewsDanTheMan

Vydra will be sold.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:25 - Jul 25 with 4071 viewsBluefish

He is cash rich, it is completely different

They are also in bother now because of ffp. They been gambling big and can't afford to spend this year or will face an embargo. They are cashing in on Vydra and have sold weimann with Bryson and martin potentially going too. They have loaned 2 youngsters and bought josefzoon so far. Still not convinced they can buy Marriott and waghorn but we shall see.

They also sell out every week and pride park has functions all the time shebis a restaurants built into it. Their income is probably at least double ours

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:27 - Jul 25 with 4040 viewsJon_456

Despite what people think, I like the fact Evans is trying to make us a more sustainable/profitable club.

Its very easy to say that he should invest more but it doesn't really solve the long term issue. What happens when he sells up? Cant continue to rely on an owner to invest millions upon millions of money each year because at some point it'll catch up with us and we'll be in the sh*t.
Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:34 - Jul 25 with 3962 viewsBluefish

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:27 - Jul 25 by Jon_456

Despite what people think, I like the fact Evans is trying to make us a more sustainable/profitable club.

Its very easy to say that he should invest more but it doesn't really solve the long term issue. What happens when he sells up? Cant continue to rely on an owner to invest millions upon millions of money each year because at some point it'll catch up with us and we'll be in the sh*t.

Agreed

People are reacting like keeping waggy or spending the whole 8 million will guarantee promotion this season. It won't and it won't make us even close to big spenders. We need to develop players and sell at the right time. It is impossible for us to buy our way out of this league.

If keeping waggy was the final piece to guarantee promotion Marcus would keep him. Instead it will be a calculated gamble as to whether he or the money works best for us. The club has to stay afloat long term and waggy money might balance the books so that we can develop others.

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:34 - Jul 25 with 3962 viewsfloridaboy

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:25 - Jul 25 by Bluefish

He is cash rich, it is completely different

They are also in bother now because of ffp. They been gambling big and can't afford to spend this year or will face an embargo. They are cashing in on Vydra and have sold weimann with Bryson and martin potentially going too. They have loaned 2 youngsters and bought josefzoon so far. Still not convinced they can buy Marriott and waghorn but we shall see.

They also sell out every week and pride park has functions all the time shebis a restaurants built into it. Their income is probably at least double ours

There was a report that Derby had offer £3m plus two players for Waghorn. Wonder if Byson and Martin are the two.

Although their salaries would be way way above what Bart would be getting surely!
Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:40 - Jul 25 with 3918 viewsBluefish

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:34 - Jul 25 by floridaboy

There was a report that Derby had offer £3m plus two players for Waghorn. Wonder if Byson and Martin are the two.

Although their salaries would be way way above what Bart would be getting surely!

Butterfield is the one they want rid of. Martin wouldn't surprise me as an offer and neither would Jerome but i dont want either. Blackman would be a interesting one but he has looked awful for them

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:42 - Jul 25 with 3903 viewsitfcjoe

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:40 - Jul 25 by Bluefish

Butterfield is the one they want rid of. Martin wouldn't surprise me as an offer and neither would Jerome but i dont want either. Blackman would be a interesting one but he has looked awful for them

Our wage bill and Derby's are so out of line swap deals just won't work out.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:44 - Jul 25 with 3889 viewsElderGrizzly

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:42 - Jul 25 by itfcjoe

Unless they subsidise wages. All depends how much they want Waghorn
Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:48 - Jul 25 with 3849 viewsBluefish

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:42 - Jul 25 by itfcjoe

I don't want them!!

Swap deals are quite rare these days

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:50 - Jul 25 with 3836 viewstextbackup

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:48 - Jul 25 by Bluefish

I don't want them!!

Swap deals are quite rare these days

i'd take chris martin in a heartbeat.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:52 - Jul 25 with 3820 viewsBluefish

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:50 - Jul 25 by textbackup

To do what with?? November the 5th is still away off so a bit early to sort your Guy

Bradley Johnson is probably available as well if you want him

Seriously though Chris Martin was the worst player on the pitch when we played them. He is terrible now.....a bit like Jordan Rhodes
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 11:12]

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 11:12 - Jul 25 with 3745 viewsBobbychase

Derby average crowd last season: 27,175
Our average attendance last season: 16,272

Lot of ITFC fans are very good at spending the owner's money while withholding their own

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 11:24 - Jul 25 with 3686 viewsagentp

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:27 - Jul 25 by Jon_456

Agree.

There also needs to financial stability to attract future investment into the club. I think that looks like it is gradually taking shape.

My only criticism of ME (past) Is that I feel we have not speculated in the transfer marker as much as we could have done. We needed to dig slightly deeper on some highly rated lower league talent that have since gone on to generate substantial income. Hopefully that's changing now.

I think this is our rebirth. ripping the house apart and rebuilding. Sad to lose the odd nice piece of stonework, but the result will be something new and fresh.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 11:29 - Jul 25 with 3655 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:50 - Jul 25 by textbackup

Indeed. Chasing after him would smack of our pursuit of Chopra in pretty much every way.

Time to get players who are likely to produce the good in the future rather than ones who once did and ones without all the baggage.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 11:58 - Jul 25 with 3566 viewsCaptainObvious

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 11:12 - Jul 25 by Bobbychase

Lot of ITFC fans are very good at spending the owner's money while withholding their own

If our budget was 16/27ths of Derby's we would be pretty much ecstatic with that.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 13:11 - Jul 25 with 3407 viewsStewart27

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 11:12 - Jul 25 by Bobbychase

Gate receipts are small change in the grand scheme of things nowadays.
Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 13:15 - Jul 25 with 3387 viewsSpruceMoose

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 13:11 - Jul 25 by Stewart27

Gate receipts are small change in the grand scheme of things nowadays.

Maybe in the Prem, but not so much as you go down the leagues, wouldn't you say?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 13:29 - Jul 25 with 3327 viewsElderGrizzly

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 13:15 - Jul 25 by SpruceMoose

Maybe in the Prem, but not so much as you go down the leagues, wouldn't you say?

Yep, in our league it is our main source of income
Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 13:31 - Jul 25 with 3317 viewsNo9

Priorities and cash flow
Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 13:33 - Jul 25 with 3306 viewsBlueNomad

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 10:34 - Jul 25 by Bluefish

Agreed

People are reacting like keeping waggy or spending the whole 8 million will guarantee promotion this season. It won't and it won't make us even close to big spenders. We need to develop players and sell at the right time. It is impossible for us to buy our way out of this league.

If keeping waggy was the final piece to guarantee promotion Marcus would keep him. Instead it will be a calculated gamble as to whether he or the money works best for us. The club has to stay afloat long term and waggy money might balance the books so that we can develop others.

That is far too sensible for many on here!
Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 13:34 - Jul 25 with 3298 viewsSpruceMoose

Ipswich Owner vs Derby Owner on 13:33 - Jul 25 by BlueNomad

That is far too sensible for many on here!

I agree. Had a double take when I saw who had posted it too!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024