Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet 21:59 - Aug 14 with 3304 viewsBrixtonBlue

But this is really worrying. Lost to the (supposedly) worst team in the Championship. Lost to a team in League 2. And lacking clear cut chances with one man up front in both games.

We're looking in trouble already.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:10 - Aug 14 with 2471 viewsRegencyBlue

Confidence will become an issue sooner rather than later if this keeps up. Anything we get against Villa and Derby will be a bonus in my opinion and then the derby game when anything can happen.

This season was always going to be difficult but if we make a really bad start we could be in trouble from the off and that doesn’t bode well.
Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:12 - Aug 14 with 2425 viewsBlueinBrum

Why not just finish this post after the title.
Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:12 - Aug 14 with 2423 viewspointofblue

I thought Hurst played 4-4-2 when at Shrewsbury? Why is he persisting with one up front when it seemingly isn't even his preferred formation, especially when we have the likes of Edwards, Ward, Roberts and Rowe who can cover the wings?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:14 - Aug 14 with 2371 viewsBloomBlue

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:12 - Aug 14 by pointofblue

I thought Hurst played 4-4-2 when at Shrewsbury? Why is he persisting with one up front when it seemingly isn't even his preferred formation, especially when we have the likes of Edwards, Ward, Roberts and Rowe who can cover the wings?

Because 4-4-2 is dinosaur formation in football now, the modern style is one up front.
Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:15 - Aug 14 with 2348 viewsHerbivore

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:12 - Aug 14 by pointofblue

You thought wrong.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:16 - Aug 14 with 2337 viewsHoofballFanboy

In Mick McCarthy's third game in charge we beat Burnley 2-1...slight difference to drawing with Exeter
Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:16 - Aug 14 with 2336 viewspointofblue

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:14 - Aug 14 by BloomBlue

Because 4-4-2 is dinosaur formation in football now, the modern style is one up front.

It worked with an unfancied Shrewsbury side. We have nothing to lose against Villa; our front man is so cut adrift at the moment we may as well try something different.

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:16 - Aug 14 with 2317 viewsdavblue

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:10 - Aug 14 by RegencyBlue

Confidence will become an issue sooner rather than later if this keeps up. Anything we get against Villa and Derby will be a bonus in my opinion and then the derby game when anything can happen.

This season was always going to be difficult but if we make a really bad start we could be in trouble from the off and that doesn’t bode well.

It was always a risky appointment. It could end up being the right manager, wrong time.Not having a good start won’t help the players get on board with his ideas.

He’s made the changes to personal and there will always be a bedding in period some haven’t been here long so it could well be a long hard slog for us.
Login to get fewer ads

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:17 - Aug 14 with 2288 viewsElderGrizzly

We really aren’t, as long as you realised this season was one of transition where 14th would be a good season.

Sir Alf lost 2 of his first 3 games if you want a comparison.

Although anyone judging us or any manager after 3 games is rather premature.
Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:18 - Aug 14 with 2276 viewsHerbivore

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:16 - Aug 14 by pointofblue

It worked with an unfancied Shrewsbury side. We have nothing to lose against Villa; our front man is so cut adrift at the moment we may as well try something different.

He played the same 4-1-4-1 formation at Shrewsbury as he's used here thus far.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:20 - Aug 14 with 2243 viewsm14_blue

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:16 - Aug 14 by pointofblue

Shrewsbury didn't play 4-4-2.

Hurst has made plans, and signed players, to fit in with this formation. If he panics and changes it all after a couple of disappointing games then he's not the man or manager I hope he is.

There is quite obviously a lot of work to do, particularly in midfield, but I can't believe people think switching to 2 up front is the silver bullet. I can't even begin to think what our 4 Man midfield would look like.
Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:25 - Aug 14 with 2195 viewsjeera

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:17 - Aug 14 by ElderGrizzly

We really aren’t, as long as you realised this season was one of transition where 14th would be a good season.

It's insanely defeatist that people are even holding these conversations.

'We' got what we wanted, now it's time to stand by our convictions and support the club, team and the man in charge.

Every time this crap comes up you can't help but think of those who wanted Sir Bobby out before the magic clicked.

It's barely been 5 minutes.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:31 - Aug 14 with 2149 viewsBrixtonBlue

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:17 - Aug 14 by ElderGrizzly

The two big concerns for me are the quality of opposition we've failed to beat and the 'one up front' idea which is leaving that man isolated. Like I said it's early days, but those were 3 very winnable games and we have some tough ones coming up. I'm trying not to be worried but I can't help it!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:32 - Aug 14 with 2142 viewspointofblue

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:18 - Aug 14 by Herbivore

He played the same 4-1-4-1 formation at Shrewsbury as he's used here thus far.

Thanks, thought I read one of HarryFromBath's reviews saying they persisted with a 4-4-2 but was obviously wrong!

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:34 - Aug 14 with 2134 viewsBrixtonBlue

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:25 - Aug 14 by jeera

It's insanely defeatist that people are even holding these conversations.

'We' got what we wanted, now it's time to stand by our convictions and support the club, team and the man in charge.

Every time this crap comes up you can't help but think of those who wanted Sir Bobby out before the magic clicked.

It's barely been 5 minutes.

No-one's calling for Hurst out.

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:36 - Aug 14 with 2115 viewsjeera

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:34 - Aug 14 by BrixtonBlue

No one said they are.

What you on about?

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:43 - Aug 14 with 2066 viewsBrixtonBlue

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:36 - Aug 14 by jeera

No one said they are.

What you on about?

"Every time this crap comes up you can't help but think of those who wanted Sir Bobby out before the magic clicked."

I thought you were insinuating this is like that. Apologies if not.

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:50 - Aug 14 with 2018 viewsjeera

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:43 - Aug 14 by BrixtonBlue

"Every time this crap comes up you can't help but think of those who wanted Sir Bobby out before the magic clicked."

I thought you were insinuating this is like that. Apologies if not.

No, was just a passing comment on negativity in general tbh.

I hadn't even thought of that.

Wasn't supposed to be misleading chap.

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:51 - Aug 14 with 2000 viewsBrixtonBlue

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:12 - Aug 14 by BlueinBrum

Why not just finish this post after the title.

You think everyone should sit quietly and not air their concerns?

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 23:09 - Aug 14 with 1909 viewsBraveDave

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 22:34 - Aug 14 by BrixtonBlue

If you look at the comments on the match report, I think you'll find several (unbelievably) are. Luckily most seem a bit more sensible - worried but prepared to back our new manager. Mid August and some already think we are relegated. Depressing really
Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 23:18 - Aug 14 with 1863 viewsjeera

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 23:09 - Aug 14 by BraveDave

If you look at the comments on the match report, I think you'll find several (unbelievably) are. Luckily most seem a bit more sensible - worried but prepared to back our new manager. Mid August and some already think we are relegated. Depressing really

Comments don't count Dave.

They have their own thing going on.

Nice to see you've moved back in over the road btw.

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 23:27 - Aug 14 with 1822 viewsBraveDave

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 23:18 - Aug 14 by jeera

Comments don't count Dave.

They have their own thing going on.

Nice to see you've moved back in over the road btw.

Yeah, it's like some weird parallel universe - feels slightly sordid, slightly dangerous.

And I hate myself for not really knowing what your last line means. Feeling a bit silly, but I'm sure it will come to me
Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 23:34 - Aug 14 with 1796 viewsjeera

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 23:27 - Aug 14 by BraveDave

Yeah, it's like some weird parallel universe - feels slightly sordid, slightly dangerous.

And I hate myself for not really knowing what your last line means. Feeling a bit silly, but I'm sure it will come to me

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 23:40 - Aug 14 with 1781 viewsBraveDave

Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 23:34 - Aug 14 by jeera

Ah yes. You thought I was a figment of your imagination. But I'm back! Now, just stay out of my front garden and don't lob things down my back passage!
Obviously Hurst needs to be given time, and he hasn't had much yet on 00:08 - Aug 15 with 1736 viewsStokieBlue

He's never played 442. Why do you think he did?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024