Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. 20:08 - Aug 18 with 15583 viewsartsbossbeard

Agog.

He should've gotten pelters but instead gets a round of applause.

Never cease to amaze me.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 10:27 - Aug 20 with 1616 viewsGeoffSentence

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 10:19 - Aug 20 by GlasgowBlue

Remember when McAuley got sent off against Forest in either 2009 or 2010? He was roundly booed and his confidence was shot. Is that what you would prefer?

People were clapping both for what they saw as an injustice and to keep the player’s Spirits up.

Same as when we have been in the end of a defeat and the players come over to acknowledge the crowd. We rightly show them support even if they haven’t played well. Sadly too often last season a section of our support would “give them pelters”. And you would have been one of the first to criticise them for doing so. And quite right too.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 10:29]

Yep, spot on. I thought it was a fine example of supporters providing support.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 10:38 - Aug 20 with 1607 viewsHerbivore

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 08:35 - Aug 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We have 2 points from 3 games and have been knocked out of the cup by lower league opposition

There’s been some moments of encouragement in the performances, but Hurst has certainly not proven anything yet

I was just about to point out that this time last season we'd won 4 from 4 so it's probably not the right time to be suggesting that Hurst has proven himself more capable than Mick. He hasn't at all, much as it's nice to see us playing a bit more on the deck and with more pace and energy.

The most rabid and vocal of the former outers have gone full emperor's new clothes as far as Hurst is concerned. I've noticed their tendency to only criticise the performances of Chambo, Bart, Jonas and Skuse and none of the new boys, regardless of actual performances. Saying after 4 games, none of which we've won, that the new manager has shown the previous manager's limitations is, frankly, bizarre. Let's give the manager and team some time to actually get some points on the board before we start thinking we're a budget Barcelona.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 10:48 - Aug 20 with 1590 viewsBarneycurley

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 10:38 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

I was just about to point out that this time last season we'd won 4 from 4 so it's probably not the right time to be suggesting that Hurst has proven himself more capable than Mick. He hasn't at all, much as it's nice to see us playing a bit more on the deck and with more pace and energy.

The most rabid and vocal of the former outers have gone full emperor's new clothes as far as Hurst is concerned. I've noticed their tendency to only criticise the performances of Chambo, Bart, Jonas and Skuse and none of the new boys, regardless of actual performances. Saying after 4 games, none of which we've won, that the new manager has shown the previous manager's limitations is, frankly, bizarre. Let's give the manager and team some time to actually get some points on the board before we start thinking we're a budget Barcelona.

I think the familiar faces you mention are possibly also more front of mind than the 'new guys' when it comes to ability.

If jonas as example misplaces a pass it's like 'Oh no not again' but with the new guys it's all a bit more watch and see. Well that's how I see it.

I do also note that donacien copped a little bit of flack for which even in these early stages he seems to be turning the tide on.

I unfortunately feel that from a football perspective the likes of our captain probably have peaked. I also do note though that Bart included they are expected to play in a different manner which I hope they can adapt too.

Time will tell...

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 10:53 - Aug 20 with 1579 viewsartsbossbeard

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 10:19 - Aug 20 by GlasgowBlue

Remember when McAuley got sent off against Forest in either 2009 or 2010? He was roundly booed and his confidence was shot. Is that what you would prefer?

People were clapping both for what they saw as an injustice and to keep the player’s Spirits up.

Same as when we have been in the end of a defeat and the players come over to acknowledge the crowd. We rightly show them support even if they haven’t played well. Sadly too often last season a section of our support would “give them pelters”. And you would have been one of the first to criticise them for doing so. And quite right too.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 10:29]

Couldn't he have simply trudged off to a collective disappointed sigh?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 10:57 - Aug 20 with 1564 viewsBarneycurley

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 10:53 - Aug 20 by artsbossbeard

Sighs or pelters?

Decisions decisions

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 10:58 - Aug 20 with 1551 viewsGeoffSentence

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 10:53 - Aug 20 by artsbossbeard

Personally I thought it was the right thing for the supporters to support him, might help him keep his pecker up.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 11:02 - Aug 20 with 1543 viewsDarth_Koont

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 10:57 - Aug 20 by Barneycurley

Sighs or pelters?

Decisions decisions

Let's split the difference. Big tuts.

No, I said TUTS!

Pronouns: He/Him

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 11:04 - Aug 20 with 1535 viewsbluewein

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 10:48 - Aug 20 by Barneycurley

I think the familiar faces you mention are possibly also more front of mind than the 'new guys' when it comes to ability.

If jonas as example misplaces a pass it's like 'Oh no not again' but with the new guys it's all a bit more watch and see. Well that's how I see it.

I do also note that donacien copped a little bit of flack for which even in these early stages he seems to be turning the tide on.

I unfortunately feel that from a football perspective the likes of our captain probably have peaked. I also do note though that Bart included they are expected to play in a different manner which I hope they can adapt too.

Time will tell...

"If jonas as example misplaces a pass it's like 'Oh no not again' but with the new guys it's all a bit more watch and see."

Surely it doesn't matter who gives the ball away. Be them new or old, they're doing the same (wrong) thing. Slating one set of players and not slating another set seems... well, odd.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Login to get fewer ads

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 11:07 - Aug 20 with 1526 viewsCurrie10

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 10:38 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

Quality post.
The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 11:13 - Aug 20 with 1511 viewsBarneycurley

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 11:04 - Aug 20 by bluewein

"If jonas as example misplaces a pass it's like 'Oh no not again' but with the new guys it's all a bit more watch and see."

Surely it doesn't matter who gives the ball away. Be them new or old, they're doing the same (wrong) thing. Slating one set of players and not slating another set seems... well, odd.

No - my point was there's no built up acceptance of ability or lack of with the new players. Their limitations and abilities are laid out over time, with the old guard so to speak those limitations are already out there.

That's what I meant.

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 11:20 - Aug 20 with 1490 viewsbluewein

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 11:13 - Aug 20 by Barneycurley

No - my point was there's no built up acceptance of ability or lack of with the new players. Their limitations and abilities are laid out over time, with the old guard so to speak those limitations are already out there.

That's what I meant.

Gotcha. Misread your post a tad, but I get what you mean.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 11:31 - Aug 20 with 1471 viewsBarneycurley

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 11:20 - Aug 20 by bluewein

Gotcha. Misread your post a tad, but I get what you mean.

No worries. I just wish a few of the stragglers (not yourself) would just give up the constant comparisons of old and new and just move on. It's like there is still a minority that feel that not just moving on from Mick is disrespecting what he did. It isn't.

I just hope once we get a few wins (hopefully the big one Sunday 2nd) these stragglers can let go of the past and embrace the future.

Saturday showed at times what joy even a draw could bring by us 'having a go' I am loving it can't even imagine what joy and pride will bring when we finally get that win.

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 12:59 - Aug 20 with 1410 viewsHerbivore

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 10:48 - Aug 20 by Barneycurley

Time will tell...

I think there probably is an element of that, equally in some quarters I do think there's also a large element of anything to do with Mick = bad and anything to do with Hurst = good. Some are struggling to let go of the previous manager and the divisions that went with him in the last 18 months or so.

Personally I really enjoyed Saturday, a very spirited and encouraging performance and if we play like that all season (and keep 11 men on the pitch) we'll be in for an enjoyable year I think. That said the jury is still out on certain things and rightly so, we won't really get a sense of how well Hurst is doing for months yet.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Definitely time to delete this thread :) on 13:00 - Aug 20 with 1407 viewsDyland

nft

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 13:51 - Aug 20 with 1372 viewsBlueBadger

If he'd been here last season he could have done plenty of that...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 15:40 - Aug 20 with 1330 viewsitfctim

He was applauded off the pitch because the decision was unjustified, and, in retrospect, the unfairness of the decision was instrumental in raising the subsequent level of support. Adversely, a red card aka Beckham v's Argentina, can kill a game, and instead of extra support, it becomes a focal point for blame. No player would get an undeserved ovation for a red card, simple as that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024