Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. 20:08 - Aug 18 with 15586 viewsartsbossbeard

Agog.

He should've gotten pelters but instead gets a round of applause.

Never cease to amaze me.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:09 - Aug 18 with 5855 viewswkj

I just dribbled even more tea

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:10 - Aug 18 with 5841 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:10 - Aug 18 with 5842 viewsm14_blue

It seems to be the done thing these days, I agree, completely idiotic.

Not sure Edun deserved pelters though, he was at worst naive, which is an occupational hazard for players of his age.
The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:11 - Aug 18 with 5826 viewsSarge

If it was a legitimate sending off you might have a point.
The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:12 - Aug 18 with 5809 viewsxrayspecs

Not there today but in similar circumstances - when the decision appears to be harsh - then the applause is often support / encouragement to the player rather than celebrating him being sent off.
The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:13 - Aug 18 with 5792 viewssundaze

And the winner of managing to start a negative post after a positive performance is......
The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:14 - Aug 18 with 5777 viewswkj

Something tells me there is a woosh trap somewhere in this thread... be careful gentlemen

Crybaby

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:14 - Aug 18 with 5778 viewsartsbossbeard

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:11 - Aug 18 by Sarge

Booked early doors and then dives in. Stupidity of the highest order.

I'd mentioned to my mate that he'll get hooked at half time only a minute or so before.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Login to get fewer ads

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:16 - Aug 18 with 5735 viewsMattinLondon

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:14 - Aug 18 by artsbossbeard

Booked early doors and then dives in. Stupidity of the highest order.

I'd mentioned to my mate that he'll get hooked at half time only a minute or so before.

Well done for being proven correct
The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:16 - Aug 18 with 5732 viewsgtsb

You can't get a reaction by saying "it's quiet on here tonight" as some bore has already said it so you try something different. 10/10 for effort.
The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:17 - Aug 18 with 5724 viewsartsbossbeard

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:12 - Aug 18 by xrayspecs

Not there today but in similar circumstances - when the decision appears to be harsh - then the applause is often support / encouragement to the player rather than celebrating him being sent off.

First booking harsh but you know the score when on a yellow.

Two weeks wages fine would be appropriate.

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:19 - Aug 18 with 5683 viewsGeoffSentence

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:11 - Aug 18 by Sarge

I didn't see it coming. Thought at worst he was going to get a talking to. Sometimes you brace yourself for something bad, but that one came as a surprise to me.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:20 - Aug 18 with 5671 viewswallyvincent

Both cards were harsh, thought the kid was unlucky, no reason to give him grief.

“....he’s a young tearaway by the name of Wally Vincent” - DCI Frank Haskins, Metropolitan Police Flying Squad 1975

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:24 - Aug 18 with 5600 viewsartsbossbeard

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:20 - Aug 18 by wallyvincent

Both cards were harsh, thought the kid was unlucky, no reason to give him grief.

A draw in a game we could well have won and I'm not allowed to feel annoyed about the decision making of a player who should know better? Got it.

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:24 - Aug 18 with 5599 viewsjas0999

First yellow was a terrible decision. But when on a booking - fairly or not - I did think the young man showed a bit of inexperienced with a challenge which could always end with a second booking. That said, even that booking was debateable, but no need to put hinepself in that position. Poor refereeing though
The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:25 - Aug 18 with 5590 viewsitfcjoe

I think ref had been so poor, and no one could belive it was a sending off. Looking back it was prob a second yellow.

But, reaction from players is always key - everyone from both sides ready to carry on play - and looked like a final warning from ref (and Edun to get hook at half time)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:27 - Aug 18 with 5544 viewsMrTown

Never a second yellow card, never! Ref should have used his common sense, had a word and told him final warning, and calm down.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:28 - Aug 18 with 5527 viewswkj

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:25 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

I think ref had been so poor, and no one could belive it was a sending off. Looking back it was prob a second yellow.

But, reaction from players is always key - everyone from both sides ready to carry on play - and looked like a final warning from ref (and Edun to get hook at half time)

Even if it was a stand alone yellow, it isn't the type of yellow a ref usually gives if a player is booked already. I know a yellow card is a yellow card, but you often see pundits talk about refs showing restraint on second yellows to try and keep the game balanced, and I think the ref failed missabley at exercising any hint of common sense there.

Crybaby

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:31 - Aug 18 with 5493 viewsDarth_Koont

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:27 - Aug 18 by MrTown

Never a second yellow card, never! Ref should have used his common sense, had a word and told him final warning, and calm down.

I think it definitely was. And let's be honest, if that was an opposition player on a yellow we'd have been annoyed if he'd got away with the second one which looked worse than the first.

Pronouns: He/Him

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:31 - Aug 18 with 5494 viewssundaze

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:24 - Aug 18 by artsbossbeard

A draw in a game we could well have won and I'm not allowed to feel annoyed about the decision making of a player who should know better? Got it.

A player who should know better. You are talking about an on loan youngster who has played hardly any first team football at a professional level before this season.
Chill out, it's not worth getting so "annoyed" , I am sure he will be locked up in solitary tonight and made to walk around Ipswich with " I made ABB annoyed" on his shirt.
The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:32 - Aug 18 with 5466 viewsGarv

Player who was playing as well as anyone gets sent off harshly after putting 100% effort into winning the ball, what do you expect?

Supporters gonna support.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:37 - Aug 18 with 5414 viewsWithnail

Is this because he isn't a St. Mick signing?
The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:37 - Aug 18 with 5415 viewsFtnfwest

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:25 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

Apart from villas glamour boy who screamed in the refs face. Tbf even he looked amazed when he was sent off
The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:39 - Aug 18 with 5391 viewsartsbossbeard

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:37 - Aug 18 by Withnail

Is this because he isn't a St. Mick signing?

How did you get on with the search for my pro Mick posts? Any joy?

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:39 - Aug 18 with 5389 viewsjudespiveyg

The clapping off of Edun after his stupid second yellow. on 20:17 - Aug 18 by artsbossbeard

First booking harsh but you know the score when on a yellow.

Two weeks wages fine would be appropriate.

Two weeks wage fine?!? Yes he should've known better but at worst it was naivity by a young, inexperienced player. All part of the learning process for a young player, fining him wages would have absolutely no positive effect whatsoever.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024