Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Didn't Walters leave the first time because... 05:31 - Aug 30 with 9555 viewsRIPbobby

He struggled living down south.

Sorry if this has been mentioned by someone else in another thread. I cant read them all.
Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 09:44 - Aug 30 with 3730 viewsitfcjoe

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 09:31 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

Really? I couldn't stand the guy. The only season since I was about 8 that I've not been to a Town game was under Keane, he just killed my connection with the club. I should add it wasn't a boycott or protest, I just didn't really want to go. Football was crap, manager was an arse, we were "Roy Keane's Ipswich", it just wasn't for me.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 9:32]

It was nice to be in the public eye a bit more, and although we were Roy Keane's Ipswich I liked that exposure it bought to the club. And I always liked Keane as a player too and he'd done an excellent job at Sunderland.

Had he succeeded here, he'd be long gone by now, and we'd likely have had some time in the PL and maybe we wouldn't be stuck in this limbo where ME can't afford to compete.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Gav... on 09:46 - Aug 30 with 3717 viewsSwansea_Blue

Really? I couldn't stand the guy. The only season since I was about 8 that I've not been to a Town game was under Keane, he just killed my connection with the club. I should add it wasn't a boycott or protest, I just didn't really want to go. Football was crap, manager was an arse, we were "Roy Keane's Ipswich", it just wasn't for me.

Can we have a multiple up vote option please? Log scale ideally.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 09:47 - Aug 30 with 3715 viewsBlueBadger

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 09:44 - Aug 30 by itfcjoe

It was nice to be in the public eye a bit more, and although we were Roy Keane's Ipswich I liked that exposure it bought to the club. And I always liked Keane as a player too and he'd done an excellent job at Sunderland.

Had he succeeded here, he'd be long gone by now, and we'd likely have had some time in the PL and maybe we wouldn't be stuck in this limbo where ME can't afford to compete.

Keane was like a rubbish version of Mick McCarthy.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 09:58 - Aug 30 with 3699 viewsitfcjoe

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 09:47 - Aug 30 by BlueBadger

And a shame Mick wasn't appointed when Keane was as he'd have got us up with that investment.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 10:10 - Aug 30 with 3671 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's amazing how much of a hero he appears to be since yesterday, yet people forget he tried for so long to leave the club.........

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 10:19 - Aug 30 with 3644 viewsSuperblue95

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 10:10 - Aug 30 by FrimleyBlue

It's amazing how much of a hero he appears to be since yesterday, yet people forget he tried for so long to leave the club.........

I agree, how dare he want to leave us to move closer to home, get more money, play at a higher level and leave a middling championship club and headcase manager.

It beggars belief

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 10:22 - Aug 30 with 3634 viewsFrimleyBlue

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 10:19 - Aug 30 by Superblue95

I agree, how dare he want to leave us to move closer to home, get more money, play at a higher level and leave a middling championship club and headcase manager.

It beggars belief

Haven't said how dare he, he also tried a few times under Jim, not just Keane

But the guy went behind managers backs to try and get moves.

Yet someone like Rhodes gets booed because we sold him when he didn't want to go and he's made a living going to whoever wants him.

Waka waka eh eh

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 10:33 - Aug 30 with 3608 viewsSuperblue95

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 10:22 - Aug 30 by FrimleyBlue

Haven't said how dare he, he also tried a few times under Jim, not just Keane

But the guy went behind managers backs to try and get moves.

Yet someone like Rhodes gets booed because we sold him when he didn't want to go and he's made a living going to whoever wants him.

I think the reality is most players do that in this day and age though. And I don't think anyone has hailed him "as a hero" but just think he could bring some valuable experience to the team. Personally I'm not fussed if we sign him or not, I'd rather an out and out striker to somebody who's better cutting in from out wide.

That said Walters has made a great career from himself despite being an incredibly limited footballer

Login to get fewer ads

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 10:37 - Aug 30 with 3602 viewsFrimleyBlue

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 10:33 - Aug 30 by Superblue95

I think the reality is most players do that in this day and age though. And I don't think anyone has hailed him "as a hero" but just think he could bring some valuable experience to the team. Personally I'm not fussed if we sign him or not, I'd rather an out and out striker to somebody who's better cutting in from out wide.

That said Walters has made a great career from himself despite being an incredibly limited footballer

I don't see how we can sign him personally. Hurst says he doesn't like being told when he has to play players, I can't see Walters coming here being benched and I can't see him starting for us... Yet I don't see Burnley loaning him out without guaranteed football.

The reaction to him is like he's a saviour of some form which I'll don't get, but it'll be interested to see how it pans out in regards to game time, if he does join

Waka waka eh eh

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 10:41 - Aug 30 with 3593 viewsSuperblue95

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 10:37 - Aug 30 by FrimleyBlue

I don't see how we can sign him personally. Hurst says he doesn't like being told when he has to play players, I can't see Walters coming here being benched and I can't see him starting for us... Yet I don't see Burnley loaning him out without guaranteed football.

The reaction to him is like he's a saviour of some form which I'll don't get, but it'll be interested to see how it pans out in regards to game time, if he does join

I doubt Burnley care how much football he plays for us if he signs, they probably just want to save on the wages. He's not exactly a promising youngster who needs game time to further their game

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 10:41 - Aug 30 with 3594 viewshype313

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 10:37 - Aug 30 by FrimleyBlue

I don't think Burnley would stipulate he would have to play, bit different with players like Carter Vickers who are at different stage of their careers where they need game time, a 34 yr old who seems surplus to requirements at Burnley is a completely different scenario. Can't see why they would stipulate he needs games to gain championship experience...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 10:45 - Aug 30 with 3587 viewsFrimleyBlue

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 10:41 - Aug 30 by hype313

I don't think Burnley would stipulate he would have to play, bit different with players like Carter Vickers who are at different stage of their careers where they need game time, a 34 yr old who seems surplus to requirements at Burnley is a completely different scenario. Can't see why they would stipulate he needs games to gain championship experience...

If it's a short term loan, they could be looking to get him fit...... if he's still as good as he was and gets fit, there's no reason he couldn't go back in Jan and help them....

Waka waka eh eh

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 10:47 - Aug 30 with 3577 viewsSwansea_Blue

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 09:47 - Aug 30 by BlueBadger

A psychopathic, rubbish version

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 10:49 - Aug 30 with 3575 viewshype313

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 10:45 - Aug 30 by FrimleyBlue

If it's a short term loan, they could be looking to get him fit...... if he's still as good as he was and gets fit, there's no reason he couldn't go back in Jan and help them....

Dyche stated they are overloaded in that area, no mention of getting him fit. "Could be looking to get him fit" is if, but's and maybe's, certainly not substantiated by any mention of them stipulating he must play.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 11:03 - Aug 30 with 3561 viewsJohnny_Boy

Finally something we both can agree on. Although, I did see quite a few games under his stewardship.
Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 11:09 - Aug 30 with 3552 viewsFrimleyBlue

Herbz, what's your view on Hurst?

I mentioned similarities in Hurst to keen and being outspoken etc... Do you think if the losing run continues it may reach Keane levels?

Waka waka eh eh

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 12:20 - Aug 30 with 3529 viewschristiand

He's now at a different stage of his career from one that left us all those years ago and has made his money. Perhaps he feels he has some unfinished business at Ipswich Town?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 12:29 - Aug 30 with 3521 viewsLeagueOne

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 09:34 - Aug 30 by BrixtonBlue

Why are you called LeagueOne?

Why are you called Brixton? and why are you trolling me specifically?

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 12:30 - Aug 30 with 3519 viewsReuser_is_God

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 10:41 - Aug 30 by hype313

Frimley in talk utter bollox shocker.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 12:33 - Aug 30 with 3518 viewsJohnny_Boy

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:33 - Aug 30 by Kieran_Knows

*checks to see if I was one of those*

I think you went by the name Roy_Knows back then.
Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 12:41 - Aug 30 with 3498 viewsLeagueOne

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 12:30 - Aug 30 by Reuser_is_God

Frimley in talk utter bollox shocker.

He was there when Walters made up he was sick to move to Stoke. Def info.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 14:16 - Aug 30 with 3468 viewsBrixtonBlue

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 12:29 - Aug 30 by LeagueOne

Why are you called Brixton? and why are you trolling me specifically?

In what way I'm I trolling you? I've just asked why you're calling yourself LeagueOne. It's not even because of the poor start as you had it before the start of the season.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 14:30 - Aug 30 with 3459 viewsHerbivore

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 11:09 - Aug 30 by FrimleyBlue

Herbz, what's your view on Hurst?

I mentioned similarities in Hurst to keen and being outspoken etc... Do you think if the losing run continues it may reach Keane levels?

I see no similarities between Hurst and Keane.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 14:39 - Aug 30 with 3448 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 10:10 - Aug 30 by FrimleyBlue

So did Warky in 82 when he went the Liverpool and a second time left to go to Boro, he's still an ITFC legend though and was nearly 40 when he came back a 3rd time.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 15:09 - Aug 30 with 3427 viewsSpruceMoose

Didn't Walters leave the first time because... on 08:32 - Aug 30 by BlueBadger

The best part of that story is all the News commenters insisting that Keane was doing a great job and what a rotter Walters was.

News commenters have a long and glorious history of muppetry.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 15:09]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024