Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket... 11:11 - Aug 30 with 3050 viewsbluewein

End the Jennings experiment now for the love of God...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Cricket... on 11:13 - Aug 30 with 3039 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

The issue is always having to have someone banging the door down to take their place.

Not sure there are too many that are right now. But Yes, Jennings has once again been shown to be not up to the task at this level.
Cricket... on 11:15 - Aug 30 with 3027 viewsbluewein

Cricket... on 11:13 - Aug 30 by King_of_Portman_Rd

The issue is always having to have someone banging the door down to take their place.

Not sure there are too many that are right now. But Yes, Jennings has once again been shown to be not up to the task at this level.

Whist I agree, there has to be a better option than Jennings even if it means moving someone up the order.

Absolutely awful footwork/leave for an opener...

Cricket... on 11:18 - Aug 30 with 3013 viewsSaleAway

Cricket... on 11:13 - Aug 30 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Rory Burns...

Top run scorer in 1st division.. opens batting.... averages 65 this year....

if thats not kicking the door in...

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Cricket... on 11:37 - Aug 30 with 2955 viewsSamuelowen88

Well this is going well

Poll: England v Wales Score

Cricket... on 11:40 - Aug 30 with 2950 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Cricket... on 11:18 - Aug 30 by SaleAway

Rory Burns...

Top run scorer in 1st division.. opens batting.... averages 65 this year....

if thats not kicking the door in...

He would be the first name I would suggest ("Next cab of the rank" as the saying goes)

Personally I think we need a 2 and a 3 as I don't like Root at 3 just yet, not so soon into his captaincy as I think he would have benefited from not being burdened with the responsibility when he was, then add in a new position I think we're not seeing the best version of Joe Root.

This Summer would have been good for him to take on the role, after (a potentially) strong winter with less pressure on him
Cricket... on 11:40 - Aug 30 with 2945 viewsSteve_M

Cricket... on 11:37 - Aug 30 by Samuelowen88

Well this is going well

Maybe we'll manage to bat past lunch today though.

FFS.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket... on 11:44 - Aug 30 with 2932 viewsKeno

Cricket... on 11:40 - Aug 30 by King_of_Portman_Rd

He would be the first name I would suggest ("Next cab of the rank" as the saying goes)

Personally I think we need a 2 and a 3 as I don't like Root at 3 just yet, not so soon into his captaincy as I think he would have benefited from not being burdened with the responsibility when he was, then add in a new position I think we're not seeing the best version of Joe Root.

This Summer would have been good for him to take on the role, after (a potentially) strong winter with less pressure on him

I actually think Cook needs to stand down now he has the feeling of 'dead man walking'

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Cricket... on 11:45 - Aug 30 with 2924 viewsReuser_is_God

Just watched the dismissal.

Embarrassing.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket... on 11:52 - Aug 30 with 2897 viewsartsbossbeard

Proper bowlers wicket this one.

Shocking dismissal though.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Cricket... on 11:52 - Aug 30 with 2895 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Cricket... on 11:44 - Aug 30 by Keno

I actually think Cook needs to stand down now he has the feeling of 'dead man walking'

Unfortunately there isn't really anyone in a position to take his place... Not whilst we're still finding an opening partner for him

If there was already a settled 2 and 3 then I'd perhaps support that line of thinking, but we'd be foolish to go into any international fixture with 1,2 & 3 all new and not yet established
Cricket... on 11:57 - Aug 30 with 2881 viewsSteve_M

Cricket... on 11:52 - Aug 30 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Unfortunately there isn't really anyone in a position to take his place... Not whilst we're still finding an opening partner for him

If there was already a settled 2 and 3 then I'd perhaps support that line of thinking, but we'd be foolish to go into any international fixture with 1,2 & 3 all new and not yet established

Everyone is in the wrong place, Root would rather be at four, Pope should have been at five for the last Test and probably Bairstow there for this one. The lack of openers is a real problem, how many have we tried since Strauss retired now?

Just need to dig in this morning, 25/2 isn't insurmountable.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket... on 12:00 - Aug 30 with 2865 viewsKeno

Cricket... on 11:52 - Aug 30 by King_of_Portman_Rd

By why develop an opening partner for a guy who will soon retire?

better to look for a new pair of openers

Cricket... on 12:02 - Aug 30 with 2858 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Cricket... on 11:57 - Aug 30 by Steve_M

Everyone is in the wrong place, Root would rather be at four, Pope should have been at five for the last Test and probably Bairstow there for this one. The lack of openers is a real problem, how many have we tried since Strauss retired now?

Just need to dig in this morning, 25/2 isn't insurmountable.

We have an abundance of middle order batsmen (nos 4 - 7) but we have always seemed intent on trying to fit them in wherever we can

Root, Bairstow, Stokes, Buttler, Moeen, Malan, Vince, Pope
Cricket... on 12:08 - Aug 30 with 2843 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Cricket... on 12:00 - Aug 30 by Keno

By why develop an opening partner for a guy who will soon retire?

better to look for a new pair of openers

Whilst Cook might not be at his imperious best any longer, he still possesses an incredible amount of mental strength and endurance and (as England's leading all time Run Scorer) is someone anyone can learn from.

2 new openers would get vilified in the media if things didn't start off well and we'd simply lurch from one panic selection to another. (In Football you wouldn't start a season with 2 young centre backs both making their debuts with no senior experience alongside them)

I think transitioning Cook out of the side would be a lot more effective, but we need to start doing so soon so that when he does leave we're not scratching around to find someone to hold down a place at the top of the order
Cricket... on 12:14 - Aug 30 with 2828 viewsbluewein

I might get to see the end on Saturday at this rate...

Cricket... on 12:29 - Aug 30 with 2798 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ouch!

Just seen it. He will have nightmares about that for a long time.

His next innings may well be his last for England and he really needs to give himself a few good memories from it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cricket... on 12:32 - Aug 30 with 2793 viewsReuser_is_God

Bloody hell Cook that is awful.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Cricket... on 12:47 - Aug 30 with 2778 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Could really do with this middle order really producing the goods this time.

Buttler is in good nick and so is Moeen (from County Championship) plus Stokes put on a terrific rearguard performance at Trent Bridge last time out so I'd say that these 3 are what stands between complete embarrassment and something passably respectable.

Issue is, are they likely to still be in by Tea?
Cricket... on 12:59 - Aug 30 with 2759 viewsKeno

Cricket... on 12:08 - Aug 30 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Whilst Cook might not be at his imperious best any longer, he still possesses an incredible amount of mental strength and endurance and (as England's leading all time Run Scorer) is someone anyone can learn from.

2 new openers would get vilified in the media if things didn't start off well and we'd simply lurch from one panic selection to another. (In Football you wouldn't start a season with 2 young centre backs both making their debuts with no senior experience alongside them)

I think transitioning Cook out of the side would be a lot more effective, but we need to start doing so soon so that when he does leave we're not scratching around to find someone to hold down a place at the top of the order

I rest my case

Cricket... on 13:54 - Aug 30 with 2706 viewsgainsboroughblue

Cricket... on 11:40 - Aug 30 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Really doesn't matter if you are 3, 4, or 5 in this batting order. You're at the crease within 10 overs anyway.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cricket... on 14:09 - Aug 30 with 2686 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cricket... on 11:52 - Aug 30 by artsbossbeard

Proper bowlers wicket this one.

Shocking dismissal though.

Lovely nutmeg!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cricket... on 14:21 - Aug 30 with 2674 viewsjas0999

Time for a Cook to concentrate on club cricket as well ...
Cricket... on 15:12 - Aug 30 with 2640 viewsRyorry

Got in having forgotten to take my tranny down to the veg plot when working there for the morning - you should have seen my mouth on the floor when I heard TMS saying 85/5!! ⁉️

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Cricket... on 15:23 - Aug 30 with 2623 viewscatch74

Cricket... on 14:21 - Aug 30 by jas0999

Time for a Cook to concentrate on club cricket as well ...

Think we just field a team of our allrounders.

Ali
Butler
Root (just)
Barstow
Stokes
Woakes
Curran
Rashid
Broad (pushing it)
Need two more

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising