Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote 23:45 - Sep 8 with 42411 viewsElderGrizzly

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 15:43 - Sep 9 with 2167 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 14:15 - Sep 9 by lowhouseblue

i've seen it done to other people with you joining in. i really don't care, but let's call it what it is.

Shall we call it 'nonsense'?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 15:44 - Sep 9 with 2168 viewsNo9

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 15:34 - Sep 9 by lowhouseblue

i do love the idea of politics in the 1970s being a golden age.

I didn't say the 70's was a golden age of politics did I?
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 15:47 - Sep 9 with 2154 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 15:14 - Sep 9 by lowhouseblue

"Oh good, lowhouse is here. Bye everyone "

sure a petty example, but quick to find. my impression is that it's not unusual. but, you're right, i'm not going to trawl through your post history so i'm not going to prove my point.

......meanwhile in a suburban room somewhere near Glasgow.......!

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 15:49 - Sep 9 with 2142 viewslowhouseblue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 15:44 - Sep 9 by No9

I didn't say the 70's was a golden age of politics did I?

i was being mischievous. but you did say it had deteriorated from the 1970s - which suggest the 1970s was a relative high point, whereas many people would see the uk's politics in the 1970s as a very low point all in itself.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 15:51 - Sep 9 with 2149 viewsimsureazzure

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 14:07 - Sep 9 by Gromheort

There is something about the Lib Dems though. We could refer to their lack of principles, such as selling students down the river with 9 grand fees. But I can't help but admire the sense of righteousness. Like the occasion they celebrated the 5p charge on plastic bags in return for agreeing with more attacks on welfare. Very clear! No room for confusion.

Labour has been less clear on Europe, but that reflects the messy business, and innate ambiguity, of holding any deal to the '6 test' test. Even that's a mouthful. Can't see the Telegraph being keen on advertising it...

How clear are labour on allowing, banned propaganda television stations from Iran, filming, what will effectively be the de selection of a pro Israel MP?

What a thoroughly disingenuous bunch of extremists are taking over the party, people who vote for these left wing fascists really need to take a long hard look at themselves.
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 15:54 - Sep 9 with 2145 viewsNo9

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 15:49 - Sep 9 by lowhouseblue

i was being mischievous. but you did say it had deteriorated from the 1970s - which suggest the 1970s was a relative high point, whereas many people would see the uk's politics in the 1970s as a very low point all in itself.

Maybe you are too young to remember the 70's?
It didn't start too well with McCloud as CoE and ended a disaster after the Heath Baber dash for growth but there were opportunities.
A lot of doors opened for those willing & able to take advantage of the opportunities
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 15:57 - Sep 9 with 2133 viewslowhouseblue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 15:31 - Sep 9 by Herbivore

Labelling people anti-Semitic when they don't agree with you is also pretty corrosive of discussion.

i refer you to my previous answer:

"all i've done is call out anti-semitic tropes which fall within the ihra definition. the rest is down to the conscience of those who posted the stuff.

but i'm not getting into an action replay of all that. "

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 16:03 - Sep 9 with 2126 viewsNo9

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 15:51 - Sep 9 by imsureazzure

How clear are labour on allowing, banned propaganda television stations from Iran, filming, what will effectively be the de selection of a pro Israel MP?

What a thoroughly disingenuous bunch of extremists are taking over the party, people who vote for these left wing fascists really need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Just for my info what Iranian TV stations and banned propaganda do you refer to?
Login to get fewer ads

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 16:29 - Sep 9 with 2098 viewsHerbivore

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 15:57 - Sep 9 by lowhouseblue

i refer you to my previous answer:

"all i've done is call out anti-semitic tropes which fall within the ihra definition. the rest is down to the conscience of those who posted the stuff.

but i'm not getting into an action replay of all that. "

Yeah, I don't agree that's what you do but it's there for all to see.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 16:38 - Sep 9 with 2102 viewsGromheort

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 15:51 - Sep 9 by imsureazzure

You're making the Daily Mail look reasoned. Good to have a talent I suppose!
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 16:42 - Sep 9 with 2082 viewslowhouseblue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 16:29 - Sep 9 by Herbivore

Yeah, I don't agree that's what you do but it's there for all to see.

indeed.

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:05 - Sep 9 with 2064 viewsimsureazzure

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 16:38 - Sep 9 by Gromheort

You're making the Daily Mail look reasoned. Good to have a talent I suppose!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/07/banned-iranian-tv-station-gains

Yep, blame the messenger, isn't that the momentum way? Extremists, all of them.
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:08 - Sep 9 with 2060 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Careful not to suggest that they are too pro Israel you don't want to end up being called nasty names!

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:17 - Sep 9 with 2046 viewsGromheort

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:05 - Sep 9 by imsureazzure

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/07/banned-iranian-tv-station-gains

Yep, blame the messenger, isn't that the momentum way? Extremists, all of them.

Can you name a policy pursued by Momentum that you find extreme? It would be good to check whether your political spectrum has become unstable.
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:23 - Sep 9 with 2028 viewssparks

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:17 - Sep 9 by Gromheort

Can you name a policy pursued by Momentum that you find extreme? It would be good to check whether your political spectrum has become unstable.

How about causing physical disruption and agression at meetings?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:26 - Sep 9 with 2020 viewsGromheort

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:23 - Sep 9 by sparks

Haven't seen any. Of course I haven't been invited to any PLP meetings.
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:36 - Sep 9 with 2004 viewsBrixtonBlue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:23 - Sep 9 by sparks

Is that a policy?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:37 - Sep 9 with 2003 viewsimsureazzure

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:17 - Sep 9 by Gromheort

The usurping of sitting MP's who do not share the ideals of the Mao red book.

You remember The book proudly displayed in HOP by the shadow chancellor? The ideology directly responsible for millions of deaths, how the hell can it be defended?

It is happening and will continue to happen, if you are defending extremists you are an extremist.
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:39 - Sep 9 with 1995 viewssparks

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:36 - Sep 9 by BrixtonBlue

Is that a policy?

Seems to be.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:40 - Sep 9 with 1992 viewsBrixtonBlue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:39 - Sep 9 by sparks

Seems to be.

You're being silly.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:44 - Sep 9 with 1985 viewsGromheort

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:37 - Sep 9 by imsureazzure

The usurping of sitting MP's who do not share the ideals of the Mao red book.

You remember The book proudly displayed in HOP by the shadow chancellor? The ideology directly responsible for millions of deaths, how the hell can it be defended?

It is happening and will continue to happen, if you are defending extremists you are an extremist.

Sorry, but your comment comes across just a little ranty! You also have failed to refer to one valid example of extremism.

How many MPs have been deselected? None (those that have left have voluntarily gone to join the V&A, or disppeared after sexual misconduct allegations). Does Momentum support deselections? Nope. It has come out to support the changes proposed by CLPs and Labour International. However, that would change policy from 'negative' deselection to 'positive' democracy. The idea of democracy is jolly popular amongst the membership for some reason...
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:50 - Sep 9 with 1963 viewssparks

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:40 - Sep 9 by BrixtonBlue

You're being silly.

Nope- lots of labour moderates have talked about intimidation and agression.

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:54 - Sep 9 with 1956 viewsGromheort

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:50 - Sep 9 by sparks

Nope- lots of labour moderates have talked about intimidation and agression.

There is no Momentum policy of intimidation. You have no prove of any. If such a policy existed, there would be a significant increase in expulsions.

Do you have anything more credible?
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:56 - Sep 9 with 1948 viewssparks

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:54 - Sep 9 by Gromheort

There is no Momentum policy of intimidation. You have no prove of any. If such a policy existed, there would be a significant increase in expulsions.

Do you have anything more credible?

It is quite clear how momentum operate.

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:57 - Sep 9 with 1945 viewsGromheort

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:56 - Sep 9 by sparks

It is quite clear how momentum operate.

So clear that you don't actually need any evidence? Fascinating argument!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024