Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote 23:45 - Sep 8 with 42417 viewsElderGrizzly

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:08 - Sep 9 with 2676 viewschicoazul

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:54 - Sep 9 by Gromheort

There is no Momentum policy of intimidation. You have no prove of any. If such a policy existed, there would be a significant increase in expulsions.

Do you have anything more credible?

Oh great, you're back.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:13 - Sep 9 with 2662 viewsGromheort

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:08 - Sep 9 by chicoazul

Oh great, you're back.

Been busy campaigning for extremist Rushan cheese.
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:15 - Sep 9 with 2653 viewsimsureazzure

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:44 - Sep 9 by Gromheort

Sorry, but your comment comes across just a little ranty! You also have failed to refer to one valid example of extremism.

How many MPs have been deselected? None (those that have left have voluntarily gone to join the V&A, or disppeared after sexual misconduct allegations). Does Momentum support deselections? Nope. It has come out to support the changes proposed by CLPs and Labour International. However, that would change policy from 'negative' deselection to 'positive' democracy. The idea of democracy is jolly popular amongst the membership for some reason...

The party that was lead by John Smith and of which I was a member is dead, John Smith thought he had destroyed the left wing fascists but they have returned and are intent on gaining their revenge.

By 78 year old mum is no longer a member, withdrawing her membership in the last 18 months, she was a junior member at 15, an activist for Bridge ward, selected to meet Roy Hattersley when he visited Ipswich, these are the people the extremists have driven out and away from the Labour party.

Yep it is a rant, and you will never gain power.
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:17 - Sep 9 with 2640 viewschicoazul

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:13 - Sep 9 by Gromheort

Been busy campaigning for extremist Rushan cheese.

You're immensely boring.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:18 - Sep 9 with 2631 viewsGromheort

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:17 - Sep 9 by chicoazul

You're immensely boring.

You bothered to type that in? I'm touched.
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:19 - Sep 9 with 2621 viewschicoazul

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:18 - Sep 9 by Gromheort

You bothered to type that in? I'm touched.

Oh we know.

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:23 - Sep 9 with 2607 viewsGromheort

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:19 - Sep 9 by chicoazul

Oh we know.

Joint honours in Wit and Bricklaying at UoS finally paying off. God bless you!
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:25 - Sep 9 with 2593 viewsGromheort

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:15 - Sep 9 by imsureazzure

The party that was lead by John Smith and of which I was a member is dead, John Smith thought he had destroyed the left wing fascists but they have returned and are intent on gaining their revenge.

By 78 year old mum is no longer a member, withdrawing her membership in the last 18 months, she was a junior member at 15, an activist for Bridge ward, selected to meet Roy Hattersley when he visited Ipswich, these are the people the extremists have driven out and away from the Labour party.

Yep it is a rant, and you will never gain power.

Sad to see your mum leave. But membership is through the roof. Over half a million and still counting up.

You haven't referred to one extremist policy yet. Surely you don't think increased democracy is extremist?
Login to get fewer ads

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:26 - Sep 9 with 2589 viewsimsureazzure

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:23 - Sep 9 by Gromheort

Joint honours in Wit and Bricklaying at UoS finally paying off. God bless you!

Problem with bricklaying?
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:26 - Sep 9 with 2585 viewsGromheort

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:26 - Sep 9 by imsureazzure

Why didn't you ask if I had a problem with wit?
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:27 - Sep 9 with 2577 viewsimsureazzure

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:26 - Sep 9 by Gromheort

Why didn't you ask if I had a problem with wit?

Because he doesn't, do you see bricklaying as beneath you?
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:28 - Sep 9 with 2571 viewsGromheort

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:27 - Sep 9 by imsureazzure

Because he doesn't, do you see bricklaying as beneath you?

Depends on the height of the wall one would think
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:31 - Sep 9 with 2553 viewsBrixtonBlue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:56 - Sep 9 by sparks

It is quite clear how momentum operate.

Hilarious. You're always so big on "evidence" Bully!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:38 - Sep 9 with 2529 viewschicoazul

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:26 - Sep 9 by imsureazzure

He missed the part in Das Kapital about not mocking another persons labour. You can always tell the Marxists who dont like that bit.

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:43 - Sep 9 with 2506 viewslowhouseblue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:28 - Sep 9 by Gromheort

Depends on the height of the wall one would think

i appreciate that these things are organised according to a strict rota, and all that's above your pay grade, but couldn't we have zed rodgers back instead?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:52 - Sep 9 with 2477 viewsGromheort

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:38 - Sep 9 by chicoazul

He missed the part in Das Kapital about not mocking another persons labour. You can always tell the Marxists who dont like that bit.

Never been a Marxist, but great to see that you're well read. Perhaps you can help the other fellows who have struggled to refer to an extremist policy?
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:52 - Sep 9 with 2474 viewsStokieBlue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 12:08 - Sep 9 by Gromheort

It isn't. Corbyn hasn't made any decision on a 2nd vote. It makes sense for him to wait and see where the Tory stupidity goes.

There is a high chance of a 'no deal' outcome. In those circumstances, given Labour's 6 tests, I'd be surprised if they didn't support that vote.

That is technically true.

However hasn't he also said the brexit vote must be respected? Further to that hasn't he always been anti-EU?

He's had plenty of time to oppose brexit if he wanted to, instead he tells his MPs to abstain and lets the Tories continue to mess it up. Even just making the votes close applies pressure which could help. This alone has been a pretty inexcusable approach to brexit in my opinion.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:52 - Sep 9 with 2464 viewsHerbivore

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:43 - Sep 9 by lowhouseblue

i appreciate that these things are organised according to a strict rota, and all that's above your pay grade, but couldn't we have zed rodgers back instead?

Isn't the suggestion that someone is a Momentum plant rather an attempt to corrode debate? You were against that a few hours ago.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:55 - Sep 9 with 2467 viewssparks

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:52 - Sep 9 by StokieBlue

However hasn't he also said the brexit vote must be respected? Further to that hasn't he always been anti-EU?

He's had plenty of time to oppose brexit if he wanted to, instead he tells his MPs to abstain and lets the Tories continue to mess it up. Even just making the votes close applies pressure which could help. This alone has been a pretty inexcusable approach to brexit in my opinion.

SB

Hasnt he kicked out senior colleagues who had the nerve to say it would be a good idea?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:55 - Sep 9 with 2466 viewsGromheort

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:52 - Sep 9 by StokieBlue

SB

He certainly comes from a Bennite tradition on Europe. That changed when he was convinced the working classes would be better off by staying within the EU (and more radical change within its apparatus was possible). I personally thought he was wrong, but I'm a minority in the party.
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 19:10 - Sep 9 with 2423 viewslowhouseblue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:52 - Sep 9 by Herbivore

Isn't the suggestion that someone is a Momentum plant rather an attempt to corrode debate? You were against that a few hours ago.

it's true. fair point. it was intended as a joke - but you are right.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 20:04 - Sep 9 with 2376 viewsBrixtonBlue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:43 - Sep 9 by lowhouseblue

So me jokingly saying I'm leaving when you turned up is bullying... but this to Grom is perfectly fine?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 20:23 - Sep 9 with 2345 viewsBluesquid

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 17:05 - Sep 9 by imsureazzure

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/07/banned-iranian-tv-station-gains

Yep, blame the messenger, isn't that the momentum way? Extremists, all of them.

"one of which was intended to influence Labour party policy, while appearing to obscure their links to Israel."

Oh dear.

"One former minister in David Cameron’s government said the embassy’s efforts to exert improper influence on British public life went far further than any plot to “take down” unhelpful members of parliament."

Writing anonymously in the Mail on Sunday, the former minister said: “British foreign policy is in hock to Israeli influence at the heart of our politics, and those in authority have ignored what is going on.

“For years the CFI and LFI have worked with — even for — the Israeli embassy to promote Israeli policy and thwart UK government policy and the actions of ministers who try to defend Palestinian rights.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/08/israeli-diplomat-shai-masot-plotte
Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 20:54 - Sep 9 with 2302 viewslowhouseblue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 20:04 - Sep 9 by BrixtonBlue

So me jokingly saying I'm leaving when you turned up is bullying... but this to Grom is perfectly fine?

yes, you're right, i shouldn't have made a joke about gromfart.

let's all be nice.

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 20:56 - Sep 9 with 2298 viewslowhouseblue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote on 18:52 - Sep 9 by Gromheort

Never been a Marxist, but great to see that you're well read. Perhaps you can help the other fellows who have struggled to refer to an extremist policy?

does momentum have 'policies'? wouldn't that make it 'a party within the party' and therefore be against party rules?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024