Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Voting on forums... 13:39 - Sep 13 with 5667 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Does anyone else think that posters who repeatedly down vote without commenting on threads or upvote the negative comments of others perhaps have a pre disposition to passive aggressive tendencies!
Down vote away folks !

Edit......what a passive agressive lot the non commenting down voters amongst you are!
[Post edited 14 Sep 2018 9:41]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Voting on forums... on 13:45 - Sep 13 with 3562 viewsSuperfrans

I've never fully understood why down/up-voting means so much to people.

It's like people who get upset when they are unfollowed on Twitter and endlessly analyse their analytics. Why?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Voting on forums... on 13:49 - Sep 13 with 3546 viewsSpruceMoose

Voting on forums... on 13:45 - Sep 13 by Superfrans

It's like people who get upset when they are unfollowed on Twitter and endlessly analyse their analytics. Why?

It's always those people who get the hump and call other people snowflakes who seem to be bothered by it the most!

Weirdos! Wear your downvotes like a shield against the ignorance of your fellow posters!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Voting on forums... on 14:17 - Sep 13 with 3499 viewsGlasgowBlue

What about people who both upvote and downvote the same post? Now that will get you completely paranoid.

What's happening maaaaaaaaaaaaan? Heavy!
[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 14:18]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Voting on forums... on 14:19 - Sep 13 with 3493 viewsbluewein

Voting on forums... on 14:17 - Sep 13 by GlasgowBlue

What about people who both upvote and downvote the same post? Now that will get you completely paranoid.

What's happening maaaaaaaaaaaaan? Heavy!
[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 14:18]

People who say "stupid thumbs" ...? They know what they're doing...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Voting on forums... on 14:22 - Sep 13 with 3474 viewsGlasgowBlue

Voting on forums... on 14:19 - Sep 13 by bluewein

People who say "stupid thumbs" ...? They know what they're doing...

Mastubating with some discomfort?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Voting on forums... on 14:22 - Sep 13 with 3475 viewsMattinLondon

No. I have never thought that.

Up and until very recently I thought that Gibraltar was an island just off the coast of Spain rather than sharing a land border with it. But I’ve never thought about what you mentioned in your post.
Voting on forums... on 14:24 - Sep 13 with 3471 viewsstickymockwell

Done!

Now to kick ten bells out of the family.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Voting on forums... on 14:26 - Sep 13 with 3468 viewsbluewein

Voting on forums... on 14:22 - Sep 13 by GlasgowBlue

Mastubating with some discomfort?

I laughed harder than I should have at that...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Login to get fewer ads

on 15:53 - Sep 13 with 3415 views_

Voting on forums... on 15:57 - Sep 13 with 3401 viewsSwansea_Blue

Voting on forums... on 13:45 - Sep 13 by Superfrans

Do people really do that? And I thought I was a sad barstool for spending so much time on here....

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Voting on forums... on 16:08 - Sep 13 with 3375 viewsRyorry

on 15:53 - Sep 13 by _

Same here.

And the complainers seem to somehow overlook that on balance, most (except trolls, obv) get far more upvotes from me than they do downvotes.

The overall total's become pretty meaningless anyway since Gav's "pruning" has resulted in most long-term regulars losing several thousand - 5-6K off mine iirc. I've always said and still think that there shouldn't be a cumulative total - only votes for each individual post/thread. The accumulated total means that the system's open to abuse from people with an agenda against other people they've taken a dislike to.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Voting on forums... on 16:20 - Sep 13 with 3355 viewsblueislander

I have never up or down voted a post. If you have an opinion, express it.
Voting on forums... on 16:25 - Sep 13 with 3342 viewsRyorry

Voting on forums... on 16:20 - Sep 13 by blueislander

Did you read the bit about not having time to write out a reply?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Voting on forums... on 16:28 - Sep 13 with 3336 viewsWeWereZombies

Voting on forums... on 16:20 - Sep 13 by blueislander

That's actually very sound advice, I would have upvoted it but I have decided to follow it instead.

How do you feel about polls?

Only I am thinking of starting one on whether we should get rid of the voting buttons.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Voting on forums... on 16:31 - Sep 13 with 3327 viewsPJH

Voting on forums... on 16:28 - Sep 13 by WeWereZombies

That's actually very sound advice, I would have upvoted it but I have decided to follow it instead.

Only I am thinking of starting one on whether we should get rid of the voting buttons.

How about a poll to decide if we should have a poll about getting rid of the voting buttons-we don't want to be too hasty.
Voting on forums... on 16:34 - Sep 13 with 3318 viewsWeWereZombies

Voting on forums... on 16:31 - Sep 13 by PJH

How about a poll to decide if we should have a poll about getting rid of the voting buttons-we don't want to be too hasty.

I'll wait and see how many upvotes I get on my poll suggestion then.

Voting on forums... on 16:38 - Sep 13 with 3311 viewsblueislander

Voting on forums... on 16:25 - Sep 13 by Ryorry

Did you read the bit about not having time to write out a reply?

Not before I made my post, but I stand by it
Voting on forums... on 16:38 - Sep 13 with 3311 viewsPJH

Voting on forums... on 16:34 - Sep 13 by WeWereZombies

I'll wait and see how many upvotes I get on my poll suggestion then.

It was raining on Skye on Monday, at least on the little bit of Skye that I visited.

Don't think you will get an upvote from blueislander because he does not do them.
Voting on forums... on 16:47 - Sep 13 with 3291 viewshoppy

Voting on forums... on 14:26 - Sep 13 by bluewein

I laughed harder than I should have at that...

Why? Put you off your stroke?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Voting on forums... on 16:50 - Sep 13 with 3288 viewsWeWereZombies

Voting on forums... on 16:38 - Sep 13 by PJH

It was raining on Skye on Monday, at least on the little bit of Skye that I visited.

Don't think you will get an upvote from blueislander because he does not do them.

Not been the greatest weather here since I got back a couple of weeks ago. I have still managed to do some outdoor stuff though, including capsizing the kayak between Skye and Raasay. Help was at hand though and I was back in the boat in three minutes, pretty vital to do ambitious trips as part of a group. We circumnavigated Scalpay last Saturday, which is probably why I am too knackered to remember what I was up to on Monday.

Voting on forums... on 16:56 - Sep 13 with 3277 viewsPJH

Voting on forums... on 16:50 - Sep 13 by WeWereZombies

Not been the greatest weather here since I got back a couple of weeks ago. I have still managed to do some outdoor stuff though, including capsizing the kayak between Skye and Raasay. Help was at hand though and I was back in the boat in three minutes, pretty vital to do ambitious trips as part of a group. We circumnavigated Scalpay last Saturday, which is probably why I am too knackered to remember what I was up to on Monday.

Whilst you were circumnavigating Scalpay I was in Inverness, very warm and sunny at the time-Inverness not me(or maybe both).

We had supposed to have gone on the ferry from Mallaig to Armadale on Monday and then coach and back over the bridge but as ferries were cancelled we went over the bridge both ways and went as far as Broadford where we spent about an hour and then a brief stop at Kyleakin on the way back to the bridge.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 17:10]
Voting on forums... on 17:08 - Sep 13 with 3255 viewsWeWereZombies

Voting on forums... on 16:56 - Sep 13 by PJH

Whilst you were circumnavigating Scalpay I was in Inverness, very warm and sunny at the time-Inverness not me(or maybe both).

We had supposed to have gone on the ferry from Mallaig to Armadale on Monday and then coach and back over the bridge but as ferries were cancelled we went over the bridge both ways and went as far as Broadford where we spent about an hour and then a brief stop at Kyleakin on the way back to the bridge.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 17:10]

Was in Broadford (and Kyle of Lochalsh) last Friday waiting for the BBC weather to clear up before I tackled a wee hill called Beinn na Seamraig from the Kylerhea road. On the way down I gave a lift to a couple of Belgian hitchhikers who told me they were going to get a train to Edinburgh after the ferry. So I had to explain that they were on the road to the little ferry to Glenelg which has a dozen houses and a pub. They needed the road to Armadale and the Calmac, and I had just taken them two miles even further in the wrong direction.

Voting on forums... on 17:16 - Sep 13 with 3239 viewsPJH

Voting on forums... on 17:08 - Sep 13 by WeWereZombies

Was in Broadford (and Kyle of Lochalsh) last Friday waiting for the BBC weather to clear up before I tackled a wee hill called Beinn na Seamraig from the Kylerhea road. On the way down I gave a lift to a couple of Belgian hitchhikers who told me they were going to get a train to Edinburgh after the ferry. So I had to explain that they were on the road to the little ferry to Glenelg which has a dozen houses and a pub. They needed the road to Armadale and the Calmac, and I had just taken them two miles even further in the wrong direction.

Maybe we should be doing this by PM but I don't suppose that anyone else is reading it.

My only experience of hill walking/mountaineering was in June this year when I ended up on top of Ben A'an in The Trossachs-have you done that one?

It started as a walk and ended as climbing.
Voting on forums... on 17:22 - Sep 13 with 3230 viewscaught-in-limbo

Voting on forums... on 16:28 - Sep 13 by WeWereZombies

I found that really funny, so looked to see if anyone else had, saw you had no upvotes and assumed that either I am alone in appreciating your post, or everyone has followed the same advice as you and I have.

Anyway...

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Voting on forums... on 17:30 - Sep 13 with 3220 viewsWeWereZombies

Voting on forums... on 17:22 - Sep 13 by caught-in-limbo

I found that really funny, so looked to see if anyone else had, saw you had no upvotes and assumed that either I am alone in appreciating your post, or everyone has followed the same advice as you and I have.

Anyway...

So you upvoted my post? I just checked and I am still on zero, that means someone has downvoted me! I'm really upset now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024