Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... 14:47 - Sep 19 with 8191 viewsTNBlue

Happy with how things are going with the new guy?
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 14:51 - Sep 19 with 4386 viewsBlueRaider

We're bottom so of course not, but there are signs of improvement.

The issue of hounding out McCarthy (I did join in the 'you're football is s$%t' chants, but nothing else) is not intrinsically linked. That relationship had run its course and was decaying the club. In my view he needed to go.

Whether or not Hurst is the right replacement should be looked at longer term than just a knee jerk after 8 games

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 14:55 - Sep 19 with 4371 viewsTNBlue

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 14:51 - Sep 19 by BlueRaider

The issue of hounding out McCarthy (I did join in the 'you're football is s$%t' chants, but nothing else) is not intrinsically linked. That relationship had run its course and was decaying the club. In my view he needed to go.

Whether or not Hurst is the right replacement should be looked at longer term than just a knee jerk after 8 games

Mick was not the problem IMO. The problem is the lack of ambition and investment from the top. Perhaps "Your investment is sh1t" would have been a more worthwhile chant to sing?
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 14:56 - Sep 19 with 4356 viewsCurrie10

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 14:51 - Sep 19 by BlueRaider

You've lost me with signs of improvement.

We're bottom.

We're winless.
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:00 - Sep 19 with 4328 viewsFrimleyBlue

Again

Happy Mick went, yes it was time

Happy with Hurst, no, not ready for this level

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:07 - Sep 19 with 4303 viewscobbler

Your on the wrong site mate you
You need the ‘why ain’t McCarthy got a job yet’
I can answer that also because he is washed up no one wants his type of football manager.
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:12 - Sep 19 with 4282 viewsGuthrum

I was firmly Mick In (apart from the needless riling of fans), but what exactly are posts like this supposed to achieve? All it does is sow further division at a time when that's the last thing we need.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 15:12]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:13 - Sep 19 with 4241 viewsBenters2

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 14:55 - Sep 19 by TNBlue

Mick was not the problem IMO. The problem is the lack of ambition and investment from the top. Perhaps "Your investment is sh1t" would have been a more worthwhile chant to sing?

That chant wouldn’t have worked at Norwich would it!
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:16 - Sep 19 with 4228 viewsBenters2

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:12 - Sep 19 by Guthrum

I was firmly Mick In (apart from the needless riling of fans), but what exactly are posts like this supposed to achieve? All it does is sow further division at a time when that's the last thing we need.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 15:12]

He hated the Numbskulls as much as they in the end hated him!
Login to get fewer ads

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:23 - Sep 19 with 4219 viewsGuthrum

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:16 - Sep 19 by Benters2

Could have done more to defuse rather than stoke up the situation. But that's water under the bridge now.

Shouting "Be careful what you wished for" when we got a bright, up-and-coming manager who nearly won promotion to the Champ last season and who recruited a crop of hungry talent from lower divisions (probably the best that could have been hoped for), just because it hasn't instantly worked out, is rather silly. Plus opening old wounds and setting fans one against the other at a time when maximising unity of support is of huge importance.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:27 - Sep 19 with 4198 viewsRob88

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 14:55 - Sep 19 by TNBlue

I think we asked him to move on too soon. I would like to have seen him given some money to spend, if there was no improvement then I think the relationship would have run its course and he should have moved on.
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:29 - Sep 19 with 4194 viewsBinner

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:16 - Sep 19 by Benters2

I don't think for a second that he hated them. Just saw them as big mouthed thickoes. More likely felt sorry for them.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:29 - Sep 19 with 4189 viewsFrimleyBlue

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:27 - Sep 19 by Rob88

I think we asked him to move on too soon. I would like to have seen him given some money to spend, if there was no improvement then I think the relationship would have run its course and he should have moved on.

He had money to spend and he used it wisely

What we needed was someone to come and take what he built up and add a little bit of spark to it.

Not, what we've got now.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:37 - Sep 19 with 4160 viewsRob88

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:29 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

He had money to spend and he used it wisely

What we needed was someone to come and take what he built up and add a little bit of spark to it.

Not, what we've got now.

*more money to spend
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:39 - Sep 19 with 4152 viewsLeagueOne

Let's be frank it was time for Mick to go, i'd have much rather a more dignified exit as I genuinely rated him as a manager but Evans having him hanging on here in half life mode caused even more friction and he was right to sack it off when he did.

Hurst probably wouldn't have been my choice to replace him with but we are where we are with it . If things haven't improved by next month I don't see him being here very long to be honest.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:53 - Sep 19 with 4090 viewsEireannach_gorm

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:07 - Sep 19 by cobbler

Your on the wrong site mate you
You need the ‘why ain’t McCarthy got a job yet’
I can answer that also because he is washed up no one wants his type of football manager.

Logged in from Bali to down vote you. 'His type of football' was good enough for us when it got us to the playoffs. 'His type of football' was lauded by all and sundry when we were competing on a shoestring. While 'His type of football' was mind numbing in the last few years there was little respect given to him for previous achievements. It was particularly nasty when he had already handed his notice. Unfortunately numbskull rule. Hurst is next up.
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:54 - Sep 19 with 4080 viewsKieran_Knows

Hounded? Give it a rest, we’re Ipswich Town, not Leeds or Birmingham ffs.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 16:01 - Sep 19 with 4040 viewsNazemariner

Shut up you lemon!
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 16:02 - Sep 19 with 4025 viewsPJH

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:54 - Sep 19 by Kieran_Knows

Hounded? Give it a rest, we’re Ipswich Town, not Leeds or Birmingham ffs.

We could be Birmingham because they have not won yet either.
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 16:22 - Sep 19 with 3961 viewsrickw

Fans will generally put up with sh!t football whilst it's getting results, and fans will put up with more poor results if the football is entertaining. With the way the attendances were dropping it was completely clear Mick had to go - and it was always going to be a gamble....

PH has made mistakes so far - too many transfers I think, and we all knew (well anyone with half a brain) it would take time to adjust and change style to bring results. Yes so far the results have been worse than we expected, but the 2nd half last night was positive - let's hope that's the turning point and we can beat Bolton on Saturday.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 16:29 - Sep 19 with 3927 viewsSoleBayBlue

obviously not happy with the current situation, much as the first half last night. But its far too early to start saying Hurst has failed. He deserves the chance to get things right, hopefully the second half showed that.

What if Mick had still been here? Would things have been any different. He'd still have had to sell Waghorn, Garner, McGoldrick and Webster, people seem quick to forget they all wanted out. Who would he have signed to replace them.

But that is all irrelevant, Hurst is the manager and we should be backing him and the players to turn things around not the constant pathetic point scoring from either side.
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 16:48 - Sep 19 with 3872 viewsshamboy

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:23 - Sep 19 by Guthrum

Could have done more to defuse rather than stoke up the situation. But that's water under the bridge now.

Shouting "Be careful what you wished for" when we got a bright, up-and-coming manager who nearly won promotion to the Champ last season and who recruited a crop of hungry talent from lower divisions (probably the best that could have been hoped for), just because it hasn't instantly worked out, is rather silly. Plus opening old wounds and setting fans one against the other at a time when maximising unity of support is of huge importance.

"the best we could have hoped for'. Ahem! Were you watching Romaine Sawyers and Ollie Watkins last night at all?
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 16:56 - Sep 19 with 3828 viewsblue75

I don’t think he was hounded out. He was told his football was Sh1te and a few other things football related during games. I never heard any of this vile personal abuse he received the media go on about it, but no one has said what abuse he received. I sure it’s nothing like you would get at a club like Leeds or Newcastle after all our fans are like zombies.

Poll: Should McCarthy be sacked after telling Ipswich fans where to go?

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 16:59 - Sep 19 with 3800 viewsBenters2

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 15:29 - Sep 19 by Binner

I don't think for a second that he hated them. Just saw them as big mouthed thickoes. More likely felt sorry for them.

The hatred in his face shouting F OFF at Norwich proves that wrong.
So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 17:05 - Sep 19 with 3781 viewsSpruceMoose

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 16:59 - Sep 19 by Benters2

You don't half talk out of your arras, Skiddy.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 17:05 - Sep 19 with 3780 viewsDarth_Koont

So... those of you who hounded out Mick Mcarthy... on 16:59 - Sep 19 by Benters2

The people singing that at Carrow Road were scum that day. Literally and figuratively.

Deeply embarrassing thickos.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024