Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like 22:18 - Oct 2 with 6215 viewsjasondozzell

Brum and all the rest. Weirdly enjoying this season despite the worrying and lack of win so far.
I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:19 - Oct 2 with 3439 viewsBlackboots

What are you enjoying about it?

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:20 - Oct 2 with 3416 viewsDanTheMan

I can't even.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:20 - Oct 2 with 3417 viewsHorseboy

Unbelievable Jeff
I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:21 - Oct 2 with 3403 viewsskyblue23

If Hurst were to be sacked it’s not chopping and changing. McCarthys time came to an end, we employed hurst, it’s isnt working and need to move on. I’d rather go for somebody else (me personally wanting burley) and then if we stay up be able to see championship football than get relegated but say “at least we stuck by Hurst”

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:21 - Oct 2 with 3400 viewsjasondozzell

Good character second half. I think we have enough to start up. Hurst is a good coach, widely admired for what he has achieved. If we can't even back him for a season we don't deserve success.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 22:26]
I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:22 - Oct 2 with 3390 viewsphillev231069

Obviously you like watching your team not win! Strange.
I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:22 - Oct 2 with 3382 viewsEly_Blue

If we were playing well but being beaten by playing good football or by having a go but being outclassed then I could understand your logic, however we have been poor for most games with the exception of a few halves of football vs scum, Brentford and brum.

I am not sure what you are enjoying about it?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:22 - Oct 2 with 3379 viewsSomethingBlue

This is very, very Brexity. There is nothing enjoyable about this and the priority must be not to go down, which would be a catastrophe.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:23 - Oct 2 with 3352 viewsjasondozzell

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:19 - Oct 2 by Blackboots

What are you enjoying about it?

Really enjoyed Villa, Norwich and Blackburn. Enjoyable seeing new players and the battle to create something. I think we will improve and looking forward to seeing team emerge.
I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:23 - Oct 2 with 3339 viewsjas0999

Relegation would be a disaster. Debatable if this team is good enough for league one.
I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:24 - Oct 2 with 3309 viewsEly_Blue

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:23 - Oct 2 by jasondozzell

Really enjoyed Villa, Norwich and Blackburn. Enjoyable seeing new players and the battle to create something. I think we will improve and looking forward to seeing team emerge.

The last of those 3 games was a month ago, we have gone backwards since then even against weaker teams

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:26 - Oct 2 with 3272 viewsjasondozzell

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:22 - Oct 2 by Ely_Blue

If we were playing well but being beaten by playing good football or by having a go but being outclassed then I could understand your logic, however we have been poor for most games with the exception of a few halves of football vs scum, Brentford and brum.

I am not sure what you are enjoying about it?

Blackburn, Villa, Rotherham, Norwich, Wed were all decent performances. If we give up on Hurst after 11 games what's the point? If the next manager doesn't have us firing in 11 games do we sack him too?
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 22:33]
I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:27 - Oct 2 with 3249 viewsEly_Blue

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:26 - Oct 2 by jasondozzell

Blackburn, Villa, Rotherham, Norwich, Wed were all decent performances. If we give up on Hurst after 11 games what's the point? If the next manager doesn't have us firing in 11 games do we sack him too?
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 22:33]

I will say again, the last of the games you mention was a month ago, rather than gelling more and improving we have gone backwards

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:27 - Oct 2 with 3243 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:21 - Oct 2 by jasondozzell

Good character second half. I think we have enough to start up. Hurst is a good coach, widely admired for what he has achieved. If we can't even back him for a season we don't deserve success.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 22:26]

I’m not worried about the second half against Boro, they’re a premier league team, full of millions of pounds.

I’m worried about the fact that we couldn’t break a team like Bolton with 10 men down at home.
Or getting an absolute pasting away at Hull
Or getting beat away Rotherham
Or being bottom of the Cbampionship after the 11 games
Or having a 4 strikers who have scored 1 goal between them
Or a squad who is full of absolutely no quality/no passion/no pride/no desire

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:27 - Oct 2 with 3245 viewsSitfcB

Maybe if people supported Mick we wouldn’t have had to change him.

I’m sure Sir Alex and Sir Bobby had their bad times during lengthy spells at their respective clubs.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:28 - Oct 2 with 3240 viewsjasondozzell

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:24 - Oct 2 by Ely_Blue

The last of those 3 games was a month ago, we have gone backwards since then even against weaker teams

I agree - team is unsurprisingly short of confidence. A win and things look different.
I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:28 - Oct 2 with 3228 viewsJDB23

If we went down it would be the end of us. We'd be a Coventry stuck in the 3rd tier playing in front of a 1/3's full stadium and all our talented youth sold off.
I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:30 - Oct 2 with 3202 viewsjasondozzell

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:27 - Oct 2 by Ely_Blue

I will say again, the last of the games you mention was a month ago, rather than gelling more and improving we have gone backwards

I would agree with you, but we have had bad luck and inevitably are nervous. I don't think it's any surprise that we are lacking in confidence.
I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:30 - Oct 2 with 3202 viewsEly_Blue

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:28 - Oct 2 by jasondozzell

I agree - team is unsurprisingly short of confidence. A win and things look different.

And have you seen any signs of that win coming any time soon?

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:32 - Oct 2 with 3190 viewsBloomBlue

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:21 - Oct 2 by skyblue23

If Hurst were to be sacked it’s not chopping and changing. McCarthys time came to an end, we employed hurst, it’s isnt working and need to move on. I’d rather go for somebody else (me personally wanting burley) and then if we stay up be able to see championship football than get relegated but say “at least we stuck by Hurst”

But if you sack him after 11 games and a new manager isn't doing great after the next 11 why would you stick with that manager until the end of the season surely you would also sack him after 11 games?
I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:32 - Oct 2 with 3186 viewsjasondozzell

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:30 - Oct 2 by Ely_Blue

And have you seen any signs of that win coming any time soon?

This is not a Jewell era side getting whalloped every week . There's been enough to suggest we can win with games with this side and make progress.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 22:34]
I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:34 - Oct 2 with 3146 viewspointofblue

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:27 - Oct 2 by SitfcB

Maybe if people supported Mick we wouldn’t have had to change him.

I’m sure Sir Alex and Sir Bobby had their bad times during lengthy spells at their respective clubs.

Not that I want to relight this particular flame but Mick hardly helped himself in terms of the relationship with the fans.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:35 - Oct 2 with 3131 viewsartsbossbeard

Comical Ali has had a sherry.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:37 - Oct 2 with 3107 viewsEly_Blue

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:32 - Oct 2 by jasondozzell

This is not a Jewell era side getting whalloped every week . There's been enough to suggest we can win with games with this side and make progress.

No true it’s not a Jewell era side, they looked like they could lose every game 3-2, whereas now we don’t look like scoring 1 let alone 2 or 3

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:40 - Oct 2 with 3073 viewsBlueBadger

I would rather back Hurst and get relegated than chop and change manager like on 22:32 - Oct 2 by jasondozzell

No, it's closer to the Keane era with an utterly toothless side that don't even look remotely like scoring. Hell, we've even had an utterly feeble home performance against a side from the North East in front of the Sky cameras.
We only avoided a 4-0 humiliation because 'boro didn't need to get out of second gear to keep us out.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024