Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Through & Through 15:20 - Oct 22 with 3958 viewsBrixtonBlue

If we are to change manager, Evans needs to try something he hasn’t tried yet.

We’ve tried younger managers (Keane, Hurst), we’ve tried the old experienced heads (Jewell, McCarthy).

Now I believe we need a management team that will unite the club from top to bottom, that know what it is to be Ipswich, that have a real passion for the club, that EVERY supporter would get behind, but also that would be respected by the players, that would get the players fighting for them and themselves.

The tag line for the marketing would be Blue, Through & Through - which would not only reflect the management team and the joined up thinking throughout the club, but would also tug on the heartstrings of every true Ipswich supporter: come and support us if you’re Blue Through & Through.

That management team would be George Burley, assisted by Terry Butcher and Kieron Dyer.

The pros:

All 3 know the club inside out. They all watch almost every game and so know the players, and more importantly know what’s going wrong. There would be no ‘getting up to speed’ period.

Burley has done it before. He has the experience. He knows what is needed, knows the types of players we need, knows how to get the best out of limited players - because he’s already done it. And with quality football.

The stay aways would, I believe, flood back. This is a management team they really could support. It would tug on the heartstrings (the management team on one front and questioning if you’re blue through and through on the other as well) so Portman Road would be rocking, which in turn helps the team.

You’d have a ready-made replacement for the future after Burley in Kieron. And imagine him working with our midfielders, imparting his knowledge of the game.

When it comes to defensive knowledge, who better than Butcher? He’s done it for England. A true leader… epitomised in our current captain who also shows the ‘blue through and through’ characteristics of desire and passion for the club.

With limited funds and a limited current squad we need something extra. Something money can’t buy. People might scoff at nostalgia but it has it’s place. It is a legitimate tool. It would give us an edge that other clubs don’t have.

Also, due to limited funds as much as anything, we need to use the youth. Kieron has been coaching the youth. And Burley has a proven track record of bringing through the youth. Darren Bent recently described Burley as the best manager he’s ever worked with, when he was a youth.

In terms of uniting the fans, the marketing of Blue Through & Through would work at every level. It would be a rallying call. Young fans would want to join this movement to show they are blue through and through. The OAPs, I’d immediately restore their discounted season tickets because no-one’s more blue through and through than them. I’d feature supporters who have Ipswich tattoos to show they’re blue through and through - and encourage more! I’d get local businesses involved - show you’re blue through and through. Discounts for ST holders etc. Get the whole town pulling in the same direction.

Our stadium announcer is blue through and through. These are the sorts of people we need and would make more of. Even our very own Phil Ham - Blue Through & Through.

And it would be the perfect appointment for Evans too - totally taking the heat off him, uniting everyone AND would be relatively cheap compared to pretty much every other option.

The cons:

Burley’s been out of the game for a while. Is this so relevant though? He probably still has loads of contacts throughout the game and he certainly won’t have forgotten how to man-manage and coach. We could keep the sports science team in place. Kieron has worked on his coaching badges recently, so if there ARE new-fangled ways of coaching that could be used, he’ll be up to speed.

Knowledge of lower leagues - you couldn’t ask for much more in that department with Hurst and where has that got us? Meanwhile Farke up the road had no knowledge of them but he seems to have done alright.

It might not work and would sour our memories of 3 greats. We are so desperate now, I’m not sure how much of an issue that would be anymore. If they couldn’t save us we’d thank them for their efforts. None of what we have now is of their doing.

I just think with Blue Through & Through and 3 Ipswich legends at the helm we have little to lose (that we haven’t lost already), and so much potentially to gain.

I’m Blue Through & Through. Are you?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Blue Through & Through on 16:31 - Oct 22 with 1320 viewsReuser_is_God

Blue Through & Through on 16:29 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

I wouldnt though mate. The championship is a much tougher league than any of his previous and honestly it would have been to much of a gamble for me.

Stop being a tit.

There are plenty of reasons why Hurst isn't up to the job at ITFC, his previous record as a manger isn't one of them.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Blue Through & Through on 16:31 - Oct 22 with 1314 viewsBrixtonBlue

Blue Through & Through on 16:23 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

The job is a poisoned chalice under Evans. I don't want to see three legends thrown under the bus. It would end badly. We have a growing section of supporters who take pride in turning early and even those three wouldn't be immune. It's a massive no from me.

I'd rather we gave Nash a chance. He's apparently highly rated and seems to be ready for a management job somewhere.

"It would end badly".

Don't see why, necessarily. I see plenty saying that but not a lot of reasoning why. You haven't given a reason here, for example.

And as it stands it's ending badly anyway. What have we got to lose?

Nash is an interesting one, though, I agree. I don't know enough about him to know if he's ready for the big job to be honest.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Blue Through & Through on 16:32 - Oct 22 with 1311 viewsMoriarty

The job is a poisoned chalice under Evans. I don't want to see three legends thrown under the bus. It would end badly. We have a growing section of supporters who take pride in turning early and even those three wouldn't be immune. It's a massive no from me.

I'd rather we gave Nash a chance. He's apparently highly rated and seems to be ready for a management job somewhere.

Which is why we back GB and TB. Whatever happens or whatever they say. A step towards getting our club back?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 16:38]

fka omuircheartaigh

Blue Through & Through on 16:33 - Oct 22 with 1310 viewsITFC_Forever

Blue Through & Through on 16:29 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

No need to rewrite history - Hurst had an excellent record and nearly worked an absolute miracle at Swansea last season.

Their points total would've been enough to go straight up nearly every season but were so unfortunate that they had 2 excellent sides in the league in Blackurn and Wigan - plus he took them to a cup final.

On paper it was a very good appointment, but it has been managed badly by Evans giving them free reign to come in and rip it up

(Shrewsbury, not Swansea)

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Blue Through & Through on 16:33 - Oct 22 with 1311 viewsitfcjoe

Blue Through & Through on 16:29 - Oct 22 by Reuser_is_God

Does he want to be back in day to day on the training ground though? I'm not sure he would but I'm guessing you may know different?

I'd just love him back in any capacity to be honest.

I'm only basing that on him openly applying for the job

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Blue Through & Through on 16:34 - Oct 22 with 1306 viewsdavblue

Blue Through & Through on 16:31 - Oct 22 by Reuser_is_God

Stop being a tit.

There are plenty of reasons why Hurst isn't up to the job at ITFC, his previous record as a manger isn't one of them.

I know we are bottom but over the last 6 games we are 16th in the table form wise. I still think he should go and I can’t see us picking up any points over the next 2 games.
Blue Through & Through on 16:34 - Oct 22 with 1303 viewsITFC_Forever

So you'd happily throw Nash under the bus?

A young coach making his way in the game, who has learnt everything he knows at ITFC?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Blue Through & Through on 16:35 - Oct 22 with 1302 viewsFrimleyBlue

Blue Through & Through on 16:29 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

No need to rewrite history - Hurst had an excellent record and nearly worked an absolute miracle at Swansea last season.

Their points total would've been enough to go straight up nearly every season but were so unfortunate that they had 2 excellent sides in the league in Blackurn and Wigan - plus he took them to a cup final.

On paper it was a very good appointment, but it has been managed badly by Evans giving them free reign to come in and rip it up

Each to their own of course. But for me more thought should have gone into it. Not achieving something in league 1 ( promotion) end of day miracle or no miracle it didn't happen, yet expected to run a financially struggling Ipswich side in a much tougher league with his only transfer knowledge being pick from lower league.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Through & Through on 16:35 - Oct 22 with 1302 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hello stranger.

I'm assuming he hasn't tried a spit roast either, but I doubt we'll be seeing that any time soon. Stranger things have happened though, I suppose.

Burley & Butcher have made no secret of their desire to take the reins, and I doubt they could do any worse. But I don't think the stay aways would flood back, it'll need a period of sustained success before that happens.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Blue Through & Through on 16:36 - Oct 22 with 1299 viewsfooters

The Club structure needs to change while we have ME in charge. He knows nothing about football and his 'otline to 'Arry seems to be his only 'in'.

He needs to bring in a DoF, HoF, whatever- a team who can analyse the market for players in a more structured way, likewise managers.

We never seem to be keeping tabs on anyone, to implement immediate changes when they're needed- be it to the squad or manager. I wonder if ME's rigorous fag packet search was recorded or thrown away once we'd appointed Hurst.

Sadly I don't think any of this is going to happen. We'll hang onto Hursty til Crimbo then hire a merry-go-round manager, give him nothing and plop down into L1.

balls

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Blue Through & Through on 16:36 - Oct 22 with 1295 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I agree with Burley & Butcher. But would add Nash instead of Dyer. Then promote Dyer from u18's to the u23's with Hogg.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Blue Through & Through on 16:41 - Oct 22 with 1271 viewsdavblue

Blue Through & Through on 16:35 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

Each to their own of course. But for me more thought should have gone into it. Not achieving something in league 1 ( promotion) end of day miracle or no miracle it didn't happen, yet expected to run a financially struggling Ipswich side in a much tougher league with his only transfer knowledge being pick from lower league.

Everyone needs a chance taken on them in football or your profession at some point. Pep, Jose, whoever. I suspect someone has taken a punt on you at some point (they probably regretted it) like you being involved in your football club did you have the qualifications?

It doesn’t always work out, sometimes people aren’t the right fit but you never know unless you take a punt. I can see why Evans thought Hurst was the correct choice, I would have probably been the same in his position.
Blue Through & Through on 16:43 - Oct 22 with 1264 viewsFrimleyBlue

Blue Through & Through on 16:41 - Oct 22 by davblue

Everyone needs a chance taken on them in football or your profession at some point. Pep, Jose, whoever. I suspect someone has taken a punt on you at some point (they probably regretted it) like you being involved in your football club did you have the qualifications?

It doesn’t always work out, sometimes people aren’t the right fit but you never know unless you take a punt. I can see why Evans thought Hurst was the correct choice, I would have probably been the same in his position.

Certain times though dav when a punt is to risky.

Got to look at the overall picture and what risk you are taking.

Waka waka eh eh

Blue Through & Through on 16:50 - Oct 22 with 1257 viewsdavblue

Blue Through & Through on 16:43 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

Certain times though dav when a punt is to risky.

Got to look at the overall picture and what risk you are taking.

His cv deserved that risk.

He overachieved at Shrews on a limited budget. He got his 2 previous clubs promoted.

I would much rather take a punt on someone who’s career appeared to be going upwards than a manager who’s been around the block on had a few high places finishes in the championship but in reality is a donkey looking for his next job.
Blue Through & Through on 16:51 - Oct 22 with 1254 viewsFrimleyBlue

Blue Through & Through on 16:50 - Oct 22 by davblue

His cv deserved that risk.

He overachieved at Shrews on a limited budget. He got his 2 previous clubs promoted.

I would much rather take a punt on someone who’s career appeared to be going upwards than a manager who’s been around the block on had a few high places finishes in the championship but in reality is a donkey looking for his next job.

Chances are though we wouldn't be where we are if we did.

Waka waka eh eh

Blue Through & Through on 17:15 - Oct 22 with 1221 viewsGeoffSentence

Blue Through & Through on 16:10 - Oct 22 by Illinoisblue

The stay aways would, I believe, flood back. LOL

People will only come back when we win consistently.

It's blinking easy to lose supporters, much harder to get them back again.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Blue Through & Through on 17:19 - Oct 22 with 1209 viewsdavblue

Blue Through & Through on 16:51 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

Chances are though we wouldn't be where we are if we did.

Very very easy to say.
Blue Through & Through on 17:35 - Oct 22 with 1193 viewsFrimleyBlue

Blue Through & Through on 17:19 - Oct 22 by davblue

Very very easy to say.

Much more likely though.

Waka waka eh eh

Blue Through & Through on 17:45 - Oct 22 with 1188 viewsbrogansnose

I'm pretty much down with that Dolly. When Mick went I would have poo pooed what you're saying but right now, its a yes from me, until the end of the season and then review things. I do think that it would rally the fans again to a certain extent especially if they drop in some of the young guns and , depending on the deals made, bring back some of the loanees.

It'll be Grayson although I'd take him over Little Roy.
Blue Through & Through on 18:12 - Oct 22 with 1169 viewsReuser_is_God

Blue Through & Through on 16:33 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

I'm only basing that on him openly applying for the job

Very true, I’d forgotten about that.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Blue Through & Through on 06:02 - Oct 23 with 1096 viewsBenters2

Blue Through & Through on 16:10 - Oct 22 by Illinoisblue

The stay aways would, I believe, flood back. LOL

All things considered i thought we had a pretty good crowd on Saturday..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024