Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Holland on TS 16:54 - Oct 22 with 14217 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Summary:

ME has been talking to other managers.

Atmosphere on training ground not good.

Players unhappy.

No quality in the side.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Matt Holland on TS on 19:39 - Oct 22 with 2283 viewsitfcjoe

Matt Holland on TS on 19:38 - Oct 22 by pointofblue

I know this is going to get a mountain of down arrows but I'm ready for them... how does this benefit the club exactly? The squad? The management team? Evans himself?

The management team has now had the rug pulled from under them by someone who must be pretty close to those involved at the club, with Holland coming out and saying Evans is sounding out managers. Any authority they had left has now gone and, in turn, has any trace of motivational ability they (may) have left.

The players have been told by a respected ex that they're out of the depth based on the numbers who have joined from lower level - is a change of manager supposed to help with this? Are their places at the club under threat if Evans does loosen the purse strings in January and, if so, surely that just increases the pressure on their shoulders at the moment?

And how does this benefit Evans? I think many of us thought the hiring process had logic to it this time around and were looking forward to a young up-and-coming manager taking charge of the side. Now he's sounding out managers, and it's making the press (I don't think it being made public happens very often but maybe I don't follow other clubs close enough) then any manager will feel the axe hovering over them after a bad run, possibly with the help of the players.

It's an utter and complete mess and it seems like it's going to come to a head very soon. But is washing our dirty washing in public actually benefiting anyone involved at the club?

He's a journalist - if you want Pravda just watch the videos on iFollow

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Matt Holland on TS on 19:45 - Oct 22 with 2241 viewsJakeITFC

I know this is going to get a mountain of down arrows but I'm ready for them... how does this benefit the club exactly? The squad? The management team? Evans himself?

The management team has now had the rug pulled from under them by someone who must be pretty close to those involved at the club, with Holland coming out and saying Evans is sounding out managers. Any authority they had left has now gone and, in turn, has any trace of motivational ability they (may) have left.

The players have been told by a respected ex that they're out of the depth based on the numbers who have joined from lower level - is a change of manager supposed to help with this? Are their places at the club under threat if Evans does loosen the purse strings in January and, if so, surely that just increases the pressure on their shoulders at the moment?

And how does this benefit Evans? I think many of us thought the hiring process had logic to it this time around and were looking forward to a young up-and-coming manager taking charge of the side. Now he's sounding out managers, and it's making the press (I don't think it being made public happens very often but maybe I don't follow other clubs close enough) then any manager will feel the axe hovering over them after a bad run, possibly with the help of the players.

It's an utter and complete mess and it seems like it's going to come to a head very soon. But is washing our dirty washing in public actually benefiting anyone involved at the club?

He’s giving his opinion, he doesn’t work for us.
Matt Holland on TS on 19:52 - Oct 22 with 2204 viewstractorboy1978

This is hardly a secret, several people have said Hurst was done as far as Evans is concerned for the last 5/6 weeks. If Holland knows this then you can be sure the likes of Skuse and Chambers are equally aware. It is possibly even part of the problem, they are playing for a manager they know is on the firing line waiting to be put out of his misery.
Matt Holland on TS on 19:52 - Oct 22 with 2202 viewspointofblue

Matt Holland on TS on 19:39 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

He's a journalist - if you want Pravda just watch the videos on iFollow

That’s not what I asked - I asked is there anyway this is beneficial to the club itself? Possibly, for example, making Hurst jump before he has to be pushed?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Matt Holland on TS on 19:55 - Oct 22 with 2178 viewsIllinoisblue

Matt Holland on TS on 19:52 - Oct 22 by pointofblue

That’s not what I asked - I asked is there anyway this is beneficial to the club itself? Possibly, for example, making Hurst jump before he has to be pushed?

what does it matter? This stuff is what happens when you're bottom of the league. If the players are hurt at being publicly called out for not being good enough then they're in the wrong job. Although, let's be clear, Holland said trying to integrate too many League 1 or 2 players is the problem.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Matt Holland on TS on 19:56 - Oct 22 with 2175 viewsPositivelyPortman

Matt Holland on TS on 17:09 - Oct 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

Chambers is the only exception of someone who genuinely has passion about the club. Chambers isn't the best footballer in the world but I would take 11 Chambers right now every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Well I wouldn’t.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Matt Holland on TS on 20:00 - Oct 22 with 2143 viewsPositivelyPortman

Matt Holland on TS on 17:40 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

Or others that have advised of certain situations before anyone else.

Just saying...

I've spent 3 months defending myself yet finally everyone is seeing every single thing I ever wrote come out of the woodwork.

You are the bleedin’ oracle.

Has ME been on for managerial advice.

PM me - you are the King 👑

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Matt Holland on TS on 20:01 - Oct 22 with 2136 viewsANNA3ROA

Mike Bassett
Login to get fewer ads

Matt Holland on TS on 20:02 - Oct 22 with 2133 viewspointofblue

Matt Holland on TS on 19:55 - Oct 22 by Illinoisblue

what does it matter? This stuff is what happens when you're bottom of the league. If the players are hurt at being publicly called out for not being good enough then they're in the wrong job. Although, let's be clear, Holland said trying to integrate too many League 1 or 2 players is the problem.

I agree but we’re still going to have to integrate them under a new manager and just changing the man at the top isn’t gong to change things in that regard. I suppose the other side is to pick every player with a modicum of Championship experience then maybe pick a couple of up-and-comers (Donacien and Edwards?) alongside them.

But ‘what does this matter’? Maybe the management team and Evans didn’t have too far to fall considering what has happened, particularly this season, but this probably just ensures we’ve hit rock bottom in every way possible. Tomorrow was going to be difficult as it is... now I really fear a drubbing.

Matt Holland on TS on 20:07 - Oct 22 with 2099 viewsWestSussexBlue

Matt Holland on TS on 17:04 - Oct 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

Its great to hear someone talk with so much passion about the club, all these pony interviews on the iPlayer with the players just reeling out the same old same old cr*p that seems to be off a script given to every footballer in the land. Brilliant to hear someone speak about the club straight from the heart.

My thoughts entirely, well said.
Matt Holland on TS on 20:08 - Oct 22 with 2094 viewsitfcjoe

Matt Holland on TS on 19:52 - Oct 22 by pointofblue

Sorry - misunderstood.

I'm not sure it is either beneficial, or detrimental, in reality. It's not much more than anyone else has been saying for a while in reality.

All the points were fair - he wasn't really criticisng the signings just how many there were - saying how it took him a number of games to find feet at level and it is unfair on them to expect them to all do it together

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Matt Holland on TS on 20:10 - Oct 22 with 2087 viewsdylanisabaddog

If Evans has been talking to other managers for 2 weeks it would seem that they have said 'thanks but no thanks'. Otherwise something would have happened by now
Matt Holland on TS on 20:16 - Oct 22 with 2053 viewspointofblue

Matt Holland on TS on 20:10 - Oct 22 by dylanisabaddog

If Evans has been talking to other managers for 2 weeks it would seem that they have said 'thanks but no thanks'. Otherwise something would have happened by now

The Swansea game probably made him hesitate in pulling the trigger - look what happened the last time he sacked a manager after a victory...

Matt Holland on TS on 20:16 - Oct 22 with 2051 viewsPJH

or the Swansea result happened and delayed things.

Maybe a pity we won at Swansea if that is the case.
Matt Holland on TS on 20:17 - Oct 22 with 2045 viewsWestSussexBlue

This is a fantastic football club with heritage history and a loyal fan base.
Regardless of where we currently sit, manager of Ipswich Town will always be a very good job.
Matt Holland on TS on 20:18 - Oct 22 with 2040 viewsLightningboy

Good that our “plight” is getting some much needed coverage on a mainstream channel plus the report in today’s Daily Mirror highlighted Evans’ lack of investment.

Hopefully things like this will either wake him up or embarrass him into making a decision sooner rather than later.

Well said Matt btw 👌🏻
Matt Holland on TS on 20:21 - Oct 22 with 2022 viewsLord_Lucan

ITFC is like a sieve at the moment.

Things are so bad that all sorts of staff at many levels aren't even attempting to hush anything up.

I think they are so demoralised they just want it to end.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Matt Holland on TS on 20:22 - Oct 22 with 2014 viewsHennikerBlu

Matt Holland on TS on 20:18 - Oct 22 by Lightningboy

Good that our “plight” is getting some much needed coverage on a mainstream channel plus the report in today’s Daily Mirror highlighted Evans’ lack of investment.

Hopefully things like this will either wake him up or embarrass him into making a decision sooner rather than later.

Well said Matt btw 👌🏻

Good post, this coverage brings a lot of things out in the open.
Matt Holland on TS on 20:22 - Oct 22 with 2013 viewstractorboy1978

Matt Holland on TS on 20:17 - Oct 22 by WestSussexBlue

This is a fantastic football club with heritage history and a loyal fan base.
Regardless of where we currently sit, manager of Ipswich Town will always be a very good job.

True to an extent although it has become a bit of a poisoned chalice. None of the last 3 managers have got another job after it and Hurst has undone pretty much all of the excellent work he's done to date at Grimsby and Shrewsbury.
Matt Holland on TS on 20:25 - Oct 22 with 1999 viewspointofblue

Matt Holland on TS on 20:22 - Oct 22 by tractorboy1978

True to an extent although it has become a bit of a poisoned chalice. None of the last 3 managers have got another job after it and Hurst has undone pretty much all of the excellent work he's done to date at Grimsby and Shrewsbury.

None of the managers appointed by Evans have got another management job - Keane is assistant with Ireland but Jewell and McCarthy are currently unemployed. Though I think Mick will get a job soon enough.

Matt Holland on TS on 20:27 - Oct 22 with 1986 viewsIllinoisblue

Matt Holland on TS on 20:18 - Oct 22 by Lightningboy

Well said Matt btw 👌🏻

what was the report in the Daily Mirror?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Matt Holland on TS on 20:28 - Oct 22 with 1981 viewsjeera

Matt Holland on TS on 20:16 - Oct 22 by pointofblue

The Swansea game probably made him hesitate in pulling the trigger - look what happened the last time he sacked a manager after a victory...

Absolutely. It was enough to offer a moment of doubt. Evans wanted this to work, as we all did of course. So it's natural to cling on to any possible sign of life.

Unfortunately though, it seems Swansea may just have been just death throes.

Pointers, if Matt has helped things along a bit then so be it.

Who knows, maybe the players will be driven by his words, the manager shaken enough to make things happen, and the Town will magically turn over Leeds and show us all what they're really capable of thereafter by storming the league.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Matt Holland on TS on 20:43 - Oct 22 with 1927 viewsLightningboy

Matt Holland on TS on 20:27 - Oct 22 by Illinoisblue

what was the report in the Daily Mirror?

The full page headline was “Bubble’s Hurst”...basically said alarm bells are ringing at PR,rock bottom,no home wins,booed off,in danger of returning to the 3rd tier for 1st time in 62 years...then went on to say that town have been on the slide for years through a clear lack of investment on Evans’ part & that he was happy to bring in £10m in the summer from selling Waghorn,Webster & Garner but then only spend half as much of it on 12 players.

Very damning.
Matt Holland on TS on 21:00 - Oct 22 with 1879 viewsjjblue84

Ah Matt Holland. Mr Ran off When the Going got Tough. Always a pleasure...
Matt Holland on TS on 21:18 - Oct 22 with 1815 viewsHerbivore

Matt Holland on TS on 21:00 - Oct 22 by jjblue84

Ah Matt Holland. Mr Ran off When the Going got Tough. Always a pleasure...

Starting to think you're another troll.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024