Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What was Hurst’s net spend with us? 11:35 - Oct 31 with 7254 viewsIllinoisblue

Approx 9mill in from Waghorn and Webster.... I lost track of what he spent on bringing in his League 1.5 all stars.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 16:00 - Oct 31 with 1248 viewsIllinoisblue

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 15:13 - Oct 31 by BrixtonBlue

All you do is post bullsh!t on here, are you a Norwich supporter?

his posting history is rather telling

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Think he spunked about.... on 16:07 - Oct 31 with 1263 viewscasanovacrow

Think he spunked about.... on 15:51 - Oct 31 by JimmyJazz

Ah, that old argument that MMs teams go down after he leaves

That happens when

1. MM first gets the team promoted to the Prem
2. Team struggles at a higher level, MM leaves with the team in trouble

Neither of which is applicable to us

Millwall?
What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 16:10 - Oct 31 with 1259 viewsSteve_M

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 16:00 - Oct 31 by Illinoisblue

Nerdyknowall/Pundit. The usual grain of truth and then totally exaggerated.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So were the ones that left in the summer. (n/t) on 16:12 - Oct 31 with 1257 viewsBloots

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 14:56 - Oct 31 by BluePG

Wages! Even the lowest paid squad players will be on £300,000 a year.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Think he spunked about.... on 16:15 - Oct 31 with 1253 viewsSteve_M

Think he spunked about.... on 15:19 - Oct 31 by casanovacrow

I'm probably on my own here, I think Hurst spent well. I best explain...

Hurst's players hardly look outshone by those still here from before. If anything the opposite has slightly been the case, the few goals we have had seem to be from Hurst's lot for a start.
I just think the job wasn't finished due to time and money constraints and that is why everyone is looking poor.
Everyone suffers when you have half your team suited to play one way and you bring in a handful of new guys to do the opposite, especially when those of the Mick era on the whole looked very resistant to change. Too much too soon maybe, but when the brief was to change the style of play and with so many players out the door even before he arrived I don't think he had a choice.
It could also be argued maybe to little too soon, and he should've had that extra £10m and got to replace those who were here that will never fit progressive attacking football.
I keep thinking back to what happens to all of Mick's old clubs after he leaves, they go down. Why? I'd hazard a guess at it's because they are full of limited players who are stuck in their ways. Managers don't have a chance in making their mark on things without the risks involved with a complete overhaul and that needs a shed load more than £6m to do properly anyway.
Either way it's unwise to judge anyone on 15 games in a disjointed team.

Yep, someone fighting Hurst's corner

Let's hope Lambert can find a system that can get the best out of them and they come good in the end

Ah yes, Hurst's players are scoring what few goals we have and that's nothing to do with selling two strikers with 26 goals between them last season.

And how exactly have we being playing under Hurst, it's been hard to discern any style or system at all most of the time?

This has been the worst Summer of transfer dealing for the club since 2001.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Think he spunked about.... on 16:17 - Oct 31 with 1247 viewsBlueBadger

Think he spunked about.... on 16:15 - Oct 31 by Steve_M

Ah yes, Hurst's players are scoring what few goals we have and that's nothing to do with selling two strikers with 26 goals between them last season.

And how exactly have we being playing under Hurst, it's been hard to discern any style or system at all most of the time?

Although the run-up to Jewell's second season runs it close.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Think he spunked about.... on 16:24 - Oct 31 with 1241 viewscasanovacrow

Think he spunked about.... on 16:15 - Oct 31 by Steve_M

Yes, selling Garner and Waghorn is a big issue. But how much of that can you put on Hurst? He needed funds to replace what had already gone, the players wanted to go and in Waghorn's case especially I don't think he would fit from what we were told Hurst planned to do.

Agreed, no apparent style or system. I'd put that down to what I already said about a half finished job.

Just out of curiosity, if you had the job in the summer, you were already down about 8 players from last season due to contracts ending and loan players going back, you had to fund any incoming transfers yourself, best players not tied down on long contracts and you know they could get much more than you can afford to give them elsewhere ...what would you have done?
Think he spunked about.... on 16:50 - Oct 31 with 1203 viewsagentp

Think he spunked about.... on 16:24 - Oct 31 by casanovacrow

Yes, selling Garner and Waghorn is a big issue. But how much of that can you put on Hurst? He needed funds to replace what had already gone, the players wanted to go and in Waghorn's case especially I don't think he would fit from what we were told Hurst planned to do.

Agreed, no apparent style or system. I'd put that down to what I already said about a half finished job.

Just out of curiosity, if you had the job in the summer, you were already down about 8 players from last season due to contracts ending and loan players going back, you had to fund any incoming transfers yourself, best players not tied down on long contracts and you know they could get much more than you can afford to give them elsewhere ...what would you have done?

Get your point, but Waghorn and Garner cost a fraction of [for example] of Kayden Jackson. I would question whether the funds really were spent wisely; they appear no improvement on our own youth. I accept criticism becomes invalid with hindsight.

I personally think we needed to incorporate the stand-out players amongst our youth better than we did, brought in a couple of experienced OOC players and filter in some investment types of lower league buys. Hurst's downfall for me was underestimating this league and thinking his L1 approach was universal. He clearly had no idea.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Login to get fewer ads

Think he spunked about.... on 16:50 - Oct 31 with 1202 viewsJimmyJazz

Think he spunked about.... on 16:24 - Oct 31 by casanovacrow

Think the main issue is who he bought, and the prices paid, rather than who he sold.

3.6m on Nolan, Jackson and Nsiala?

And then people complained that we didn't go all out and get Tilt for the 1m asking price. Maybe he would have been good value, we won't know

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Think he spunked about.... on 16:51 - Oct 31 with 1199 viewsJimmyJazz

Think he spunked about.... on 16:07 - Oct 31 by casanovacrow

Millwall?

Think that might be put down to his first managerial role. He did make a mess of a rather good team though while there

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 16:57 - Oct 31 with 1197 viewsPhilTWTD

Worth remembering Portsmouth got 20 per cent of the profit we made on Webster and Rangers 10 per cent of what Town made on Waghorn.

This post has been edited by an administrator
What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 16:59 - Oct 31 with 1185 viewsPJH

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 16:57 - Oct 31 by PhilTWTD

Worth remembering Portsmouth got 20 per cent of the profit we made on Webster and Rangers 10 per cent of what Town made on Waghorn.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Portsmouth did well to get 10% of the profit on someone that never played for them.
What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 17:00 - Oct 31 with 1180 viewsBrixtonBlue

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 16:59 - Oct 31 by PJH

Portsmouth did well to get 10% of the profit on someone that never played for them.

Bit cheeky if you ask me.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 17:01 - Oct 31 with 1179 viewsPJH

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 17:00 - Oct 31 by BrixtonBlue

Bit cheeky if you ask me.

Perhaps we can get some of the Ronaldo money?
What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 17:03 - Oct 31 with 1174 viewsBrixtonBlue

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 17:01 - Oct 31 by PJH

Perhaps we can get some of the Ronaldo money?

10% of that would be niiiiiice. I'm sure Milne is on the case.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 17:03 - Oct 31 with 1173 viewsPhilTWTD

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 16:59 - Oct 31 by PJH

Ah, Rangers added!
What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 17:05 - Oct 31 with 1172 viewsPJH

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 17:03 - Oct 31 by PhilTWTD

Ah, Rangers added!

Your proof reader on holiday-you said that Paul Lambert was 29 yesterday?
What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 17:06 - Oct 31 with 1172 viewsPhilTWTD

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 13:40 - Oct 31 by ElephantintheRoom

You could also add in the £1million received as a lump sum for the schoolkid (Man City's hand bitten off, even though Chelski offered more in instalments). Tellingly Town are offering their academy players for sale again.

1 Clubs have no say on where youngsters in his position go. 2 It was Tottenham not Chelsea who offered the larger sum.
Think he spunked about.... on 17:06 - Oct 31 with 1170 viewscasanovacrow

Think he spunked about.... on 16:50 - Oct 31 by JimmyJazz

Think the main issue is who he bought, and the prices paid, rather than who he sold.

3.6m on Nolan, Jackson and Nsiala?

And then people complained that we didn't go all out and get Tilt for the 1m asking price. Maybe he would have been good value, we won't know

Something we can probably agree on is the Tilt thing. We really look short of a left footed bloke back there and he can pass the ball out too. Strange decision it was to decide against sticking the extra 200k on that and leave us short.

It wont take much for Nolan, Jackson and Nsiala to be worth more than we paid. A handful of goals and most players in the championship are apparently worth more than that these days. Fingers crossed we can get the best out of them still.
What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 17:07 - Oct 31 with 1167 viewsPhilTWTD

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 17:05 - Oct 31 by PJH

Your proof reader on holiday-you said that Paul Lambert was 29 yesterday?

Something like that. Usually the extra details I add in where I make errors I don't notice.
What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 17:11 - Oct 31 with 1160 viewschicoazul

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 16:00 - Oct 31 by Illinoisblue

you know who that is right? It's board legend Nerdy and I am delighted he's back.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 17:32 - Oct 31 with 1141 viewstabletopjoe

I don’t think they replaced the nets

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 17:37 - Oct 31 with 1136 viewsitfcjoe

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 12:50 - Oct 31 by Ely_Blue

Isn’t it funny how everyone is certain on what we spent but in terms of the incoming money it’s alway “I’d guess”

these are all best guesses - nothing sinister in it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 17:37 - Oct 31 with 1136 viewsitfcjoe

What was Hurst’s net spend with us? on 13:24 - Oct 31 by JimmyJazz

You're not including Donacien? Once legal details sorted aren't we obliged to complete the transfer?

Sorry - just missed it, wasn’t excluding it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Think he spunked about.... on 17:39 - Oct 31 with 1135 viewscasanovacrow

Think he spunked about.... on 16:50 - Oct 31 by agentp

Get your point, but Waghorn and Garner cost a fraction of [for example] of Kayden Jackson. I would question whether the funds really were spent wisely; they appear no improvement on our own youth. I accept criticism becomes invalid with hindsight.

I personally think we needed to incorporate the stand-out players amongst our youth better than we did, brought in a couple of experienced OOC players and filter in some investment types of lower league buys. Hurst's downfall for me was underestimating this league and thinking his L1 approach was universal. He clearly had no idea.

Waghorn was an unbelievable deal, it's a shame they all aren't that easy to find.

A different approach might have worked, but then again even going that route it's going to be a tough ask to get it to work. The brief and the funds are very limiting, what you don't spend on transfer fee's you'd probably spend on wages.
I think most people can agree with him underestimating the league. Not many players step up quickly, especially with the amount of change.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024