Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car got written off this morning 13:39 - Nov 6 with 5360 viewsHerbivore

RIP.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Car got written off this morning on 13:42 - Nov 6 with 4365 viewsKeno

sod the car, are you ok?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Car got written off this morning on 13:42 - Nov 6 with 4360 viewsBiGDonnie

Oh p*ssed, what happened?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Car got written off this morning on 13:45 - Nov 6 with 4364 viewsHerbivore

Car got written off this morning on 13:42 - Nov 6 by Keno

sod the car, are you ok?

Think I've got a bit of whiplash, neck is a bit sore. A 4x4 went into the back of me and pushed me into the car in front of me as well. I'm okay though, sore neck aside. Bit sad about the car, had it 6 years and it's served me very well.

Car got written off this morning on 13:46 - Nov 6 with 4331 viewsKeno

Car got written off this morning on 13:45 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

Think I've got a bit of whiplash, neck is a bit sore. A 4x4 went into the back of me and pushed me into the car in front of me as well. I'm okay though, sore neck aside. Bit sad about the car, had it 6 years and it's served me very well.

OUCH!!

sounds annoying and painful!!

its awful when something like that happens

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Car got written off this morning on 13:52 - Nov 6 with 4308 viewsBasuco

My advice is to get to a private physio and get a neck and shoulder massage to sort out any potential damage as soon as possible, forget any possible compensation because these type of injuries can come back and bite later, very painfully.
Car got written off this morning on 13:54 - Nov 6 with 4302 viewsHerbivore

Car got written off this morning on 13:52 - Nov 6 by Basuco

My advice is to get to a private physio and get a neck and shoulder massage to sort out any potential damage as soon as possible, forget any possible compensation because these type of injuries can come back and bite later, very painfully.

Cheers, definitely going to get it checked out and I'll take any excuse for a massage.

Car got written off this morning on 13:58 - Nov 6 with 4277 viewsHerbivore

Car got written off this morning on 13:46 - Nov 6 by Keno

OUCH!!

sounds annoying and painful!!

its awful when something like that happens

Aye, really frustrating. The other two were able to drive off while I waited 4 hours for the recovery vehicle as mine wasn't drivable.

Car got written off this morning on 14:21 - Nov 6 with 4214 viewsArnieM

Herb could always come and see me - I’m a physio ( cracks fingers ) !l

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Car got written off this morning on 14:22 - Nov 6 with 4211 viewsfactual_blue

Car got written off this morning on 13:54 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

Cheers, definitely going to get it checked out and I'll take any excuse for a massage.

Glad you're OK, and that it looks like there'll be a happy ending.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Car got written off this morning on 14:34 - Nov 6 with 4193 viewshomer_123

Drove past a 4x4 in a ditch and two cars that had been rear-ended this morning....where was this Herbs?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Car got written off this morning on 15:11 - Nov 6 with 4122 viewsWeirdFishes

Must be the day for it, mine was written off today too.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Car got written off this morning on 16:01 - Nov 6 with 4064 viewsHerbivore

Car got written off this morning on 14:34 - Nov 6 by homer_123

Drove past a 4x4 in a ditch and two cars that had been rear-ended this morning....where was this Herbs?

A146, the 4x4 was able to drive away though as was the car in front. My car did not survive being sandwiched.

Car got written off this morning on 16:02 - Nov 6 with 4052 viewsHerbivore

Car got written off this morning on 15:11 - Nov 6 by WeirdFishes

You okay buddy?

Car got written off this morning on 16:15 - Nov 6 with 4028 viewshomer_123

Car got written off this morning on 16:01 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

A146, the 4x4 was able to drive away though as was the car in front. My car did not survive being sandwiched.

Sorry Herbs hope you and everyone else involved OK.

Wasn't the accident I drove past then.

Hope you are can sorted transport wise quickly.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Car got written off this morning on 16:28 - Nov 6 with 4000 viewsunstableblue

Sorry to hear that Herbivore; hope you have a speedy recovery.

Hopefully insurance will be smooth, as shunted from behind is normally black and white.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Car got written off this morning on 18:05 - Nov 6 with 3903 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Definitely agree that the priority should be to get yourself right, but you shouldn’t rule out the possibility of making a PI claim. Hopefully you make a quick and full recovery in which case any claim will have limited value, but at this stage you just don’t know. You should go and see your GP if for no other reason than to have a record of your injuries.

Don’t be surprised if the other driver’s insurers contact you and offer to buy off your claim early. It’s becoming increasingly common for insurers to buy claims off to stop people going to see no win no fee lawyers.

Poll: Our final position

Car got written off this morning on 18:36 - Nov 6 with 3872 viewsfabian_illness

Thats pretty awful bud.
Hope you're ok.
Car got written off this morning on 18:47 - Nov 6 with 3859 viewsBinner

Hope the injury is not too serious Herbs and that you're okay, Alex.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Car got written off this morning on 18:50 - Nov 6 with 3854 viewsDanTheMan

Damn, hope you're alright.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Car got written off this morning on 18:56 - Nov 6 with 3843 viewsMJallday

glad your (relatively) ok. metal can be fixed. people not so easily.

look at it this way, time to get an upgrade on the motor. just watch the insurance company dont sting you.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Car got written off this morning on 19:17 - Nov 6 with 3817 viewsbritbiker

Car got written off this morning on 16:28 - Nov 6 by unstableblue

Sorry to hear that Herbivore; hope you have a speedy recovery.

Hopefully insurance will be smooth, as shunted from behind is normally black and white.

Don't trust the insurance company. I was hit from behind a few years ago by a guy who fell asleep at the wheel. He shunted me into a lorry in front. My vehicle was a write off and he drove his away after exchanging details.
His insurer Liverpool Victoria rang me the next day to confirm his liability. My car had a genuine value of only about £1,500
although it was worth more to me.
They told me to look for vehicles of the same age and milage and I found about ten on the Internet for the figure shown above.
They offered me about £750 based on one car they found on ebay that had done nearly 80,000 miles more than mine. They refused to budge even though I had printed evidence that they were wrong. I then rang the Insurance ombudsman to act as a mediator, only to be advised that I could not use them as only the person who's insurance the claim is against can use them and he clearly wasn't going to put in a complaint. I then had to cancel my claim against the other driver and claim through my own insurance.
My insurers asked me what figure I wanted then offered me about £250 less without even viewing my car. They pitched the figure just high enough for me to have to weigh up the agro of continuing the dispute.

So for being hit, having the agro trying to get home I then also had a claim against my insurance and also lost a couple of hundred pounds.

I dont know if I was more annoyed with the insurance companies, the idiot driver or the totally useless ombudsman set up.

Ps insurance companies are scum.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 19:21]
Car got written off this morning on 19:27 - Nov 6 with 3790 viewsjeera

Car got written off this morning on 15:11 - Nov 6 by WeirdFishes

You didn't drive into the back of someone...?

Trust you're ok bud.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Car got written off this morning on 19:30 - Nov 6 with 3782 viewsjeera

Car got written off this morning on 19:17 - Nov 6 by britbiker

Don't trust the insurance company. I was hit from behind a few years ago by a guy who fell asleep at the wheel. He shunted me into a lorry in front. My vehicle was a write off and he drove his away after exchanging details.
His insurer Liverpool Victoria rang me the next day to confirm his liability. My car had a genuine value of only about £1,500
although it was worth more to me.
They told me to look for vehicles of the same age and milage and I found about ten on the Internet for the figure shown above.
They offered me about £750 based on one car they found on ebay that had done nearly 80,000 miles more than mine. They refused to budge even though I had printed evidence that they were wrong. I then rang the Insurance ombudsman to act as a mediator, only to be advised that I could not use them as only the person who's insurance the claim is against can use them and he clearly wasn't going to put in a complaint. I then had to cancel my claim against the other driver and claim through my own insurance.
My insurers asked me what figure I wanted then offered me about £250 less without even viewing my car. They pitched the figure just high enough for me to have to weigh up the agro of continuing the dispute.

So for being hit, having the agro trying to get home I then also had a claim against my insurance and also lost a couple of hundred pounds.

I dont know if I was more annoyed with the insurance companies, the idiot driver or the totally useless ombudsman set up.

Ps insurance companies are scum.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 19:21]

That's disgusting.

I have had some crap experiences too and it's fecking frustrating to say the least.

Dishonest scum.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Car got written off this morning on 19:38 - Nov 6 with 3762 viewsmonytowbray

I wrote a hire car off within two hours of driving in America. Amazed I’m not dead, was a bad one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BplnOVSFvtq/
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 19:39]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Car got written off this morning on 19:39 - Nov 6 with 3755 viewsbritbiker

Car got written off this morning on 19:30 - Nov 6 by jeera

That's disgusting.

I have had some crap experiences too and it's fecking frustrating to say the least.

Dishonest scum.

To make it worse it ruined a night at the theatre for four of us plus I was fully covered for recovery with a well know breakdown company (homestart, relay etc) and they refused to recover my vehicle as its "breakdown cover' not" accident cover'.
Up to then never realised the difference in terminology. Won't be tricked by that one again either.

We had to carry bottles of water to keep topping up the broken radiator for the twenty mile journey home. Surprised I didn't also get a ticket for driving an unfit car home. That would have just about pushed me over the edge.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024