Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. 18:34 - Nov 10 with 20896 viewsLeagueOne

Chances are. Before I get onto that, a huge credit to Paul Lambert for coming in and shoving a rocket up the backside of the team to even get it to the point we can draw a game. He's done incredible things in a short amount of time, but sadly the toxic mix of aging average players combined with the incomers from the third and fourth divisions has effectively killed us as a Championship club.

We had to win these two games and despite all the effort, we are not good enough. There is no way Evans is going to start investing big in January to provide the kind of radical change we need to stay up. I'd say we were relegated today - it seems like a negative statement but I cannot see this side winning another game, let alone staying in this league.

As for the future, well first things first the blood is on Evans hands. Years of cuts and underspending has led us into this mess and he needs to take full responsibility. As for the future, I doubt Lambert will stick here when we drop, he's too good for that to be frank and with the lack of investment he will undoubtedly get in the summer he will know, like many of us do, that we're another Coventry and we'll likely never play at this level again when we do drop. Again, bloods on Evans hands here.

Sorry to be so negative - I just cannot see a rosey path out of this one. I hope I am wrong, but the results do not lie, we've won 1 game this season and 7 games total this year. It's an absolute disaster.

To think, we beat that same Reading side 0-4 at their place in just April ...

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 11:33 - Nov 29 with 8085 viewsSpruceMoose

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 05:10 - Nov 29 by textbackup

have you seen us play? even with 4/5 quality additions (that we wont get) in Jan, they'll need to click instantly (which wont happen) we are down. we have Roberts, Jackson, spence, Edwards, chambers, bart to turn to to help us - they are the guys that you wouldn't want in the trenches.

Yes of course I have. But that's irrelevant. Clearly the season is not over yet. Football history is full of great escapes. Others are free to give up hope but I'm not at that stage yet.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 12:54 - Nov 29 with 8045 viewsbluephil021

No we were not we were relegated the moment PH ws appointed, it is men against boys and we are certainly not the men. I don't understand why PL signed he must have known how bad our squad was, even if ME gives him some money in Jan who in their right mind would want to come to Town.
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 21:23 - Nov 30 with 7986 viewsGiveusaWave

We are only 6 points off the group ahead...playing much better football and have plenty of games ahead...

Giving up and tattooing L for loser on our foreheads isn't helpful right now. I get the doom and gloom....but we have to believe we can turn this around.

Let's at least make a battle of it....

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 21:29 - Nov 30 with 7980 viewsreusersfreekicks

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 02:15 - Nov 29 by BrixtonBlue

"Sorry to be so negative" says the man who called himself LeagueOne from the start of the season.

Beautifully put
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 07:40 - Dec 1 with 7880 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 03:21 - Nov 29 by Minneapolis_ITFC

The username has an odor to it. Who in their right mind would label themselves League One and claim to be a fan of this team. No offense, but that alone would be reason enough for suspicion.

And today ? Funny thing that, the English league season always ends in May does it not. I mean, there's ample time to rectify the situation. Insisting we're finished before the mid-point stage of a season would seem decidedly absurd.

Lo and behold the 'won't win another game' issue was the breaking point this end. Are you serious ? Concur that Evans IS a major factor in the teams fall from grace and make no mistake about it we got a fight ahead to regain Championship status, but some of the authors (other) reasonings were bizarre in the extreme.

Sorry but suspicious of posters who call themselves "Leagueone", "Going Down", "Relegation Certainties" or "Bottom of the league"

What is your definition of "supporter" League One?

In the Oxford Dictionary it says

A person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team.
eg. ‘an Oxford United supporter’

Are you wishing success for our team?
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 16:49 - Dec 29 with 7706 viewsLeagueOne

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 18:36 - Nov 10 by RoyKeanesDog

Decent effort. 6/10.

We've won once since this post. The flack I got was amusing but I am still to be proven wrong.

We're not in any position to play in this league anymore. There is no way that Evans is going to splash the cash in the window knowing he's losing twenty million in a few months.

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 16:54 - Dec 29 with 7687 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 16:49 - Dec 29 by LeagueOne

We've won once since this post. The flack I got was amusing but I am still to be proven wrong.

We're not in any position to play in this league anymore. There is no way that Evans is going to splash the cash in the window knowing he's losing twenty million in a few months.

Absolutely true post, fair to you. Thought we were good at Reading but you can see this is currently an average 10-12th placed League 1 team.

Fair play to Paul Lambert though, think he is the right man for the club. Shame that 95% of people around him aren’t including; players and ME

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 23:47 - Dec 29 with 7618 viewsHARRY10

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 16:49 - Dec 29 by LeagueOne

How is 'he' losing £20m ?
Login to get fewer ads

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 23:56 - Dec 29 with 7610 viewsSuperfrans

We weren’t. Few sensible fans thought QPR and Middlesbrough away were the critical games for us. Bristol at home was crucial - that was a pretty hefty nail in our coffin. But the absolutely critical games are the two at home to Millwall and Rotherham coming up. It’s a massive couple of weeks to start the year.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 00:11 - Dec 30 with 7597 viewsHARRY10

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 23:56 - Dec 29 by Superfrans

We weren’t. Few sensible fans thought QPR and Middlesbrough away were the critical games for us. Bristol at home was crucial - that was a pretty hefty nail in our coffin. But the absolutely critical games are the two at home to Millwall and Rotherham coming up. It’s a massive couple of weeks to start the year.

The problem is those two games would only put us on 21 points, maximum.

We would still be looking at around another 25 points from the remaining games.
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 00:46 - Dec 30 with 7570 viewsSuperfrans

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 00:11 - Dec 30 by HARRY10

The problem is those two games would only put us on 21 points, maximum.

We would still be looking at around another 25 points from the remaining games.

I take that point. But...

At this stage it is about the gap between us and fourth bottom, that and nothing else. And we shouldn’t underestimate how quickly a picture can change with two wins in our current situation. It would also bring those two teams closer to us.

Of course we would need to build on those two wins, but, for a team which is low on confidence as we are, who knows what they would do.

I do think our home form could be our saving grace. I know that sounds nuts given we have only won one game at PR this season. But we have been very close several times, even as recently as the Sheff U game. Start to convert those games into a few wins over the next couple of months and who knows what that might do.

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 01:40 - Dec 30 with 7546 viewsBlue_Moses

I thought we were down after Bristol City
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 08:47 - Dec 30 with 7474 viewsmrshallisfit

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 20:19 - Nov 10 by Guthrum

For one thing, it wasn't the same Reading side. That one was so desperately fragile they fell apart as soon as we broke through.

For another, we did not 'have' to win this game, or the last, or even the next. "Relegation six-pointers" are an illusory concept at this stage of the season. Other teams will deny our rivals points and the way things are progressing, we'll pick up wins against others, too.

If anything, today proved we have the makings of a highly competitive squad, who can score at least some goals and keep the opposition penned in their own half for most of 45 minutes.

We need a couple of additions. What we do not need is yet more radical overhauls. An unchanged squad announced and boy did that show on the pitch. Players were confident in passing, knew their positions (at least until they ran out of steam).

Lambert suggests we need more than a couple. Probably 5 or 6.
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 09:37 - Dec 30 with 7449 viewsSuperfrans

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 08:47 - Dec 30 by mrshallisfit

Lambert suggests we need more than a couple. Probably 5 or 6.

It’s clear that Knudsen is going, so we need someone in there. And we probably always needed a right back too.

On top of that we need two decent, experienced strikers, arguably a big target man and a finisher. Plus another wide man or two.

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 09:41 - Dec 30 with 7448 viewsPecker

I am no expert, but I think we can only be relegated when we cannot get enough points to catch the team 4th bottom. At the moment we would need 7 or 8 ( depending on goal difference ) to catch 4th bottom. Like I said, I am no expert, but I think we have enough games left to do that.
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 12:14 - Dec 30 with 7397 viewsHARRY10

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 09:41 - Dec 30 by Pecker

I am no expert, but I think we can only be relegated when we cannot get enough points to catch the team 4th bottom. At the moment we would need 7 or 8 ( depending on goal difference ) to catch 4th bottom. Like I said, I am no expert, but I think we have enough games left to do that.

We have enough games, but not enough of the necessary quality to achieve that.

It is not simply about closing that gap either, it is about picking up enough points to finish 4th from bottom as a minimum.

Currently that works out at nearly a point and a half a game - play off place figures.
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 16:34 - Jan 26 with 7129 viewsLeagueOne

The only thing I might want to change is my view on Lambert but I was right about the following...

1. Poor investment during the window again
2. We've only won 2 games since this post at the start of November

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 17:02 - Jan 26 with 7067 viewsBenters2

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 16:34 - Jan 26 by LeagueOne

The only thing I might want to change is my view on Lambert but I was right about the following...

1. Poor investment during the window again
2. We've only won 2 games since this post at the start of November

1.Didnt Evans speak well,it’s so nice having a nice well balanced club etc.

2.Evans out.
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 17:07 - Jan 26 with 7046 viewswkj

You must really be looking forward to your "I told you so moment" Do you have the draft version written already?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 17:24 - Jan 26 with 7011 viewsBenters2

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 17:07 - Jan 26 by wkj

You must really be looking forward to your "I told you so moment" Do you have the draft version written already?

Didnt someone say we would finish some 20 points above the bottom 3..
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 17:30 - Jan 26 with 7000 viewsmarcus1642

Town, in my mind, were relegation fodder back in October. The writing was on the wall before then however.

Evans lack of vision is astounding.
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 17:31 - Jan 26 with 6996 viewswkj

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 17:24 - Jan 26 by Benters2

Didnt someone say we would finish some 20 points above the bottom 3..

If so that someone was not myself

Crybaby

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 17:36 - Jan 26 with 6966 viewsjjblue84

Wake up, we were relegated as soon as Evans sacked Hurst!
Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 17:56 - Jan 26 with 6941 viewsKeaneish

Were you at Villa Park today? That's a long post with zero reference to the game given you just relegated us based on a very encouraging performance.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 17:58 - Jan 26 with 6938 viewswkj

Many will not want to read this, but we were relegated today.. on 17:56 - Jan 26 by Keaneish

Were you at Villa Park today? That's a long post with zero reference to the game given you just relegated us based on a very encouraging performance.

OP was Nov 10th - This is 'League One''s pet project post.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024