Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think May is actually doing well... 17:44 - Nov 15 with 4385 viewsunstableblue

.... in just awful conditions

Are people so thick that if we continue to drag this shambolic decision out any further then we are going to completely feck up our economy

Back herband let’s move on for God’s sake

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:59 - Nov 15 with 1419 viewsbluejacko

Amazing isn’t it? We have been told over and over that we did not have the wisdom to vote for Brexit in the first place! Now these same people are demanding a second vote,is that because you are all so superior to us knuckle draggers?
I think May is actually doing well... on 19:00 - Nov 15 with 1417 viewsBlueBadger

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:57 - Nov 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No honestly that’s fine, rather than try and understand the root cause just carry on looking down and assuming your views are more legitimate, it’s worked brilliantly so far

But a large part of the root cause is people not being very clever and saying things like 'we don't need experts'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:01 - Nov 15 with 1417 viewsSpruceMoose

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:55 - Nov 15 by StokieBlue

Everyone can be stupid sometimes though.

For instance, I was just making a cherry tomato tarte tatin and once I took it out the oven I did something else and forgot the handle was hot and picked it up. Massive burn on my hand now and clearly this is an idiotic thing to do.

Fine to call me an idiot for this event. To call people idiots wholesale is part of the problem as I'm sure you know.

SB

I don't think prejudiced led voting can be compared to a momentary slip up. You don't forget to be non-bigoted or forget to be non-critical of tabloid headlines.

PS - hope your hand isn't too badly burned, old bean.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 19:01]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:01 - Nov 15 with 1413 viewsfactual_blue

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:36 - Nov 15 by PhilTWTD

Friend of mine was like that with a curry once.

Nobody's done the 'you've got a friend!' joke yet.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:05 - Nov 15 with 1411 viewsBlueBadger

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:59 - Nov 15 by bluejacko

Amazing isn’t it? We have been told over and over that we did not have the wisdom to vote for Brexit in the first place! Now these same people are demanding a second vote,is that because you are all so superior to us knuckle draggers?

We're hoping you've actually been paying attention for the last two years and are going to say 'you've seen what a clusterf*ck it is, do you believe us NOW'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:07 - Nov 15 with 1406 viewsMalcolmBlue

I'm about as remain as it gets but I'm sorry her deal is woeful - there really is no point to it - we'd be far better off staying and if she knows that she should bite the bullet and cancel the whole charade. That would be the best thing for her country but unfortunately all she cares about is her party.

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:11 - Nov 15 with 1396 viewsStokieBlue

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:01 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

I don't think prejudiced led voting can be compared to a momentary slip up. You don't forget to be non-bigoted or forget to be non-critical of tabloid headlines.

PS - hope your hand isn't too badly burned, old bean.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 19:01]

That is fair but there is a positive (or negative you could argue) feedback loop whereby if someone is told they are thick and bigoted they re-enforce that behaviour. We are brilliant and picking holes in people in this country.

Many thanks, it'll be OK. Unluckily for you it's not stopped me typing!

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:11 - Nov 15 with 1405 viewsBlueBadger

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:07 - Nov 15 by MalcolmBlue

I'm about as remain as it gets but I'm sorry her deal is woeful - there really is no point to it - we'd be far better off staying and if she knows that she should bite the bullet and cancel the whole charade. That would be the best thing for her country but unfortunately all she cares about is her party.

It's almost impressive that she's THAT incompetent that she genuinely thinks this will do more for party unity than actually being a grown up and saying 'you know what, the experts were right, this IS a clusterf*ck, let's call the whole thing off and actually fund the NHS'.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 22:39]

Login to get fewer ads

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:15 - Nov 15 with 1393 viewsKievthegreat

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:34 - Nov 15 by linhdi

I think he was acquitted btw.

He has never been acquitted of assaulting his lover. Lovely bloke.

He also said after being overlooked for a knighthood twice that he should "Black up" to get one.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cricket/geoffrey-boycott-knighthood-black-up

Charming man.
I think May is actually doing well... on 19:24 - Nov 15 with 1371 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:00 - Nov 15 by BlueBadger

But a large part of the root cause is people not being very clever and saying things like 'we don't need experts'.

If you’re going to call other people thick it probably helps if you know what a root cause is, btw

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:25 - Nov 15 with 1361 viewsSpruceMoose

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:24 - Nov 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

If you’re going to call other people thick it probably helps if you know what a root cause is, btw

Likewise, if you're going to call people wrong it may help to actually have some expertise.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:31 - Nov 15 with 1347 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:25 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

Likewise, if you're going to call people wrong it may help to actually have some expertise.

Indeed

So what expertise do you have in living in run down UK areas, being unemployed or indeed of other Brexit-voter stereotypes?

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:35 - Nov 15 with 1335 viewsSpruceMoose

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:31 - Nov 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Indeed

So what expertise do you have in living in run down UK areas, being unemployed or indeed of other Brexit-voter stereotypes?

Well, I have been long term unemployed at one point in my life. Luckily that was whilst living in Chantry, which despite what some will tell you, isn't some kind of barren wasteland. So I can't say I have ever had the misfortune of living in a run down area.

However, my real area of expertise comes from the fact that 95% of my family are walking talking Brexit voters who live up to the stereotype. So, I have that going for me. Which is nice.

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:40 - Nov 15 with 1325 viewsBlueBadger

I think May is actually doing well... on 18:16 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

People be downvoing facts.

As with the thread below, this is how we ended up with Brexit.

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:42 - Nov 15 with 1322 viewsbluejacko

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:05 - Nov 15 by BlueBadger

We're hoping you've actually been paying attention for the last two years and are going to say 'you've seen what a clusterf*ck it is, do you believe us NOW'?

Yes I have been paying attention and all I have seen is so called politicians trying to thwart the process instead of actually working together to make this work!
So perhaps you should look and see who has actually made this into a clusterf*uck as you call it!
I think May is actually doing well... on 19:42 - Nov 15 with 1318 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:35 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

Well, I have been long term unemployed at one point in my life. Luckily that was whilst living in Chantry, which despite what some will tell you, isn't some kind of barren wasteland. So I can't say I have ever had the misfortune of living in a run down area.

However, my real area of expertise comes from the fact that 95% of my family are walking talking Brexit voters who live up to the stereotype. So, I have that going for me. Which is nice.

Fab we’re getting somewhere

Why do your family think that way?

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:44 - Nov 15 with 1313 viewsSpruceMoose

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:42 - Nov 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Fab we’re getting somewhere

Why do your family think that way?

Lack of critical thinking skills and intelligence.

Convince me I should treat what they think with respect.

Edit - They also posses a staggering unwillingness to consider that they might be incorrect when presented with evidence and arguments to the contrary.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 19:45]

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:47 - Nov 15 with 1305 viewsBlueBadger

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:42 - Nov 15 by bluejacko

Yes I have been paying attention and all I have seen is so called politicians trying to thwart the process instead of actually working together to make this work!
So perhaps you should look and see who has actually made this into a clusterf*uck as you call it!

Lying shyster politicians promising a land of unicorns and blow jobs all round,, irresponsible tabloids pushing the interests of wealthy foreign owners, dimwitted voters and an incompetent government?
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 19:48]

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:50 - Nov 15 with 1286 viewsBlueBadger

I think May is actually doing well... on 19:35 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

I live in farming community where the turkeys literally did vote for Christmas.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024