Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Paul Lambert love in 08:25 - Nov 21 with 4894 viewsMonkey

Now im 100% behind Lambert, the team has improved dramatically since he has taken over. He has shown a connection with the fans and former players and is doing a great job of building a bond.

However, He has managed 2 games and has 2 points. West Brom on Friday, if we're realistic, it will possibly be 3 games and 2/3 points.

I am please with what Lambert is doing but some people are getting so over hyped by him and think they need to just calm down a little and take a step back. He can be an amazing PR man but that doesnt change anything on the pitch. Maybe we should wait and see how many wins we get over the next X number of games before brown nosing him too much?

Some people are getting far too in to a manager who has left his last 3 clubs within the first 12 months and hasnt won a game for us yet (early days obviously).

Poll: Which division do you honestly think Ipswich will be in next season?

The Paul Lambert love in on 08:38 - Nov 21 with 4857 viewsmaccyd9

Two improved performances after a load of rubbish under Hurst, a manager who appears to have got the players on side like Mick but also got the fans back right behind the club, over 20k sold for a massive home game on Friday night and you decided now was the time to try and dampen the excitement?

Please let me know the next time you have a party....I really want to be there.
The Paul Lambert love in on 08:39 - Nov 21 with 4846 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The Paul Lambert love in on 08:40 - Nov 21 with 4849 viewsartsbossbeard

Man alive! We've just kinda recovered from having a charlatan running things who even after not recording a win in 10 games was still getting the "give him time" stuff on here.

I think PL is worth a little more respect after 2 games in charge and a notable difference tactically and positionally.

We've actually got a proper manager here now. Embrace it.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The Paul Lambert love in on 08:48 - Nov 21 with 4815 viewsGarv

I have to say I feel exactly the same.

It's actually amused me by how easily people have been drawn in by the PR so far, but that's only because of how quickly things can change, not because what he's done and how he has come across isn't encouraging. If things go sour, not that they can get much worse, the good feeling will evaporate.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The Paul Lambert love in on 09:05 - Nov 21 with 4764 viewsGuthrum

Lambert is quite deliberately maximising fan support as a vital extra weapon in the battle for survival. Overmuch circumspection or "bursting the bubble" are the last things we, as a club, need at the moment. The atmosphere had got so unhappy under McCarthy, followed by the disappointment of Hurst, that it was important to turn that around for the good of the squad.

It is also far too early to write off what the team may achieve, less than a fortnight between Lambert's arrival and Reading. Already, structure and performances are markedly better. We should wait until around the end of January before making judgement.

Finally, in all bar one case, Lambert has left these clubs in less than a year after saving them from relegation.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The Paul Lambert love in on 09:12 - Nov 21 with 4725 viewscatch74

‘the team has improved dramatically since he’s taken over’

‘He can be an amazing PR man but that doesn’t change anything on the pitch’

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

The Paul Lambert love in on 09:15 - Nov 21 with 4713 viewsGuthrum

The Paul Lambert love in on 09:05 - Nov 21 by Guthrum

Lambert is quite deliberately maximising fan support as a vital extra weapon in the battle for survival. Overmuch circumspection or "bursting the bubble" are the last things we, as a club, need at the moment. The atmosphere had got so unhappy under McCarthy, followed by the disappointment of Hurst, that it was important to turn that around for the good of the squad.

It is also far too early to write off what the team may achieve, less than a fortnight between Lambert's arrival and Reading. Already, structure and performances are markedly better. We should wait until around the end of January before making judgement.

Finally, in all bar one case, Lambert has left these clubs in less than a year after saving them from relegation.

NB: That's not because I think he's cynically manipulating the fans just to get in their good books. No, as a decent manager he understands the connection between atmosphere at the ground and team morale/motivation.

After all, most young men go into football as much for the adulation as the money. It's a prime motivator.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The Paul Lambert love in on 11:18 - Nov 21 with 4556 viewsMonkey

The Paul Lambert love in on 08:38 - Nov 21 by maccyd9

Two improved performances after a load of rubbish under Hurst, a manager who appears to have got the players on side like Mick but also got the fans back right behind the club, over 20k sold for a massive home game on Friday night and you decided now was the time to try and dampen the excitement?

Please let me know the next time you have a party....I really want to be there.

20K tickets sold due to a massive ticket promotion...

Login to get fewer ads

The Paul Lambert love in on 11:20 - Nov 21 with 4544 viewsMonkey

The Paul Lambert love in on 08:40 - Nov 21 by artsbossbeard

Man alive! We've just kinda recovered from having a charlatan running things who even after not recording a win in 10 games was still getting the "give him time" stuff on here.

I think PL is worth a little more respect after 2 games in charge and a notable difference tactically and positionally.

We've actually got a proper manager here now. Embrace it.

You say yourself a manager who had no wins in 10 games then say another manager deserves more respect for no wins in 2.

I know the numbers arent totally comparable but surely you can see a bit of hypocrisy and hindsight there?

Maybe when our "proper manager" wins some games we should all get excited but for now people just seem to be sticking their head in the sand about the fact we are huge favourites for relegation.

The Paul Lambert love in on 11:21 - Nov 21 with 4542 viewsMonkey

The Paul Lambert love in on 08:39 - Nov 21 by Kieran_Knows

Thanks for taking the time to word such a thoughtful response.

The Paul Lambert love in on 11:23 - Nov 21 with 4533 viewsKieran_Knows

The Paul Lambert love in on 11:21 - Nov 21 by Monkey

Thanks for taking the time to word such a thoughtful response.

No problem whatsoever - any time.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The Paul Lambert love in on 11:30 - Nov 21 with 4509 viewsFrimleyBlue

The Paul Lambert love in on 11:20 - Nov 21 by Monkey

You say yourself a manager who had no wins in 10 games then say another manager deserves more respect for no wins in 2.

I know the numbers arent totally comparable but surely you can see a bit of hypocrisy and hindsight there?

Maybe when our "proper manager" wins some games we should all get excited but for now people just seem to be sticking their head in the sand about the fact we are huge favourites for relegation.

The best way to summarise this

Hurst took as bottom, ripped the squad apart and did nothing other than turn up for press conferences and pick different sides for each game. Also major problems behind the scenes.

Lambert, has come in, seen the issues go further than on the pitch and is going above and beyond his job role to sort these issues out.

I think most of the forum has woken up to the fact that it might just be 'that' time after 18 years that we end up going down, we've given it a bloody good go, but finances speak in football and for all the hate Evans gets, he's still one of the best owners in the game and we simply can not blame him for not giving millions like other clubs when attendances were dropping each game........ Now, IF lambert is successful and the fans start to enjoy going to PR again, who's to say Evans won't open up again, tbf he did for Hurst, and trusted him but like Keane, got burnt, Lambert will have to earn his trust.. So all this effort Lambert is putting in, isn't just about showing face, it's showing the owner that he is in with the rest of us and he will make sure no stone is left unturned in trying to get us out of the brown stuff.

IT may not be enough, at the end of the day, the squad is what it is and we have to wait another 8 weeks before we can see any potential incomings to help,, it may be too late. BUT if it is going to be 'that' season we go down, at least have everyone trying, that's from the fans, to the players. Afterall we're all in it together.

You've chosen to use his 2 games in charge and say 2 games 0 wins.... But realistically he's 2 games into his pre season, for me from middle of December, that's when realistically we start to see what can be done under Lambert, although IMO we've already seen tasters already.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The Paul Lambert love in on 11:36 - Nov 21 with 4490 viewsDarth_Koont

Like any manager, he'll be judged by results.

But I think he's come in and done very well. Before you can even think about results, we needed to focus on performances because we'd become a poor and unthreatening team. Lambert has largely changed that around — and the accompanying mood — in just a couple of weeks.

And I haven't seen many people turn that glint of optimism into complacency that we'll definitely stay up. So I think our feet are still on the ground, stuck as they are in the mud of 24th in the table.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Paul Lambert love in on 11:40 - Nov 21 with 4476 viewsGeoffSentence

Get away with you, he's lovely.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The Paul Lambert love in on 12:11 - Nov 21 with 4429 viewsWD19

Yeah.........but no. You are wrong. Sorry.
The Paul Lambert love in on 12:29 - Nov 21 with 4377 viewsflimflam

What a chimp

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

The Paul Lambert love in on 12:31 - Nov 21 with 4368 viewsm14_blue

Why is it a bad thing if our fans are overly optimistic for once?
The Paul Lambert love in on 12:42 - Nov 21 with 4333 viewsFreddy

The Paul Lambert love in on 11:36 - Nov 21 by Darth_Koont

Like any manager, he'll be judged by results.

But I think he's come in and done very well. Before you can even think about results, we needed to focus on performances because we'd become a poor and unthreatening team. Lambert has largely changed that around — and the accompanying mood — in just a couple of weeks.

And I haven't seen many people turn that glint of optimism into complacency that we'll definitely stay up. So I think our feet are still on the ground, stuck as they are in the mud of 24th in the table.

Agree he'll be judged purely on results but he's made a good start, saying the right things and a good PR exercise by the club to invite some of our legends to training, plus cheap tickets to get a good crowd will help
The Paul Lambert love in on 13:25 - Nov 21 with 4260 viewsagentp

The Paul Lambert love in on 11:20 - Nov 21 by Monkey

We could bring any number of the most successful managers in the world right now and little is going to change all that much, until [hopefully] the transfer window.

Think you are confusing burying heads in the sand with supporting the team, because right now none of us [Lambert included] can do an awful lot about it.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

The Paul Lambert love in on 13:37 - Nov 21 with 4224 viewsElephantintheRoom

The Paul Lambert love in on 13:25 - Nov 21 by agentp

We could bring any number of the most successful managers in the world right now and little is going to change all that much, until [hopefully] the transfer window.

Think you are confusing burying heads in the sand with supporting the team, because right now none of us [Lambert included] can do an awful lot about it.

Realism is rarely well received on here. You could add that Lambert's two draws have come in the dead cat bounce against teams we would have hoped to have beaten. Perhaps 4 points was the minimum expectation within the club. This and the next two games may actually be the high water mark of the new manager's input effect. IF things don't go well on the pitch in the next two matches hope and confidence will drain away again. The ability of Lambert to galvanise a poor team and maybe actually play some of the younger players rather than sign old mates is still to be seen - mid Dec onwards maybe. But as the gullible and ever hopeful have already said he IS good at PR. Might even be good at football management still - even though nobody has seen much evidence of that for a few years.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The Paul Lambert love in on 13:43 - Nov 21 with 4201 viewsDarth_Koont

The Paul Lambert love in on 13:37 - Nov 21 by ElephantintheRoom

Realism is rarely well received on here. You could add that Lambert's two draws have come in the dead cat bounce against teams we would have hoped to have beaten. Perhaps 4 points was the minimum expectation within the club. This and the next two games may actually be the high water mark of the new manager's input effect. IF things don't go well on the pitch in the next two matches hope and confidence will drain away again. The ability of Lambert to galvanise a poor team and maybe actually play some of the younger players rather than sign old mates is still to be seen - mid Dec onwards maybe. But as the gullible and ever hopeful have already said he IS good at PR. Might even be good at football management still - even though nobody has seen much evidence of that for a few years.

Did anyone have a "minimum expectation" after seeing the end of Hurst's tenure and the Millwall game?

If so, they must be deluded.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Paul Lambert love in on 14:20 - Nov 21 with 4143 viewshammo56

Totally agree with OP.
Have been thinking the same thing myself. Will be interesting to see if people’s thoughts change if we still haven’t managed a win under Lambert after 7 or 8 games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024