Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... 17:33 - Dec 22 with 6214 viewsxrayspecs

...or is he now the enemy?
Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 17:46 - Dec 22 with 5508 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Most of section 5 SBRL were singing his name when he went off. Head's gone, not sure how anyone can sing an opposing player's name, especially when he's not even close to being a cult hero or club legend.
Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 17:56 - Dec 22 with 5444 viewsBenters2

Oh i do hope so,its been worrying me all day.
Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 18:21 - Dec 22 with 5362 viewsblaggers

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 17:46 - Dec 22 by No_Moore_Kieffer

Most of section 5 SBRL were singing his name when he went off. Head's gone, not sure how anyone can sing an opposing player's name, especially when he's not even close to being a cult hero or club legend.

He's the nearest we've got to a cult hero who is still playing.

Poll: What happens next?

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 18:30 - Dec 22 with 5334 viewsBlueBadger

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 17:46 - Dec 22 by No_Moore_Kieffer

It's nearly as weird as naming yourself after a someone who played for us for a short while but wasn't very good whilst he was here. I mean, you don't see many people on here calling themselves, I don't know, 'Nouble Knight' do you?
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 18:36]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 18:45 - Dec 22 with 5251 viewsthechancer

To be honest when he went off I thought we got a bit stronger e had a very good game today and really made them tick.
Pity he never got taken off earlier.
Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 20:30 - Dec 22 with 5077 viewsPJH

He got a good round of applause from all parts of the ground when subbed and rightly so.
We were fortunate to have such a talented player here for five years or whatever and it was always a pleasure to see him on the ball (and fit).
Pleased that most inside the ground seemed to recognize what Didzy had given us in the past-I wish we had still got him and I imagine that Paul Lambert does too.
Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 20:34 - Dec 22 with 5057 viewsBLUEBEAT

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 20:30 - Dec 22 by PJH

He got a good round of applause from all parts of the ground when subbed and rightly so.
We were fortunate to have such a talented player here for five years or whatever and it was always a pleasure to see him on the ball (and fit).
Pleased that most inside the ground seemed to recognize what Didzy had given us in the past-I wish we had still got him and I imagine that Paul Lambert does too.

I am still amazed that he spent 5 years here.

I guess he was only fit for 2 years, though.

Still a pleasure to watch but he didn’t look particularly dangerous and just the one worrying jinky run into the penalty box.

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 20:39 - Dec 22 with 5027 viewsPJH

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 20:34 - Dec 22 by BLUEBEAT

I am still amazed that he spent 5 years here.

I guess he was only fit for 2 years, though.

Still a pleasure to watch but he didn’t look particularly dangerous and just the one worrying jinky run into the penalty box.

I agree that luckily for us he was not at his best today although as you say he did look threatening on that run.
He has had far more influence on other Sheff U games that I have seen on SKY than he did today.
Login to get fewer ads

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 20:44 - Dec 22 with 5007 viewsITFC_Forever

Some morons booed him, but he rightly got a respectful round of applause when he was subbed.

I’d say McG is our player of the decade.... can’t think of any other contenders other than Bart and Murphy.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 21:09 - Dec 22 with 4917 viewsblaggers

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 20:44 - Dec 22 by ITFC_Forever

Some morons booed him, but he rightly got a respectful round of applause when he was subbed.

I’d say McG is our player of the decade.... can’t think of any other contenders other than Bart and Murphy.

That's a good shout - I'd make a case for Berra as well, in terms of the type of player we really miss!

Poll: What happens next?

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 21:09 - Dec 22 with 4911 viewsITFC_Forever

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 21:09 - Dec 22 by blaggers

That's a good shout - I'd make a case for Berra as well, in terms of the type of player we really miss!

Yep, Berra is a good call as well.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 21:37 - Dec 22 with 4822 viewsbaxterbasics

Portman Road has always given a good reception to former players, with rare exceptions. I’m thinking Jermaine Wright and Jeffers, for example.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 21:45 - Dec 22 with 4801 viewstextbackup

Fact is more people clapped him and sung his name when he went off than they clapped or sang for the team today.
Poor atmosphere up until about 80mins

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 21:46 - Dec 22 with 4788 viewsSteve_M

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 20:44 - Dec 22 by ITFC_Forever

Chambers and maybe Smith the only other contenders.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Disappointed that he got a far better.... on 21:59 - Dec 22 with 4733 viewsBloots

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 21:45 - Dec 22 by textbackup

Fact is more people clapped him and sung his name when he went off than they clapped or sang for the team today.

...."send off" than Dozzell did a minute later.

Some of our fans are very odd.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 22:00 - Dec 22 with 4728 viewsmos

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 18:30 - Dec 22 by BlueBadger

It's nearly as weird as naming yourself after a someone who played for us for a short while but wasn't very good whilst he was here. I mean, you don't see many people on here calling themselves, I don't know, 'Nouble Knight' do you?

Noubs was class.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Disappointed that he got a far better.... on 22:32 - Dec 22 with 4618 viewstextbackup

Disappointed that he got a far better.... on 21:59 - Dec 22 by Bloots

...."send off" than Dozzell did a minute later.

Some of our fans are very odd.

Standard ITFC fans.
Bloke behind me was fumning that DMG got a few boos.... yet spends all game hating our players... I just laugh

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 22:55 - Dec 22 with 4549 viewsNoubleKnight

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 18:30 - Dec 22 by BlueBadger

I don’t know, do you?
Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 23:31 - Dec 22 with 4469 viewsSuperfrans

We (and most of those around us) clapped him off. He’s the most naturally talented player we’ve had in a decade, anyone who thinks it’s appropriate to boo him is an imbecile imho.

Just my opinion.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 03:36 - Dec 23 with 4312 viewsharlingblue

He got a good, heartfelt round of applause when substituted, and responded with his own round of applause to the Ipswich supporters.
Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 05:31 - Dec 23 with 4277 viewsBenters2

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 21:45 - Dec 22 by textbackup

How strange
Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 11:01 - Dec 23 with 4074 viewsBrixtonBlue

That's just absolute rubbish. I'm in section 5 and didn't hear a single person near me singing his name. He was warmly applauded though, as is right.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 11:03 - Dec 23 with 4072 viewsBrixtonBlue

He was booed a bit early on - which is fecking stupid as he doesn't deserve it and booing a striker is about the dumbest thing you can do. Have we learnt nothing from Nuggent?!

He was applauded off when subbed, and rightly so.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 12:42 - Dec 23 with 3956 viewsLeagueOne

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 20:30 - Dec 22 by PJH

Indeed, great player for us, people have short memories and think 2013 was last week and thus Didz was only with us briefly - he scored 40+ goals in 6 seasons here. Nothing but respect from me.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 19:49 - Dec 23 with 3807 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Did Didzy get a good reception from the PR faithful today... on 11:01 - Dec 23 by BrixtonBlue

That's just absolute rubbish. I'm in section 5 and didn't hear a single person near me singing his name. He was warmly applauded though, as is right.

Possibly wasn't S5 then, but I'm in S6 and it was definitely being sung by a decent sized group of ITFC fans somewhere further down SBRL
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024