Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? 09:50 - Dec 27 with 22170 viewsGeefunk

How did he keep us so competitive in this division and keep this defense from leaking goals left, right and centre.

He is truly a football genius............
Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:27 - Dec 27 with 3452 viewsMullet

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:22 - Dec 27 by Bluesquid

Well i don't agree, Webster came in with ability and then even he started lumping the ball up. You really can't remember that? Seriously?

Smith improved for a while but not overall imo.

Knudsen, no way.

Watch Lawrence's first goal for us vs Sheffield Wednesday and the highlights of that game then get back to me on Webster.

Smith improved for a while whilst he went from nearly out of the door under Keane, to totally shell shocked under Jewell to top of the league and scoring for fun under Mick compared to the rest of his career.

Knudsen when he came in vs when he went to the World Cup?

Really you can disagree all you want, but if you're going to lecture me on what I remember and can't even cite anything close to being specific, it's best you keep drowning in your own fantasy world.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:28 - Dec 27 with 3447 viewsMullet

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:25 - Dec 27 by FrimleyBlue

surely if Smith had improved he would still be CB for us no?
Webster barely played to even improve so that's a strange one to be included

Or peak, get injured and decide he can't hack the demands of the Championship when a cushy MLS contract is on offer, as is what happened.

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:31 - Dec 27 with 3438 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:27 - Dec 27 by Mullet

Watch Lawrence's first goal for us vs Sheffield Wednesday and the highlights of that game then get back to me on Webster.

Smith improved for a while whilst he went from nearly out of the door under Keane, to totally shell shocked under Jewell to top of the league and scoring for fun under Mick compared to the rest of his career.

Knudsen when he came in vs when he went to the World Cup?

Really you can disagree all you want, but if you're going to lecture me on what I remember and can't even cite anything close to being specific, it's best you keep drowning in your own fantasy world.

? what's Webster got to do with the first goal?

Also, note again how many saves bart had to make again, and how slow our defence was to reacting...........

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:32 - Dec 27 with 3441 viewsBluesquid

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:25 - Dec 27 by FrimleyBlue

surely if Smith had improved he would still be CB for us no?
Webster barely played to even improve so that's a strange one to be included

I said that Smith imo did not improve overall under Mick.
Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:34 - Dec 27 with 3432 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:32 - Dec 27 by Bluesquid

I said that Smith imo did not improve overall under Mick.

yeah blue, I'm in agreement with you, I was replying to mullet

Don't worry, there's still a lot of blinkered Mick lovers on here. Everything was rosey under Mick.

Waka waka eh eh

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:35 - Dec 27 with 3439 viewsitfcjoe

Think nearly all the fanbase agree it was time for Mick to go, and that the succession has been a disaster.

But there were plenty of us saying that too many fans don’t realise that Mick is holding the club together in many ways, that those who hated Mick irrationally still try and pick holes in him is mind boggling.

They are the same people who were saying he was underperforming with a good squad, but now claim he left a bad one

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:38 - Dec 27 with 3428 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:35 - Dec 27 by itfcjoe

Think nearly all the fanbase agree it was time for Mick to go, and that the succession has been a disaster.

But there were plenty of us saying that too many fans don’t realise that Mick is holding the club together in many ways, that those who hated Mick irrationally still try and pick holes in him is mind boggling.

They are the same people who were saying he was underperforming with a good squad, but now claim he left a bad one

Why is it picking holes when the OP is classing him as a Genius, are we not just discussing why we don't feel he is?

Waka waka eh eh

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:39 - Dec 27 with 3426 viewsitfcjoe

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:38 - Dec 27 by FrimleyBlue

Why is it picking holes when the OP is classing him as a Genius, are we not just discussing why we don't feel he is?

Mostly it’s because the majority of the points are absolute bobbins

Login to get fewer ads

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:42 - Dec 27 with 3419 viewsBluesquid

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:39 - Dec 27 by itfcjoe

4 points off the drop - absolute bobbins.

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:46 - Dec 27 with 3401 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:39 - Dec 27 by itfcjoe

For some people

for others, Mick wasn't a wanted manager for a while and there were a lot of negative points. Just like for some there are plenty of positives.

I think it's bobbins that people say Mick overachieved, when he didn't
I think it's bobbins that people can't see defensive issues over the past 3 seasons

But that's the joy of a forum

Waka waka eh eh

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:50 - Dec 27 with 3394 viewsitfcjoe

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:42 - Dec 27 by Bluesquid

Safe with 3 games to go, and then binned off the season and finished 5 or so places clear - hardly the great escape was it?!

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:52 - Dec 27 with 3391 viewsitfcjoe

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:42 - Dec 27 by Bluesquid

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:55 - Dec 27 with 3380 viewsitfcjoe

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:46 - Dec 27 by FrimleyBlue

For some people

for others, Mick wasn't a wanted manager for a while and there were a lot of negative points. Just like for some there are plenty of positives.

I think it's bobbins that people say Mick overachieved, when he didn't
I think it's bobbins that people can't see defensive issues over the past 3 seasons

But that's the joy of a forum

The problem is a lot is demonstrably untrue

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:56 - Dec 27 with 3373 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:50 - Dec 27 by itfcjoe

Safe with 3 games to go, and then binned off the season and finished 5 or so places clear - hardly the great escape was it?!

Is that success? getting down to 3 games to go and being safe.

Granted we'll take that this season... but it wasn't a great achievement imo.

Waka waka eh eh

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:57 - Dec 27 with 3369 viewsBluesquid

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:50 - Dec 27 by itfcjoe

4 points clear thanks to Bart and Lawrence NOT the defence.
Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:01 - Dec 27 with 3360 viewsitfcjoe

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:56 - Dec 27 by FrimleyBlue

Is that success? getting down to 3 games to go and being safe.

Granted we'll take that this season... but it wasn't a great achievement imo.

I didn’t say it was success, but that we were hardly in a big relegation scrap and that season was deemed as a disaster - what does it make this one!

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:04 - Dec 27 with 3349 viewsitfcjoe

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:57 - Dec 27 by Bluesquid

4 points clear thanks to Bart and Lawrence NOT the defence.

So 2 of Micks signings performing well is your biggest criticism of Mick?

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:06 - Dec 27 with 3342 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:01 - Dec 27 by itfcjoe

I didn’t say it was success, but that we were hardly in a big relegation scrap and that season was deemed as a disaster - what does it make this one!

Clearly this is even worse. But Blue is right in Lawrence, without his goals alone, we'd have been bottom 3 that season - And only 9/10 goals at that?, but what crackers he scored thankfully
Obviously that's why you sign players. BUT we were incredibly lucky the injury curse didn't hit at the wrong time with him.

Some crackers there.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2018 15:09]

Waka waka eh eh

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:11 - Dec 27 with 3326 viewsMullet

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 14:31 - Dec 27 by FrimleyBlue

? what's Webster got to do with the first goal?

Also, note again how many saves bart had to make again, and how slow our defence was to reacting...........

Read the two parts back separately as they're written.

The goal - shows how Mick got Lawrence and us going and we ripped apart a very expensive side.

Then look at what Webster does on that video. Earlier he'd given away a penalty at Wolves in the same situation.

The irony being you've just proven why you 2minute wonders don't know the detail on Mick or anyone else's time here. That video doesn't even show Webster picking out a 50-60 yard pass as he did with his weaker foot in the first half.

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:11 - Dec 27 with 3323 viewsmrshallisfit

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 13:46 - Dec 27 by Bluesquid

He's an impact manager but not a manger that is going to develope and improve a player.

Defensive players stagnate under McCarthy because of the defensive tactics he employs.

Jeez. To say you are as dumb as a bag of spanners is to do a disservice to spanners. And bags.
Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:12 - Dec 27 with 3322 viewsBluesquid

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:04 - Dec 27 by itfcjoe

So 2 of Micks signings performing well is your biggest criticism of Mick?

My biggest criticism of Mick is that imo he failed to improve the defence (outfield) due to his lump it long tactics.
Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:14 - Dec 27 with 3304 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:11 - Dec 27 by Mullet

Read the two parts back separately as they're written.

The goal - shows how Mick got Lawrence and us going and we ripped apart a very expensive side.

Then look at what Webster does on that video. Earlier he'd given away a penalty at Wolves in the same situation.

The irony being you've just proven why you 2minute wonders don't know the detail on Mick or anyone else's time here. That video doesn't even show Webster picking out a 50-60 yard pass as he did with his weaker foot in the first half.

I was replying as you're sentence made it out that Webster had a hand In the goal, hence me looking at it.

I don't disagree with Webster footballing ability, I've not questioned that on this thread. My reply to you was based on that sentence and I was wandering if I was looking at the wrong game.

Waka waka eh eh

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:19 - Dec 27 with 3276 viewsitfcjoe

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:06 - Dec 27 by FrimleyBlue

Clearly this is even worse. But Blue is right in Lawrence, without his goals alone, we'd have been bottom 3 that season - And only 9/10 goals at that?, but what crackers he scored thankfully
Obviously that's why you sign players. BUT we were incredibly lucky the injury curse didn't hit at the wrong time with him.

Some crackers there.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2018 15:09]

We built ourselves to play around him, and had him taking all the set pieces etc - of course we would have missed his goals as our top scorer but any team does. If he wasn’t playing we wouldn’t have played with 10 men, we’d have changed things up.

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:20 - Dec 27 with 3267 viewsitfcjoe

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:12 - Dec 27 by Bluesquid

My biggest criticism of Mick is that imo he failed to improve the defence (outfield) due to his lump it long tactics.

The defence was there to defend, which they largely did well enough at

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:21 - Dec 27 with 3262 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:19 - Dec 27 by itfcjoe

We built ourselves to play around him, and had him taking all the set pieces etc - of course we would have missed his goals as our top scorer but any team does. If he wasn’t playing we wouldn’t have played with 10 men, we’d have changed things up.

And you still think we'd have kept out of the bottom 3, with say Ward in instead of Lawrence?

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024