Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? 09:50 - Dec 27 with 22172 viewsGeefunk

How did he keep us so competitive in this division and keep this defense from leaking goals left, right and centre.

He is truly a football genius............
Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:55 - Dec 27 with 2058 viewsBluesquid

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:37 - Dec 27 by Herbivore

'Thought' is a bad word to use in or alongside any of your posts, mate.

That's not very nice is it?

Bit of subtle bullying coming from Herbivore.

You like that in real life are you?
Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:55 - Dec 27 with 2056 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:52 - Dec 27 by itfcjoe

Waghorn didn’t score for 15 games in a row at one point? So what?

This mental gymnastics is exhausting

Waghorn didn't need to score when he was on set pieces

Best corner kicks since Cresser

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:58 - Dec 27 with 2041 viewsFrimleyBlue

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:55 - Dec 27 by Bluesquid

That's not very nice is it?

Bit of subtle bullying coming from Herbivore.

You like that in real life are you?

Don't take it personally Bluesquid. Herbz doesn't like it when people show him up.

And Joe just joins in with what ever the popular view point is

One minute he's mick out, next hes mick in. Hurst out, Hurst in.

Even Herz moaned about football under Mick once, but suddenly football was brilliant under him last year. You kinda see how they chance their views depending on who they're talking with..........

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 16:03 - Dec 27 with 2031 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:54 - Dec 27 by FrimleyBlue

Safe in midtable? we finished 4 points off bottom 3 Darth. Wasn't anywhere near as this season, but it certainly didn't feel safe.

It's easy now to sit back and say, no worries, we weren't close. But even Mick himself said we were in a battle with the bottom clubs so even he could see it was a problem.

I'm saying that without Lawrence's goals we were midtable. He came to the fore after that when yes, we needed players to step up. Emyr Huws came in and stepped up too remember?

You've gone all-in with this idea that Lawrence kept us up that season but it's pretty clear that it was a team effort.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 16:07 - Dec 27 with 2020 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:58 - Dec 27 by FrimleyBlue

Don't take it personally Bluesquid. Herbz doesn't like it when people show him up.

Even Herz moaned about football under Mick once, but suddenly football was brilliant under him last year. You kinda see how they chance their views depending on who they're talking with..........

Why are you getting so silly about this?

To carry on your idea then we just need one new player in January? Say, Lawrence if Derby unexpectedly made him available for a loan?

I don't think it's as simple as that. After all, Sears has done the Lawrence job this season so far and we're rock bottom.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 16:11 - Dec 27 with 2006 viewsitfcjoe

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:58 - Dec 27 by FrimleyBlue

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 16:19 - Dec 27 with 1983 viewscbower

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:27 - Dec 27 by itfcjoe

We conceded 58 goals that season, a decent enough record.

Less than 3rd place Reading, the same as 5th place Hudds and one more than 6th place Fulham.

Defending, quite clearly, wasn’t our problem that season

Oh Joe! You and your evidence. Don't cloud this nonsense with sanity based on fact. That's not fair at all.

bluescouser

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 16:31 - Dec 27 with 1962 viewsHerbivore

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:49 - Dec 27 by FrimleyBlue

Garner, Celina, Mcg 23 over the whole season in all competitions. Not a great return imo. and none of them scored in the final 3 months of the season and only 1 of them in 2018 itself.

That would be because Garner and Didz were injured. You honestly know almost nothing about your own team. It's embarrassing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 16:36 - Dec 27 with 1956 viewsHerbivore

Shown up? From the man who seems to know nothing about the football at his own side for the last 2-3 years I find that quite hilarious. Your argument is all over the place, you've been shown to have been factually inaccurate several times now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 19:00 - Dec 27 with 1876 viewstextbackup

you know what, I was amongst his biggest critics on here but as time has gone on (since hes left) many things have started to make a bit more sense.
I got caught up with it all, the emotional side of being a fan took over any rational thinking.
i'm not saying he should be completely void of criticism, not in any way shape or form, but there are some aspects that looking back I sort of see what he was doing.
not afraid to admit that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 19:13 - Dec 27 with 1853 viewsBluesquid

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 19:00 - Dec 27 by textbackup

you know what, I was amongst his biggest critics on here but as time has gone on (since hes left) many things have started to make a bit more sense.
I got caught up with it all, the emotional side of being a fan took over any rational thinking.
i'm not saying he should be completely void of criticism, not in any way shape or form, but there are some aspects that looking back I sort of see what he was doing.
not afraid to admit that

Interesting, what aspects do you look at differently now?
Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 19:51 - Dec 27 with 1823 viewsANNA3ROA

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 10:09 - Dec 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

Nice try.

There was a poll on this, and all 72 EFL clubs voted that they didn't rate him enough to offer him a job. ;-)

Mick McCarthy is also to blame for Ipswich downfall negative midfield hoof ball over the top? We have nobody in midfield now who can score? it might look pretty to watch but we need players who can SCORE GOALS and also Ipswich are very light weight. P.L Please which ever players come in make sure they are middle weight type and know how to score GOALS like john Wark..
Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 19:56 - Dec 27 with 1817 viewstextbackup

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 19:13 - Dec 27 by Bluesquid

Interesting, what aspects do you look at differently now?

one thing for me is the chambers at RB.
at the time it drove me nuts, but looking at it now he wanted/needed his captain in that team, chambers worth to us is massive (as a captain not necessarily a player) MM probably didn't rate him a CB, but didn't tell him this, him made him feel a huge part of plans and that he needed him.

this could all be made up BS in my head, but it sort of makes sense now

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 05:59 - Dec 28 with 1730 viewsBenters2

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 15:54 - Dec 27 by FrimleyBlue

Safe in midtable? we finished 4 points off bottom 3 Darth. Wasn't anywhere near as this season, but it certainly didn't feel safe.

It's easy now to sit back and say, no worries, we weren't close. But even Mick himself said we were in a battle with the bottom clubs so even he could see it was a problem.

Yep he did say that.

They won’t have it though!

(Please insert the worst finish in some 58 years were applicable)
Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 07:50 - Dec 28 with 1708 viewsBlueAllOver

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 05:59 - Dec 28 by Benters2

Yep he did say that.

They won’t have it though!

(Please insert the worst finish in some 58 years were applicable)

Ooh for this season if only we can achieve the dizzy heights of worst finish in 58 years.
Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 07:56 - Dec 28 with 1698 viewsBenters2

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 07:50 - Dec 28 by BlueAllOver

Ooh for this season if only we can achieve the dizzy heights of worst finish in 58 years.

I think we may just manage that one numpty.
Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 08:00 - Dec 28 with 1693 viewsBlueAllOver

Is it time to herald Mick McCarthy as a football genius ?? on 07:56 - Dec 28 by Benters2

I think we may just manage that one numpty.

So you think we will match the 16th place do you old boy?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024