Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fifa Generation 18:40 - Jan 1 with 3238 viewsBurwell_Blue

Those that think ‘£7 million’ is nothing, like they are tapping away furiously in their bedrooms playing Fifa make my blood boil.

It’s the real world kids. How can they be educated? Is there nothing but time that can help in this situation?
Fifa Generation on 18:41 - Jan 1 with 3218 viewspointofblue

The problem is £7m, in footballing terms, is nothing. It would hardly buy a half decent player at this level now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Fifa Generation on 18:42 - Jan 1 with 3206 viewsWD19

I think frustration on all sides is more than understandable. What nobody knows for sure is exactly what a ‘self sustaining’ Ipswich Town looks like. I am guessing not at all pretty.
Fifa Generation on 18:42 - Jan 1 with 3201 viewsBurwell_Blue

Fifa Generation on 18:41 - Jan 1 by pointofblue

The problem is £7m, in footballing terms, is nothing. It would hardly buy a half decent player at this level now.

I don’t disagree one bit but I don’t have £7million. No one on this board does, yet the one person who does pay the bills is Satan himself because things are not going right?
Fifa Generation on 18:44 - Jan 1 with 3184 viewsJ2BLUE

It's easy to have endless ambition with someone else's money. Unfortunately in the real world choices need to be made and as much as people think they'd throw every penny at the club or hand over a winning Euromillions ticket they probably wouldn't if they were actually in that position.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Fifa Generation on 18:44 - Jan 1 with 3178 viewsblueconscience

Fifa Generation on 18:42 - Jan 1 by Burwell_Blue

I don’t disagree one bit but I don’t have £7million. No one on this board does, yet the one person who does pay the bills is Satan himself because things are not going right?

If he can’t afford to run a football club, that is his problem and it turns into our problem

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Fifa Generation on 18:46 - Jan 1 with 3160 viewspointofblue

Fifa Generation on 18:42 - Jan 1 by Burwell_Blue

He probably needs to be a more visible, hands on owner now. He's putting the money in but we're getting to the point where fans cannot understand where it's going, what the end game is, what is feasible in terms of expectation. The deeper into the mire we go the louder the silence at the top becomes - this is the biggest month for the club in current times; how are we going to approach it?

Fifa Generation on 18:48 - Jan 1 with 3129 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m not sure that “real world” values and expectations apply to football. I haven’t worked in too many organisations where £10k per week was seen as a low wage, for example.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Fifa Generation on 18:49 - Jan 1 with 3104 viewsDurovigutum

Same as those who think £350 million is a lot in the government budget. Never use a number in isolation as it will say whatever narrative you give it, like perhaps 10 points from safety needs to sit with 15 points from 25 games or 7million for one player needs to sit with 18million TURNOVER.
Login to get fewer ads

Fifa Generation on 19:08 - Jan 1 with 3033 viewsITFC_Forever

Fifa Generation on 18:42 - Jan 1 by WD19

I think frustration on all sides is more than understandable. What nobody knows for sure is exactly what a ‘self sustaining’ Ipswich Town looks like. I am guessing not at all pretty.

A self-sustaining club plays either in the Prem, with all the riches that brings, or several levels below the Champ, where player wages are not >100% of turnover.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 19:08]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Fifa Generation on 19:18 - Jan 1 with 3002 viewsRegencyBlue

In the world of football £7 million is pretty much nothing.

There is a whole different argument to be had as to whether that should be the case but it’s a fact.

I can assure you I am not part of the FIFA generation, just a long term supporter of well over 40 years who is sick and tired of watching the Evans regime run the club into the ground. I can’t afford to buy it but I’m entitled to express my disgust at what is happening.
Fifa Generation on 19:23 - Jan 1 with 2949 viewsstrikalite

Fifa Generation on 19:18 - Jan 1 by RegencyBlue

In the world of football £7 million is pretty much nothing.

There is a whole different argument to be had as to whether that should be the case but it’s a fact.

I can assure you I am not part of the FIFA generation, just a long term supporter of well over 40 years who is sick and tired of watching the Evans regime run the club into the ground. I can’t afford to buy it but I’m entitled to express my disgust at what is happening.

£7m is nothing in the Prem, an average figure for a player in the Championship, a lot of money in League One...so it's no surprise we're heading there, it's where we now belong.
Fifa Generation on 19:23 - Jan 1 with 2952 views44_not_out

Fifa Generation on 18:41 - Jan 1 by pointofblue

Really......?

Martyn Waghorn
Joe Garner
Adam Webster

None of the above cost anywhere near £7m.

Sadly Hurst (the ‘young hungry tracksuited’ one many thought was the new messiah) decided to sell them.
Fifa Generation on 19:28 - Jan 1 with 2915 viewspointofblue

Fifa Generation on 19:23 - Jan 1 by 44_not_out

Really......?

Martyn Waghorn
Joe Garner
Adam Webster

None of the above cost anywhere near £7m.

Sadly Hurst (the ‘young hungry tracksuited’ one many thought was the new messiah) decided to sell them.

I said BUY; weren't Waghorn and Garner free transfers? Webster was a swap deal with Clarke.

Fifa Generation on 19:31 - Jan 1 with 2894 viewsjas0999

It’s all relative. No different to buying a house. To some £150 K is a hell of a lot of money for a house, but to others £1M is nothing. In football terms, £7M is nothing for a championship team, assuming of course you even believe Evans puts that money in. In recent years, he has utilised transfer fee profits to subsidise that figure, then of course makes money by offsetting loses of a full debt amount, which he originally purchased a large chunk for an absolute fraction.
Fifa Generation on 19:33 - Jan 1 with 2890 viewsmonytowbray

Where does this logic end? Should wprkers not protest their bosses because they pay them? Should the public not protest spending because they only paid a % of tax? Should those protesting fracking shut up because they’re not the ones investing in any form of energy?

The answer to all of the above is “No” because it would be stupid. I pay towards this club as do many supporters. They did before Evans and will after Evans. They are entitled to express frustration as much as anyone else.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Fifa Generation on 19:35 - Jan 1 with 2873 viewsBloomBlue

Fifa Generation on 18:44 - Jan 1 by blueconscience

If he can’t afford to run a football club, that is his problem and it turns into our problem

But he can afford to run one, he's running us. The problem is he's not putting in the 100s of millions the fans want him to put in
Fifa Generation on 19:36 - Jan 1 with 2872 views44_not_out

Fifa Generation on 19:28 - Jan 1 by pointofblue

I said BUY; weren't Waghorn and Garner free transfers? Webster was a swap deal with Clarke.

Free transfers.... hmmm, I’d go and check if I were you....

Plus Clarke was only the make weight in the Webster deal. I think we paid about £750K
Fifa Generation on 19:37 - Jan 1 with 2866 viewsblueconscience

Fifa Generation on 19:35 - Jan 1 by BloomBlue

But he can afford to run one, he's running us. The problem is he's not putting in the 100s of millions the fans want him to put in

If only all the other teams considered wages as the only part of running a football club, it would be much more even.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 19:40]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Fifa Generation on 20:06 - Jan 1 with 2778 viewsKievthegreat

Fifa Generation on 18:44 - Jan 1 by J2BLUE

It's easy to have endless ambition with someone else's money. Unfortunately in the real world choices need to be made and as much as people think they'd throw every penny at the club or hand over a winning Euromillions ticket they probably wouldn't if they were actually in that position.

Exactly. If I won the Euromillions I'd not buy the club. It currently loses millions every year. After a decade you'd probably be penniless, and that's without the investment needed to push things on, that's just by keeping her ticking along like Evans has done.
Fifa Generation on 20:10 - Jan 1 with 2761 viewspointofblue

Fifa Generation on 19:36 - Jan 1 by 44_not_out

Free transfers.... hmmm, I’d go and check if I were you....

Plus Clarke was only the make weight in the Webster deal. I think we paid about £750K

Yes, you're right, just had a brainwave in the middle of Doctor Who that we paid half a million for them, was it? Good deals all round in the end.

Fifa Generation on 20:47 - Jan 1 with 2672 viewsElderGrizzly

Fifa Generation on 19:31 - Jan 1 by jas0999

It’s all relative. No different to buying a house. To some £150 K is a hell of a lot of money for a house, but to others £1M is nothing. In football terms, £7M is nothing for a championship team, assuming of course you even believe Evans puts that money in. In recent years, he has utilised transfer fee profits to subsidise that figure, then of course makes money by offsetting loses of a full debt amount, which he originally purchased a large chunk for an absolute fraction.

This is still as incorrect as the first time you trotted it out and the time after and the time after that. Even when Phil corrects you, you still put it.

You’re getting closer, but still no cigar
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024