Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hats off to Sadiq 08:52 - Jan 2 with 11364 viewsfactual_blue

Top trolling.

The gammonista snowflakes are turning blue and yellow with indignation.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/sadiq-khan-eu-fireworks-london_uk_5c2b5a7

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:40 - Jan 2 with 3202 viewsitfcjoe

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:37 - Jan 2 by stonojnr

the mayors office allocates about £2.3 million pounds for the event, with the funding of ticket sales/concession stands its expected to have cost 3.2 million overall.

so if the fireworks only cost 300k (which makes sense as it lasted 11mins and Sydney does 20mins twice in an evening and it doesnt cost them millions) work out where the rest went...

it does seem ridiculous way to literally burn money as some kind of international who has got the biggest rocket contest that no-one will ever bother watching video of again

In fairness me 2 year old loves watching the fireworks back on YouTube....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:43 - Jan 2 with 3187 viewsSpruceMoose

Hats off to Sadiq on 11:40 - Jan 2 by Benters2

He’s a prize prick and should be ashamed of himself.

We all know what you're really saying, Alf Garnett.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:44 - Jan 2 with 3179 viewsLord_Lucan

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:37 - Jan 2 by stonojnr

the mayors office allocates about £2.3 million pounds for the event, with the funding of ticket sales/concession stands its expected to have cost 3.2 million overall.

so if the fireworks only cost 300k (which makes sense as it lasted 11mins and Sydney does 20mins twice in an evening and it doesnt cost them millions) work out where the rest went...

it does seem ridiculous way to literally burn money as some kind of international who has got the biggest rocket contest that no-one will ever bother watching video of again

I haven’t an issue in the slightest public funding an event such as this, my problem is the mayor sticking his nose in into things he knows nothing about.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:45 - Jan 2 with 3173 viewsJ2BLUE

Hats off to Sadiq on 10:26 - Jan 2 by factual_blue

Tickets are £10, and they sell 100,000 of them. That alone covers about half of the cost.

100,000 from all around the UK and Europe bringing money into London as well.

I didn't even notice the EU flag thing. It's actually very clever. I'm not fan of Khan but can't really see what the fuss is about. It's hard to criticise anything that upsets Andrew Bridgen.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:46 - Jan 2 with 3163 viewsSpruceMoose

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:44 - Jan 2 by Lord_Lucan

I haven’t an issue in the slightest public funding an event such as this, my problem is the mayor sticking his nose in into things he knows nothing about.

London voted overwhelmingly to remain. He's just advocating for his citizen's interests and acting in line with their wishes as far as I can tell.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:48 - Jan 2 with 3153 viewsSpruceMoose

There are some contenders on this thread for the 2019 blub of the year already.

Hats off to Sadiq on 14:07 - Jan 2 with 3117 viewsLord_Lucan

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:46 - Jan 2 by SpruceMoose

London voted overwhelmingly to remain. He's just advocating for his citizen's interests and acting in line with their wishes as far as I can tell.

You are missing the point. Read my post on page one.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Hats off to Sadiq on 14:07 - Jan 2 with 3116 viewsBenters2

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:30 - Jan 2 by SpruceMoose

Yet it is the leftwingers who are snowflakes apparently

Sprucetwtd is needing a new box of wet wipes HQ !
Login to get fewer ads

Hats off to Sadiq on 14:12 - Jan 2 with 3109 viewsm14_blue

Hats off to Sadiq on 10:04 - Jan 2 by crunchie1978

Truely disgusting individual....choosing a time like that to make a point when there was literally people dying on HIS streets at the same time.
He's out of for his own political gain....but saying that...would another mayor...from another political party be any different.

That seems like a balanced and proportionate response.
Hats off to Sadiq on 14:14 - Jan 2 with 3103 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:48 - Jan 2 by SpruceMoose

There are some contenders on this thread for the 2019 blub of the year already.

Can i have a go please...........................Actually, no.
I watched the display on TV after returning from a NYE party. The fireworks were splendid, brought pleasure to countless people, many businesses benefitted greatly from the extra revenue and in the grand scheme of things it wasn,t overly expensive.
I couldn,t care who the Mayor of London is either, but whoever it may be at any given time, jolly good show every year.

On another note, we were in Hue, Vietnam a couple of years ago during Tet, their New Year. The government had withdrawn funding for the annual fireworks at the time because of rebuilding roads and some infrastructure due to severe flooding the previous Autumn. The local populace were not impressed at all. Communism, hey!

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Hats off to Sadiq on 14:22 - Jan 2 with 3075 viewsfooters

Hats off to Sadiq on 14:14 - Jan 2 by StochesStotasBlewe

Can i have a go please...........................Actually, no.
I watched the display on TV after returning from a NYE party. The fireworks were splendid, brought pleasure to countless people, many businesses benefitted greatly from the extra revenue and in the grand scheme of things it wasn,t overly expensive.
I couldn,t care who the Mayor of London is either, but whoever it may be at any given time, jolly good show every year.

On another note, we were in Hue, Vietnam a couple of years ago during Tet, their New Year. The government had withdrawn funding for the annual fireworks at the time because of rebuilding roads and some infrastructure due to severe flooding the previous Autumn. The local populace were not impressed at all. Communism, hey!

Exactly, a few million for a display enjoyed by countless people is a drop in the ocean compared to, say, the ~£2bn a month we've been hemorrhaging since the Leave vote...

But going down there is an absolute nightmare. Went once, never again.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Hats off to Sadiq on 14:31 - Jan 2 with 3051 viewsSpruceMoose

Hats off to Sadiq on 13:46 - Jan 2 by SpruceMoose

I do not disagree with you that one should always defer to the experts in most matters. Especially those which involve plentiful explosions.

However, the quality of the firework display is not what has got the usual suspects spitting feathers!

Hats off to Sadiq on 14:36 - Jan 2 with 3030 viewsLeagueOne

Hats off to Sadiq on 09:42 - Jan 2 by BullardsMagicMullet

What a waste of money.

Couldn't the money be used for better purposes like helping the homeless or fighting knife crime and moped muggings?

That's exactly what he would have said had Boris been Mayor and went OTT on the British stuff post Brexit. But because it was done by someone from Labour it's okay.

Classic red vs. blue pointless non politics.

Meanwhile in the real world.... "trollin' da gamon like' yeah well good init"

Grow up.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Hats off to Sadiq on 14:41 - Jan 2 with 3021 viewsSpruceMoose

Hats off to Sadiq on 14:07 - Jan 2 by Benters2

Sprucetwtd is needing a new box of wet wipes HQ !

You're the one with wet eyes matey!

Hats off to Sadiq on 14:46 - Jan 2 with 3011 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Hats off to Sadiq on 14:22 - Jan 2 by footers

Exactly, a few million for a display enjoyed by countless people is a drop in the ocean compared to, say, the ~£2bn a month we've been hemorrhaging since the Leave vote...

But going down there is an absolute nightmare. Went once, never again.

Mrs Pinewood went a few years back.
She said exactly the same.....plus a round of 7 drinks in a hotel near Trafalgar Square came to over £90.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Hats off to Sadiq on 14:50 - Jan 2 with 3001 viewsfooters

Hats off to Sadiq on 14:46 - Jan 2 by StochesStotasBlewe

Mrs Pinewood went a few years back.
She said exactly the same.....plus a round of 7 drinks in a hotel near Trafalgar Square came to over £90.

You know the problem with expensive rounds like that is you need another drink to get over the shock!

When you off to Asia, buh? Getting out of here this month would be luvly!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Hats off to Sadiq on 15:00 - Jan 2 with 2980 viewstcblue

Guys, I just heard the Gregg's vegan sausage rolls are Halal
Hats off to Sadiq on 15:10 - Jan 2 with 2963 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Hats off to Sadiq on 14:50 - Jan 2 by footers

You know the problem with expensive rounds like that is you need another drink to get over the shock!

When you off to Asia, buh? Getting out of here this month would be luvly!

Looking to go in November. Thanks to you lot here, we have decided to go independently, just looking at flights now as it happens.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024