Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6 Music getting it all wrong 10:08 - Jan 10 with 12029 viewsartsbossbeard

Much as I enjoy music, I don't really want a full on muso lovey with my cornflakes. And what's her thing with shortening words constantly?

Give me the dour, content less Keaveny any day of the week (well, Monday to Friday).

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

6 Music getting it all wrong on 11:05 - Jan 10 with 11912 viewshoppy

On the plus side, you can have quite a nice lay-in, if waiting until Keaveny is on to have your breakfast and head to work...

I also am still to be convniced that Lauren Laverne is right for that time of day. I'm not feeling it at the moment.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

6 Music getting it all wrong on 11:20 - Jan 10 with 11871 viewsStNeotsBlue

I don't mind.Lauren Laverne too much but I find Mary Anne Hobbs irritating beyond belief. Losing the Radcliffe and Maconie show to the weekends is the biggest blow to the schedule.
NO NO NO NO NO on 11:26 - Jan 10 with 11861 viewsFunge

etc etc

Lauren Laverne is terrific, and the only one of the daytime DJs that plays any hip-hop at all. I am a big fan of her show.

Keaveny is a total cretin. Literally, the actual same show, every single day, for 6. Whole. Years.

The same jokes. The same dull self-depreciating schtick. The same jingles. The bloke makes Steve Wright look like DJ Shadow.

Now Keaveny has been shoved onto the afternoon show, I can turn over and listen to H&J on Talksh1te instead; most pleasing.

Very pleased they got rid of Stuart Maconie too, he's terribly dull. No-one is worse that Carys Matthews though; I cannot abide her.

In any case, the best 6Music shows are Huey & Craig Charles on the Saturday.

The End.
6 Music getting it all wrong on 11:27 - Jan 10 with 11849 viewsFunge

6 Music getting it all wrong on 11:20 - Jan 10 by StNeotsBlue

I don't mind.Lauren Laverne too much but I find Mary Anne Hobbs irritating beyond belief. Losing the Radcliffe and Maconie show to the weekends is the biggest blow to the schedule.

Totally agree about MAH. Speak up woman, I am irritable and cannot hear you.

Big Radcliffe fan (get well soon MR), but. as mentioned below, cannot abide Maconie.
6 Music getting it all wrong on 11:39 - Jan 10 with 11812 viewsDubtractor

6 Music getting it all wrong on 11:20 - Jan 10 by StNeotsBlue

Mah and nemone both bore me. 2 hours of ambient bibble presented in simpering tones.

Quite like Laverne though.

Best show on 6 is Marc Riley by far.

Also, Steve lamaqc should have been put in landfill years ago. Awful show.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 11:46]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

6 Music getting it all wrong on 11:48 - Jan 10 with 11796 viewsRobTheMonk

Weirdly, I just discovered Radio 6 yesterday. I quite like it. There seems to be a nice variety to the music. Is that newbie early relationship bliss or will it turn sour?
6 Music getting it all wrong on 11:51 - Jan 10 with 11777 viewsDubtractor

6 Music getting it all wrong on 11:48 - Jan 10 by RobTheMonk

Weirdly, I just discovered Radio 6 yesterday. I quite like it. There seems to be a nice variety to the music. Is that newbie early relationship bliss or will it turn sour?

It's not as good as it used to be, as it's a bit playlist heavy, but it's just about the best station going still.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

6 Music getting it all wrong on 12:11 - Jan 10 with 11743 viewsJohnny_Boy

Unsure why people still continue to bother with 6Music.

Was essential listening till around 2009, until it became the Playlist bloated beast it prided itself of NOT being. The Mark Riley show being the only thing good about it.

Get an Internet radio, or download TuneIn radio APP & listen to WFMU (NYC) or KEXP (Seattle).
Both stations have excellent knowledgeable morning shows, so working out the best time to listen to them this side of the Ocean is part of the fun - plus you'll need to factor in the East Coast / West Coast time delay.

If you like your music a bit lighter (jazz) then FIP (France) is a great immersive experience.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 12:20]
Login to get fewer ads

6 Music getting it all wrong on 12:18 - Jan 10 with 11716 viewshampstead_blue

Agree with the OP.

LL isn't quite my cup of tea. Her playlist are a bit wishy washy.
She's never going to play Slaves, White Denim, and Zep. A bit too Laura Marling.

However, Keaveny in the afternoon is a treat.

Can we get Jupitus back please.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

6 Music getting it all wrong on 12:22 - Jan 10 with 11700 viewsBluefish

I have honestly no idea what 6 music is. I just assumed it was a station for teenagers trying to be edgy

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

6 Music getting it all wrong on 12:23 - Jan 10 with 11695 viewsbluewein

6 Music getting it all wrong on 11:51 - Jan 10 by Dubtractor

It's not as good as it used to be, as it's a bit playlist heavy, but it's just about the best station going still.

Agree it's still the best, but I think the problem with it now is it can be ridiculously pretentious.

Lavern seems to fit in to that mould, same with Matthews and Peterson (although I absolutely love Petersons show, so not sure what that says about me really...)

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

6 Music getting it all wrong on 12:31 - Jan 10 with 11674 viewsJohnny_Boy

6 Music getting it all wrong on 12:23 - Jan 10 by bluewein

Agree it's still the best, but I think the problem with it now is it can be ridiculously pretentious.

Lavern seems to fit in to that mould, same with Matthews and Peterson (although I absolutely love Petersons show, so not sure what that says about me really...)

The whole point (experiment) of 6Music (in the very early days) was to show a station didn't have to be dictated with a formulated scheduled Playlist.

Essentially, you wouldn't hear the same song played in the morning, the afternoon or the evening.

That's what made the channel just superior to anything else in the UK.
6 Music getting it all wrong on 12:33 - Jan 10 with 11663 viewsDubtractor

6 Music getting it all wrong on 12:22 - Jan 10 by Bluefish

I have honestly no idea what 6 music is. I just assumed it was a station for teenagers trying to be edgy

Utterly wrong.

6 music is for blokes in their 40s who pretend they are still cool.

See me as a case study of this.

NO NO NO NO NO on 13:06 - Jan 10 with 11583 viewsJohnny_Boy

NO NO NO NO NO on 11:26 - Jan 10 by Funge

etc etc

Lauren Laverne is terrific, and the only one of the daytime DJs that plays any hip-hop at all. I am a big fan of her show.

Keaveny is a total cretin. Literally, the actual same show, every single day, for 6. Whole. Years.

The same jokes. The same dull self-depreciating schtick. The same jingles. The bloke makes Steve Wright look like DJ Shadow.

Now Keaveny has been shoved onto the afternoon show, I can turn over and listen to H&J on Talksh1te instead; most pleasing.

Very pleased they got rid of Stuart Maconie too, he's terribly dull. No-one is worse that Carys Matthews though; I cannot abide her.

In any case, the best 6Music shows are Huey & Craig Charles on the Saturday.

The End.

"The bloke makes Steve Wright look like DJ Shadow."
Brilliant.

Still thoroughly amazes me that Huey is still at the BBC. In this day & age where you need to be squeaky clean to keep a coveted BBC spot, I'm surprised his notorious (and very nefarious) FLC past hasn't caught up with him yet. A very good friend of mine was in that bubble supporting them in the mid90s on their European tour & he said it was pure & unadulterated hedonism - the likes he has never witnessed before (or ever again).
6 Music getting it all wrong on 15:04 - Jan 10 with 11439 viewsEwan_Oozami

6 Music getting it all wrong on 12:33 - Jan 10 by Dubtractor

Utterly wrong.

I've been through that phase - am now on Spotify (though that irritating man and woman are NOT going to make me sign up- I'd rather have the ads) and Radio 3

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

6 Music getting it all wrong on 15:07 - Jan 10 with 11430 viewsSpruceMoose

6 Music getting it all wrong on 11:39 - Jan 10 by Dubtractor

Mah and nemone both bore me. 2 hours of ambient bibble presented in simpering tones.

Quite like Laverne though.

Best show on 6 is Marc Riley by far.

Also, Steve lamaqc should have been put in landfill years ago. Awful show.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 11:46]

"Steve lamaqc should have been put in landfill years ago"

Coming from you, I get how powerful this insult is!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

6 Music getting it all wrong on 15:13 - Jan 10 with 11415 viewsSteve_M

6 Music getting it all wrong on 11:51 - Jan 10 by Dubtractor

Yes, gets better as the day goes on mainly. The odd times I listen to it before 2pm it can get rather bland.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

6 Music getting it all wrong on 15:30 - Jan 10 with 11375 viewsBluefish

Utterly wrong.

Cheers for the tip, best avoided. Besides I'm too young

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

6 Music getting it all wrong on 16:00 - Jan 10 with 11345 viewsCoastalblue

Utterly wrong.

and 50's

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

6 Music getting it all wrong on 16:00 - Jan 10 with 11345 viewsAbujaBlue

Love the Craig Charles show on Saturday. But then with Red Dwarf and Takeshi's Castle voice over under his belt, what wrong can he do?
6 Music getting it all wrong on 16:15 - Jan 10 with 11330 viewsEwan_Oozami

6 Music getting it all wrong on 16:00 - Jan 10 by AbujaBlue

Love the Craig Charles show on Saturday. But then with Red Dwarf and Takeshi's Castle voice over under his belt, what wrong can he do?

Some of the football I've seen this season reminds me of Takeshi's Castle....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

6 Music getting it all wrong on 17:29 - Jan 10 with 11287 viewsDubtractor

6 Music getting it all wrong on 15:07 - Jan 10 by SpruceMoose

"Steve lamaqc should have been put in landfill years ago"

Coming from you, I get how powerful this insult is!

He is the bottom of the radio hierarchy, so seems appropriate.

6 Music getting it all wrong on 17:36 - Jan 10 with 11275 viewsspringfield

Agree, Hobbs is so dour I want to slit my wrists, why on earth give her a show... And SL is only very slightly more tolerable.

Big big fan of LL, but not so sure of her style first thing in the morning...

Think this scheduling is another example of BBC obsession with readdressing the male/female inequality at the expensive of finding the right people.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024