Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter 04:18 - Jan 14 with 12845 viewswkj

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46856149

As someone who voted to remain, I am torn about this. Obviously staying in the EU was what I wanted, but if it does happen I am astounded at just how infantile commons were, and not just within the Tory ranks.

The withdrawal deal took a long time to formulate, an incredibly long time fronted by a Tory driver who wanted to keep the process out of the hands of fellow MPs, possibly to avoid this mess, possibly to have it all their way- with Conservatives it is hard to know. The idea that party interests would be catered for above national interest was clear and present for a long time, however.

Sound bites from the PM about putting the will of the country above political games came far too late, the call for bipartisan co-operation levied at time when the very process it self should have been carried out with bipartisan co-ordination.

Mrs May was a remainer of course, this could all have been her master plan to get to the 12th hour and pull the plug in a less controversial way than to call another vote. There is also the theory she knowingly played the time game to hold commons to a "My deal or no deal" situation, a scenario that seems to have been put to bed over the last couple of weeks.

Then we have Corbyn, who tempting as it may be to liken to Hitler for some, is very guilty of being absolutely no use to the country or commons for the whole process. The hard questions were rarely asked, when they were they- were rarely talked about for long. The person who lead the Labour party at a time they seemed to be heading for leadership exile, fumbled the general election that they could have actually won, as hard to imagine as that was at a time Labour were still on their knees from the Blair Era. He blew the chance to take control in spectacular fashion.

The most significant issue of this, to me, all is the toll it has had on people, families, and friendships. At a time when playing on right wing and left wing divide has internationally been becoming a way of gaining power rather than the ability to promote one's self. In turn this divide and influence tactic added yet another people dividing spanner in the works, that is to say, Remainers Vs Leavers - something that exists on this very board, all the way up to an international level.

In conclusion, regardless of the final outcome, democracy has failed on a massive level. Both Leave and Remain ran campaigns built on blatant lies to the voters, that continued to keep divisions strong throughout the negotiation stage, probably fully anticipating a possibility of a second vote. The people in charge of negotiating the deal excluded so many peers during the processes at a time when government was in by a paper thin majority, it was hardly ever going to stand a chance of passing commons.

There is, of course, a feint possibility that the deal could be voted through in a shock twist to those either side of the leave/remain line, saving what shred of democracy exists, though this seems as likely as ITFC reaching the playoffs.

This is an opinion piece on the leadership of our country more than the withdrawal of the EU itself. So what I urge people to do should the inept sleepwalk into a Brexit Backtrack, is to ask serious questions of your MPs. Your fellow (wo)man should not be blamed, or gloated at if it is abandoned, but the MPs in commons, not just on the conservative benches. They should all be held accountable for a complete betrayal of the Great British people as they have allowed divides to form as a tactic and grow to a problematic degree leaving social scars all over the place, while spectacularly achieving nothing but a distraction from running the country for the last few years.

Taking back control is almost an ironic statement applied to "Brexit", as the ones in control or government never managed to be in control of anything at all.

Edits: I am not very good at writing posts on TWTD, from day one I have had to correct spelling of grammar botches from simple one liners to big blub fests, so I can assure you all edits were such corrections rather than l swerving.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2019 4:30]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 07:48 - Jan 14 with 4186 viewsSteve_M

The biggest betrayal of the 52% comes from the repeated failure of May and leading Brexiters to tell them that they can't have everything they were promised. Had that happened in June 2016 then the last two and a half years would have been far less of a farce.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 07:57 - Jan 14 with 4144 viewswkj

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 07:48 - Jan 14 by Steve_M

The biggest betrayal of the 52% comes from the repeated failure of May and leading Brexiters to tell them that they can't have everything they were promised. Had that happened in June 2016 then the last two and a half years would have been far less of a farce.

The fear of such thing happening was what made me more inclined to vote remain in the first place to be honest. I actually did have some leave concerns also, such as I felt the EU costs too much to be a part of, and I feel they do not fairly represent all nations in the Union (not specifically us).

However, Ultimately I didn't have faith in what was being sold to us, I never felt like anyone in power, let alone influenced by those in power, actually knew what withdraw from the EU actually was and what it would be like, and I certainly didn't, so I opted to go with the devil we know above all else.

Oh well, another day another twist and turn- the way this is going before too long I wouldn't be surprised if a headline read "The whole of the EU to break up for a laugh"

Crybaby

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 07:58 - Jan 14 with 4135 viewsHerbivore

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 07:48 - Jan 14 by Steve_M

Ideally it should have come pre-referendum. Brexiteers promised the moon on a stick and it's notable how absent they've been in the process of actually trying to obtain the moon on a stick. Cynical gutter politics.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 07:58 - Jan 14 with 4137 viewsDanTheMan

Good post, one part in particular resonates with me.

"Sound bites from the PM about putting the will of the country above political games came far too late, the call for bipartisan co-operation levied at time when the very process it self should have been carried out with bipartisan co-ordination. "

I found it incredibly funny and sad that it got to this point until there were calls to work across party with May even going to the unions offering some sweeteners so the vote for the deal. It should have been right at the start where all the major parties were working together to make this work so there couldn't be any arguing. But we just got more of the same wonderful months of "no u" in PMQs and the like.

Whatever happens tomorrow and in the months to come, the damage is irreversible. We've opened Pandora's box now.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 08:21 - Jan 14 with 4063 viewsfactual_blue

An even bigger betrayal is the way the fate of the tory party is persistently put above the views of 100% of the population.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 08:46 - Jan 14 with 3992 viewsGuthrum

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 07:58 - Jan 14 by DanTheMan

Good post, one part in particular resonates with me.

"Sound bites from the PM about putting the will of the country above political games came far too late, the call for bipartisan co-operation levied at time when the very process it self should have been carried out with bipartisan co-ordination. "

I found it incredibly funny and sad that it got to this point until there were calls to work across party with May even going to the unions offering some sweeteners so the vote for the deal. It should have been right at the start where all the major parties were working together to make this work so there couldn't be any arguing. But we just got more of the same wonderful months of "no u" in PMQs and the like.

Whatever happens tomorrow and in the months to come, the damage is irreversible. We've opened Pandora's box now.

There should have been an all-party committee appointed in the summer of 2016 - possibly chaired by a neutral, maybe a cross-bench peer - to oversee and run the process.

The 2017 General Election should never have been allowed to happen. It served no purpose and merely wasted time. Worse than that, in fact, it left the Government in such a fragile state that it was extremely vulnerable to any pressure groups, including the DUP propping it up in power.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 08:55 - Jan 14 with 3950 viewswkj

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 08:46 - Jan 14 by Guthrum

There should have been an all-party committee appointed in the summer of 2016 - possibly chaired by a neutral, maybe a cross-bench peer - to oversee and run the process.

The 2017 General Election should never have been allowed to happen. It served no purpose and merely wasted time. Worse than that, in fact, it left the Government in such a fragile state that it was extremely vulnerable to any pressure groups, including the DUP propping it up in power.

Indeed, The very idea one party could pull of a negotiation without a staggering landslide representation is unfathomable to me. A lot of MPs representing a broad range of areas with varying opinions on the withdrawal, so almost a guaranteed dilemma for some to back their constituents or to keep rank in their party.

The general election was a huge political own goal, which was an utter waste of time, if anything it damaged the withdrawal negotiations rather than helped set a clear leader in place to galvanise them.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2019 8:56]

Crybaby

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:05 - Jan 14 with 3915 viewsPinewoodblue

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 08:21 - Jan 14 by factual_blue

An even bigger betrayal is the way the fate of the tory party is persistently put above the views of 100% of the population.

To be fair both major party's are guilty of that. The current stance of the Labour Party is all about forcing another election on us, but not until they think they can win it.

The general population have been betrayed from day one for political gain. Starting with Cameron he promised a referendum, but not until he had negotiated with the EU, he explained what heeded to change and then, when he achieved nothing by way of concessions recommended we remain.

He made it clear this was a once in a lifetime opportunity, not to be repeated. Having failed, in no small part due to Corbyn hiding behind the sofa doctor Who fashion, Cameron rode off into the sunset.

Theresa May suddenly became a Brexiteer, as it suited her agenda, and became PM. She called an unnecessary election, a snap decision made on a walking holiday in Wales as you thought she needed a bigger majority to see things through.

We then wasted over two years in meaningless negotiation in which the EU, aided by an Irish puppet, prevaricated over the Irish backstop and never entered into any real negotiations. Remember No deal is better than a bad deal, followed by it is my deal, no deal or no Brexit now it is my deal or no Brexit. How can you expect to negotiate if you are always showing your hand.

Having surrendered authority in the election it should have been a cross party negotiating team.
We should have spelt out exactly what we wanted and made it clear if a full trade deal couldn't be negotiated by 29 March 2019 we would leave with no deal.

Like the OP I voted remain as I couldn't see us standing firm. If we get another referendum I will vote leave. The last poll I saw if you include Don't know/ not telling Remain are less than 50% no one should take for granted a Remain victory in any second referendums.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:11 - Jan 14 with 3898 viewsitfcjoe

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 07:57 - Jan 14 by wkj

The fear of such thing happening was what made me more inclined to vote remain in the first place to be honest. I actually did have some leave concerns also, such as I felt the EU costs too much to be a part of, and I feel they do not fairly represent all nations in the Union (not specifically us).

However, Ultimately I didn't have faith in what was being sold to us, I never felt like anyone in power, let alone influenced by those in power, actually knew what withdraw from the EU actually was and what it would be like, and I certainly didn't, so I opted to go with the devil we know above all else.

Oh well, another day another twist and turn- the way this is going before too long I wouldn't be surprised if a headline read "The whole of the EU to break up for a laugh"

I was quite close to voting for Leave, but in the days leading up to it I just felt that what was being offered wasn't realistic or achieveable - specifically under the incumbent Government.

And then once I looked at who was behind, and who was energised by each campaign, I didn't want to associate myself with a large faction of the Leave support - the clear racism and xenophobia that was dog whistled throughout the campaign.

If we could have a Brexit which involved a proper immigration policy to meet needs, better training for British people to fill gaps, better education and vocational systems rather than just lazily using immigrants to fill what become permanent gaps then I'd be all for it - but it just is't and will never be the case

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:16 - Jan 14 with 3870 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 08:46 - Jan 14 by Guthrum

The negotiations should certainly not have been led by Ollie Robins!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:27 - Jan 14 with 3847 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:11 - Jan 14 by itfcjoe

I was quite close to voting for Leave, but in the days leading up to it I just felt that what was being offered wasn't realistic or achieveable - specifically under the incumbent Government.

And then once I looked at who was behind, and who was energised by each campaign, I didn't want to associate myself with a large faction of the Leave support - the clear racism and xenophobia that was dog whistled throughout the campaign.

If we could have a Brexit which involved a proper immigration policy to meet needs, better training for British people to fill gaps, better education and vocational systems rather than just lazily using immigrants to fill what become permanent gaps then I'd be all for it - but it just is't and will never be the case

".....better training for British people to fill gaps, better education and vocational systems rather than just lazily using immigrants to fill what become permanent gaps then I'd be all for it - but it just is't and will never be the case"

Agree with this.....globalisation is rubbish isn't it! The EU is an engine for more of it.....sometimes you have to hold your nose when voting maybe.

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:32 - Jan 14 with 3818 viewsHerbivore

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:05 - Jan 14 by Pinewoodblue

To be fair both major party's are guilty of that. The current stance of the Labour Party is all about forcing another election on us, but not until they think they can win it.

The general population have been betrayed from day one for political gain. Starting with Cameron he promised a referendum, but not until he had negotiated with the EU, he explained what heeded to change and then, when he achieved nothing by way of concessions recommended we remain.

He made it clear this was a once in a lifetime opportunity, not to be repeated. Having failed, in no small part due to Corbyn hiding behind the sofa doctor Who fashion, Cameron rode off into the sunset.

Theresa May suddenly became a Brexiteer, as it suited her agenda, and became PM. She called an unnecessary election, a snap decision made on a walking holiday in Wales as you thought she needed a bigger majority to see things through.

We then wasted over two years in meaningless negotiation in which the EU, aided by an Irish puppet, prevaricated over the Irish backstop and never entered into any real negotiations. Remember No deal is better than a bad deal, followed by it is my deal, no deal or no Brexit now it is my deal or no Brexit. How can you expect to negotiate if you are always showing your hand.

Having surrendered authority in the election it should have been a cross party negotiating team.
We should have spelt out exactly what we wanted and made it clear if a full trade deal couldn't be negotiated by 29 March 2019 we would leave with no deal.

Like the OP I voted remain as I couldn't see us standing firm. If we get another referendum I will vote leave. The last poll I saw if you include Don't know/ not telling Remain are less than 50% no one should take for granted a Remain victory in any second referendums.

You'd vote leave now? Wtf?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:35 - Jan 14 with 3805 viewsSteve_M

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:16 - Jan 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

The negotiations should certainly not have been led by Ollie Robins!

Why not? The problem has never been Robbins.

The outcome of the negotiations comes directly from May's incompatible red lines and her refusal to be honest that there has to be some compromise.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:39 - Jan 14 with 3785 viewsfactual_blue

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:11 - Jan 14 by itfcjoe

Sadly, there is a huge problem around filling the majority of jobs for which there are massive shortages: British people don't want to work in personal health care or farming/horticulture. And not enough of them want to put in the hard yards for the medical professions (and we don't seem willing to direct the resources into training them anyway).

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:39 - Jan 14 with 3787 viewsVic

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 08:21 - Jan 14 by factual_blue

Whilst I don’t disagree per se, I think that Labour are equally are culperble as they continue to play the political game. I find it staggering that Corbyn continues to use this as a means of forcing an election so that he can then sort the country out. By which he repeatedly says he means addressing inequality, housbuilding, etc.

Don’t get me wrong, those things are important, but at this moment in time Brexit is THE issue and he needs a credible alternative. Currently Labours promise to renegotiate another deal before March is even more pie in the sky than the Leave campaign before the referendum. There is not a shred of evidence they will be able to do it.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:44 - Jan 14 with 3771 viewswkj

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:39 - Jan 14 by Vic

Whilst I don’t disagree per se, I think that Labour are equally are culperble as they continue to play the political game. I find it staggering that Corbyn continues to use this as a means of forcing an election so that he can then sort the country out. By which he repeatedly says he means addressing inequality, housbuilding, etc.

Don’t get me wrong, those things are important, but at this moment in time Brexit is THE issue and he needs a credible alternative. Currently Labours promise to renegotiate another deal before March is even more pie in the sky than the Leave campaign before the referendum. There is not a shred of evidence they will be able to do it.

Oh without a doubt Labour as just as culpable. For me Corbyn dithered and dithered and never really came clear about anything of great value. I watched back a few PMQs this morning after making this post, and it was just sickening how May and Corbyn were always more interested at knocking the snot out of one another, getting nowhere, rather than dropping the act and forging ahead.

Crybaby

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:44 - Jan 14 with 3771 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:35 - Jan 14 by Steve_M

Why not? The problem has never been Robbins.

The outcome of the negotiations comes directly from May's incompatible red lines and her refusal to be honest that there has to be some compromise.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Robbins

"At Oxford, Robbins was president of the Oxford Reform Club, a group promoting a federal European Union."

....far from committed imho! A bit like negotiating with a puppy on its back having its tummy tickled!
[Post edited 14 Jan 2019 9:45]

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:45 - Jan 14 with 3766 viewsElephantintheRoom

It's not really a betrayal - more a reflection of how 'democracy' works in this country. The tory government was voted in by 42% of the electorate. 58% voted for other parties. Was it a betrayal of those 58% who want anything but a tory government? Yes and no. We have a sovereign parliament because virtually every MP represents a minority of voters, just as this and most over governments are put in by a majority of voters. We have a sovereign parliament for that very reason. It is supposed to act in the best interests of the country. Not to do so is treason. The biggest 'betrayal' by parliament is that at no stage has it acted like a sovereign parliament - though Dominic Grieve seems to be bringing it about 3 years too late. The referendum should never have been allowed to happen - it was a cowardly response from Cameron to the extremists in his party. His weakness then - and the shambles since is the real 'betrayal'. The 18 million who voted to jump off a cliff are irrelevant. Even then a vast majority of the country did not vote for self harm - just a slim majority of those who chose to vote. If we believed in the result of the referendum it would have been a cross-party problem to solve rather than a hopelessly divided Tory party. An even bigger 'betrayal' is the liars and charlatans who fronted the leave campaign refusing to take responsibility for the mess their dishonesty and opportunism created - not one stepped forward - they all slunk back in the shadows.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:46 - Jan 14 with 3755 viewsfactual_blue

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:44 - Jan 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Robbins

"At Oxford, Robbins was president of the Oxford Reform Club, a group promoting a federal European Union."

....far from committed imho! A bit like negotiating with a puppy on its back having its tummy tickled!
[Post edited 14 Jan 2019 9:45]

He's a career Civil Servant and will therefore approach his role with dispassionate commitment.

My school used to regularly thrash Colfe's at rugby.

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:51 - Jan 14 with 3731 viewswkj

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:45 - Jan 14 by ElephantintheRoom

It's not really a betrayal - more a reflection of how 'democracy' works in this country. The tory government was voted in by 42% of the electorate. 58% voted for other parties. Was it a betrayal of those 58% who want anything but a tory government? Yes and no. We have a sovereign parliament because virtually every MP represents a minority of voters, just as this and most over governments are put in by a majority of voters. We have a sovereign parliament for that very reason. It is supposed to act in the best interests of the country. Not to do so is treason. The biggest 'betrayal' by parliament is that at no stage has it acted like a sovereign parliament - though Dominic Grieve seems to be bringing it about 3 years too late. The referendum should never have been allowed to happen - it was a cowardly response from Cameron to the extremists in his party. His weakness then - and the shambles since is the real 'betrayal'. The 18 million who voted to jump off a cliff are irrelevant. Even then a vast majority of the country did not vote for self harm - just a slim majority of those who chose to vote. If we believed in the result of the referendum it would have been a cross-party problem to solve rather than a hopelessly divided Tory party. An even bigger 'betrayal' is the liars and charlatans who fronted the leave campaign refusing to take responsibility for the mess their dishonesty and opportunism created - not one stepped forward - they all slunk back in the shadows.

I understand where you are coming from and agree with a number of the points in your post, though I do feel betrayed by the house of commons; they had a job to do, and for all intents and purposes baring a miracle tomorrow, they simply didn't do the job that needed to be done.

Crybaby

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:54 - Jan 14 with 3718 viewsgiant_stow

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:51 - Jan 14 by wkj

I understand where you are coming from and agree with a number of the points in your post, though I do feel betrayed by the house of commons; they had a job to do, and for all intents and purposes baring a miracle tomorrow, they simply didn't do the job that needed to be done.

To me, it seems like MPs are finally getting started on what should have happened straight after the election: a cross party approach to solving this bollox. Seems like its just in the nick of time too - Thanks Theresa for that election, or gawd knows what she would have come up with on her own.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2019 10:07]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:54 - Jan 14 with 3719 viewsLord_Lucan

I would have voted leave if we could have kept freedom of movement and free trade, both of which are quite possible - but equally impossible in the eyes of the EU parliament.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:56 - Jan 14 with 3720 viewsSenatorBlue

As someone who voted Brexit, and still believes this to be the correct course - I can't disagree with anything in your OP. Good balanced piece. As you say, regardless of your beliefs, the one thing we can all agree upon is the ineptitude and selfishness of our political class.
Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:57 - Jan 14 with 3711 viewsPinewoodblue

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:44 - Jan 14 by wkj

Oh without a doubt Labour as just as culpable. For me Corbyn dithered and dithered and never really came clear about anything of great value. I watched back a few PMQs this morning after making this post, and it was just sickening how May and Corbyn were always more interested at knocking the snot out of one another, getting nowhere, rather than dropping the act and forging ahead.

Corbyn has seemed fearful of working with the Tories. This probably stems from the Scottish independence referendum and the impact of Labour supporting the establishment had in following general elections.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 10:16 - Jan 14 with 3641 viewsNo9

Mrs May and the betrayal of the 52%: A balanced observation from a remain voter on 09:54 - Jan 14 by Lord_Lucan

I would have voted leave if we could have kept freedom of movement and free trade, both of which are quite possible - but equally impossible in the eyes of the EU parliament.

Impossible in terms of EU legislation, largely inspired by the UK government in the 1980's
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024