Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Classic Elitist MP 12:18 - Jan 16 with 9465 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Sandy Martin (Ipswich MP) displaying typical arrogance and disregard for the majority of his constituents. Says 56% is not a ringing endorsement yet he only got in by 836 votes! Maybe we should have a second vote for his election or just have a 'soft election' of Martin where he only gets to be able to do 'bits and pieces'. Sums up the hypocrisey in Brexit. The vote was to leave not a deal. This bellend is typical of so many MP's and the remainer PM are the ones who do not want a deal hence all this delay, stall, and impasse BS we are presently at because they will not act on the vote of 17.4 million who won the referendum.
https://order-order.com/2019/01/16/ipswich-mp-know-better-constituents/

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Classic Elitist MP on 14:28 - Jan 16 with 3342 viewsClapham_Junction

Classic Elitist MP on 12:48 - Jan 16 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Your phrase 'failure of this entire process to EDUCATE people who want to leave that's its not like cancelling your gym membership' typifies 'the arrogant, we know best' attitude of the ruling class, MSM, and academia. We know best peasants!!! I
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 12:50]

Would that be the MSM in which a majority of the major national newspapers supported leave?

And surely it is academics' jobs to know best.
Classic Elitist MP on 14:30 - Jan 16 with 3329 viewsfooters

Classic Elitist MP on 14:28 - Jan 16 by Clapham_Junction

Would that be the MSM in which a majority of the major national newspapers supported leave?

The more you study something, the less you actually know about it. Instinct is the most important consideration in these matters.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Classic Elitist MP on 14:33 - Jan 16 with 3317 viewsSpruceMoose

Classic Elitist MP on 14:28 - Jan 16 by Clapham_Junction

Nah mate, it's the bloke down the pub who's entire European experience consists of a gut buster breakfast in the Gary Lineker sports bar in Benidorm during the 80s.

They're the blokes who know best.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 14:34]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Classic Elitist MP on 15:04 - Jan 16 with 3284 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Haha, you can think what you want of Sandy Martin but he’s certainly not elitist

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Classic Elitist MP on 15:07 - Jan 16 with 3272 viewsSpruceMoose

Classic Elitist MP on 15:04 - Jan 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Haha, you can think what you want of Sandy Martin but he’s certainly not elitist

He actually looked like a vampire when he had is ponytail. They're a minority, and definitely not an elite one.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Classic Elitist MP on 15:08 - Jan 16 with 3276 viewsartsbossbeard

Classic Elitist MP on 15:04 - Jan 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

A very good mate of both Lucan and I is a proper lefty and works within the charity sector as you'd rightly envisage.

Interestingly enough, he found Ben Gummer more approachable on charitable matters than Sandy although you are quite correct, Sandy's far from elitist.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Classic Elitist MP on 15:08 - Jan 16 with 3271 viewsSuperfrans

Classic Elitist MP on 12:48 - Jan 16 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Your phrase 'failure of this entire process to EDUCATE people who want to leave that's its not like cancelling your gym membership' typifies 'the arrogant, we know best' attitude of the ruling class, MSM, and academia. We know best peasants!!! I
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 12:50]

Oh, for goodness sake, do grow up. If you find the suggestion that you need educating a slur, you're in a bad place. We all need educating, all of the time. The fact is, there was precious little education from either side during the campaign, just lots and lots of misinformation.

Certainly, anyone who thinks it is as simple as cancelling your gym membership to leave the EU, definitely needs educating otherwise.

And, finally, the ruling class... What do you think Jacob Rees Mogg, David Davis, Boris Johnson etc etc are?

MSM - er, the Daily Mail, the Sun, Telegraph, Times etc?

If you believe all of that, you've been royally conned, mate.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Classic Elitist MP on 15:13 - Jan 16 with 3257 viewsDyland

Classic Elitist MP on 15:07 - Jan 16 by SpruceMoose

He actually looked like a vampire when he had is ponytail. They're a minority, and definitely not an elite one.

I thought vampires were famous for being elitist?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Classic Elitist MP on 15:14 - Jan 16 with 3251 viewsSpruceMoose

Classic Elitist MP on 15:08 - Jan 16 by Superfrans

Oh, for goodness sake, do grow up. If you find the suggestion that you need educating a slur, you're in a bad place. We all need educating, all of the time. The fact is, there was precious little education from either side during the campaign, just lots and lots of misinformation.

Certainly, anyone who thinks it is as simple as cancelling your gym membership to leave the EU, definitely needs educating otherwise.

And, finally, the ruling class... What do you think Jacob Rees Mogg, David Davis, Boris Johnson etc etc are?

MSM - er, the Daily Mail, the Sun, Telegraph, Times etc?

If you believe all of that, you've been royally conned, mate.

He sounds like a grifters dream to be honest. They've pulled his pants down and spun him around so much that he's angry at everything and anything, without really knowing why.

A lot of people feel like this I think. The constant bombardment of fake outrage from the news outlets they consume makes them feel that they need to be angry about something, that they need to be fighting something, but the same news outlets pull the old bait and switch and insert something false to rail against in place of the things they should be outraged about.

Useful idiots in other words.

Classic Elitist MP on 15:15 - Jan 16 with 3249 viewsSpruceMoose

Classic Elitist MP on 15:13 - Jan 16 by Dyland

I thought vampires were famous for being elitist?

They seem pretty crap to me. Not like they're in charge of stuff eh? Not like us sun loving werewolves.

Classic Elitist MP on 15:20 - Jan 16 with 3232 viewsKievthegreat

Classic Elitist MP on 14:30 - Jan 16 by footers

The more you study something, the less you actually know about it. Instinct is the most important consideration in these matters.

Well quite, hence the fact we've learnt to dispense with experts.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 15:30]
Classic Elitist MP on 15:23 - Jan 16 with 3237 viewsDyland

Parliament is not a congress of ambassadors from different and hostile interests; which interests each must maintain, as an agent and advocate, against other agents and advocates; but parliament is a deliberative assembly of one nation, with one interest, that of the whole; where, not local purposes, not local prejudices ought to guide, but the general good, resulting from the general reason of the whole. You choose a member indeed; but when you have chosen him, he is not a member of Bristol, but he is a member of parliament.

Edmund Burke innit. The bloke what said "the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" and my favourite, "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."

Classic Elitist MP on 15:53 - Jan 16 with 3209 viewsNo9

Just as a matter of interest what is your employment / business & YES, it is important you tell us
Classic Elitist MP on 15:55 - Jan 16 with 3205 viewschicoazul

Classic Elitist MP on 15:08 - Jan 16 by artsbossbeard

A very good mate of both Lucan and I is a proper lefty and works within the charity sector as you'd rightly envisage.

Interestingly enough, he found Ben Gummer more approachable on charitable matters than Sandy although you are quite correct, Sandy's far from elitist.

Tories love the charitable sector though, picking up the slack as it does from what the public sector should be doing.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Classic Elitist MP on 15:57 - Jan 16 with 3203 viewschicoazul

Classic Elitist MP on 15:23 - Jan 16 by Dyland

Parliament is not a congress of ambassadors from different and hostile interests; which interests each must maintain, as an agent and advocate, against other agents and advocates; but parliament is a deliberative assembly of one nation, with one interest, that of the whole; where, not local purposes, not local prejudices ought to guide, but the general good, resulting from the general reason of the whole. You choose a member indeed; but when you have chosen him, he is not a member of Bristol, but he is a member of parliament.

Edmund Burke innit. The bloke what said "the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" and my favourite, "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."

You're going to confuse a lot of people here quoting the father of Conservatism in a positive light.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 15:57]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Classic Elitist MP on 15:57 - Jan 16 with 3197 viewsfooters

Classic Elitist MP on 15:55 - Jan 16 by chicoazul

Tories love the charitable sector though, picking up the slack as it does from what the public sector should be doing.

Ah, Cameron's 'Big Society' - that has to be one of the most meaningless political slogans ever created. Up there with Red, White and Blue Brexit of course.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Classic Elitist MP on 16:19 - Jan 16 with 3171 viewsjaykay

Classic Elitist MP on 15:57 - Jan 16 by footers

Ah, Cameron's 'Big Society' - that has to be one of the most meaningless political slogans ever created. Up there with Red, White and Blue Brexit of course.

dont forget the slogan strong and stable

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Classic Elitist MP on 16:53 - Jan 16 with 3152 viewsDyland

Classic Elitist MP on 15:57 - Jan 16 by chicoazul

You're going to confuse a lot of people here quoting the father of Conservatism in a positive light.

He'd be turning in his grave at the current Conservative party and state of parliament and politics per se.

I like some of his philosophical thinking. Then again, like most men of his generation he was deeply religious also, which I'm not.

Ah, the complexity of Man :)

Classic Elitist MP on 17:07 - Jan 16 with 3129 viewsNo9

Classic Elitist MP on 15:57 - Jan 16 by chicoazul

Then deny what the charities say is the state of the nation?
Classic Elitist MP (n/t) on 17:08 - Jan 16 with 3126 viewsNo9

Classic Elitist MP (n/t) on 14:20 - Jan 16 by sotd78

Let's not deal in facts anymore - they clearly got us into this mess.
All those facts that both sides bandied about?
Let's just deal now in fantasies like: The Referendum was an Advisory vote.
It was binary - let's Leave (what exactly we are leaving is very clear isn't it?)
It cannot ever be changed. That's clearly a fact. We could have a dozen new Governments but the Advisory Referendum is untouchable. It is as cast in stone as the Ten Commandments. In fact it is surely the Eleventh Commandment - thou shalt leave!

Unless....
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 14:25]

Just as an aside the taxpayer is paying a hefty price for the tory war that has been going on for decades
The cost of this lot, not to mentoin Davis comandeering an RAF plane is getting to be unsustainable
Classic Elitist MP on 17:38 - Jan 16 with 3105 viewsDubtractor

Classic Elitist MP on 15:55 - Jan 16 by chicoazul

This is definitely the case.

Cut funding to the public sector, encourage charities to do it instead.

Pretty sh1tty really.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Classic Elitist MP on 17:41 - Jan 16 with 3098 viewschicoazul

Classic Elitist MP on 17:07 - Jan 16 by No9

Then deny what the charities say is the state of the nation?

Errrr.... pardon?

Classic Elitist MP on 17:42 - Jan 16 with 3095 viewsLeaky

Classic Elitist MP on 12:48 - Jan 16 by giant_stow

almost certainly.

I assume means just voted leave with no deal not havong MP's trying to overturn the democratic will of the electorate
Classic Elitist MP on 17:42 - Jan 16 with 3096 viewschicoazul

Classic Elitist MP on 16:53 - Jan 16 by Dyland

He'd be turning in his grave at the current Conservative party and state of parliament and politics per se.

I like some of his philosophical thinking. Then again, like most men of his generation he was deeply religious also, which I'm not.

Ah, the complexity of Man :)

Absolutely right luv. The Tory Party are the Accidental Marxists of our generation, copying as they did Blair without understanding what it was they were copying.

Classic Elitist MP on 17:43 - Jan 16 with 3091 viewsSpruceMoose

Classic Elitist MP on 17:42 - Jan 16 by Leaky

I assume means just voted leave with no deal not havong MP's trying to overturn the democratic will of the electorate

Quite apt really. Leaky as the latest member of the dribbly gang.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 17:49]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024