Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolute best case 15:13 - Jan 20 with 6990 viewsPecker

I can see us winning 6 and drawing 3 of our remaining games. That would give us 39 points. The realistic results are 4 wins and 2 draws giving us 32. For the first time I have to admit that we are all but down. Very sad. I would usually be over yesterdays game by now, but I think it is the realisation that is hurting.
Absolute best case on 04:04 - Jan 21 with 1378 viewsBenters2

Absolute best case on 03:30 - Jan 21 by MrTown

Winning 6? Where on earth are we going to get 6 wins from, we’ve won 3 all season. We could beat Reading at home and maybe a draw away at Bolton. Every thing else is a defeat with the odd draw in there.

We are sadly proper fkd,not only do we have to win,we also have to rely on the other 3 teams above us not picking up any points.

So all we can do is win,which we don’t seem to do very often,so like I said we are proper fkd and going down.
Absolute best case on 04:43 - Jan 21 with 1368 viewsMrTown

Absolute best case on 04:04 - Jan 21 by Benters2

We are sadly proper fkd,not only do we have to win,we also have to rely on the other 3 teams above us not picking up any points.

So all we can do is win,which we don’t seem to do very often,so like I said we are proper fkd and going down.

Only a blind mind couldn’t see that our time in the Championship is up. Only a naive fan would say that is was undeserved, we offer nothing week in week out, and let’s be brutally honest we were lucky to get 3 points at home to Rotherham, a statement that reflects our position.

We have an upbeat, positive manager, but on the field we are lacking so much confidence and identity, we start every game a goal behind because every game we enter already beaten. Back foot football, never ever control games on the front foot.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Absolute best case on 08:04 - Jan 21 with 1348 viewstextbackup

Absolute best case on 16:50 - Jan 20 by BlueBadger

At this stage of the season, I'm of the view that I'll be pleased if we just don't finish bottom.

same here, to finish 2nd bottom after being bottom allllllll season would be great

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Absolute best case on 08:08 - Jan 21 with 1339 viewsBenters2

Absolute best case on 04:43 - Jan 21 by MrTown

Only a blind mind couldn’t see that our time in the Championship is up. Only a naive fan would say that is was undeserved, we offer nothing week in week out, and let’s be brutally honest we were lucky to get 3 points at home to Rotherham, a statement that reflects our position.

We have an upbeat, positive manager, but on the field we are lacking so much confidence and identity, we start every game a goal behind because every game we enter already beaten. Back foot football, never ever control games on the front foot.

Can you see us coming straight back up?
Absolute best case on 08:17 - Jan 21 with 1331 viewsDarth_Koont

We don't have a chance anyway unless we can get some real momentum going.

I think that's why it's so tough when you're bottom of the league, no matter what you try to do on the training pitch or the players you bring in. The essential problem is one of confidence and self-belief and it's the margin here that probably decides most games at this level. Rotherham gave us an absolute pummeling when they got the upper hand in this area last week.

Unfortunately, Lambert would need to wave a magic wand to sort that out on his own so we probably need a lucky result or two to help us get some forward momentum. All very fragile though, as we're simply coming from too far back and with too little time.

Pronouns: He/Him

Absolute best case on 08:20 - Jan 21 with 1331 viewstextbackup

Absolute best case on 08:17 - Jan 21 by Darth_Koont

We don't have a chance anyway unless we can get some real momentum going.

I think that's why it's so tough when you're bottom of the league, no matter what you try to do on the training pitch or the players you bring in. The essential problem is one of confidence and self-belief and it's the margin here that probably decides most games at this level. Rotherham gave us an absolute pummeling when they got the upper hand in this area last week.

Unfortunately, Lambert would need to wave a magic wand to sort that out on his own so we probably need a lucky result or two to help us get some forward momentum. All very fragile though, as we're simply coming from too far back and with too little time.

go down
re-group
build something
come back

that's my only vision now

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Absolute best case on 09:32 - Jan 21 with 1297 viewsITFC_Forever

Absolute best case on 21:30 - Jan 20 by m14_blue

Weekend in Blackpool. Bring it on.

In fact, 2 weekends in Blackpool, league 1 is going to be amazing. What a time to be alive.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 21:38]

Knowing our luck, it will be a midweek game in the winter.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Absolute best case on 11:52 - Jan 21 with 1256 viewsFrimleyBlue

Personally, all this PR from Paul, isn't to drum up support for a relegation battle, it's to keep as much as we can for league 1.

He's no mug, he probably knew after a few weeks of coming in that this side isn't capable of staying up, and honestly it's not.

I appreciate everyone has a bit of hope, but it's just not going to happen, regardless of only being 7 points, we're looking at needing at least 7 wins to stay up, we will get 2 more.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Absolute best case on 12:10 - Jan 21 with 1253 viewsWhymarkmariner

Just how many times has someone written on this or another website that if we win and Rotherham lose we will only be four points behind them. That in effect means we will probably then need another two wins to go above them taking into account goal difference. That also means that whilst we are picking up these six points Rotherham are losing. How many points will we get from Villa away,Sheffield Wednesday at home, Sheffield Utd at home and Norwich away ? I can't see more than 4 points and that's being generous. Followed by Reading, West Brom,Bristol City,Nottingham Forest and Hull. Maybe again 4 points.So that's two and a bit months gone. Sorry but it's not going to happen. We are too poor a side to get out of this.
Absolute best case on 16:33 - Jan 21 with 1207 viewsWickets

Absolute best case on 15:17 - Jan 20 by Championship

People need to stop trying to predict the future and play the situation we're in rather than their prediction. If we start playing predictions then we are down. If we play the reality where we are 7 points afraid and competing with three other very poor teams it seems a lot better. It's nothing to do with having your head in the sand either, it's literally about reality versus predictions.

You have cheered me up a tiny bit thanks !
Absolute best case on 16:35 - Jan 21 with 1204 viewschicoazul

For some reason I read this thread title as "Absolute sex case".

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Absolute best case on 18:22 - Jan 21 with 1183 viewsPecker

Absolute best case on 16:35 - Jan 21 by chicoazul

For some reason I read this thread title as "Absolute sex case".

I believe you.
Absolute best case on 18:49 - Jan 21 with 1168 viewsLeagueOne

Absolute best case on 15:17 - Jan 20 by Championship

People need to stop trying to predict the future and play the situation we're in rather than their prediction. If we start playing predictions then we are down. If we play the reality where we are 7 points afraid and competing with three other very poor teams it seems a lot better. It's nothing to do with having your head in the sand either, it's literally about reality versus predictions.

But the team isn't good enough to win those games, thats not a prediction thats a fact, we'll be lucky to win a game more playing like we did Saturday.

We are down.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024