Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We Dominated the Midfield 08:26 - Feb 14 with 5184 viewsOsborneOneNil

Nice to not have to carry Skuse, good energy in there last night.

Same again Saturday!

Also thought Jonas was excellent at CB.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 8:26]
We Dominated the Midfield on 08:29 - Feb 14 with 3637 viewsGarv

It did seem to have a youth exuberance didn't it?

Jonas' best game for a while.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

We Dominated the Midfield on 08:31 - Feb 14 with 3619 viewsHerbivore

"carry Skuse" - lolz.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We Dominated the Midfield on 08:51 - Feb 14 with 3580 viewsblueislander

We Dominated the Midfield on 08:31 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

"carry Skuse" - lolz.

It would appear that, after last night, more people are questioning the need for Skuse.
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:53 - Feb 14 with 3571 viewsblueislander

"carry Skuse" - lolz.

We Dominated the Midfield on 08:55 - Feb 14 with 3561 viewsSlambo

It's the only thing we've lacked for the last 10 years - proper footballing midfielders. Get that sorted and everything else follows, in my opinion...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

We Dominated the Midfield on 09:00 - Feb 14 with 3536 viewsMrTown

Agree with idea we dominated the midfield, and we dominated a very competent central that was filled with a lot of experience and quality for Derby (Johnson, King and Wilson).

They had a lot of championship experience in Johnson, helluva talent in Wilson and a PL winner in Andy King.

And I have to say, we did dominate it.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

We Dominated the Midfield on 09:06 - Feb 14 with 3511 viewstextbackup

nothing anti skuse here, but last night was the first time ive seen us control a midfield in absolutely years. and this wasn't a midfield of wigan, or Rotherham, this was derby managed by one of the best midfielders the country has produced.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

We Dominated the Midfield on 09:09 - Feb 14 with 3492 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Skuse is clearly not recovered properly from his injury, when he is fully fit, he would be great at the base of that diamond. But yes, it was a good midfield last night.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Login to get fewer ads

We Dominated the Midfield on 09:18 - Feb 14 with 3452 viewsGarv

We Dominated the Midfield on 09:09 - Feb 14 by JammyDodgerrr

Skuse is clearly not recovered properly from his injury, when he is fully fit, he would be great at the base of that diamond. But yes, it was a good midfield last night.

Reason for him missing last night was illness. His performance at Norwich suggested it was more knee related.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

We Dominated the Midfield on 09:30 - Feb 14 with 3404 viewsSWGF

We Dominated the Midfield on 09:09 - Feb 14 by JammyDodgerrr

Chalobah did perfectly well at the base of the diamond; played it perfectly and, arguably, better than Skuse could have. If we can have the Skuse that played at Reading, then fine. Those performances are few and far between.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

We Dominated the Midfield on 09:34 - Feb 14 with 3382 viewsWickets

For me the midfield was great last night, we have watched too many years of two or even three defensive midfielders try to stiffle the game and grind out results. Hopefully this is about to change because the way we have been playing has kept us afloat , along with expensive loans, but thats about all. So much more exiting to watch a team playing on the front foot players trying to get forward lifting the fans who will always support a team having a go. My hat goes out to Paul Lambert, ok maybe he has been forced into going for it but hopefully he can use last night as a marker for how his Town side is going to play from now on come what may .
We Dominated the Midfield on 09:35 - Feb 14 with 3376 viewsMrTown

We Dominated the Midfield on 09:06 - Feb 14 by textbackup

nothing anti skuse here, but last night was the first time ive seen us control a midfield in absolutely years. and this wasn't a midfield of wigan, or Rotherham, this was derby managed by one of the best midfielders the country has produced.

Not anti Skuse myself at all, hasn't looked the same since his long injury.

His football brain will never slow down but at 33 his body certainly looks like it has, still an influential player around the place though.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

We Dominated the Midfield on 09:51 - Feb 14 with 3325 viewsEireannach_gorm

Skuse is 32 ( 33 in March ) so his ability to get around the field and recovery from injury is going to be an issue. We need to be cultivating a replacement anyway and Chalobah is not that soldier. The same applies to Chambers. Both players have been great servants of the club but a bit of future planning needs to be implemented. The ideal scenario would be to gently phase both out of the team.
We Dominated the Midfield on 12:04 - Feb 14 with 3242 viewsNo9

"carry Skuse" - lolz.

He's been carrie for a long while
He looks older than Jimmy Leadbetter & not as nimble
& certainly can't pass a ball like Jimmy could
We Dominated the Midfield on 12:16 - Feb 14 with 3205 viewsOsborneOneNil

"carry Skuse" - lolz.

Oops, here's Cole Skuse' Mum.

How do you think the midfield, minus Cole, performed last night?
We Dominated the Midfield on 12:18 - Feb 14 with 3189 viewssotd78

Except Skuse might actuallyhave been in the right place for their goal!

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

We Dominated the Midfield on 12:19 - Feb 14 with 3184 viewspowinswitch

We Dominated the Midfield on 09:30 - Feb 14 by SWGF

Chalobah did perfectly well at the base of the diamond; played it perfectly and, arguably, better than Skuse could have. If we can have the Skuse that played at Reading, then fine. Those performances are few and far between.

I am no fan of Cole Skuse. Whilst I understand he does a good job shielding the defence, I assert that a central midfielder has to do more than that. CM is the fulcrum of the team, and anybody playing there has go to be able to pass the ball, including forwards. Skuse seldom plays on the half turn, and will regularly play a wall pass back to the defence when receiving the ball from a defender. That is abdicating responsibility in my opinion. We are very slow when we have the ball, and I believe Skuse is a significant reason for that.

That game at Reading, he was very good, and linked the play excellently, as well as doing his generally good job of shielding the defence. I thought perhaps we were going to see a new Skuse, but that has not proven to be the case. I am a firm believer that when we build a team without him, we will start to improve. I would stick with the starting midfield if we could on Saturday. I realise that if Downes is ill, Skuse may well replace him. I dont expect us to be as effective if that is the case.
We Dominated the Midfield on 12:20 - Feb 14 with 3173 viewsOsborneOneNil

We Dominated the Midfield on 12:18 - Feb 14 by sotd78

Blimey.
We Dominated the Midfield on 12:25 - Feb 14 with 3154 viewsPJH

We Dominated the Midfield on 12:04 - Feb 14 by No9

He's been carrie for a long while
He looks older than Jimmy Leadbetter & not as nimble
& certainly can't pass a ball like Jimmy could

As you say we all know that Skuse played all those games under MM because they were best mates and that he usually played under Hurst because his name was pulled out of the hat more often than not in Hurst's selection policy.
The fact that he is also always picked by PL when available begs the question as to whether PL uses the best mates or names in hat selection policy.

When Skuse does eventually leave us some people on here are going to be very limited in what they can think of to post about.

Yes, the midfield did look very good last night.
We Dominated the Midfield on 12:29 - Feb 14 with 3142 viewsHerbivore

We Dominated the Midfield on 12:16 - Feb 14 by OsborneOneNil

Oops, here's Cole Skuse' Mum.

How do you think the midfield, minus Cole, performed last night?

They did well, as they did on Sunday for most of the game when Skuse was playing. Using a diamond with 4 CMs helps when it comes to getting control in midfield.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We Dominated the Midfield on 12:31 - Feb 14 with 3140 viewspowinswitch

We Dominated the Midfield on 12:25 - Feb 14 by PJH

As you say we all know that Skuse played all those games under MM because they were best mates and that he usually played under Hurst because his name was pulled out of the hat more often than not in Hurst's selection policy.
The fact that he is also always picked by PL when available begs the question as to whether PL uses the best mates or names in hat selection policy.

When Skuse does eventually leave us some people on here are going to be very limited in what they can think of to post about.

Yes, the midfield did look very good last night.

Bonjour my friend. Nice to see a good performance last night, and a rocking atmosphere as well. I am away on my hols soon(ish) but will probably be in touch for a get together in April if you fancy it.

We will continue to disagree about Skusey, amongst other things! I'll get substitute on the juke box later and raise a pint to you know who.
We Dominated the Midfield on 12:35 - Feb 14 with 3117 viewsPJH

We Dominated the Midfield on 12:31 - Feb 14 by powinswitch

Bonjour my friend. Nice to see a good performance last night, and a rocking atmosphere as well. I am away on my hols soon(ish) but will probably be in touch for a get together in April if you fancy it.

We will continue to disagree about Skusey, amongst other things! I'll get substitute on the juke box later and raise a pint to you know who.

Hi, I was thinking about contacting you for another meeting-hope to see you in April.
Substitute and the gentleman that you are referring to will be forever linked in my memory.
We Dominated the Midfield on 12:53 - Feb 14 with 3080 viewsOsborneOneNil

We Dominated the Midfield on 12:29 - Feb 14 by Herbivore

They did well, as they did on Sunday for most of the game when Skuse was playing. Using a diamond with 4 CMs helps when it comes to getting control in midfield.

Yep, agree on that. Just thought the energy was terrific last night, with youth on show.
We Dominated the Midfield on 12:55 - Feb 14 with 3059 viewstractorboy7777

A bit like he was in the way for Norwich's first when he put no distance in his headed clearance.

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

We Dominated the Midfield on 13:52 - Feb 14 with 2997 viewsNo9

LIke on Sunday to gift them with a headed pass?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024