Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? 12:19 - Mar 1 with 2821 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/01/grayling-reaches-33m-settlement

£33m ffs.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 12:22 - Mar 1 with 2798 viewsNo9

£33mn is the tip of an expensive £bill for the taxpayer.
Why it has gone on for so long & why hw hasn't been stopped is one of the great political mysteries of the new millennium
How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 12:33 - Mar 1 with 2764 viewsBrianTablet

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 12:22 - Mar 1 by No9

£33mn is the tip of an expensive £bill for the taxpayer.
Why it has gone on for so long & why hw hasn't been stopped is one of the great political mysteries of the new millennium

A ferry company that can't bring people into this country is surely the ultimate Brexit nirvana?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 12:48 - Mar 1 with 2730 viewsNo9

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 12:33 - Mar 1 by BrianTablet

A ferry company that can't bring people into this country is surely the ultimate Brexit nirvana?

Oh, if you look at the whole thing it is a much bigger FU than just ferries
How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 12:56 - Mar 1 with 2713 viewsDanTheMan

Imagine the reaction if this was Diane Abbott who kept continuously cocking up.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 13:18 - Mar 1 with 2672 viewsfactual_blue

Add to that the £467m also announced today by the NAO to clear up his Probation Service mess, and that's a cool half a billion he's cost you and me.

Well, just you really. Current and retired civil servants are exempt from tax.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 13:19 - Mar 1 with 2664 viewsFreddies_Ears

So, he tried to pay a ferry company that has no ships £18m. He couldn't give it away because they had to admit they weren't going to get any ships.

He then got sued for not giving £18m away, and had to pay £33m to the aggrieved party, Eurotunnel, who thought they should get the contract despite the ferry company being chosen because they didn't operate out of Calais, which is expected to be completely blocked by queuing lorries.

Now, Eurotunnel are going to get the contract that the ferry-company-with-no-ships were going to be given. So, how are Eurotunnel going to magic a clear run along blocked French autoroutes onto shuttles for essential medicines?

I doubt Failing Grayling has a plausible explanation.
How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 13:43 - Mar 1 with 2636 viewsOldsmoker

There's only one job that I don't mind Grayling screwing up.
Make him Chairman of the Tory Party.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 13:45 - Mar 1 with 2630 viewsgiant_stow

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 13:18 - Mar 1 by factual_blue

Add to that the £467m also announced today by the NAO to clear up his Probation Service mess, and that's a cool half a billion he's cost you and me.

Arf - bravo!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 13:48 - Mar 1 with 2627 viewsfactual_blue

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 13:45 - Mar 1 by giant_stow

Arf - bravo!

As a further little insight, Government Departments get to in effect approve the final version of a NAO report. Clear up any misunderstandings etc, that sort of thing.

You can probably work out how it looked before the MoJ got to comment on it.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 14:03 - Mar 1 with 2604 viewsPlums

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 13:19 - Mar 1 by Freddies_Ears

So, he tried to pay a ferry company that has no ships £18m. He couldn't give it away because they had to admit they weren't going to get any ships.

He then got sued for not giving £18m away, and had to pay £33m to the aggrieved party, Eurotunnel, who thought they should get the contract despite the ferry company being chosen because they didn't operate out of Calais, which is expected to be completely blocked by queuing lorries.

Now, Eurotunnel are going to get the contract that the ferry-company-with-no-ships were going to be given. So, how are Eurotunnel going to magic a clear run along blocked French autoroutes onto shuttles for essential medicines?

I doubt Failing Grayling has a plausible explanation.

Not to mention him actually being banned from the port of Calais for being an @rse

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 14:19 - Mar 1 with 2563 viewshomer_123

He's not called Chris 'Failing' Grayling for nothing.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 14:29 - Mar 1 with 2538 viewsNo9

& no one yet knows who is going to pay the bill for dredging Ramsgate harbour, the one the local council didn't want fcuked about with
How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 18:20 - Mar 1 with 2412 viewsbontcho

He can do anything until March 29th and not lose his job. Def info.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 18:23 - Mar 1 with 2408 viewsSpruceMoose

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 12:56 - Mar 1 by DanTheMan

Imagine the reaction if this was Diane Abbott who kept continuously cocking up.

Hmm yes... I wonder why that might be?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 19:04 - Mar 1 with 2371 viewsjeera

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 13:18 - Mar 1 by factual_blue

Whilst not long ago a teenage amputee had her disability transport funding taken away because she has learned to 'cope' with prosthetic legs.

I can't work out if there's money to burn or not. It's all so contradictory.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 19:14 - Mar 1 with 2357 viewsfooters

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 19:04 - Mar 1 by jeera

Whilst not long ago a teenage amputee had her disability transport funding taken away because she has learned to 'cope' with prosthetic legs.

I can't work out if there's money to burn or not. It's all so contradictory.

Yes, the party of fiscal responsibility can find billions to blow on brexit and giving corporate back-handers but all us plebs must take responsibility for 2008 and make sacrifices. The amount of incompetence and greed should shock people of all political stripes. Government depts. piss away literally billions of pounds on bollox- to the same usual suspects.

One would have thought the government would be heavily scrutinising these things but instead reward failure with bonus payments and new contracts. Wish I got a bonus for fcking up my job!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 19:22 - Mar 1 with 2338 viewsbournemouthblue

I always wondered if it is actually his job to fail so they can then bring in Private Alternatives to whatever Government department he has ballsed up

He was tremendously patronising about the Northern Bypass the other day, saying he wanted to see the business case first

Shame he didn't have the same attitude with this ferry company

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 19:25 - Mar 1 with 2329 viewsfooters

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 19:22 - Mar 1 by bournemouthblue

I always wondered if it is actually his job to fail so they can then bring in Private Alternatives to whatever Government department he has ballsed up

He was tremendously patronising about the Northern Bypass the other day, saying he wanted to see the business case first

Shame he didn't have the same attitude with this ferry company

That's a very good point since he was at the MoJ which is responsible for prisons. Lots of money to be made there. In fact, we now do have privatised prisons- most of which are fcking abysmally run. Hmm.

This would certainly solve a mystery, bournemouth!

Edit: For clarity, privatised prions in the UK have been around since the 90s, so not suggesting he started it.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2019 19:27]

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 19:27 - Mar 1 with 2317 viewsbournemouthblue

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 19:25 - Mar 1 by footers

That's a very good point since he was at the MoJ which is responsible for prisons. Lots of money to be made there. In fact, we now do have privatised prisons- most of which are fcking abysmally run. Hmm.

This would certainly solve a mystery, bournemouth!

Edit: For clarity, privatised prions in the UK have been around since the 90s, so not suggesting he started it.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2019 19:27]

Well indeed, how many Prison Riots have we had in the last few years?

An area which a lot of people simply don't get to see

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 19:30 - Mar 1 with 2315 viewsfooters

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 19:27 - Mar 1 by bournemouthblue

Well indeed, how many Prison Riots have we had in the last few years?

An area which a lot of people simply don't get to see

There must be a reason for giving a man with such low competency such high-profile ministerial positions.

I always assumed it was because he had a stash of sordid photos.

How much else can this fella mess up before he's sacked? on 19:42 - Mar 1 with 2299 viewsPecker

They have got to keep their mates in the life style that they have become accustomed. I dare say he gets a little bit back for being a good boy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024