Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor old Tim Wetherspoons 16:23 - Mar 15 with 4514 viewsSpruceMoose

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:01 - Mar 15 with 3341 viewsgtsb

Yeah because you'd like to be as poor as him I reckon.
Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:12 - Mar 15 with 3316 viewscrunchie1978

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:01 - Mar 15 by gtsb

Lmfao....great comment!!!!
Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:24 - Mar 15 with 3270 viewsjontysnut

Yes if only Eddie Izzard and Emma Thompson had carried on supping John Smiths in Spoons he'd have been quids in.
Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:28 - Mar 15 with 3262 viewsgtsb

I have to say the Wetherspoons in Sudbury serve an excellent pint and that is across all beers. The staffing level though leaves a lot to be desired.
Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:30 - Mar 15 with 3256 viewsuefacup81

You might not agree with his politics, but it's tough to argue that 'Spoons doesn't serve a purpose.

It's the kind of place where you know what you're going to get, which is reasonably well-kept beer at a reasonable price, and reasonable food to go with it.

If you find yourself somewhere unfamiliar and hungry/thirsty, you can do a lot worse than head for the nearest 'Spoons.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:31 - Mar 15 with 3243 viewsLord_Lucan

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:28 - Mar 15 by gtsb

I have to say the Wetherspoons in Sudbury serve an excellent pint and that is across all beers. The staffing level though leaves a lot to be desired.

I can't stand Wetherspoons, I will only go in one in extreme circumstances.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:33 - Mar 15 with 3237 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:28 - Mar 15 by gtsb

He doesn't want anything but the absolute minimum staff, and to pay them the absolute minimum. He's blaming his staff for the dip in profits. That's why he wants Brexit so he can lobby for lower pay/fewer employment rights.

The bloke's a tool.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:33 - Mar 15 with 3229 viewsgtsb

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:31 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

I can't stand Wetherspoons, I will only go in one in extreme circumstances.

The one in Sudbury does an excellent pint of Ghostship, Broadside and Shipyard. My three favourite beers.
Login to get fewer ads

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:34 - Mar 15 with 3225 viewsSarge

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:30 - Mar 15 by uefacup81

You might not agree with his politics, but it's tough to argue that 'Spoons doesn't serve a purpose.

It's the kind of place where you know what you're going to get, which is reasonably well-kept beer at a reasonable price, and reasonable food to go with it.

If you find yourself somewhere unfamiliar and hungry/thirsty, you can do a lot worse than head for the nearest 'Spoons.

I love wetherspoons, like you say it’s a reasonable quality and you can’t argue with the price. It’s a shame the owner is a dopey cnt who has no doubt alienated part of his customer base after he started mouthing off with his complete false fantasy. It makes me slightly more hesitant to go in one in case he’s there as part of his tour of idiocy.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 21:33]
Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:35 - Mar 15 with 3220 viewsLord_Lucan

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:33 - Mar 15 by gtsb

The one in Sudbury does an excellent pint of Ghostship, Broadside and Shipyard. My three favourite beers.

Ooh. Is Ghost Ship a house beer or a guest? Not that I am ever in Sudbury, just curious.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:35 - Mar 15 with 3218 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:01 - Mar 15 by gtsb

I don't know moose, but I very much suspect he would happily forgo that sort of money rather than be like Tim Wetherspoons.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 17:46]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:37 - Mar 15 with 3200 viewsgtsb

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:35 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

Ooh. Is Ghost Ship a house beer or a guest? Not that I am ever in Sudbury, just curious.

Well it has been there a while, although I've been drinking Shipyard in there lately, so I guess it's a permanent fixture. I'll have a look tomorrow and let you know. I start off in there on a Saturday and then move round the town.
Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:41 - Mar 15 with 3183 viewsLord_Lucan

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:37 - Mar 15 by gtsb

Well it has been there a while, although I've been drinking Shipyard in there lately, so I guess it's a permanent fixture. I'll have a look tomorrow and let you know. I start off in there on a Saturday and then move round the town.

How long does that take?

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:44 - Mar 15 with 3172 viewsgtsb

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:41 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

How long does that take?

Until I fall over !!
Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:48 - Mar 15 with 3151 viewsLord_Lucan

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:44 - Mar 15 by gtsb

Until I fall over !!

I'm going to a pub called The Trafford tonight, a fine pub that sells Ghost Ship. Pint of Wine Paul told me I was banned from there but I recently went in and all was good. Time is a great healer, there are four pubs in a square mile of me and I am now only banned from one, at one point I nearly completed a full set.

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:49 - Mar 15 with 3139 viewsSpruceMoose

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:35 - Mar 15 by Swansea_Blue

I don't know moose, but I very much suspect he would happily forgo that sort of money rather than be like Tim Wetherspoons.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 17:46]

Seems like you know me well!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:54 - Mar 15 with 3109 viewsgtsb

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:48 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

I'm going to a pub called The Trafford tonight, a fine pub that sells Ghost Ship. Pint of Wine Paul told me I was banned from there but I recently went in and all was good. Time is a great healer, there are four pubs in a square mile of me and I am now only banned from one, at one point I nearly completed a full set.

There is only one pub In Sudbury I don't go in on a Saturday night. Not because I'm banned but one of our Saturday group is. That persons daughter was in said pub one night when some idiot decided to give her hassle not realising her dad was in there. The idiots head hit the bar a few times.
Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:59 - Mar 15 with 3082 viewsgtsb

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:49 - Mar 15 by SpruceMoose

Seems like you know me well!

£330 million. Yeah right Billy Liar.
Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 18:02 - Mar 15 with 3070 viewsLord_Lucan

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 17:54 - Mar 15 by gtsb

There is only one pub In Sudbury I don't go in on a Saturday night. Not because I'm banned but one of our Saturday group is. That persons daughter was in said pub one night when some idiot decided to give her hassle not realising her dad was in there. The idiots head hit the bar a few times.

Good job

I remain banned from The Kings Arms and their only reason was that I drink too much, although I suspect they were narked when I took over the command and control system of the TV one afternoon and showed the 78 cup final and the demolition derby.

The Rose I am not banned but not liked as the owner is a massive Norwich fan, The Gardeners Arms I am not banned but I keep getting bashed round the head so I avoid it.

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 18:48 - Mar 15 with 2974 viewssundaze

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 18:02 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

Good job

I remain banned from The Kings Arms and their only reason was that I drink too much, although I suspect they were narked when I took over the command and control system of the TV one afternoon and showed the 78 cup final and the demolition derby.

The Rose I am not banned but not liked as the owner is a massive Norwich fan, The Gardeners Arms I am not banned but I keep getting bashed round the head so I avoid it.

I loved that post of you taking control of the tv, probably my favourite post on here.
Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 18:49 - Mar 15 with 2968 viewsgiant_stow

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 18:02 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

Good job

Who keeps beating you up in there and why don't you tell them off?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 19:11 - Mar 15 with 2919 viewsLord_Lucan

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 18:49 - Mar 15 by giant_stow

Who keeps beating you up in there and why don't you tell them off?

It’s all a bit weird. I’ve had a few people have a go at me and because I am an idiot I never back down if outnumbered but it’s always broken up by the sizeable landlord and I sit back on my seat and everyone else gets annoyed.

Thing is though on three ocassions now I have been jumped from behind while walking back to the man cave. On two of those ocassions I must have been whacked with a bat as I’ve ended up with a head bump like they have on the cartoons. The last time was a bit bad, I woke up covered in blood and was concussed for a few days so I decided to give the place a miss.

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 19:20 - Mar 15 with 2884 viewsgiant_stow

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 19:11 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

It’s all a bit weird. I’ve had a few people have a go at me and because I am an idiot I never back down if outnumbered but it’s always broken up by the sizeable landlord and I sit back on my seat and everyone else gets annoyed.

Thing is though on three ocassions now I have been jumped from behind while walking back to the man cave. On two of those ocassions I must have been whacked with a bat as I’ve ended up with a head bump like they have on the cartoons. The last time was a bit bad, I woke up covered in blood and was concussed for a few days so I decided to give the place a miss.

Wtf? Is this cause they know know an Ipswich fan? Sorry to hear about your troubles - I spose you haven't got the police involved but knocked unconscious from behind? Fck a duck.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 19:30 - Mar 15 with 2865 viewsfooters

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 19:11 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

Is there a reason you have to do business in bandit country, Lucan? Seems a bit mad if not!

Why not move somewhere less violent, like Beirut?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 19:31 - Mar 15 with 2860 viewsLord_Lucan

Poor old Tim Wetherspoons on 19:20 - Mar 15 by giant_stow

Wtf? Is this cause they know know an Ipswich fan? Sorry to hear about your troubles - I spose you haven't got the police involved but knocked unconscious from behind? Fck a duck.

Yeah it’s because I’m Ipswich and when they wind me up I tell them to feck off. I like to sit up the bar reading an Ipswich related book. Do you know the pub? It’s in Lakenham which is a supposedly bad area but it seems ok to me, not a patch on Ipswich estates.

I wouldn’t call the police if I were close to death. Last year the bastards parked on my driveway to visit a house over the road and I told them to move, they thought I was joking so I told them to feck off. They still wouldn’t move it so I called one of them a fat c*nt and they bloody nicked me. Had to wait 30 mins in handcuffs in front of all the neighbours with the bastards sitting on me until they got a van.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024