Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit - money on the table 18:32 - Mar 17 with 2902 viewsHerbivore

This isn't actually a thread about the government bribing the DUP to vote for its deal, surprisingly.

What are your predictions for how Brexit plays out from here? Lay your bets now.

My prediction: DUP take the bribe and ERG fold a hand they've already overplayed and back May's deal. It squeaks through and we leave in June.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Brexit - money on the table on 18:39 - Mar 17 with 2886 viewsJ2BLUE

May's deal voted down again and parliament vote to extend article 50. Gridlock in parliament. We take part in European elections. Referendum 2.0 announced to break the deadlock. Some form of 3 way referendum between no deal, deal and remain. Toxic campaign, plenty of low level civil unrest. Remain win by 10+ percentage points. The next day we see massive rallies in London, Edinburgh and other big cities celebrating the result. We also see plenty of anger and some moderate chaos from hardcore leavers. The issue drags on. Brexit party created but it never gets widespread support. Eventually people get over it and life moves on.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Brexit - money on the table on 18:47 - Mar 17 with 2864 viewsronnyd

Brexit - money on the table on 18:39 - Mar 17 by J2BLUE

May's deal voted down again and parliament vote to extend article 50. Gridlock in parliament. We take part in European elections. Referendum 2.0 announced to break the deadlock. Some form of 3 way referendum between no deal, deal and remain. Toxic campaign, plenty of low level civil unrest. Remain win by 10+ percentage points. The next day we see massive rallies in London, Edinburgh and other big cities celebrating the result. We also see plenty of anger and some moderate chaos from hardcore leavers. The issue drags on. Brexit party created but it never gets widespread support. Eventually people get over it and life moves on.

Unfortunately some in the mining communities have failed to move on from the miners strike. Look how long ago that was. Some just can,t move on.
Brexit - money on the table on 18:48 - Mar 17 with 2854 viewsJakeITFC

Yeah, I think they’ll take May’s deal now.

Absolute shiitheads.
Brexit - money on the table on 19:00 - Mar 17 with 2823 viewsLord_Lucan

I think she will lose by 10 or 20 votes. A50 extended - and extended again.

No leave.

Civil unrest.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Brexit - money on the table on 19:06 - Mar 17 with 2805 viewsnoggin

Brexit - money on the table on 18:47 - Mar 17 by ronnyd

Unfortunately some in the mining communities have failed to move on from the miners strike. Look how long ago that was. Some just can,t move on.

What, those communities that were left as ghost towns and never recovered?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Brexit - money on the table on 19:09 - Mar 17 with 2799 viewsLord_Lucan

Brexit - money on the table on 19:06 - Mar 17 by noggin

What, those communities that were left as ghost towns and never recovered?

I think he was talking about the rift between families.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Brexit - money on the table on 19:16 - Mar 17 with 2787 viewsHerbivore

Brexit - money on the table on 19:00 - Mar 17 by Lord_Lucan

I think she will lose by 10 or 20 votes. A50 extended - and extended again.

No leave.

Civil unrest.

If she loses by 10-20 votes she'll be bringing it back pretty quickly for a fourth try.

Brexit - money on the table on 19:16 - Mar 17 with 2783 viewsconnorscontract

I fear that this may be the case.
Login to get fewer ads

Brexit - money on the table on 19:18 - Mar 17 with 2774 viewsPJH

Brexit - money on the table on 19:16 - Mar 17 by Herbivore

If she loses by 10-20 votes she'll be bringing it back pretty quickly for a fourth try.

Bit like Man U used to be under Ferguson, keep playing until they (she) gets ahead.
Brexit - money on the table on 19:25 - Mar 17 with 2771 viewspointofblue

Brexit - money on the table on 18:48 - Mar 17 by JakeITFC

Yeah, I think they’ll take May’s deal now.

Absolute shiitheads.

Can't help but recall Laura Kuenssberg's comment after lat week's votes: May could be losing her way to victory. Parliament have locked down No Deal to such an extent the ERG and remaining Brexiteers have very little room to manouver. But I think something will happen in the next 48 hours which will result in the deal being voted down again.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Brexit - money on the table on 19:34 - Mar 17 with 2749 viewsWeWereZombies

At some point in the next few months Brexit will happen, the Troubles will return and a prolonged but ultimately successful campaign for Scottish Independence (but very watered down from the previous try - which was just a SuperDevoMax anyway) will cause widespread outrage. And Gibraltar will throw their lot in with Spain so long as they can have greater autonomy than Catalonia - Catalonia will be allowed to become a dependency of Andorra - Corsica will become one of the Balearic Islands - Farage will become king of Kosovo - and the United Kingdom will rejoin the European Union, acceding as the same time as Tajikistan.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Brexit - money on the table on 19:35 - Mar 17 with 2740 viewsPJH

Brexit - money on the table on 19:34 - Mar 17 by WeWereZombies

At some point in the next few months Brexit will happen, the Troubles will return and a prolonged but ultimately successful campaign for Scottish Independence (but very watered down from the previous try - which was just a SuperDevoMax anyway) will cause widespread outrage. And Gibraltar will throw their lot in with Spain so long as they can have greater autonomy than Catalonia - Catalonia will be allowed to become a dependency of Andorra - Corsica will become one of the Balearic Islands - Farage will become king of Kosovo - and the United Kingdom will rejoin the European Union, acceding as the same time as Tajikistan.

But will we come back up from League One?
Brexit - money on the table on 19:38 - Mar 17 with 2732 viewsWeWereZombies

Brexit - money on the table on 19:35 - Mar 17 by PJH

But will we come back up from League One?

Yes but unfortunately we will also have merged with Colchester United by then and be playing at our new ground in Manningtree.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Brexit - money on the table on 19:42 - Mar 17 with 2726 viewsDarth_Koont

Literally no idea.

I think we may well stay in the end but even if we leave it'll now be in name only with a Norway-type arrangement. So remaining or leaving will largely look the same, and we can get on with our lives and sorting out the real problems in our country and political system.

Pronouns: He/Him

Brexit - money on the table on 19:47 - Mar 17 with 2712 viewsPinewoodblue

May will tell the house, on Tuesday, that there will not be another meaningful vote since she doesn't feel her deal will be accepted. Announces she is going to Brussels on Thursday seeking a delayed departure from the EU so that the referendum can be honoured.

Wednesday Corbyn doesn't even mention Brexit or peoples vote in PMQ's

Thursday Brussels reject a short term delay and offer a two year adjournment but at a hefty price, including a financial penalty of £13-15 billion..

Friday May announces she intends to stand down as PM and feels someone else should take over.

Monday week, the EU says that unless their offer is accepted the UK will no longer be a member of the EU from 11pm GMT on 29th March.

Wednesday 27th March HoC holds a meaningful vote and tells the EU they will not be dictated to and announce we will leave of our own accord.

Thursday 28th I fly out to Florida, take a cruise and leave you all to it. hoping that something will be sorted before I return.

At some point TWTD goes into meltdown.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Brexit - money on the table on 20:04 - Mar 17 with 2640 viewsgordon

May's deal passes by 3. Brexit march turns violent next weekend.
Brexit - money on the table on 20:05 - Mar 17 with 2642 viewsHerbivore

Brexit - money on the table on 19:25 - Mar 17 by pointofblue

Can't help but recall Laura Kuenssberg's comment after lat week's votes: May could be losing her way to victory. Parliament have locked down No Deal to such an extent the ERG and remaining Brexiteers have very little room to manouver. But I think something will happen in the next 48 hours which will result in the deal being voted down again.

I'd laugh my cock off if Bercow refused to allow another vote on May's deal.

Brexit - money on the table on 20:11 - Mar 17 with 2605 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Campaigning begins to restore the voting rights of people that died in the previous 2 to 3 years!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Brexit - money on the table on 20:18 - Mar 17 with 2585 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Brexit - money on the table on 19:34 - Mar 17 by WeWereZombies

You forgot the assassination of Arch Duke Farage leading to a world war started by Trump and Putin over who loved him the most.....the handful of survivors and cockroaches will refer to it as the Golden Shower War.

Brexit - money on the table on 20:24 - Mar 17 with 2556 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Brexit - money on the table on 19:47 - Mar 17 by Pinewoodblue

May will tell the house, on Tuesday, that there will not be another meaningful vote since she doesn't feel her deal will be accepted. Announces she is going to Brussels on Thursday seeking a delayed departure from the EU so that the referendum can be honoured.

Wednesday Corbyn doesn't even mention Brexit or peoples vote in PMQ's

Thursday Brussels reject a short term delay and offer a two year adjournment but at a hefty price, including a financial penalty of £13-15 billion..

Friday May announces she intends to stand down as PM and feels someone else should take over.

Monday week, the EU says that unless their offer is accepted the UK will no longer be a member of the EU from 11pm GMT on 29th March.

Wednesday 27th March HoC holds a meaningful vote and tells the EU they will not be dictated to and announce we will leave of our own accord.

Thursday 28th I fly out to Florida, take a cruise and leave you all to it. hoping that something will be sorted before I return.

At some point TWTD goes into meltdown.

......but GB returns and reminds us that this is all as nothing compared to the existential threat that Corbyn is to global Jewry and nobody notices the Brexit stuff anymore!

Brexit - money on the table on 20:27 - Mar 17 with 2542 viewsPinewoodblue

Brexit - money on the table on 20:24 - Mar 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

......but GB returns and reminds us that this is all as nothing compared to the existential threat that Corbyn is to global Jewry and nobody notices the Brexit stuff anymore!

As long as that is between 28th March and 7th April i won't mind!

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Brexit - money on the table on 20:35 - Mar 17 with 2520 viewsChurchman

I agree with this prediction. If it happens, the swivel eyed brigade will expel a lot of hot air, but I’m sure the Tory millionaires’ ££££ millions are safely tucked away offshore and they’ll soon get bored. The rest of us will just carry on as if this sorry shambles had never happened, hopefully. There will be a hung parliament controlled by Momentum/Labour clowns and what’s left of the tories will be able to enjoy the comfy back seat of opposition, which they’ve always loved far more than power.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024