Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birdwatchers, a couple of questions 16:42 - Apr 1 with 3028 viewsBrixtonBlue

1. On the waterways and muddly planes as you near Ipswich on the train (the Suffolk broads I presume) - what are the little birds that walk along the mud and probe it with their long beaks?

2. What's that bird noise I always hear in the mornings this time of year that goes sort of "ooh ooooh uh, ooh ooooh uh"? I always thought it was cuckoos but they have two notes (hence the name) rather than 3.

Any ideas?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 16:52 - Apr 1 with 3001 viewschicoazul

Curlew & wood pigeon.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 16:56 - Apr 1 with 2988 viewsGeoffSentence

1. Could be any one of a number of various waders, most of which will behave like that.

2. That will be a pigeon of some sort, most likely a wood pigeon. The cuckoos aren't here yet, they don't arrive until late April/early May and then they feck off in a hurry in June. They don't hang about , the feckless bwggers.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 17:27 - Apr 1 with 2939 viewseireblue

1. https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/wildlife-guides/identify-a-bird/

2. Phone up the RSPB helpline, make the bird noises down the phone line, and they will probably offer some pertinent advice.
Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 17:36 - Apr 1 with 2920 viewsgordon

The second either a Wood Pigeon or a Collared Dove.

Collared Dove: Ooh ooooh uh, ooh ooooh uh, ooh oooooh uh

Wood Pigeon: Ooh oooooh ooh uh-uh, ooh oooooh ooh uh-uh

The first could be lots of different types of Waders. Need leg colour and bill shape (straight or downcurved) for a start. My guess, based on information provided, is Redshank.
Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 17:36 - Apr 1 with 2919 viewsgordon

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 17:36 - Apr 1 by gordon

The first could be lots of different types of Waders. Need leg colour and bill shape (straight or downcurved) for a start. My guess, based on information provided, is Redshank.

Apologies, your description was perfect for Collared Dove, I didn't read it correctly the first time.
Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 17:45 - Apr 1 with 2902 viewsBrixtonBlue

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 17:36 - Apr 1 by gordon

Having a listen on youtube, they are very similar with the dove being a bit quicker. The one I'm hearing though is a wood pigeon. Cheers all.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 17:49 - Apr 1 with 2894 viewsSpruceMoose

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 17:45 - Apr 1 by BrixtonBlue

Having a listen on youtube, they are very similar with the dove being a bit quicker. The one I'm hearing though is a wood pigeon. Cheers all.

Happy hunting Dolly!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 17:56 - Apr 1 with 2879 viewswkj

I like to take pictures of birds and use them as my avatar in a delightful show of avian appropriation

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 18:05 - Apr 1 with 2862 viewsgiant_stow

There's no such thing as the suffolk broads and certainly not near Ipswich.

There is a small section of the Norfolk Broads which form the boundary of Norfolk and suffolk, but sadly, bridges were built some time ago. Also, I'm not sure where Oulton Broad falls - that might be suffolk, but if it is, its a very small gift from us to you - say thank you.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 18:07 - Apr 1 with 2859 viewswkj

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 18:05 - Apr 1 by giant_stow

There is a small section of the Norfolk Broads which form the boundary of Norfolk and suffolk, but sadly, bridges were built some time ago. Also, I'm not sure where Oulton Broad falls - that might be suffolk, but if it is, its a very small gift from us to you - say thank you.

We can't, were still thanking you for Lambert

Crybaby

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 18:08 - Apr 1 with 2856 viewsgiant_stow

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 18:07 - Apr 1 by wkj

We can't, were still thanking you for Lambert

That's very polite of you. Just imagine how bad things could have been if we hadn't have sent him?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 18:09 - Apr 1 with 2855 viewswkj

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 18:08 - Apr 1 by giant_stow

That's very polite of you. Just imagine how bad things could have been if we hadn't have sent him?

Crybaby

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 18:19 - Apr 1 with 2838 viewsfactual_blue

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 18:09 - Apr 1 by wkj

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 18:29 - Apr 1 with 2817 viewsIpswichKnight

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 18:09 - Apr 1 by wkj

How happy are the QPR fans going to be when he rocks up to QPR!
Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 18:39 - Apr 1 with 2796 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Oyster catcher and your neighbours cockerel!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 18:44 - Apr 1 with 2789 viewsMeadowlark

The Oulton Broad Falls are definitely in Suffolk.

Or "Owlton" Broad as the Lesser Anglia AI train conductor pronounces it!
Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 19:34 - Apr 1 with 2732 viewsRyorry

1. Are the little birds black & white with orange beaks & very noisy? = Oystercatchers.

You already have your answer to no. 2!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 19:44 - Apr 1 with 2707 viewsGeoffSentence

Actually Ulla you are wrong. There is no such place as the Norfolk Broads. It is either The Norfolk and Suffolk Broads or simply The Broads.

PS Try telling the people pf Beccles that they are neither in the broads nor in Suffolk.

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 19:59 - Apr 1 with 2691 viewsgiant_stow

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 19:44 - Apr 1 by GeoffSentence

Actually Ulla you are wrong. There is no such place as the Norfolk Broads. It is either The Norfolk and Suffolk Broads or simply The Broads.

PS Try telling the people pf Beccles that they are neither in the broads nor in Suffolk.

Beccles is lovely and close to my heart, but some of them are very confused. Its a norfolk town really - just technically in suffolk.

I'll half agree with your other point: there's no such place as the suffolk broads.

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 20:06 - Apr 1 with 2679 viewsGeoffSentence

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 19:59 - Apr 1 by giant_stow

Beccles is lovely and close to my heart, but some of them are very confused. Its a norfolk town really - just technically in suffolk.

I'll half agree with your other point: there's no such place as the suffolk broads.

You are confused Ulla.

Suffolk Broad

Norfolk Broad

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 20:16 - Apr 1 with 2658 viewsgiant_stow

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 20:06 - Apr 1 by GeoffSentence

You are confused Ulla.

Suffolk Broad

Norfolk Broad

....oh delia....yeap....nearly....ah....

Birdwatchers, a couple of questions on 11:56 - Apr 2 with 2504 viewsBackToRussia

He's talking about the Stour estuary.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024