Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season - kids 11:38 - Apr 11 with 3622 viewsBobbychase

Wonder how many of these will thrive in L1. You can't have the bulk of the team being young players in a very physical division with lots of streetwise old pros in the opposition but our future is bright.

Downes
Woolfenden
Dozzell
Bishop
Lankester
Folami
El Mizouni
Kenlock
Emmanuel
Nydam

(Is Aaron Drinan still our player..?)

Honourable mention for Danny Rowe who isn't that young but for some reason I think of him as "youth"

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Next season - kids on 11:41 - Apr 11 with 3022 viewsKieran_Knows

I think last night showed just how much we are lacking in terms of a decent spine to the side. Get a good group of 6-7 players, with a sprinkling of youth players around them.

Personally think something along the lines of;
-----------------------New GK
New RB -- Chambers -- New CB -- Kenlock
-------------Skuse/Downes -- Bishop
----------Lankester -- Judge -- New LW
------------------Keane/Norwood

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Next season - kids on 11:42 - Apr 11 with 3017 viewsIpswichKnight

Woolfenden has been playing L2 which is probably as physical but with less quality, could he be a shout for RB?

Rowe I suspect will be allowed to leave and will join Lincoln where he will have a stormer against us!

I really liked the look of Lankester he was one of the few of our youngsters to drive at teams with pace that will be a big asset I think in L1
Next season - kids on 11:45 - Apr 11 with 3003 viewsBobbychase

Next season - kids on 11:42 - Apr 11 by IpswichKnight

Woolfenden has been playing L2 which is probably as physical but with less quality, could he be a shout for RB?

Rowe I suspect will be allowed to leave and will join Lincoln where he will have a stormer against us!

I really liked the look of Lankester he was one of the few of our youngsters to drive at teams with pace that will be a big asset I think in L1

I've only seen Rowe play once in the flesh - late sub at Exeter in the League Cup this season. He had a good impact and I'd love to see him given a chance.

But as you say, we'll probably sell him to Lincoln and watch him have a productive season.

Lankester could have a real breakthrough season in 2019-20

Next season - kids on 11:57 - Apr 11 with 2960 viewsGarv

Big seasons for Bishop and Lankester for me. You'd like to think after reasonable experience in that league (and championship) Emmanuel should step up.

Considering our complete lack of wide players Rowe should come back into things.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Next season - kids on 11:58 - Apr 11 with 2957 viewsBobbychase

Next season - kids on 11:41 - Apr 11 by Kieran_Knows

I think last night showed just how much we are lacking in terms of a decent spine to the side. Get a good group of 6-7 players, with a sprinkling of youth players around them.

Here's my "ideal world" starting 11. Involves some sicknotes rising from their sickbeds

Bart

Woolfenden
Chambers
Collins
Kenlock

Dozzell
Huws
Bishop
Judge

Keane
Norwood

Possible subs

Harry Wright
Downes
Lankester
New winger
Folami/El Mizouni
Premier League loanee striker
New CB

Next season - kids on 12:00 - Apr 11 with 2946 viewsBobbychase

Next season - kids on 11:57 - Apr 11 by Garv

Big seasons for Bishop and Lankester for me. You'd like to think after reasonable experience in that league (and championship) Emmanuel should step up.

Considering our complete lack of wide players Rowe should come back into things.

I'd like to think that the sort of through ball Dozzell played to Quaner last night when he hit the post would bring a lot of goals if it was into the feet of a Billy Sharp-style striker who is a bit more clinical than our current crop of forwards

Of course Edwards, Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson might play out of their skins next season being in the division where they made their reputations

Next season - kids on 12:20 - Apr 11 with 2897 viewsGarv

Next season - kids on 12:00 - Apr 11 by Bobbychase

I'd like to think that the sort of through ball Dozzell played to Quaner last night when he hit the post would bring a lot of goals if it was into the feet of a Billy Sharp-style striker who is a bit more clinical than our current crop of forwards

Of course Edwards, Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson might play out of their skins next season being in the division where they made their reputations

Jackson was league two but I'm sure he will be a lot better than he's been this year. Harrison too.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Next season - kids on 12:25 - Apr 11 with 2885 viewsBobbychase

Next season - kids on 12:20 - Apr 11 by Garv

Jackson was league two but I'm sure he will be a lot better than he's been this year. Harrison too.

I think Jackson might surprise us next season

Important that we have decent dead ball delivery because with the wide players we have and players like Dozzell and Bishop we'll be getting a lot of free kicks and corners. Oh for Darren Currie to be revitalised

Login to get fewer ads

Next season - kids on 12:28 - Apr 11 with 2868 viewsBobbychase

Next season - kids on 11:58 - Apr 11 by Bobbychase

Here's my "ideal world" starting 11. Involves some sicknotes rising from their sickbeds

Bart

Woolfenden
Chambers
Collins
Kenlock

Dozzell
Huws
Bishop
Judge

Keane
Norwood

Possible subs

Harry Wright
Downes
Lankester
New winger
Folami/El Mizouni
Premier League loanee striker
New CB

Whoops, left most of Hurst's signings out of this. Wasn't deliberate

Man we need to trim down the squad

Next season - kids on 12:29 - Apr 11 with 2870 viewsBlueBadger

A lot of them are quite lightweight still. I fear that there may be a lot of us being muscled out of games they either a) don't get streetwise quick or B) we don't recruit a couple of rough-and-ready types.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I loved Darren Currie on 12:32 - Apr 11 with 2854 viewsDyland

Next season - kids on 12:25 - Apr 11 by Bobbychase

I think Jackson might surprise us next season

Important that we have decent dead ball delivery because with the wide players we have and players like Dozzell and Bishop we'll be getting a lot of free kicks and corners. Oh for Darren Currie to be revitalised

Only problem was, even I was quicker than him. Literally.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Next season - kids on 12:34 - Apr 11 with 2854 viewsPJH

Next season - kids on 12:29 - Apr 11 by BlueBadger

A lot of them are quite lightweight still. I fear that there may be a lot of us being muscled out of games they either a) don't get streetwise quick or B) we don't recruit a couple of rough-and-ready types.

It was good to see the Bishop keep getting up again last night after getting bashed.
I think he now looks far less brittle than he did and he is one that I think could really thrive next season.
Next season - kids on 12:37 - Apr 11 with 2830 viewsBobbychase

Next season - kids on 12:29 - Apr 11 by BlueBadger

Spot on. I think we'll outfootball many sides but Lincoln City and Accrington cup exits show we need to be able to 'earn the right to play' when it comes to the physical stuff.

I loved Darren Currie on 12:38 - Apr 11 with 2821 viewsBobbychase

I loved Darren Currie on 12:32 - Apr 11 by Dyland

Only problem was, even I was quicker than him. Literally.

have we had anyone since him who could put free kicks into the top corner consistently though?

Nope on 12:39 - Apr 11 with 2818 viewsDyland

I loved Darren Currie on 12:38 - Apr 11 by Bobbychase

have we had anyone since him who could put free kicks into the top corner consistently though?

His delivery and shooting was a class apart. If he wasn't so slow there is not a chance he would have been at Town.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Nope on 12:41 - Apr 11 with 2811 viewsBobbychase

Nope on 12:39 - Apr 11 by Dyland

His delivery and shooting was a class apart. If he wasn't so slow there is not a chance he would have been at Town.

Yeah true.

Magilton was a decent taker of a free kick (see 3-1 win at Charlton towards end of 1999-2000 season) but like defenders heading in corners, we really lack goals from that source

Next season - kids on 12:43 - Apr 11 with 2796 viewsIpswichKnight

Next season - kids on 11:45 - Apr 11 by Bobbychase

I've only seen Rowe play once in the flesh - late sub at Exeter in the League Cup this season. He had a good impact and I'd love to see him given a chance.

But as you say, we'll probably sell him to Lincoln and watch him have a productive season.

Lankester could have a real breakthrough season in 2019-20

I'd agree about Rowe the few times I've seen him ( pre-season mainly ) he has looked decent with a good delivery and not scared to take people on.

I would love Collins to play but fear he may call it quits at the end of this season, if we could get him on a pay as you play deal it would be fantastic. If we are going to try and play the ball out then Woolfy might fit that bill, my concern is that neither Toto or Chambers are comfortable on the ball and I don't think we want to get into an aerial battle in midfield if we start hitting it long. I still think that 3 centre halves and wing backs suits our personnel better than a 4 at the back.
Next season - kids on 12:46 - Apr 11 with 2790 viewsBobbychase

Next season - kids on 12:43 - Apr 11 by IpswichKnight

I'd agree about Rowe the few times I've seen him ( pre-season mainly ) he has looked decent with a good delivery and not scared to take people on.

I would love Collins to play but fear he may call it quits at the end of this season, if we could get him on a pay as you play deal it would be fantastic. If we are going to try and play the ball out then Woolfy might fit that bill, my concern is that neither Toto or Chambers are comfortable on the ball and I don't think we want to get into an aerial battle in midfield if we start hitting it long. I still think that 3 centre halves and wing backs suits our personnel better than a 4 at the back.

I just think in League One Rowe could do a job as an impact sub against tired teams or come on when the game is stretched.

Collins was such a beast at Bolton, he could certainly help us in L1.

Agree about wing backs

Next season - kids on 14:01 - Apr 11 with 2658 viewsblueislander

Next season - kids on 12:43 - Apr 11 by IpswichKnight

It was plainly obvious last night that we need to play the ball out of defence, which we will never do when we have Bart, Chambers and Nsiala playing. Brentford did it despite our attempts to press , and were able to build from there. When we hoofed it, the ball was claimed by Brentford and they used it very well. Someone mentioned Dozzell's through ball to Quaner. That shone out like a beacon as one of the very few moments of real quality we showed.
I loved Darren Currie on 14:06 - Apr 11 with 2640 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I loved Darren Currie on 12:38 - Apr 11 by Bobbychase

Waghorn has been our best set piece taker in recent years. Hoping Judge and one of the youngsters (Dozzell/Bishop/Lankester/El Mizouni) can replace what we have been missing.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Next season - kids on 14:15 - Apr 11 with 2621 viewsIpswichKnight

Next season - kids on 14:01 - Apr 11 by blueislander

It was plainly obvious last night that we need to play the ball out of defence, which we will never do when we have Bart, Chambers and Nsiala playing. Brentford did it despite our attempts to press , and were able to build from there. When we hoofed it, the ball was claimed by Brentford and they used it very well. Someone mentioned Dozzell's through ball to Quaner. That shone out like a beacon as one of the very few moments of real quality we showed.

Can't argue with that. I lost count of the amount of times we lost possession from a Bart clearance either it goes out for a throw or we lose the aerial battle and are scrambling around trying to win the knock down.

something I heard on the Kings of Anglia podcast think it was Andy Warren saying that Harry Wright was good with his feet and they also mentioned that quite a few L1 clubs loan in a keeper from the PL ( normally an U23 ). I do think we will look to have a keeper who can play the ball for next season.
Next season - kids on 14:22 - Apr 11 with 2592 viewsblueislander

Next season - kids on 14:15 - Apr 11 by IpswichKnight

Can't argue with that. I lost count of the amount of times we lost possession from a Bart clearance either it goes out for a throw or we lose the aerial battle and are scrambling around trying to win the knock down.

something I heard on the Kings of Anglia podcast think it was Andy Warren saying that Harry Wright was good with his feet and they also mentioned that quite a few L1 clubs loan in a keeper from the PL ( normally an U23 ). I do think we will look to have a keeper who can play the ball for next season.

Let us hope that any new keeper we get can also command his area. It was very apparent that Bart does not do this , compared to the Brentford keeper who made several very good claims , and eased the pressure. Brilliant shot-stopper though he is, Bart is far from being the complete goalkeeper.
Next season - kids on 15:06 - Apr 11 with 2526 viewscbower

Next season - kids on 14:22 - Apr 11 by blueislander

Let us hope that any new keeper we get can also command his area. It was very apparent that Bart does not do this , compared to the Brentford keeper who made several very good claims , and eased the pressure. Brilliant shot-stopper though he is, Bart is far from being the complete goalkeeper.

Said this so many times myself. Bart's highlight reel must be absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, the bread and butter stuff - kicking, catching and dominating the 6 yard box is sadly lacking. He can also be a little suspect from distance at times. If he were to go, we would not get a better shot stopper but I reckon we could get a better all round goalkeeper.

bluescouser

Next season - kids on 15:19 - Apr 11 with 2506 viewsMrTown

Next season - kids on 11:41 - Apr 11 by Kieran_Knows

This is probably as good as we can get.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Next season - kids on 15:28 - Apr 11 with 2485 viewsMrTown

New GK
Emmanuel/ Chambers / Collins / Kenlock
Skuse / Bishop
Lankester / Judge / New LW
Norwood

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024