Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START 10:51 - Apr 13 with 5613 viewsChurchman75

His negligence is the reason why we are where we are.

One of the richest people in the UK and we get treated like this.

Yep woken up 😡 and hurting this morning

I don’t care what anybody says, he’s ruined us!!

Mr Cobbold and Mr Robson will be turning in their graves at the way we have been mismanaged and neglected. Shame on you Evans!!!!!
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 10:54]

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:49 - Apr 13 with 2549 viewspointofblue

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:44 - Apr 13 by Ftnfwest

That's one thing I don't blame him for. Mick was categoric about what he needed in that window which was very little in his own words.

My personal opinion is Mick was very careful with his phrasing back then - he couldn’t buy better than he had but, unspoken, on the funds available to him. If the budget had been higher Mick would have probably been able to improve the squad.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:50 - Apr 13 with 2548 viewssparks

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:49 - Apr 13 by BLUEGOLD

I'm not saying that I think Evans should do that (although I'd obviously like to have seen him do it), it's just what you need to give yourselves a crack at the top half / play off area.

The other problem is clearly there aren't a queue of people wanting to buy a club like ours & if there was how do you differentiate between the owners of Leicester & QPR/Coventry??

Quite. Which is why I asked the OP what he was actually protesting for.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:51 - Apr 13 with 2548 viewsBLUEGOLD

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:44 - Apr 13 by Ftnfwest

That's one thing I don't blame him for. Mick was categoric about what he needed in that window which was very little in his own words.

I agree with this as all we needed was a couple of loanees for 6 months which would not have put us in jeopardy at all, but might have led to the riches of the Premier League even if only for 1 year which gives a well run club the chance to plan for the next 5 years.
EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:54 - Apr 13 with 2540 viewsFtnfwest

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:49 - Apr 13 by pointofblue

My personal opinion is Mick was very careful with his phrasing back then - he couldn’t buy better than he had but, unspoken, on the funds available to him. If the budget had been higher Mick would have probably been able to improve the squad.

I always took his comments to mean within reason of course but throughout his tenure there was never any mention of limits on funds it was just implied. Where Evans has failed is his amateurish approach to not only transfer deals but most other off and on field areas. It's not simply a case of not chucking enough money in.
EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:56 - Apr 13 with 2539 viewsBinner

Yet another OP from poster with a hugely developed sense of entitlement.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:56 - Apr 13 with 2538 viewscatch74

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 10:57 - Apr 13 by pointofblue

In hindsight Evans’ big mistake was not throwing his weight behind Mick in January 2015 but, if we still failed to go up, then the club and possibly he himself might have been in trouble financially.

I kind of agree but who would we have got?
MM stated he couldn’t have got anyone better (Lambert also saying if you pick up players in Jan, there’s a reason they’re available/ takes time to get them up to speed), then look at the players we picked up in the transfer window after that.
Maybe if we could have picked up Judge then ....

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 12:12 - Apr 13 with 2512 viewspatrickswell

If I was Evans and I read most of the responses on this thread, I would be pissing myself with laughter.

We really do seem prepared to accept any old crap from the people running this club. Well congratulations, folks, you’ve won the star prize of League One football.
EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 12:21 - Apr 13 with 2496 viewsKeaneish

You're not allowed. By power of the TWTD illuminati, any display of displeasure against the establishment without a well thought out plan is banned. After all, there is no buyer for the club and he puts in 6 million a year of his own money. The rhetoric goes something like that.

If you do something during the course of the game, don't forget to check back on here for a vitriolic assessment of your actions.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 12:21 - Apr 13 with 2496 viewsfooters

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 12:12 - Apr 13 by patrickswell

If I was Evans and I read most of the responses on this thread, I would be pissing myself with laughter.

We really do seem prepared to accept any old crap from the people running this club. Well congratulations, folks, you’ve won the star prize of League One football.

You'd p1ss yourself with laughter while being 100 mil in the hole? Yeah ok, right.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 12:36 - Apr 13 with 2467 viewsjeera

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 12:21 - Apr 13 by Keaneish

You're not allowed. By power of the TWTD illuminati, any display of displeasure against the establishment without a well thought out plan is banned. After all, there is no buyer for the club and he puts in 6 million a year of his own money. The rhetoric goes something like that.

If you do something during the course of the game, don't forget to check back on here for a vitriolic assessment of your actions.

Most would be chuffed to bits if a super-rich owner were to emerge so I dunno why this same old line gets wheeled out.

As is pointed out elsewhere, these posts always become about digs at other fans.

You don't need the approval of this board to take action.

Let us know how it goes.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 12:38 - Apr 13 with 2465 viewscatch74

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 12:21 - Apr 13 by Keaneish

Surely it’s just people with differing views airing their point. I haven’t seen much vitriol from people defending Evans. I’m not sure there’s anyone on here who thinks Evans is the perfect owner.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 12:57 - Apr 13 with 2443 viewsKeaneish

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 12:36 - Apr 13 by jeera

Most would be chuffed to bits if a super-rich owner were to emerge so I dunno why this same old line gets wheeled out.

As is pointed out elsewhere, these posts always become about digs at other fans.

You don't need the approval of this board to take action.

Let us know how it goes.

Who do you mean by 'us'? The apathetic? The word 'us' only serves to highlight the real problem with our fanbase, which in my view is partly why we've sleep walked our way to League One. Now I see posts ridiculing those who are behind PL and embracing League One from the same posters who staunchly reject any notion of voicing discontent when it's mooted on here - we know who they are. Apathy toward the owner. Apathy towards McCarthy. And apathy toward Hurst has caused this. We had the power to promote change far earlier than we did but we sat back as a group and did nothing.

I'm actually looking forward to League One, kitsch grounds in forgotten parts of the country I've never been. We're there because we as a club and a fan base deserve to be in my view.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 13:20 - Apr 13 with 2421 viewspointofblue

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 12:57 - Apr 13 by Keaneish

Who do you mean by 'us'? The apathetic? The word 'us' only serves to highlight the real problem with our fanbase, which in my view is partly why we've sleep walked our way to League One. Now I see posts ridiculing those who are behind PL and embracing League One from the same posters who staunchly reject any notion of voicing discontent when it's mooted on here - we know who they are. Apathy toward the owner. Apathy towards McCarthy. And apathy toward Hurst has caused this. We had the power to promote change far earlier than we did but we sat back as a group and did nothing.

I'm actually looking forward to League One, kitsch grounds in forgotten parts of the country I've never been. We're there because we as a club and a fan base deserve to be in my view.

If the noisier side of the fanbase had been apathetic towards Mick he'd still be here; perhaps similar with Magilton though I think Evans was losing patience with him too.

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 13:23 - Apr 13 with 2409 viewspointofblue

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:56 - Apr 13 by catch74

I kind of agree but who would we have got?
MM stated he couldn’t have got anyone better (Lambert also saying if you pick up players in Jan, there’s a reason they’re available/ takes time to get them up to speed), then look at the players we picked up in the transfer window after that.
Maybe if we could have picked up Judge then ....

It depended on how much Evans was willing to release - if it was enough we would have been able to prise first teamers from other sides in the division who would have already been in form and match fit. But, as I said, it would have been a massive risk financially which may have bit us hard had the approach failed.

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 13:36 - Apr 13 with 2389 viewsChurchman75

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:10 - Apr 13 by Pendejo

Did you win the Euro lottery last night?

Do you have a net worth of over £100m?

If the answer to the above is yes please feel free to make ME an offer.

As far as I can see he's tried to run the club within FFP guidelines, i.e. sensibly, in a world where super rich egotists parachute in and spend squillions; the good "Vichai " , the bad "Sisu" and the ugly Shahid Khan [no real reason hate facial hair]

What I would say is that whoever is advising him is the panto villain!

If I had the money I absolutely would

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 13:53 - Apr 13 with 2378 viewsChurchman75

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:24 - Apr 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am not sure where he ranks in terms of the UK rich list but he isn't all that high in terms of worth within the Championship.

At the end of the day, we don't have much other option unless you can find a consortium that will buy him out. He has made many poor choices but I am sure he wants the club to succeed as much as we do. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem capable of putting things right.

ME is the sixth richest owner in the championship (800m)
Delia Smith is 19th (30m)

If I had assets worth that and being the dedicated fan I am, I’d sell some off to support my dream, - especially in my mid to late 50’s

The bloke is scum

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 14:16 - Apr 13 with 2364 viewshowdonblue

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 13:53 - Apr 13 by Churchman75

If I had assets worth that and being the dedicated fan I am, I’d sell some off to support my dream, - especially in my mid to late 50’s

The bloke is scum

He has a certain level of investment that he is willing to put in each season and that’s it I’m afraid.

I think some of what Simon Jordan said is true that we need an owner with more passion .

Any owner that takes nearly 10 years to do his first face to face interview for the fans definitely doesn’t have the passion needed
EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 14:39 - Apr 13 with 2332 viewsjeera

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 12:57 - Apr 13 by Keaneish

Us = the world in general.

Behind PL and embracing L1? Those do not need to go hand in hand you know.

This is the trouble, right there. Lack of balance and anyone who tries to use reason gets shouted down and called daft names:

Don't want Evans to burn in Hell? Happy Clapper

Don't hate McC? Mick luvver.

And you're looking forward to L1 whilst accusing others of being apathetic. I see.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 14:51 - Apr 13 with 2318 viewsOxford_Blue

Simmer down
EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 14:53 - Apr 13 with 2315 viewsTexaco73

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 11:54 - Apr 13 by Ftnfwest

I always took his comments to mean within reason of course but throughout his tenure there was never any mention of limits on funds it was just implied. Where Evans has failed is his amateurish approach to not only transfer deals but most other off and on field areas. It's not simply a case of not chucking enough money in.

Nailed it.

Evans is responsible for us being in L1 next season.

Not because he didn't invest enough monetarily, but because he failed to manage this business properly.
How about shutting up about it and actually doing it? on 14:58 - Apr 13 with 2319 viewsScottCandage

There's that. The Evans Out constant crap is boring, even when you're right. It's often the most convinced of the righteousness of their cause that makes them tremendous bores.

As my grandfather would say, "Don't tell me what you're going to do - tell me what you did."
EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 15:43 - Apr 13 with 2272 viewsNthsuffolkblue

EVANS DEMONSTRATIONS MUST START on 13:53 - Apr 13 by Churchman75

The bloke is scum

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efl-richest-owners- This list (whoever compiled it from whatever information) puts him 6th but he is also behind 2 owners whose clubs are not exactly walking the league below too. On top of that, how many other clubs are receiving parachute money and how much?

I think you will find several of those other clubs have other investors than the one listed as owner in that list. Additionally, how much of his worth is easily liquidated to enable investment into the football club and at what loss? Value is not the same as having £800M in the bank.

Since you have mentioned Delia (does she still own them lot? Are there not other investors there too?), I think they received considerable transfer fees in the past year or two for a number of players and that helps fund them.

Whatever you think of ME it is difficult to see how you come to the conclusion he is "scum".

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024