Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" 18:21 - Apr 24 with 11294 viewsDublinBlue84

He just can't help himself can he.
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0424/1045437-i-hope-fans-who-hounded-me-out

Not bitter, not at all....
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 18:21]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 18:44 - Apr 24 with 2243 viewsSitfcB

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 18:42 - Apr 24 by tiptreeblue

Of course results matter, but also the style matters as well, sorry but there was no entertainment at all while he was manager

AT ALL?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 18:45 - Apr 24 with 2241 viewsvapour_trail

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 18:29 - Apr 24 by Trequartista

What a nasty piece of work.

I do like a Mick interview. It's always the people you want to see annoyed, who end up annoyed.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

(No subject) on 18:48 - Apr 24 with 2218 viewstiptreeblue

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 18:44 - Apr 24 by SitfcB

AT ALL?

ooohh capitals, there was very little entertainment when he was manager, granted, one or two games, but that isn`t enough i`m afraid, even when we played Rotherham at home the season before last, it took an injury time goal to equalise against them, that was the only point they got away from home all season, but we were still set up not to lose. if you want to call that entertainment then please feel free. I WON`T
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 18:49]
(No subject) on 18:50 - Apr 24 with 2204 viewsLankHenners

(No subject) on 18:48 - Apr 24 by tiptreeblue

ooohh capitals, there was very little entertainment when he was manager, granted, one or two games, but that isn`t enough i`m afraid, even when we played Rotherham at home the season before last, it took an injury time goal to equalise against them, that was the only point they got away from home all season, but we were still set up not to lose. if you want to call that entertainment then please feel free. I WON`T

Yeah it sucked when we were beating teams most weeks, scoring lots of goals on our way to a top 6 finish.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

(No subject) on 18:55 - Apr 24 with 2177 viewsEly_Blue

(No subject) on 18:50 - Apr 24 by LankHenners

Yeah it sucked when we were beating teams most weeks, scoring lots of goals on our way to a top 6 finish.

Yeah and look at how McCarthy built on that for the following 3 seasons and made us more entertaining and took us on to greater things ....... oh wait he took us backwards from that point onwards, most managers at other clubs would have been lucky to have survived what followed in the next 2-3 years anyway

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

(No subject) on 18:57 - Apr 24 with 2167 viewstiptreeblue

(No subject) on 18:50 - Apr 24 by LankHenners

We also nearly gave up our season tickets that season because of the style we played, because i thought that he would change the style and play more attractive football the next season we renewed, between us we went to four games after the Christmas break as it was so boring, i believe we finished 7th that season
(No subject) on 18:58 - Apr 24 with 2156 viewsDanTheMan

(No subject) on 18:55 - Apr 24 by Ely_Blue

Yeah and look at how McCarthy built on that for the following 3 seasons and made us more entertaining and took us on to greater things ....... oh wait he took us backwards from that point onwards, most managers at other clubs would have been lucky to have survived what followed in the next 2-3 years anyway

Other clubs might give the manager some resources to work with.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

(No subject) on 18:58 - Apr 24 with 2157 viewsSpruceMoose

Bahahaha good ole Mick. This'll upset a few crayon eaters. Meanwhile, it'll just make us sensible types chuckle.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 19:01]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) on 19:01 - Apr 24 with 2132 viewsSpruceMoose

(No subject) on 18:48 - Apr 24 by tiptreeblue

Yeah. Whereas we have all found getting relegated hugely entertaining.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

(No subject) on 19:03 - Apr 24 with 2118 viewsfooters

(No subject) on 19:01 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

Yeah. Whereas we have all found getting relegated hugely entertaining.

It's been pretty much straight down as well, hasn't it?

How many weeks were we not bottom?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

(No subject) on 19:04 - Apr 24 with 2114 viewsEly_Blue

(No subject) on 18:58 - Apr 24 by DanTheMan

Other clubs might give the manager some resources to work with.

And remind me how much Hurst spunked last summer? I’m sure wheeler dealer MM could have negotiated the same but when he came out with comments like “they’d have to be better than I already have” when we all knew better players were available is a joke

(No subject) on 19:07 - Apr 24 with 2099 viewsDanTheMan

(No subject) on 19:04 - Apr 24 by Ely_Blue

And remind me how much Hurst spunked last summer? I’m sure wheeler dealer MM could have negotiated the same but when he came out with comments like “they’d have to be better than I already have” when we all knew better players were available is a joke

You mean after selling Waghorn for 7million? Yes, after we sold a key player for a lot of money, with a bunch of other players leaving, we did indeed have more money.

*Checks table*

You know, maybe he was right about the players being better than what we had.

(No subject) on 19:08 - Apr 24 with 2087 viewsEly_Blue

(No subject) on 19:07 - Apr 24 by DanTheMan

You mean after selling Waghorn for 7million? Yes, after we sold a key player for a lot of money, with a bunch of other players leaving, we did indeed have more money.

*Checks table*

You know, maybe he was right about the players being better than what we had.

And how much did we sell Mings for when MM was manager? I didn’t see him splashing the cash after that......... next excuse

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 19:09 - Apr 24 with 2097 viewsitfcjoe

Mick demonstrating why his job became untenable here, because he could never rise above the numbskulls and would continue to give easy quotes and headlines which would alienate and frustrate the vast majority of the fan base.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 19:11 - Apr 24 with 2076 viewsMrTown

Football is balancing act between results and entertainment. The best managers in the world get them both.

Mick is at one end of the scale, Lambert is at the other.

Where you sit in terms of preferences is entirely up to each fan.

Mick was ok, football was poor, match days were boring, but he had some good periods at Town, only an imbecile would think MM could have stayed though.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 19:11 - Apr 24 with 2071 viewsTrequartista

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 18:41 - Apr 24 by LankHenners

What’s everyone’s favourite type of equivalence? Mine’s ‘false’.

If you read it carefully I am pointing out a false equivalence and using another one to illustrate the absurdity.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 19:12 - Apr 24 with 2066 viewsSpruceMoose

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 19:09 - Apr 24 by itfcjoe

Mick demonstrating why his job became untenable here, because he could never rise above the numbskulls and would continue to give easy quotes and headlines which would alienate and frustrate the vast majority of the fan base.

To be fair, it must wear a man down. Having to spend every single day massaging the egos of a few slack jawed nincompoops who blow up and overreact about every little thing they don't like doesn't sound much fun

No wonder he gave up in the end.

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 19:12 - Apr 24 with 2064 viewsLankHenners

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 19:09 - Apr 24 by itfcjoe

He’s answering a question that’s been put to him. What’s he supposed to say - “sorry I’m not answering that because some divs on a messageboard might get upset”?

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 19:12 - Apr 24 with 2062 viewsDarth_Koont

He's right.

""I'm sad that they've gone down. Some of the lads are taking huge cuts in wages who were with me and who were brilliant for me. The staff, I've no doubt people will be losing their jobs because of it so that's going to be sad. It's a great club and pretty much most of their fans were brilliant with me."

The numbskullery was a stain on our reputation and the exact opposite of what Blue Action have achieved this season. Obviously the paedo chant but the Norwich singing, the booing of subs and the jeering of players some of them youngsters like Nydam made the atmosphere a lot worse than it needed to be. Especially given we've had a whole season to appreciate what was being taken for granted before.

Pronouns: He/Him

(No subject) on 19:13 - Apr 24 with 2049 viewsDanTheMan

(No subject) on 19:08 - Apr 24 by Ely_Blue

And how much did we sell Mings for when MM was manager? I didn’t see him splashing the cash after that......... next excuse

He did. On wages. Knudsen, Oar, Pitman.

And we got Fraser and Maitland-Niles on loan who could not have been cheap.

Whichever way you slice this we never looked like going down under him, and now we're rooted at the bottom of the table. Some people almost seem happy that we're going down like it's a fooking adventure.

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 19:14 - Apr 24 with 2044 viewsLankHenners

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 19:11 - Apr 24 by Trequartista

If you read it carefully I am pointing out a false equivalence and using another one to illustrate the absurdity.

Ok, it’s pretty clear you’re not sure what about 4 of those words mean.

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 19:14 - Apr 24 with 2037 viewsLord_Lucan

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 18:28 - Apr 24 by GlasgowBlue

He's aiming those comments at a certain section of our support who didn't even have the decency to let the man see out the last few games of the season after he had agreed to leave.

He says in your link "I'm sad that they've gone down. Some of the lads are taking huge cuts in wages who were with me and who were brilliant for me. The staff, I've no doubt people will be losing their jobs because of it so that's going to be sad. It's a great club and pretty much most of their fans were brilliant with me.

"The ones that hounded me out... I hope they enjoy watching the sexy football in [League One]."

So the only people who should be offended are the numskulls who hounded him out. If you aren't one of them then there is nothing to take offence at.

You realise that when he said those bits he doesn't mean it in the slightests. Mr thick skinned Plastic Pad is extremely thin skinned.

He should just shut up and leave us to it - like he should have done three years ago.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 19:15 - Apr 24 with 2028 viewsTrequartista

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 19:11 - Apr 24 by MrTown

Football is balancing act between results and entertainment. The best managers in the world get them both.

Mick is at one end of the scale, Lambert is at the other.

Where you sit in terms of preferences is entirely up to each fan.

Mick was ok, football was poor, match days were boring, but he had some good periods at Town, only an imbecile would think MM could have stayed though.

No-one really cares about entertainment if you are in the top 6. It's just that Mick ended up with neither results nor entertainment.

Similarly no-one *should* care about entertainment if we are in the bottom 3. I can only think we are pretending the football is entertaining now because there is nothing else left to cling to

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 19:15 - Apr 24 with 2028 viewsitfcjoe

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 19:12 - Apr 24 by LankHenners

He’s answering a question that’s been put to him. What’s he supposed to say - “sorry I’m not answering that because some divs on a messageboard might get upset”?

Why even mention the numbskulls? Why not just give the rest of the quote as noted by DK?

It was the same when he was here last year, he could never let it lie - Evans should have reigned him in much earlier and we wouldn't be in League 1 now.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 19:15 - Apr 24 with 2023 viewsSpruceMoose

"I hope fans who hounded me out enjoy the sexy football in League One" on 19:14 - Apr 24 by Lord_Lucan

You realise that when he said those bits he doesn't mean it in the slightests. Mr thick skinned Plastic Pad is extremely thin skinned.

He should just shut up and leave us to it - like he should have done three years ago.

How do you know he doesn't mean it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024