Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RB candidates 19:53 - May 19 with 4263 viewstitanicclown

Been having a look through some RBs out of contract in June. Clearly we need a reliable one ready for the start of the season. Ive no inside info just bored and been having a look!

Alan Hutton - Villa. Age 34. Maybe Lambert could talk him into it. Probably wishful thinking!

Conor Mclaughlin - Millwall. Age 27 decent league 1 experience.

John Brayford - Burton. Ex Shef Utd. Age 31 but had a very good season apparently.

Paul Caddis - Bradford. Age 31 Birmingham ledge. Bags of experience and a good crosser from what I can remember.

Nathan Thompson - Portsmouth. Age 28. Tough tackler Portsmouth will probably want to keep him.

Jack Grimmer - Coventry. Age 25. Aberdeen's youngest ever player before Fulham bought him. Good going forward and Coventry fans love him.

Wildcard: Gregory van der Wiel. Dutch age 27. Ex Ajax and PSG released by Toronto in MLS because of a row with the manager. Wages?

Personally like the look of Grimmer.

Anyone scouted any others?
RB candidates on 20:01 - May 19 with 4205 viewspositivity

i like the look of the lad who was on loan at rotherham last year, and shrewsbury this.

masses of experience at this level, knows how to get promoted out of the league, potential and no transfer fee.

josh emmanuel, i think, was his name!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

RB candidates on 20:03 - May 19 with 4185 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Grimmer should be a championship player.

Would be very pleased if we got him.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

RB candidates on 20:25 - May 19 with 4102 viewstitanicclown

RB candidates on 20:01 - May 19 by positivity

i like the look of the lad who was on loan at rotherham last year, and shrewsbury this.

masses of experience at this level, knows how to get promoted out of the league, potential and no transfer fee.

josh emmanuel, i think, was his name!

Just lacking that nasty streak most pro players have. Met him once and hes the nicest footballer Ive ever met!

McCarthy and Lambert are two fairly reliable judges but fingers crossed. Got my doubts.
RB candidates on 21:20 - May 19 with 3949 viewsSimonds92

Any chance we could get Bree back on loan? Started solid enough and continued to improve towards the end of the season.
RB candidates on 21:27 - May 19 with 3927 viewsMrTown

RB candidates on 21:20 - May 19 by Simonds92

Any chance we could get Bree back on loan? Started solid enough and continued to improve towards the end of the season.

Wouldn’t have realistically thought so, wages a too high for League 1. Think Lambert will be looking at a permanent fixture to compete with Emmanuel.

Also need to be looking at left-backs.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

RB candidates on 21:28 - May 19 with 3922 viewsMrTown

RB candidates on 20:25 - May 19 by titanicclown

Just lacking that nasty streak most pro players have. Met him once and hes the nicest footballer Ive ever met!

McCarthy and Lambert are two fairly reliable judges but fingers crossed. Got my doubts.

Apparently a lovely young man, big believer in God, crazy fun fact I know, bares no relevance to his footballing ability I know.

Still have my suspensions likewise, questions of his technical ability, has the physical stature to play no problem.

RB candidates on 21:29 - May 19 with 3918 viewsMrTown

Jack Grimmer possibly, none of the others though.

RB candidates on 21:44 - May 19 with 3875 viewsSuperblue95

Gregory van der Wiel

A strong early contender for the most unrealistic signing suggestion of the summer

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

RB candidates on 22:36 - May 19 with 3744 viewstitanicclown

RB candidates on 21:28 - May 19 by MrTown

Apparently a lovely young man, big believer in God, crazy fun fact I know, bares no relevance to his footballing ability I know.

Still have my suspensions likewise, questions of his technical ability, has the physical stature to play no problem.

Yes, hes certainly got the love of Jesus big time!
Not sure hes got it in him to do the nasty side of the game but lets hope he becomes a born again nutter!
RB candidates on 23:00 - May 19 with 3688 viewsbournemouthblue

I'm liking the diversity of the candidates

I'd prefer players not in their 30's but experienced players can be useful if used correctly both on and off the field

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

RB candidates on 01:04 - May 20 with 3594 viewsBonchosBicycle

I believe Janoi Donacien is available and has generally looked decent in most of the games I've seen him play.
RB candidates on 08:17 - May 20 with 3363 viewsBlueBadger

RB candidates on 01:04 - May 20 by BonchosBicycle

I believe Janoi Donacien is available and has generally looked decent in most of the games I've seen him play.

Ah, someone who's seen fewer games than me this season.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

RB candidates on 09:50 - May 20 with 3242 viewsHeathlander

Thanks for posting this. Interesting to see who's about.
RB candidates on 10:14 - May 20 with 3199 viewsTIB

We were linked with Thompson a season or so back when he was at Swindon...so can't think he's been at Pompey long?

With Emmanuel in mix I'd like to think we're looking at someone who's not on there last legs but has plentiful experience for Josh to learn from...the likes of McLaughlin or maybe Brayford. Grimmer doesn't look to have played that much for Coventry...11 games from what I can see!?!

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

RB candidates on 10:20 - May 20 with 3185 viewsLeoMuff

RB candidates on 21:29 - May 19 by MrTown

Jack Grimmer possibly, none of the others though.

Being released by Coventry doesn’t bode well...

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

RB candidates on 10:23 - May 20 with 3179 viewsvilanovablue

RB candidates on 10:14 - May 20 by TIB

We were linked with Thompson a season or so back when he was at Swindon...so can't think he's been at Pompey long?

With Emmanuel in mix I'd like to think we're looking at someone who's not on there last legs but has plentiful experience for Josh to learn from...the likes of McLaughlin or maybe Brayford. Grimmer doesn't look to have played that much for Coventry...11 games from what I can see!?!

A Porstmouth season ticket holder I work with rates Nathan Thompson and has already said that he expects him to leave although thinks he may end up in the lower end of the Championship.
RB candidates on 11:04 - May 20 with 3103 viewsRealSlimShady

RB candidates on 10:23 - May 20 by vilanovablue

A Porstmouth season ticket holder I work with rates Nathan Thompson and has already said that he expects him to leave although thinks he may end up in the lower end of the Championship.

I would throw Callum Brittain's name in to the hat. 21 year old RB for MK Dons. 5 caps for the England under 20s. I have seen him live on a few occasions this season and he did very well in all of them games, can defend and also gets forward well with a decent cross.

Sadly is under contract until next summer so would cost money but if we was available for a decent figure I would look at him.
RB candidates on 13:16 - May 20 with 3020 viewsWhitewolf

I reckon it'd be worth taking a punt on Tom James from Yeovil, seemed to shine in a poor side with 6 goals. I recall he had practically signed with Bolton a season or two ago, but fell through due to a failed medical. He's only 23, so still improving, I just think he'd be quality at this level.
RB candidates on 13:22 - May 20 with 2990 viewscatch74

RB candidates on 10:14 - May 20 by TIB

Were we linked with Caddis too a bit further back than that? Maybe at the start of the MM era.
Scored 15 goals for Birmingham - although that was over 3/4 seasons!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

RB candidates on 13:23 - May 20 with 2989 viewsTractorCam

I like both Emmanuel and Donacien, but reckon we will sign another right back.

Grimmer and McLaughlin would be decent from that list, the others no.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

RB candidates on 13:42 - May 20 with 2952 viewsLuk38644

Greg VDV is 31 btw, but I would imagine he's well out of our wage budget!
RB candidates on 13:47 - May 20 with 2938 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

RB candidates on 10:20 - May 20 by LeoMuff

Being released by Coventry doesn’t bode well...

It does if you understand why players like this are out of contract.

Example - Jack Grimmer is on £3k a week. Coventry offer to increase his wage to £4k because he's one of their best players.

Jack Grimmer knows he is wanted by Brentford, Blackburn, Portsmouth and Ipswich, all willing to pay him £6k a week. Some may have even sounded his agent out so that he doesn't sign a new deal.

Jack Grimmer decides he won't sign a new deal with Coventry and will move to a bigger club or a higher level for a bigger wage and probably get a little bit more on top as well by way of a signing fee as the club have saved themselves paying £750,000 to sign him.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 14:02]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

RB candidates on 14:01 - May 20 with 2905 viewstitanicclown

RB candidates on 13:22 - May 20 by catch74

Were we linked with Caddis too a bit further back than that? Maybe at the start of the MM era.
Scored 15 goals for Birmingham - although that was over 3/4 seasons!

I used to like Caddis at Birmingham. Always thought he was the type of 'proper' RB we needed.
Getting on a bit but Im sure he could still do a decent job.
RB candidates on 13:00 - May 21 with 2695 viewsBrettenhamBlue

RB candidates on 13:23 - May 20 by TractorCam

I like both Emmanuel and Donacien, but reckon we will sign another right back.

Grimmer and McLaughlin would be decent from that list, the others no.

We have Crowe and Cotter both pushing for RB too.
LB we are very, very weak.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

RB candidates on 13:14 - May 21 with 2662 viewsTIB

RB candidates on 13:47 - May 20 by WarkTheWarkITFC

It does if you understand why players like this are out of contract.

Example - Jack Grimmer is on £3k a week. Coventry offer to increase his wage to £4k because he's one of their best players.

Jack Grimmer knows he is wanted by Brentford, Blackburn, Portsmouth and Ipswich, all willing to pay him £6k a week. Some may have even sounded his agent out so that he doesn't sign a new deal.

Jack Grimmer decides he won't sign a new deal with Coventry and will move to a bigger club or a higher level for a bigger wage and probably get a little bit more on top as well by way of a signing fee as the club have saved themselves paying £750,000 to sign him.
[Post edited 20 May 2019 14:02]

I get your concept...but Grimmer has only played 13 times this season...well and truly fallen out of favour at Coventry, not sure why though!?!

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024