Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Posh are going for it! 11:46 - Jun 1 with 4577 viewsTractorBoy

I think that’s a pretty good signing for League 1 and they’ve been quick with getting players in.

Hope we don’t get left behind. Still early, mind. COYB
[Post edited 1 Jun 2019 11:47]
Posh are going for it! on 11:58 - Jun 1 with 3745 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest we have been left behind. Quite the opposite.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Posh are going for it! on 12:00 - Jun 1 with 3742 viewswkj

Not trying to refute the guy's ability, but he doesn't have much to suggest he is a good or bad signing for League 1. Bulk of his game history is below league 1, that said, doesn't make him a bad signing.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Posh are going for it! on 12:01 - Jun 1 with 3724 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Posh are going for it! on 12:00 - Jun 1 by wkj

Not trying to refute the guy's ability, but he doesn't have much to suggest he is a good or bad signing for League 1. Bulk of his game history is below league 1, that said, doesn't make him a bad signing.

Indeed.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Posh are going for it! on 12:02 - Jun 1 with 3708 viewsActionMan

I wouldn't take him over say Will Keane singing for us at this level. I do see P'Boro as one of the competitors next season though, it depends if we get our house in order and how well the new players gel with the existing ones.
Posh are going for it! on 12:05 - Jun 1 with 3689 viewswkj

Posh are going for it! on 12:02 - Jun 1 by ActionMan

I wouldn't take him over say Will Keane singing for us at this level. I do see P'Boro as one of the competitors next season though, it depends if we get our house in order and how well the new players gel with the existing ones.

Asuming Norwood is a done deal, which all credible fingers point towards being true, we need to get our back line in order asap. Not trying to slag of any players in particular, but that back line last year did not belong on the same pitch as the other players at times (im reminded of the game Freddy slung us a life line twice and the back line pissed it away almost instantly)

Once we look to have a solid defence, I will feel comfortable about our chances.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Posh are going for it! on 12:05 - Jun 1 with 3685 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Also there's no evidence this guy is better than Norwood... if we get him.

...Norwood would represent a far better deal.

Posh are going for it! on 12:07 - Jun 1 with 3671 viewsActionMan

Posh are going for it! on 12:05 - Jun 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

Norwood isn't proven at this level either, I am not against the signing but i'd like us to also sign Will Keane who should be above and beyond most of this level to play with him and a hopefully fit Sears.
Posh are going for it! on 12:10 - Jun 1 with 3625 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Posh are going for it! on 12:07 - Jun 1 by ActionMan

Norwood isn't proven at this level either, I am not against the signing but i'd like us to also sign Will Keane who should be above and beyond most of this level to play with him and a hopefully fit Sears.

I no way did I suggest Norwood was proven, I just suggested his signing would represent a better deal than Eis.... As his record compares and he is free.

Keane is a good player but he is unproven.... In terms of he hasn't proven he can string a decent amount of games together.

Login to get fewer ads

Posh are going for it! on 12:16 - Jun 1 with 3582 viewsSuperblue95

Posh are going for it! on 12:00 - Jun 1 by wkj

Aye, although Peterborough have an outstanding record at signing quality strikers

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Posh are going for it! on 12:20 - Jun 1 with 3547 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Posh are going for it! on 12:16 - Jun 1 by Superblue95

Aye, although Peterborough have an outstanding record at signing quality strikers

Indeed.

They tried very hard to sign Kayden Jackson last summer!!

Posh are going for it! on 13:25 - Jun 1 with 3269 viewsBigManBlue

Posh are going for it! on 12:05 - Jun 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agree that Norwood is the better deal in our situation, but I think Eisa could be a good signing too - I remember at the height of my own Hurst-fever thinking that he was someone we should be looking at to make the step up.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Posh are going for it! on 13:40 - Jun 1 with 3173 viewsBlueBadger

I have no idea what his voice is like but I reckon someone that's likely to stay fit is a better signing than Keane.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2019 13:41]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Posh are going for it! on 14:33 - Jun 1 with 2963 viewsFtnfwest

So the record fee paid by Peterborough for a player is...undisclosed. How are they going to beat that the?
Posh are going for it! on 14:43 - Jun 1 with 2914 viewsBlueBadger

And also, Paul Taylor.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Posh are going for it! on 15:19 - Jun 1 with 2774 viewsMrTown

There owner said yesterday around 8 signings is what can be expected, doing some very good business by all accounts so far.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Posh are going for it! on 15:44 - Jun 1 with 2693 viewsDarth_Koont

Posh are going for it! on 12:05 - Jun 1 by wkj

Asuming Norwood is a done deal, which all credible fingers point towards being true, we need to get our back line in order asap. Not trying to slag of any players in particular, but that back line last year did not belong on the same pitch as the other players at times (im reminded of the game Freddy slung us a life line twice and the back line pissed it away almost instantly)

Once we look to have a solid defence, I will feel comfortable about our chances.

Yep, defence was every bit as poor as our attack last season. And the attack at least had the excuse of a lack of service, whereas the back 4 and keeper just seemed unable to deal with defending.

Pronouns: He/Him

Posh are going for it! on 15:58 - Jun 1 with 2635 viewsBlueBadger

Posh are going for it! on 15:19 - Jun 1 by MrTown

There owner said yesterday around 8 signings is what can be expected, doing some very good business by all accounts so far.

And as we all know, signing lots and lots of lower-division players all a once is surefire plan for success.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2019 16:41]

Posh are going for it! on 16:06 - Jun 1 with 2605 viewsMrTown

Posh are going for it! on 15:58 - Jun 1 by BlueBadger

And as we all know, signing lots and lots of lower-division players all a once is surefire plan for success.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2019 16:41]

Incomparable argument, too many reasons to even go into.

Posh are going for it! on 16:23 - Jun 1 with 2536 viewsMullet

Do they? Aren't they essentially living off taking a punt on Dwight Gayle? Even then he's pretty much a second tier striker in terms of being really in form.

Assombalonga is arguably their best talent, he probably can't stay fit enough to be up there. Marriott is possibly at his peak if there's any truth in his issues. Aren't they really good at overselling their strikers to desperate clubs who need a goalscorer and then they end up as solid Championship players anyway?

McLean and Taylor were toot. Tomlin is essentially a b-movie Le Tissier on his day.

Posh haven't got very far off of it, just kept themselves ticking over and their debts down. Or am I being harsh? There's nothing wrong with that by the by, but they've never managed to progress into a top Div 3 club let alone a Champ one.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Posh are going for it! on 16:36 - Jun 1 with 2477 viewsBlueBadger

Posh are going for it! on 16:06 - Jun 1 by MrTown

Incomparable argument, too many reasons to even go into.

Give me two.

Posh are going for it! on 16:38 - Jun 1 with 2475 viewsMrTown

Posh are going for it! on 16:23 - Jun 1 by Mullet

Do they? Aren't they essentially living off taking a punt on Dwight Gayle? Even then he's pretty much a second tier striker in terms of being really in form.

Assombalonga is arguably their best talent, he probably can't stay fit enough to be up there. Marriott is possibly at his peak if there's any truth in his issues. Aren't they really good at overselling their strikers to desperate clubs who need a goalscorer and then they end up as solid Championship players anyway?

McLean and Taylor were toot. Tomlin is essentially a b-movie Le Tissier on his day.

Posh haven't got very far off of it, just kept themselves ticking over and their debts down. Or am I being harsh? There's nothing wrong with that by the by, but they've never managed to progress into a top Div 3 club let alone a Champ one.

They’ve always been decent enough at finding talent at their level, and seemingly moving them on for a decent profit.

Gayle
Assombolonga
Washington
Marriott
Maddison
McLean
Mackail-Smith

Even someone like Toney who has scored 23 goals and 8 assists this season, they could fetch good good money for him now.

Never world beaters, but they are v good at what they do in context.

Posh are going for it! on 16:42 - Jun 1 with 2457 viewsjas0999

The sort of level of investment needed in even a League One!
Posh are going for it! on 16:43 - Jun 1 with 2448 viewsMullet

Posh are going for it! on 16:38 - Jun 1 by MrTown

They’ve always been decent enough at finding talent at their level, and seemingly moving them on for a decent profit.

Gayle
Assombolonga
Washington
Marriott
Maddison
McLean
Mackail-Smith

Even someone like Toney who has scored 23 goals and 8 assists this season, they could fetch good good money for him now.

Never world beaters, but they are v good at what they do in context.

Fetching money I'm not disputing, as I said, but talent? Toney was a cast off from Newcastle who has done well on loan etc. But as of yet, who have they developed or spotted that's gone to anywhere near the top?

Washington is looking like he's back to the third tier after a patchy spell at QPR, Maddison is still there and they're the highest level he's played at. CMS had a purple patch granted at Brighton but again, I'm not seeing anything other than reverse Redknapping here at best.

Like I say, that's fine, but I feel this rep of theirs is a bit like 90's Liverpool's.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Posh are going for it! on 16:47 - Jun 1 with 2422 viewsSuperblue95

Posh are going for it! on 16:23 - Jun 1 by Mullet

They are still renowned for signing attackers on the cheap and flogging them off for big money. You’ve mentioned a few of them and there’s the likes of Boyd, Mackail Smith and Washington too. (I’m sure there was another neither of us mentioned but can’t think who). Might not be world beaters but I’d trust them as a club to generally know a decent striker when they see one.

I’d say you’re being a bit harsh. They’ve had a couple of spells in the championship in the past 10 or so years and are generally there or thereabouts in League One. Before that they were predominantly 4th tier strugglers so for a club of their size I’d say they’ve come a fair way

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Posh are going for it! on 16:57 - Jun 1 with 2368 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Posh are going for it! on 16:42 - Jun 1 by jas0999

The sort of level of investment needed in even a League One!

We already have a more expensive striker than that.... One the posh were desperate to sign last season.

A big transfer fee does not mean a good signing. Norwood on a free is as good, if not better, as a signing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024