Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bands considered good/great that you never really got into 17:01 - Jun 6 with 13358 viewsIllinoisblue

The Clash

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 19:30 - Jun 6 with 3653 viewsgtsb

Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 17:46 - Jun 6 by Mullet

The Beatles.

A back catalogue pitted with a few diamonds amongst whole heaps of dogsh1t. From the twee manufactured boy band era of 64 right through to the pretentious post hippy art students who never grew up nonsense.

Harrison was the one who deserves the plaudits far more in my opinion.

Had they not had such cultural success and been a goldmine for the first wave of teen culture to really get established, they'd be a footnote in musical history with many of their peers. But the combination of music, film and endorsements really set the mould for so many of today's throwaway pop monoliths like Take That et al.

This
Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 20:24 - Jun 6 with 3616 viewsBluesky

Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 17:03 - Jun 6 by tazdac

U2, I just don’t see the hype.

ME2
Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 20:46 - Jun 6 with 3591 viewsjontysnut

INXS
Lenny Kravitz
Iggy Pop
Velvet Underground
New York Dolls
Patti Smith
Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 21:09 - Jun 6 with 3571 viewsMelford

Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 18:33 - Jun 6 by wkj

You floppy armed fig, get off this thread

One of my favourite bands of all time. ***king love J Spaceman. His songs and lyrics hit a very large spot when I was doing a lot of drugs and now the same about getting off those things that make you feel this way all the time.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 22:55 - Jun 6 with 3523 viewsFunge

Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 17:27 - Jun 6 by chicoazul

Are the Clash considered great? Dunno mane.
Early U2 is the tits but everything they have done since the 90s is pretty bad.
you know who I can't stand but loads of people love? The Pixies.

Chico, you are one of my favourite things about this site, but for crying out loud.

PIxies are the best band of all time.
Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 07:47 - Jun 7 with 3484 viewsIPS_wich

Given my music taste is almost exclusively guitar based stuff from 80s/90s/00s (Cure, Smiths, Pixies, early Radiohead, REM, Chameleons, Stone Roses, Interpol, Killers, Idlewild) then I'm not going to rattle of all of the pop music I can't stand mentioned here (e.g. Wham, Simply Red), so will focus on the bands that on face value I should like, but just never got into:

- Oasis
- Pulp
- The Strokes
- Libertines
- Arctic Monkeys
Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 07:58 - Jun 7 with 3476 viewsGeoffSentence

Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 17:46 - Jun 6 by Mullet

The Beatles.

A back catalogue pitted with a few diamonds amongst whole heaps of dogsh1t. From the twee manufactured boy band era of 64 right through to the pretentious post hippy art students who never grew up nonsense.

Harrison was the one who deserves the plaudits far more in my opinion.

Had they not had such cultural success and been a goldmine for the first wave of teen culture to really get established, they'd be a footnote in musical history with many of their peers. But the combination of music, film and endorsements really set the mould for so many of today's throwaway pop monoliths like Take That et al.

I was wondering how long it would be before someone got the right answer. Glad it was on the first page.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 08:21 - Jun 7 with 3469 viewsWeWereZombies

Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 20:46 - Jun 6 by jontysnut

INXS
Lenny Kravitz
Iggy Pop
Velvet Underground
New York Dolls
Patti Smith

Patti Smith!!!!!!!

Right. Outside. Now.

The above also applies to anyone who said The Doors.

And may I be the first to say

I have no conception of how anyone could like Hüsker Dü

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 14:37 - Jun 7 with 3424 viewshoppy

Sleaford Mods

Idles

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 14:46 - Jun 7 with 3415 viewsbrazil1982

Stone Roses, The Kinks.
Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 14:55 - Jun 9 with 3350 viewsWarkystache

The Sex Pistols
Coldplay - poor man's Radiohead
U2
Kings of Leon - one of my mates and his wife rave about them. Just don't like their music.
Kasabian
The Fall - every music journo I've ever read creams themselves about the late Mark E Smith. Why? Sounds like a pissed-up pub band.
The Mission - bloody Goth rubbish
Kraftwerk

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 14:57 - Jun 9 with 3349 viewsfooters

Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 14:55 - Jun 9 by Warkystache

The Sex Pistols
Coldplay - poor man's Radiohead
U2
Kings of Leon - one of my mates and his wife rave about them. Just don't like their music.
Kasabian
The Fall - every music journo I've ever read creams themselves about the late Mark E Smith. Why? Sounds like a pissed-up pub band.
The Mission - bloody Goth rubbish
Kraftwerk

The Fall?! And Kraftwerk?!

I feel violated, absolutely violated. Fck outta here...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 15:05 - Jun 9 with 3342 viewsNo9

Rolling stones
Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 15:08 - Jun 9 with 3340 viewsWarkystache

Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 14:57 - Jun 9 by footers

The Fall?! And Kraftwerk?!

I feel violated, absolutely violated. Fck outta here...

The Fall are one of those bands I reckon existed just because Paul Morley liked them. Their songs bring a whole new meaning to 'dirge'.

Kraftwerk - it's Herr Flick to a Roland 303.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 15:29 - Jun 9 with 3325 viewsfooters

Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 15:08 - Jun 9 by Warkystache

The Fall are one of those bands I reckon existed just because Paul Morley liked them. Their songs bring a whole new meaning to 'dirge'.

Kraftwerk - it's Herr Flick to a Roland 303.

I can only assume you were born without ears. My apologies.

But if you have eyes we can both agree the Madonna with the big boobies is a fine work of art indeed...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 16:32 - Jun 9 with 3296 viewssohamblue74

Oasis
Radiohead
Beatles
Stones
Bowie
Prince
Pink Floyd

Can't understand the fuss about any of those tbh!
Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 17:12 - Jun 9 with 3283 viewsblueislander

Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 16:32 - Jun 9 by sohamblue74

Oasis
Radiohead
Beatles
Stones
Bowie
Prince
Pink Floyd

Can't understand the fuss about any of those tbh!

Millions would disagree with you, but hey ho.
Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 20:32 - Jun 9 with 3238 viewsLofotBlue

Oasis - Bloated, pretentious. I admit some of their songs would be good, if they had lasted three minutes or less.
Genesis - I like bands like Jethro Tull, King Crimson and even Peter Gabriel solo. Now and again I try to listen to their classic albums "Selling England..." and "Lamb Lies...", but it's not for me.

Not liking The Clash and Pixies???
Bands considered good/great that you never really got into on 02:47 - Jun 10 with 3193 viewsArthur_Hayes

Flaming Lips.

In the words of Super Hans, “Bullshiitters turning w@nk into cash”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024