Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me? 19:51 - Jun 10 with 37933 viewsSpruceMoose

Or does anyone else find the thought of Boris Johnson being our PM, something we can never erase from our history books, utterly and thoroughly depressing?

I mean, ffs, what's the point of anything if that sh!tstain is our representative?

Britain's fall to complete laughing stock will be complete should this come to pass.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is it just me? on 14:07 - Jun 11 with 1450 viewsitfcjoe

Is it just me? on 12:21 - Jun 11 by SpruceMoose

I've literally never seen any evidence of that, so wouldn't mind you providing some that I could add to my 'reasons to not vote for Labour ' list.

It might just be what I see on Twitter and the rabbit holes I choose to go down and the middle class left wing privately educated university graduate Corbynistas seem to care less about the genuine working class in this country and that are being ignored whilst talk of Syria, Palestine and the like who I'm sure the people they are trying to get elected to represent couldn't really care less about when they are on zero hour contracts going to foodbanks and struggling from day to day.

Maybe I just don't know enough about foreign affairs, but those on our own doorstep need to be prioritsed in my view and they aren't being

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is it just me? on 14:11 - Jun 11 with 1431 viewsfooters

Is it just me? on 14:07 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

It might just be what I see on Twitter and the rabbit holes I choose to go down and the middle class left wing privately educated university graduate Corbynistas seem to care less about the genuine working class in this country and that are being ignored whilst talk of Syria, Palestine and the like who I'm sure the people they are trying to get elected to represent couldn't really care less about when they are on zero hour contracts going to foodbanks and struggling from day to day.

Maybe I just don't know enough about foreign affairs, but those on our own doorstep need to be prioritsed in my view and they aren't being

Well, that's the 'I swallow and spout cheap, ridiculous characterisations without thinking' bingo card marked off.

If you read Labour's manifesto you might find some stuff in there that tackles many domestic issues. Not sure there's a whole lot on Syria and Palestine in there though :(

And could people stop using 'university educated' as some sort of insult? It's ridiculous and frankly insulting to those of us who went to uni and worked hard for our degrees.

Thanks

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Is it just me? on 14:12 - Jun 11 with 1426 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 14:07 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

Surely there's space within a government to worry about both? Conditions overseas directly impact us on a domestic level after all, so need to be tackled there before they become an issue here. Unless you're going to become a full blown isolationist state.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Is it just me? on 14:17 - Jun 11 with 1419 viewsitfcjoe

Is it just me? on 14:11 - Jun 11 by footers

Well, that's the 'I swallow and spout cheap, ridiculous characterisations without thinking' bingo card marked off.

If you read Labour's manifesto you might find some stuff in there that tackles many domestic issues. Not sure there's a whole lot on Syria and Palestine in there though :(

And could people stop using 'university educated' as some sort of insult? It's ridiculous and frankly insulting to those of us who went to uni and worked hard for our degrees.

Thanks

I was talking about the people and their charactersitics not the policies - in the same way I don't care about Boris Johnson's policies because he surrounds himself with the likes of Steve Bannon that I can't trust his judgement.

I am currently at university squeezing a full time degree in to my already overcrowded life - it's not that I see it as an insult it's that I can't see that people theorising over this stuff is helping those at the bottom rung of the ladder.

Is it just me? on 14:18 - Jun 11 with 1413 viewspickles110564

Is it just me? on 14:11 - Jun 11 by footers

Thanks

Worked hard for your degrees? Depends what subject you took doesn't it?
My daughter worked extremely hard for her law degree, my nephew doing geography not so hard.
If you don't realise Labour has lost touch outside the London bubble you head is well and truly buried in the sand.
Is it just me? on 14:18 - Jun 11 with 1413 viewsfooters

Is it just me? on 14:17 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

I was talking about the people and their charactersitics not the policies - in the same way I don't care about Boris Johnson's policies because he surrounds himself with the likes of Steve Bannon that I can't trust his judgement.

I am currently at university squeezing a full time degree in to my already overcrowded life - it's not that I see it as an insult it's that I can't see that people theorising over this stuff is helping those at the bottom rung of the ladder.

Oh OK then. You vote on personality, not policy. Very sensible.

Is it just me? on 14:19 - Jun 11 with 1408 viewsitfcjoe

Is it just me? on 14:12 - Jun 11 by SpruceMoose

Surely there's space within a government to worry about both? Conditions overseas directly impact us on a domestic level after all, so need to be tackled there before they become an issue here. Unless you're going to become a full blown isolationist state.

There should be, but austerity is the biggest issue facing us and is leading to things like Brexit and they can't see the wood through the trees and are happy for the Tories to take us out as they have never been fans of the EU.

Is it just me? on 14:20 - Jun 11 with 1402 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 14:19 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

There should be, but austerity is the biggest issue facing us and is leading to things like Brexit and they can't see the wood through the trees and are happy for the Tories to take us out as they have never been fans of the EU.

I may be wrong on this, but I thought Labour's manifesto was staunchly anti austerity?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me? on 14:20 - Jun 11 with 1402 viewspickles110564

Is it just me? on 14:12 - Jun 11 by SpruceMoose

It was our governments intervention abroad that caused a lot of the issues that the world has to face now.
Wonder if he will ever have to stand up in court and explain his lies to everyone?
Is it just me? on 14:20 - Jun 11 with 1402 viewsfooters

Is it just me? on 14:18 - Jun 11 by pickles110564

My daughter worked extremely hard for her law degree, my nephew doing geography not so hard.
If you don't realise Labour has lost touch outside the London bubble you head is well and truly buried in the sand.

How would you know how difficult a degree is unless you've done it yourself? Or are you just making sweeping generalisations?

I couldn't do a music degree because I'm tone deaf. That makes it hard. Every subject is hard if you put the requisite work in.

Is it just me? on 14:22 - Jun 11 with 1396 viewsfooters

Is it just me? on 14:20 - Jun 11 by SpruceMoose

I may be wrong on this, but I thought Labour's manifesto was staunchly anti austerity?

It's pretty obvious Joe hasn't read it. He just hates Corbyn and lefty uni students. Grrr.

But he'll forgive the party he supports for introducing austerity lol.

Is it just me? on 14:23 - Jun 11 with 1394 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 14:20 - Jun 11 by pickles110564

It was our governments intervention abroad that caused a lot of the issues that the world has to face now.
Wonder if he will ever have to stand up in court and explain his lies to everyone?

So you agree that it is better to bring about change by raising living standards and providing aid instead of invading and toppling governments?

Is it just me? on 14:23 - Jun 11 with 1393 viewspickles110564

Is it just me? on 14:20 - Jun 11 by footers

How would you know how difficult a degree is unless you've done it yourself? Or are you just making sweeping generalisations?

I couldn't do a music degree because I'm tone deaf. That makes it hard. Every subject is hard if you put the requisite work in.

My daughter had several hours lectures every day, my nephew has only 7 hours a week.
How is that making sweeping generalisations?
Like I said depends what degree you are taking.
Is it just me? on 14:24 - Jun 11 with 1390 viewsitfcjoe

Is it just me? on 14:18 - Jun 11 by footers

Oh OK then. You vote on personality, not policy. Very sensible.

You realise it is not just one or the other, that combinations of both and many other factors matter?

I don't trust Corbyn, I don't trust Johnson, but more importantly to anything both the main parties have policies on Brexit that I can't vote for.

Even with the best most charismatic leader in place of a party with brilliant policies wouldn't get my vote due to a Brexit policy being advocated by the 2 main ones, that's a red line more for me than anything else currently.

Is it just me? on 14:25 - Jun 11 with 1387 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 14:18 - Jun 11 by pickles110564

Not being funny mate, but you were saying yesterday that earning 80K a year isn't a lot of money. I'm not sure I trust you to be the voice of the working people.

Is it just me? on 14:25 - Jun 11 with 1385 viewsitfcjoe

Is it just me? on 14:20 - Jun 11 by SpruceMoose

It doesn't tackle it the right way for me - tax grabs mainly and all the talk of nationalisation of rails and services is just pie in the sky

Is it just me? on 14:25 - Jun 11 with 1383 viewsfooters

Is it just me? on 14:23 - Jun 11 by pickles110564

My daughter had several hours lectures every day, my nephew has only 7 hours a week.

We've been through this before. Lecture hours do not equal the amount of work you have to do. You have to work *independently*.

Is it just me? on 14:25 - Jun 11 with 1383 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 14:23 - Jun 11 by pickles110564

What year is your nephew in? What university does he attend?

Is it just me? on 14:26 - Jun 11 with 1379 viewspickles110564

Is it just me? on 14:23 - Jun 11 by SpruceMoose

So you agree that it is better to bring about change by raising living standards and providing aid instead of invading and toppling governments?

I would look after our own first before giving monetary aid abroad.
I would then not give money but instead undertake projects that will benefit all.
Is it just me? on 14:26 - Jun 11 with 1376 viewsitfcjoe

Is it just me? on 14:22 - Jun 11 by footers

It's pretty obvious Joe hasn't read it. He just hates Corbyn and lefty uni students. Grrr.

But he'll forgive the party he supports for introducing austerity lol.

He doesn't like Labour - he must be a Tory.....

Is it just me? on 14:27 - Jun 11 with 1373 viewsfooters

Is it just me? on 14:24 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

You realise it is not just one or the other, that combinations of both and many other factors matter?

I don't trust Corbyn, I don't trust Johnson, but more importantly to anything both the main parties have policies on Brexit that I can't vote for.

Even with the best most charismatic leader in place of a party with brilliant policies wouldn't get my vote due to a Brexit policy being advocated by the 2 main ones, that's a red line more for me than anything else currently.

Well, you seem to believe that increasing corporate tax rates and bringing certain services back under public ownership when franchises run out (perfectly feasible, not pie in the sky) won't help in ending austerity.

So, what would? Where's this money going to come from?

Is it just me? on 14:27 - Jun 11 with 1373 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 14:25 - Jun 11 by footers

We've been through this before. Lecture hours do not equal the amount of work you have to do. You have to work *independently*.

Indeed and one would imagine with a Geography degree there would be a fair amount a practical work that requires undertaking. This is where we have got to. Legitimate science based degrees are being labeled mickey mouse degrees now. Staggering.

Is it just me? on 14:30 - Jun 11 with 1359 viewspickles110564

Is it just me? on 14:25 - Jun 11 by SpruceMoose

Not being funny mate, but you were saying yesterday that earning 80K a year isn't a lot of money. I'm not sure I trust you to be the voice of the working people.

Sprucey thats not fair, I was answering a question where someone said you were rich on £80k a year. As far as I am concerned that is not rich.
Rich is people like Clegg that drops all their principles as soon as they get a sniff of power of a gold coin or too.
Cable was just the same, Miliband etc. there are too many of them to mention.
Look at Kinnock totally against the EU until he started receiving money from them.
Hessletine, how much does he get from the EU every year?
Is it just me? on 14:32 - Jun 11 with 1345 viewspickles110564

Is it just me? on 14:25 - Jun 11 by footers

So now you are comparing a Law Degree in a top university to a degree in geography? You really are being silly on this one Footers.
Is it just me? on 14:32 - Jun 11 with 1345 viewsBlueBoots

Is it just me? on 09:57 - Jun 11 by Steve_M

The problem is that too many in the UK don't understand the relative strengths of the EU compared to this country. As evidenced by the post your replied to.

One person does...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024